C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-10-2015, 03:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

Fake Exhaust Tips on C200?

Old 01-13-2015, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S205
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
You made a blanket statement that is clearly not true.
Lets not pretend what this is really about. Do you of all people, really want to talk about making statements, on this board that is not true?

Problem is that you know, that I know...
Old 01-13-2015, 01:51 PM

S205
Originally Posted by vic viper
Half what?

All the "Active" exhausts look like the ones in the pictures above, they have to as the design tips are mounted solid in the bumper and the exhaust system is a moving part, therefore all systems look like this.
Yes half blind, half active. That is precisely what you get on this car. (Real AMG excluded - or not!) Would you call that system a Genuine exhaust?

EDIT: Seems from this photo i just found, that even the AMG 63 have this system with Blinds.

Last edited by Eilers; 01-13-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:52 PM

S205
Another view

Old 01-13-2015, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Originally Posted by Eilers
Would you call that system a Genuine exhaust?

Yes, why shouldnt I?
Old 01-13-2015, 01:54 PM

W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
Thanks Glyn - very informative. I would personally want them to be active.

Anyone have the C200 (petrol) in the UK want to check that the exhaust tips? It would save me a trip to the dealers & me getting on all fours! Appreciated.
UK C200 exhaust as first post. It never occurred to me that the rear trim was suppose to look like exhaust tips.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:00 PM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
No worries. I know you guys do not have the Exclusive line until MY16, but for the standard line, It should also be possible at any dealer, to order the dual type exhauss as in the photos. As i understand it, for a premium with C180/C200 and optional at no extra charge with C250.

This is handy if you want to retrofit a BRABUS or Carlsson body kit to a standard model.
I am planning on getting the AMG trim anyway so I'm hoping it has active (edit!) exhaust tips. I can't see this anywhere on the MB UK website that shows a pay for upgrade for twin active exhausts.

Last edited by Mr Enigma; 01-13-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Merlin1
UK C200 exhaust as first post. It never occurred to me that the rear trim was suppose to look like exhaust tips.
Thanks. Do you have the AMG trim?
Old 01-13-2015, 02:24 PM

S205
I am planning on getting the AMG trim anyway so I'm hoping it has active (edit!) exhaust tips. I can't see this anywhere on the MB UK website that shows a pay for upgrade for twin active exhausts.
Looking at the SA sheet, it should be option B16. Try calling your dealer.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:34 PM

S205
I think one of the main problems with the info going round in circles here, is that Glyn M Ruck posted photos in reply #12, from the Accessories catalogue.

You can buy the individuial components of the AMG style body kit, as an accessory, in which case you obviously does not always get active exhausts. The photos shown in #12, is arbitrary in respect to the actual models we can order with factory fitted AMG style kit.. There will be seperate partnumber when bought as an accessory, for active and blind exhaust respectively.

Last edited by Eilers; 01-13-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
I think one of the main problems with the info going round in circles here, is that Glyn M Ruck posted photos in reply #12, from the Accessories catalogue.

You can buy the individuial components of the AMG style body kit, as an accessory, in which case you obviously does not always get active exhausts. The photos shown in #12, is arbitrary in respect to the actual models we can order with factory fitted AMG style kit.. There will be seperate partnumber when bought as an accessory, for active and blind exhaust respectively.

Why do you keep assuming stuff when you actually have no idea?

There are only two rear AMG accessory kits available, one for SA code 235 (park assist) and one without.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:59 PM

S205
Why do you keep assuming stuff when you actually have no idea?

There are only two rear AMG accessory kits available, one for SA code 235 (park assist) and one without.
It is a fair assumption for two reasons.

1: you can buy a standard, avantgarde and Exclusive model with single hidden, or dual active exhaust system. If f.ex i order a c250 with no exterior package, then i still get the dual active exhausts as an option at no charge.

2: The accessories catalogue does not mention that the AMG kit can only be retrofitted to one or the other type. If you are right, the accessory catalogue is not precise, or are you suggesting that the blind type shown in Glyn's post can also be fitted to a car with dual active exhausts?

Partnumbers for accessory part and a spare part is rarely the same, even if the parts are identical, and from reading your reply, i would expect that you are looking at spare partnumbers only.

But you know what Vic, seing as you take that attitude, I am going to check it out, get back to you. Takes maybe a day or two.

Edit: Looking at this reputable mercedes dealers webshop: http://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tunin...rear-apron.htm

The AMG bumper is specified to work only for models with "Visible exhaust tailpipes" Note the plural, as if in dual active exhausts. You have to specify with or without Parktronic. This is not exhaust type related.

This only adds to the confusion. If you go back and look at the photos in post #12, you will see that it is the same photos as used in the webshop. You will also see in the extreme close up, that the bumper is clearly blind, as on the AMG style with hidden single exhaust.

Assuming that there is only one type with/without parktronic as ViC says, and assuming the photo is corect. Then i have two questions.

1: How is that blind type, shown the photos, supposed to work with cars that have dual active exhausts,

2: Why would that same bumper not fit a car with single hidden exhaust?

Last edited by Eilers; 01-13-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Well, luckily neither me nor Glyn are working on assumptions here.

No the part numbers are not the same, the accessory kit is just as the name implies - a kit, consisting of the parts needed to perform a retrofit, and as the retrofit usually is performed from models without AMG-package they already have the down facing exhaust hence no need for "active" tips.
If the car would have the rear facing exhaust its just a matter of replacing the exhaust tip bracket in the bumper.

Regarding the "attitude", do you really find it surprising when I react to people stating things they obviously does not know much about?
Old 01-13-2015, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Mr Eilers just chooses to be obtuse & argues with the likes of Sportstick that knows a lot more about the industry than he does. Period! That's why he always gets into squabbles with other members & we receive complaints about him.

The rear ends I have shown are all on standard SA production vehicles from the plant at different levels of trim from C180 up. They are not accessories. This excludes the C63 which is not built here. They might also be available as accessories in some markets.

Mr Enigma. Your only answer is to contact MBUK or your dealer to confirm your spec. As you are aware there are many things available to the SA market that are not included for UK at present. The cars are built here to a specific UK requested spec that does not align directly with SA or other international models.

EDIT: I really hope you get what you want.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 01-13-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C250, W245 B180CDI
As I know it is like that:

Petrol engines C180 and C200
standard line - no visible exhaust
Exclusive, Avangarde - no visible exhaust (only silver trim on bumper)
AMG line - 2 visible and working exhaust

Petrol engines C250 and up
Exclusive, Avangarde - 2 visible and working exhaust
AMG line - 2 visible and working exhaust

Diesel
Exclusive, Avangarde - no visible exhaust (only silver trim on bumper)
AMG line - 2 visible but NOT working exhaust (real exhaust is under bumper) - like photo in Glyn M Ruck post
Old 01-13-2015, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Lets not pretend what this is really about. Do you of all people, really want to talk about making statements, on this board that is not true?

Problem is that you know, that I know...
Cobbler's, are you hallucinating? What are you smoking?

Your arrogant statement is incorrect.

I remind you that you said.

"AMG exterior comes with dual exhausts, irregardless of engine type. If you can order AMG exterior package, the car will not have hidden exhausts."
Old 01-13-2015, 04:03 PM

W205 C200 Sport Premium Plus. October 2018. 1497cc with 48 volt battery eq
Thanks. Do you have the AMG trim?
No C200 Sport Prem. Plus
Old 01-13-2015, 04:12 PM

S205
Cobbler's, are you hallucinating? What are you smoking?
Well, what do you need to smoke, to make yourself so dazed that you go around telling people that you managed a F1 team and "many" race teams, when you clearly didn't?

P.S i guess in your rage, mixed with joy that you could catch me out, You omitted to read my post, to which i corrected my initial reply long ago..
Old 01-13-2015, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

You are still hallucinating. I've never claimed to manage F1 teams. I was involved with F1 through my company's sponsorship of an F1 team.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:00 PM

S205
Well, luckily neither me nor Glyn are working on assumptions here.

No the part numbers are not the same, the accessory kit is just as the name implies - a kit, consisting of the parts needed to perform a retrofit, and as the retrofit usually is performed from models without AMG-package they already have the down facing exhaust hence no need for "active" tips.
If the car would have the rear facing exhaust its just a matter of replacing the exhaust tip bracket in the bumper.

Regarding the "attitude", do you really find it surprising when I react to people stating things they obviously does not know much about?
Ok, so we can only speak when we are correct?

So you are saying that the kit can be used for both types of exhaust, and that the kits comes complete with all necessary parts to be used on both models with downward facing and rear facing exhausts.

I can follow the logic there, but it sems to go directly againt the description from the authorized MB dealer Kunzmann. They list the part as only for models with visible exhaust tailpipes. - that would be what you call "rear facing exhaust" According to Kunzmann, the kit is not for models with downward facing exhaust.

"The AMG styling rear apron can be retrofitted to any C-Class W205 with visible exhaust tailpipes"

http://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tunin...rear-apron.htm
Old 01-13-2015, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Merlin1
No C200 Sport Prem. Plus
Thank you for your reply. From the looks of it the guy in the original YouTube video doesn't have the AMG package which may add up then.

Can another member in the UK who has the AMG C200 check to see if the situation of the exhaust please?

Thank you everyone else (Vic/Glyn/Eilers/etc). Let's all keep the peace and help each other out - that's what we're here for!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

BTW ~ all pipes obviously turn downward on vanity panel models ex plant.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry you thread got messed with. There is a a history of causing trouble here.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:28 PM

S205
You are still hallucinating. I've never claimed to manage F1 teams. I was involved with F1 through my company's sponsorship of an F1 team.
My mistake, here is what you wrote:

I have run bike racing teams, car racing teams & I was our company's Tech representative on our F1 racing sponsorship for many years.
You were a F1 Tech Representative, that would be representing the Oil company you mention so often?

You mentioned that you ran Bike and Car Racing teams. So I hope you can understand, when I thought you said that you also managed a F1 Team.

It all sounds very exiting. If you dont mind me asking, what F1 team was it? The Race Teams you manged, were they also based out of South Africa? Being a Team manager, I have to assume that you also have a racing career behind you, or where you just a wealthy enthusiast/money man?
Old 01-13-2015, 06:39 PM

BTW ~ all pipes obviously turn downward on vanity panel models ex plant.

Sorry you thread got messed with.

Yes that's clear otherwise the exhaust fumes would be hitting the back of the panel. I was just confused that the AMG line would have a faux panel rather than a twin exhaust as it appears.

If you look at the configurator in the UK website you can actually see that the diesel AMG models have the mesh blocked exhaust, whereas the petrol AMG looks like it's an actual twin.

Also to help muddy the water, the online brochure (http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cur...oon-estate.pdf) on page 22 says 'Visible twin-pipe exhaust trim integrated into rear bumper'. That doesn't specify if it's a faux exhaust or a real one.

There is a C200 in my nearest dealer with the AMG trim. I'm going to show my wife the new C-Class next weekend so I will check then - unless someone answers my question(s) from the UK.

No worries about going off-topic. You have all been very helpful!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:40 PM

S205
Sorry you thread got messed with. There is a a history of causing trouble here.
Yes you and I have a history of bad blood, which you brought to this thread. Anyone can read back and see how you initiated the personal attacks.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fake Exhaust Tips on C200?