C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Performance options for W204 C250. Please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2016 | 05:26 PM

C250
Performance options for W204 C250. Please help

Hi MBWorld,

I am struggling to keep my 2012 C250. I need more performance! and before anyone starts some crap about buying another car (blah, blah, blah)... I really like everything about it other than the performance. I'm considering 2 options and really need some honest feedback from all of you. I would hate to spend the money and not see results. I have read almost every thread that is out there from 2012 and later when these options first came available; but there hasn't been any real resolution to the concerns that people have had. Especially nothing as of recent months.

1. Full RADO system (intercooler, downpipe, midpipe, and rear-section)

2. JB Tune

The gains could be exactly what I'm looking for so please give me your honest assessment and hopefully I can make a decision on whether to purchase the mods or exclude them all together.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-07-2016 | 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C200 CGI
The Rado fmic you'll need to trim your bumper beam FYI. I'd also consider the full exhaust from Armytrix, it's adjustable and sounds much better.

For tuning you have Brabus or Carlsson both of which I've heard great things. The Brabus stage 2 kit also comes with a upgraded Fmic that doesn't require trimming of the bumper beam I think. There's also TMC, Swiss Chiptek, some tuner that starts with a "V" which I can't remember right now.

Intercooler pipes there's a company in Taiwan that makes hardpipes, Google FTP Motorsports c250 charge pipes.
The following users liked this post:
Cagny (03-08-2016)
Old 03-07-2016 | 09:01 PM

2014 W204 C250
Unfortunately, no matter what you do, it will still under perform with the stock turbo. I have a JB tune, Pop-off valve upgrade and intake. Has a bit more mid-range torque but that's it. It is noticeable, but wont yield any noticeable top end horsepower gains. It is decent around town tough. Another problem besides the tiny turbo is the computer kills the fun once it starts to make decent power with the JB tune by hitting fuel cut. The computer is constantly fighting the mods, retarding timing, cutting fuel, and even reducing throttle input. Car has great potential, but the stock turbo is too small to make any decent power, and the computer is always trying to hold it back.

I have not heard of any computer flashes that cure these issues. A few guys have tried to make good power with these cars, but they always fall silent after a while of trying. I have read about a turbo upgrade which replaces the stock compressor wheel, but the exhaust side is still tiny and is a serious bottleneck. This chassis deserves much better, like a 500hp 6.2l V8 maybe? Hmmmm ;-)
The following users liked this post:
Cagny (03-08-2016)
Old 03-09-2016 | 07:38 PM

C250
so does anyone have the rado system installed?

so does anyone have the rado system currently installed or in the past with any feedback? it sounds like that this issue is locked and the jury says "don't pass go and don't collect $200"
Old 03-09-2016 | 07:39 PM

C250
well technically a jury should be made up of at least 12 people... i have two replies. LOL
Old 03-09-2016 | 09:56 PM

2014 W204 C250
I really comes down to what you are looking for. I come from the Japanese 4 cylinder turbo world (Mitsu EVO, Eclipse) where parts are abundant and yield serious returns with minimal effort. This C250 is my wife's car and she could care less about performance, but I think the car is fun, just needs some decent power. Looking at Razo's dyno sheets, I don't think they cracked 200 hp at the wheels. For most the C250 has more power than they need, at least in this section of the board where they are more interested in cosmetics. Nothing wrong with that. The majority of true power enthusiast are in the C63 section. It would be great to get 300whp out of the 250, I think that would turn it into a different beast. That's me though. You may be happy with a few more ft/lbs of torque which is def possible if you throw all the parts available at it. just don't look for much peak hp.
Old 03-12-2016 | 08:46 AM

Mercedes C250 Coupe
I would tend to agree with 2014 C250 (actually with his wife's take on performance - but his take on what you are looking for.).

I bought the car - i also came from an Asian - but a 6/6 non turbo - automobile with great performance potential.

The C250 - I have a coupe - is a beautiful (and also reliable) car. CU - when I last looked at their ratings - gave it really high marks, er, solid red dots.

I wish you the best in enjoying this vehicle.

ez
Old 03-13-2016 | 01:06 AM

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Cagny
Hi MBWorld,

I am struggling to keep my 2012 C250. I need more performance! and before anyone starts some crap about buying another car (blah, blah, blah)... I really like everything about it other than the performance. I'm considering 2 options and really need some honest feedback from all of you. I would hate to spend the money and not see results. I have read almost every thread that is out there from 2012 and later when these options first came available; but there hasn't been any real resolution to the concerns that people have had. Especially nothing as of recent months.

1. Full RADO system (intercooler, downpipe, midpipe, and rear-section)

2. JB Tune

The gains could be exactly what I'm looking for so please give me your honest assessment and hopefully I can make a decision on whether to purchase the mods or exclude them all together.

Thanks in advance!
I have rado FMIC and full exhaus with JB tune too. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Old 03-13-2016 | 11:25 PM

C250
Thanks for the feedback

Originally Posted by Robert Watson
I have rado FMIC and full exhaus with JB tune too. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Hey Robert! I noticed you have gone superman status on your c250! It looks great!!! 👍🏽 Questions I have are simple... 1.) you put the rado system on along with JB tune. What type of performance did you actually get out of your car after the install for just these parts? Please be as specific and detailed as possible. Any pics or videos? If so pm me!
2.) if you could turn back time and do it all over again, would you go with the same system (Rado/JB piggy back) or would you change to let's say (Armytrix for exhaust)?
3.) it's a lot of money, so is it worth just these adds or will I end up wanting to change the complexity of the vehicle like you have extensively trying to make it faster and compensate for what Rado and JB could not?
4.) lastly, I really love the car but hate the lack of initial "punch" when engaging the throttle. Does this resolve the issue or not?

Thanks for everyone's thoughtful suggestions and I hope to make a decision soon.