C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:49 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 c450
I have a very slight, low frequency rumble at highway speeds, which is more tactile than audible. This guy seems to have very extraordinary sensibilities, and I suggest he should have stayed with the S class. Perhaps too much time spent with the puerile set?

Maybe, just maybe, it's just histrionics.

Last edited by Maritime; 01-25-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 C450 break AMG Sport
Originally Posted by cajun1689
How much were the top wheels if you don't mind me asking
http://www.mercteil.com/en/products/...wheels-c-class
Old 01-25-2016, 03:28 PM

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe (previous), 2016 C450 AMG Sport (previous), 2020 GLE450 (previous), 2021 S580 (now)
Originally Posted by g8rgrl
Hello! I am waiting for the C43 coupe. It is supposed to launch in September 2016, which seems to be the same timeline as when the C450 sedan launched in 2015. My lease ends in September so I will need one of the "first" C43 coupes, not because I need to be "first" but simply because of timing. For those of you who received the "first" C450 sedans in September 2015, when did you place your order? Thanks for your help.

You should ask your local dealer to contact you as soon as the order bank is open in a few months.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by Pdmahaf
According to this post http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/24/b...port-official/ they were able to raise the limiter to 174. Maybe something to try during your review, lol.
i maxed mine out a couple weeks ago and the limiter was 215 km/h so like 130 mp/h i was not impressed lol
Old 01-26-2016, 08:22 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by nadeau
i maxed mine out a couple weeks ago and the limiter was 215 km/h so like 130 mp/h i was not impressed lol
Wow, my first car, a 1997 Honda Prelude Type-SH went to 250 km/h... didn't get there too fast, but it got there...

Top speed doesn't really both me though, as I am not that reckless anymore as I grow older...
Old 01-26-2016, 10:14 AM
Doa
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts
W205
anyone here thinking about switching to the luxury grill on the sports pack?
Old 01-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Banned

2016 c450
Not me, I love my stock 450 grill.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:12 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Some guys mentioned rinseless wash a few pages back. I know this is not a detailing thread so my apologies if off topic, but it may be useful for some:

I take that a step further and use a waterless wash on my vehicles, especially during the winter months. I was skeptical at first as the first thought that goes to your head is the scratches and swirls that should come with wiping dirt off of your vehicle with a cloth. I did some research on detailing forums and was convinced.

The waterless I use is Chemical Guys Ecosmart Hyper Concentrate waterless wash and wax. It has real Carnauba wax that you actually have to buff off as part of the wash - it's good stuff!

I use a Kwazar Dual-Action Professional sprayer to apply the solution to a dry (but dirty) car, then wipe off dirt (in one direction only, not back and forth) with a clean and very plush microfiber (invest in good microfiber). It's amazing how good the waterless solution works at pulling the dirt away from the paint. Once the dirt is wiped off (it wipes off amazingly well in a single pass, hard to explain), a haze will develop on the paint once the carnauba starts to dry on the paint. You will need to buff off that haze with a clean, dry high quality microfiber.

It is absolutely fantastic... It saves time and delivers an amazing shine that you wouldn't otherwise get with a simple wash and dry...

I went this route for two reasons :

1) convenience - no need to drag out and fill buckets, drag out the pressure washer, drag out the hose, etc. The only tools needed are microfibers, a spray bottle and the solution. Also, you can stop and start anytime - you can do a few panels, go inside to grab a beer, etc. No rush to finish everything in one "sitting".

2) water - During the winter in my climate, it's a pain to wash a car. Washing outside is impossible as your hands will freeze and the water will freeze on the car most days. Washing inside of my garage with water was ok, but inconvenient and very messy (water flies everywhere, needed to squeegee garage floor afterwards, etc.). Also, my municipality has very hard water, so water spots are a problem. Even when you take the time to dry properly, you always miss some in crevices.

I love it! Here is how dirty my wife's MDX was a few days ago when I did the waterless - came out looking brand new with a nice shine. I'm sold!

After the first wipe :

I didn't actually take after pics, but trust me - the car is as clean and immaculate as it gets! Total time from stepping out into the garage, approx. 35 minutes (includes wheels and windows as well)...
Old 01-26-2016, 04:01 PM
mvw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG; 2015 Infiniti QX60
Originally Posted by nvestr
Some guys mentioned rinseless wash a few pages back. I know this is not a detailing thread so my apologies if off topic, but it may be useful for some:

I take that a step further and use a waterless wash on my vehicles, especially during the winter months. I was skeptical at first as the first thought that goes to your head is the scratches and swirls that should come with wiping dirt off of your vehicle with a cloth. I did some research on detailing forums and was convinced.

The waterless I use is Chemical Guys Ecosmart Hyper Concentrate waterless wash and wax. It has real Carnauba wax that you actually have to buff off as part of the wash - it's good stuff!

I use a Kwazar Dual-Action Professional sprayer to apply the solution to a dry (but dirty) car, then wipe off dirt (in one direction only, not back and forth) with a clean and very plush microfiber (invest in good microfiber). It's amazing how good the waterless solution works at pulling the dirt away from the paint. Once the dirt is wiped off (it wipes off amazingly well in a single pass, hard to explain), a haze will develop on the paint once the carnauba starts to dry on the paint. You will need to buff off that haze with a clean, dry high quality microfiber.

It is absolutely fantastic... It saves time and delivers an amazing shine that you wouldn't otherwise get with a simple wash and dry...

1) convenience - no need to drag out and fill buckets, drag out the pressure washer, drag out the hose, etc. The only tools needed are microfibers, a spray bottle and the solution. Also, you can stop and start anytime - you can do a few panels, go inside to grab a beer, etc. No rush to finish everything in one "sitting".

2) water - During the winter in my climate, it's a pain to wash a car. Washing outside is impossible as your hands will freeze and the water will freeze on the car most days. Washing inside of my garage with water was ok, but inconvenient and very messy (water flies everywhere, needed to squeegee garage floor afterwards, etc.). Also, my municipality has very hard water, so water spots are a problem. Even when you take the time to dry properly, you always miss some in crevices.

I love it! Here is how dirty my wife's MDX was a few days ago when I did the waterless - came out looking brand new with a nice shine. I'm sold!

After the first wipe :

I didn't actually take after pics, but trust me - the car is as clean and immaculate as it gets! Total time from stepping out into the garage, approx. 35 minutes (includes wheels and windows as well)...
ok so I care and am interested but very, very lazy. Detailing shops can do this? I've basically tried to outsource my entire life but because of my fear of going to a regular crappy automatic car wash and being too busy to drop off the car somewhere during the day, my car has not been washed since I bought it.

I need someone to come at midnight and do this while I'm sleeping...
Old 01-26-2016, 04:24 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
Originally Posted by nadeau
I thought the stock limiter was limited at 155? where are you located? it may be different outside the us. I Can't test as mine has the OE tune on it at the moment.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:11 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by cajun1689
I thought the stock limiter was limited at 155? where are you located? it may be different outside the us. I Can't test as mine has the OE tune on it at the moment.
i also thought that, I'm in Canada i wonder if a tune can fix this issue
Old 01-26-2016, 11:43 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Some guys mentioned rinseless wash a few pages back. I know this is not a detailing thread so my apologies if off topic, but it may be useful
I mentioned it earlier. I didn't bring up Waterless because just bringing up no rinse goes against most people's idea of what washing their car means. I also have used waterless wash by diluting Wolfgang Uber Rinseless concentrate and it's great. These are great and economical ways for people to wash their cars and avoid tons of swirls/scratches. I'm planning to get a Kwazar bottle soon I'm currently using a $20 pump sprayer from Home Depot which works surprisingly well.

Originally Posted by mvw
ok so I care and am interested but very, very lazy. Detailing shops can do this? I've basically tried to outsource my entire life but because of my fear of going to a regular crappy automatic car wash and being too busy to drop off the car somewhere during the day, my car has not been washed since I bought it.

I need someone to come at midnight and do this while I'm sleeping...
And detailing shop worth their salt could do a proper hand wash. But I'm not talking about a commercial hand wash place that's been using the same towels all day spreading grit right into the paint.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLB 2023

After the first wipe :

I would not try that on a black car
Old 01-27-2016, 07:38 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by cleankutazn
I would not try that on a black car
My other car is Pearl Black... so far, no evidence of swirls or micro scratches. I am very careful however, only wipe a panel once and flip/swap microfibers constantly. I let the waterless dwell a bit and the dirt just floats to the surface and sticks to the MF... I am no idiot and take my car's finish seriously. I 3 step polish my own cars and always use 2 buckets plus grit guard system while washing. Always with freshly laundered mitts and microfiber drying towels, etc.

Don't judge this type of wash until you've tried I using the best products. They are not all equal!
Old 01-28-2016, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
Car gets off train in Burlington Ontario potentially this Monday

Very excited.

That said, have no snow tires / summer 19" run flats which I expect will be disastrous in the Canadian winter.

They have offered me Pirelli W210 Sottozero series II, 19" run flats tires only on my rims (225/40R19) for just under $1,700 which seems a bit premium but I've never bought run flats. Would love a rim/tire package but so far, no one has any including MB Canada.

I will have to look at autopal's again and see if I can find those.

P
Old 01-28-2016, 08:51 AM
Banned

2016 c450
You'll love this car. I have 1500 miles and it just gets more interesting and fun.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:29 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by petvan

Very excited.

That said, have no snow tires / summer 19" run flats which I expect will be disastrous in the Canadian winter.

They have offered me Pirelli W210 Sottozero series II, 19" run flats tires only on my rims (225/40R19) for just under $1,700 which seems a bit premium but I've never bought run flats. Would love a rim/tire package but so far, no one has any including MB Canada.

P
Probably my biggest apprehension on getting the C450/43 is the fact that I can't order all season tires on the stock 19" wheels I want. I understand that it is better to have summer tires and winter tires independently from a performance/ride perspective, but I live in a luxury flat in the middle of the city so I don't really have any space to store an extra set of wheels to make a seasonal change when the weather flips. It is going to be a massive headache for me...and is a point I always seem to come back to when it seems I should potentially look elsewhere.

I've already had to "settle" to get the C450/43 instead of the C63S I want because I need all wheel drive for winter, but then to have to settle again for 18" wheels just to get the all season tires stock seems ridiculous to me. Yes I could pay the $1,500+ to have them changed at delivery, but when spending $65K+ on a vehicle, I'd prefer to not be handcuffed into an option that inflates the cost with no value returned...more a matter of principle than anything.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Banned

2016 c450
Sometimes you gotta hold your nose....
Old 01-28-2016, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
Originally Posted by petvan

Very excited.

P
Try these: http://www.macpek.com/en/car-wheels/...hercher=Search

I ordered the AVW863BGM and went with Michelin X-ice Xi3. I'm in Edmonton, and I can tell you, you definitely don't want to be on those PZeros in the winter. Driving the vehicle home and then to Costco (to have the tires mounted) was not fun. Braking on ice...you continue to slide even at low speed.

I can confirm that the offset will clear the front brake calipers which seem to be the most common issue with aftermarket rims. I decided to go with the same offset for all four so that I can still rotate the tires. If you decide to go with different offsets for the front vs rear, check out 18 rims between the Audi S4 and S3 from the same site. I think they have a couple styles that come in different offsets.

Good luck and enjoy the car.

P.S. The ride is so much softer with winters vs. the 19" PZeros.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:49 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Probably my biggest apprehension on getting the C450/43 is the fact that I can't order all season tires on the stock 19" wheels I want. I understand that it is better to have summer tires and winter tires independently from a performance/ride perspective, but I live in a luxury flat in the middle of the city so I don't really have any space to store an extra set of wheels to make a seasonal change when the weather flips. It is going to be a massive headache for me...and is a point I always seem to come back to when it seems I should potentially look elsewhere.

I've already had to "settle" to get the C450/43 instead of the C63S I want because I need all wheel drive for winter, but then to have to settle again for 18" wheels just to get the all season tires stock seems ridiculous to me. Yes I could pay the $1,500+ to have them changed at delivery, but when spending $65K+ on a vehicle, I'd prefer to not be handcuffed into an option that inflates the cost with no value returned...more a matter of principle than anything.
This is just my opinion, so take it as it is, but at the end of the day, you have to do what you think is best for you. If you live in a city that experience cold winter/snow condition, then the winter tires are more than worth the headache. It only takes one moment, one moment when you wish you could stop 10 feet sooner. Yes, it may not happen, but for me, I don't take the chance. Plus the handling of the car on our icy roads with the Michelin X-ice is unbelievable. AWD is definitely nice, and with winter tires, even better, but honestly, here in Canada, I would prefer to drive with 2WD and winter tires, than AWD and all seasons. Most major tire retailers here, will store your tires and exchange them each season for a nominal fee. Maybe it's because of where I live, but I never use all season tires on any of my vehicles, I just think dedicated summers and winters are just the best of both worlds.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
any car will do better with winter tires, than with just AWD. It's not only about starting/gripping but with stopping/gripping..

Why spend 65K on a car and risk letting it slide into a curb, or a higher risk of damaging 3,000$ US worth of wheels.?
Old 01-28-2016, 02:44 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by MBrookie18

I ordered the AVW863BGM and went with Michelin X-ice Xi3. I'm in Edmonton, and I can tell you, you definitely don't want to be on those PZeros in the winter. Driving the vehicle home and then to Costco (to have the tires mounted) was not fun. Braking on ice...you continue to slide even at low speed.

I can confirm that the offset will clear the front brake calipers which seem to be the most common issue with aftermarket rims. I decided to go with the same offset for all four so that I can still rotate the tires. If you decide to go with different offsets for the front vs rear, check out 18 rims between the Audi S4 and S3 from the same site. I think they have a couple styles that come in different offsets.

Here's mine again. Man, I gotta tell you, those Michelin X-ice are fantastic. The car is unfazed by the snow and ice we have out here in Saskatoon.
Attached Thumbnails C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-amg-wheels.jpg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-amg-wheels2.jpg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-amg-wheels3.jpg  
Old 01-28-2016, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450 AMG // 2015 ML550 // 2014 911 Carrera 4
Originally Posted by MBrookie18

What tire size did you go with? 225/45?
Old 01-28-2016, 03:29 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
The wait continues....
I posted earlier in this thread that my C450 with a production date of 1/25 actually showed up at the dealer on 1/22 at the beginning of our DC Blizzard. Roads finally got clear enough to go pick it up, so today I had an appointment to get the car. Turns out they had to dig it out of a lot of snow to get it ready for me today. Apparently, the lot boys they use to do this kind of thing don't realize that you shouldn't use a shovel to get the snow off the car.

Windshield has a couple of chips and a long (maybe 18 inches or so) scratch, and will need to be replaced. Hood has a handful of scratches, maybe an inch or so long each, down to the primer.

The dealer has been fantastic about everything. They didn't try to hide anything and admitted the problem. I ordered another car, unfortunately new delivery date is now mid-April. The dealer thinks they can get the scratches fixed to the point that I won't be able to see them without a full hood repaint, and would replace the windshield (I told them the replacement would need to be factory, with the signature, not aftermarket) and offered a bit of a discount to take the car after repair. We'll sleep on their offer tonight and decide to accept the discount or wait until April for the car.

I'd obviously get to see the paint repair before accepting delivery if we decide to move forward with the car on the ground. That said, I'm not thrilled with the windshield replacement on a brand new car, who knows what trouble that leads to down the line with leaks or other issues.

Again, the dealer has been great and I believe laid out fair options. They also offered to get me a similar car from anywhere in the country, but there doesn't seem to be anything available with the options we ordered. I'm thinking we'll be waiting until April.

Windshield scratch and one chip

Hood

Hood

Hood
Old 01-28-2016, 04:05 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by z28lt1
The wait continues....
I posted earlier in this thread that my C450 with a production date of 1/25 actually showed up at the dealer on 1/22 at the beginning of our DC Blizzard. Roads finally got clear enough to go pick it up, so today I had an appointment to get the car. Turns out they had to dig it out of a lot of snow to get it ready for me today. Apparently, the lot boys they use to do this kind of thing don't realize that you shouldn't use a shovel to get the snow off the car.

Windshield has a couple of chips and a long (maybe 18 inches or so) scratch, and will need to be replaced. Hood has a handful of scratches, maybe an inch or so long each, down to the primer.

The dealer has been fantastic about everything. They didn't try to hide anything and admitted the problem. I ordered another car, unfortunately new delivery date is now mid-April. The dealer thinks they can get the scratches fixed to the point that I won't be able to see them without a full hood repaint, and would replace the windshield (I told them the replacement would need to be factory, with the signature, not aftermarket) and offered a bit of a discount to take the car after repair. We'll sleep on their offer tonight and decide to accept the discount or wait until April for the car.

I'd obviously get to see the paint repair before accepting delivery if we decide to move forward with the car on the ground. That said, I'm not thrilled with the windshield replacement on a brand new car, who knows what trouble that leads to down the line with leaks or other issues.

Again, the dealer has been great and I believe laid out fair options. They also offered to get me a similar car from anywhere in the country, but there doesn't seem to be anything available with the options we ordered. I'm thinking we'll be waiting until April.
A dual action orbital can take out some of those scratches but one of the pictures will need touch up paint and a wet sand. I wouldn't bother with this as I will always be looking for the imperfections. If this was a vehicle you already owned that somehow got damaged then I would say get it fixed. You want new, get the new car you're not spending all that money for something reconditioned or CPOed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.