Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Android 10.25 Screen Unit >

Android 10.25 Screen Unit

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Android 10.25 Screen Unit

 
Old 03-12-2018, 08:37 PM
  #26  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
2010 c300
Here are 2 similar cool app so you don't need to mess with that small dot in the bottom left corner of the screen to expand the home and back button. I'm using the LMT Pie on xda since I also use it on my phone. The issue I found with the xda one is that you can't access accessibility option on your screen. You need to access this for the back button to work. The one from the play store will get you to accessibility during setup. But if you are rooted then the xda one will work right away.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....jun.simplepie
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1330150

I have mine set to so I just swipe from the left or right side (mid section) of the screen and added a "recent app" button so I can get to my open apps quickly without going to home > apps. Also set up "quick Openquicksettings" button so I can quickly access BT, wifi, etc.

Last edited by aznmode; 03-12-2018 at 08:40 PM.
aznmode is offline  
Old 03-13-2018, 11:02 AM
  #27  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C250
Android Screen on 2011 W204 pre FL

Thanks for posting this information... I just picked up a 2011 W204to use as a winter vehicle and realized it only has an aux input. So, From what I understand, even though I don't have a NAV system just the basic AUDIO 20 this system would be completely compatible with my car? i.e. full bluetooth capability and NAV?
Thanks
Party013 is offline  
Old 03-13-2018, 12:00 PM
  #28  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sälen
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
C180 Kompressor (2008)
Originally Posted by Party013 View Post
Thanks for posting this information... I just picked up a 2011 W204to use as a winter vehicle and realized it only has an aux input. So, From what I understand, even though I don't have a NAV system just the basic AUDIO 20 this system would be completely compatible with my car? i.e. full bluetooth capability and NAV?
Thanks
Yes, the screen is like an Android phone. You can have Google maps or waze or whatever. You will need an internet connection for that though.
adro92 is offline  
Old 03-13-2018, 02:53 PM
  #29  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by Party013 View Post
Thanks for posting this information... I just picked up a 2011 W204to use as a winter vehicle and realized it only has an aux input. So, From what I understand, even though I don't have a NAV system just the basic AUDIO 20 this system would be completely compatible with my car? i.e. full bluetooth capability and NAV?
Thanks
It doesn't mess with or add extra features to your stock as it runs on its own. If you want to access your stock command you need to launch the radio from the android system so you can see your old system on screen and use the knob to navigate around it. You can still use your stock radio, BT talk, etc. If you want to go back to android just tap the screen again to go back to the android system. Some cases, the audio from the android won't auto switch from your stock (lets say you are listening to FM radio, CD etc) so you need to access your stock command screen and change audio to Aux so you can hear audio (Waze, youtube, etc) from the android side.

I don't think you can BT stream audio from your phone to the android. But I can check it again later as I might be wrong in this one.
aznmode is offline  
Old 03-13-2018, 03:02 PM
  #30  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sälen
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
C180 Kompressor (2008)
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
It doesn't mess with or add extra features to your stock as it runs on its own. If you want to access your stock command you need to launch the radio from the android system so you can see your old system on screen and use the knob to navigate around it. You can still use your stock radio, BT talk, etc. If you want to go back to android just tap the screen again to go back to the android system. Some cases, the audio from the android won't auto switch from your stock (lets say you are listening to FM radio, CD etc) so you need to access your stock command screen and change audio to Aux so you can hear audio (Waze, youtube, etc) from the android side.

I don't think you can BT stream audio from your phone to the android. But I can check it again later as I might be wrong in this one.
I've BT streamed Spotify from my phone to the android unit, so that works. You just have to pair them
adro92 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to adro92 For This Useful Post:
Party013 (03-15-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 03:21 PM
  #31  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by adro92 View Post
I've BT streamed Spotify from my phone to the android unit, so that works. You just have to pair them
Good to know! Thank you. I did pair my phone once to the android phone side but noticed it was very loud during calls and it was only working on 1 speaker so I unpaired and never let it reconnect.
aznmode is offline  
Old 03-14-2018, 03:59 PM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Posts: 463
Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by dchar View Post

From seller’s website:


Doesnt look as well-integrated to the dash design as the pre-facelift IMO.
I was getting a bit excited about it until I saw it on a post FL model. I agree with others, the integration into the dash is definitely not as clean as on the pre FL models.
Cardfan91 is offline  
Old 03-18-2018, 03:15 PM
  #33  
Super Member
 
benzdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 697
Thanked 35 Times in 35 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Talking

Does it improve the ipod connectivity (and player) or just uses the stock media interface? How are you getting internet access to download from google play and show maps in real-time?

Also, do you get firmware updates/fixes from the manufacturer?

Last edited by benzdude; 03-18-2018 at 03:17 PM.
benzdude is offline  
Old 03-18-2018, 06:10 PM
  #34  
Junior Member
 
Jeff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
W204 C Class
Originally Posted by benzdude View Post
Does it improve the ipod connectivity (and player) or just uses the stock media interface? How are you getting internet access to download from google play and show maps in real-time?

Also, do you get firmware updates/fixes from the manufacturer?

From what I understand is that internet acces comes from your phone, because you basicly connect your phone to the android screen and no longer the 'car'
Jeff7 is offline  
Old 03-19-2018, 04:22 AM
  #35  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sälen
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
C180 Kompressor (2008)
If your car had WiFi you can use that. There are things you can plug into your OBDII that gives you WiFi, monthly plan usually. Or use your phone as a mobile AP.

Now I have a question, a problem if you will. If I try to use Google Maps, it lags horribly. Maps itself I mean. Everything takes forever and when in navigation mode it lags behind really bad.

Waze is working well, but it loses GPS signal sometimes and thinks I'm somewhere beside the road. I put the GPS puck behind the screen beneath the dash.
adro92 is offline  
Old 03-19-2018, 04:54 AM
  #36  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by adro92 View Post
If your car had WiFi you can use that. There are things you can plug into your OBDII that gives you WiFi, monthly plan usually. Or use your phone as a mobile AP.

Now I have a question, a problem if you will. If I try to use Google Maps, it lags horribly. Maps itself I mean. Everything takes forever and when in navigation mode it lags behind really bad.

Waze is working well, but it loses GPS signal sometimes and thinks I'm somewhere beside the road. I put the GPS puck behind the screen beneath the dash.
Where did you install the GPS? I don't have any issue. Mine is installed under the dash where the lcd used to be. I've heard some have to install the GPS right on the dash board for GPS to work.
​​​​
aznmode is offline  
Old 03-19-2018, 07:38 AM
  #37  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sälen
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
C180 Kompressor (2008)
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
Where did you install the GPS? I don't have any issue. Mine is installed under the dash where the lcd used to be. I've heard some have to install the GPS right on the dash board for GPS to work.
​​​​
I placed it behind where the screen used to be, on the left. Roughly where Raymond Urias places it in his install video.
I also recieved a flat and long antenna, which i didnt install. Maybe i need both?
adro92 is offline  
Old 03-19-2018, 02:33 PM
  #38  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by adro92 View Post
I placed it behind where the screen used to be, on the left. Roughly where Raymond Urias places it in his install video.
I also recieved a flat and long antenna, which i didnt install. Maybe i need both?
I put mine on the right. Left side is the video adapter box just in case it may interfere with the GPS. Did not get a flat long antenna in mine though so not sure what that's for. But my GPS is working fine. Will check later on the strength signal.
aznmode is offline  
Old 03-19-2018, 02:43 PM
  #39  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sälen
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
C180 Kompressor (2008)
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
I put mine on the right. Left side is the video adapter box just in case it may interfere with the GPS. Did not get a flat long antenna in mine though so not sure what that's for. But my GPS is working fine. Will check later on the strength signal.
I got one like this, which is the GPS antenna right



But I also got one like this

Last edited by adro92; 03-19-2018 at 02:46 PM.
adro92 is offline  
Old 03-19-2018, 05:23 PM
  #40  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by adro92 View Post
I got one like this, which is the GPS antenna right



But I also got one like this
I don't know what the 2nd one is but I only got the 1st pic in my kit and that's the one I'm using. Also, I've heard the GPS (1st pic) cannot be installed upside down. Have you checked with the seller what the 2nd one is for?
aznmode is offline  
Old 03-19-2018, 05:38 PM
  #41  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
aznmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,309
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
2010 c300
New accessory
Amazon Amazon


Installed Google assistant so I can voice dictate location, text entry, etc.

The USB port is not hot swap-able so you will need to plug this in prior to turning your car on.

It does produce some static sometimes so it's not able to pick up what I'm saying when that happens. But still better than not having a mic.

Last edited by aznmode; 03-19-2018 at 05:44 PM.
aznmode is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 12:14 AM
  #42  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 209
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2011 C300 Luxury
I just received my package today. About to install it. But I also got the flat antenna thing, what is it? I don’t remember the YouTube install tutorial talking about it.
95Sinned420 is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 12:51 AM
  #43  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sälen
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
C180 Kompressor (2008)
I did some research and it seems that flat antenna is a GSM/GPRS antenna. I don't know if you can put a SIM card in the screen or something, but it might be for that?
​​
adro92 is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 02:04 AM
  #44  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 209
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2011 C300 Luxury
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but everything powers on, I can use the touch screen. However, I can't control it with the car's dial knob lol
95Sinned420 is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 02:23 AM
  #45  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sälen
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
C180 Kompressor (2008)
Originally Posted by 95Sinned420 View Post
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but everything powers on, I can use the touch screen. However, I can't control it with the car's dial knob lol
Did you double check the connections? On my car I had to do "B to B, and A/B to A".
And there is a setting somewhere where you can select if you want COMAND knob controller or not.

EDIT: Also make sure to select to correct settings for your car. Access those settings by tapping 5 times above "Navigation settings".

Last edited by adro92; 03-20-2018 at 02:29 AM.
adro92 is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 02:29 AM
  #46  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 209
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2011 C300 Luxury
Yep, I swapped them and now it works.
95Sinned420 is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 02:30 AM
  #47  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sälen
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
C180 Kompressor (2008)
Originally Posted by 95Sinned420 View Post
Yep, I swapped them and now it works.
Great! It would be cool if you could report back here when you've tried Google Maps, since my Maps is lagging real bad, so I cant really use it. Waze is smooth tho.
adro92 is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 02:33 AM
  #48  
Super Member
 
xsever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 999
Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport - 2005 CLK 320
Originally Posted by adro92 View Post
It would be cool if you could report back here when you've tried Google Maps, since my Maps is lagging real bad, so I cant really use it. Waze is smooth tho.
Yeah I'd like to know that as well. You can also check out the same thread on the W212 forum and maybe they have more answers.
xsever is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 04:56 AM
  #49  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 209
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2011 C300 Luxury
Google Maps is laggy for me as well. Seems like it needs a powerful tablet or something. Waze is perfectly fine.

Question: how do you close apps? Do they close automatically when you switch apps?

My knob control scroll doesn’t work, whether I have the setting enabled or disabled. Clicking it works in the home money just fine but spinning it does nothing.

Also, I gotta invest in some aux filter to cancel out the interference I am getting. I’ve always has a buzz playing music and charging my phone at the same time, so now the buzz is always on since the tablet is powered by the car. 😢

other than that, I love it!
95Sinned420 is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 04:59 AM
  #50  
Super Member
 
xsever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 999
Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport - 2005 CLK 320
Originally Posted by 95Sinned420 View Post
Question: how do you close apps? Do they close automatically when you switch apps?
With Android, you don't have to close apps. Memory management is handled automatically by Android. They will get closed automatically in the background as you open new apps.
xsever is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Android 10.25 Screen Unit


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: