C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by TC450
Nice ride! What tires comes on those rims? Are they run flats?
Thanks! Mine showed up with Continental ContiSportContact runflats (summer ultra high performance). Some show up with Pirelli PZeros.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes C450 AMG, 2015 BMW X5 x35i Luxury
Originally Posted by nvestr
Thanks! Mine showed up with Continental ContiSportContact runflats (summer ultra high performance). Some show up with Pirelli PZeros.
Yup- Mine came with Pirelli P Zero, which I immediately took off to put on Continental ContiWinterContact TS 830 P. Then I plan to put the Pirelli P Zero's back on within a month...the joys of living in Canada....
The following users liked this post:
nadeau (03-04-2016)
Old 03-03-2016, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 GLC 300 SUV, 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster, 2006 Lexus RX400h
Quick question.... had a loaner C300 last week and noticed that the gear number shows on the center console but on my C450 it only does that in manual mode. Is this the same as other people's C450s?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C450
Originally Posted by schvamf
Quick question.... had a loaner C300 last week and noticed that the gear number shows on the center console but on my C450 it only does that in manual mode. Is this the same as other people's C450s?

Thanks in advance!
My C450 functions like yours. Only D in the gauge cluster in auto.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:51 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Originally Posted by lbowroom
My C450 functions like yours. Only D in the gauge cluster in auto.
thats strange, its one of the things i really like about my car. nice to know what gear you are in. i wish the c450 had it
Old 03-03-2016, 03:29 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
With all the transmission talk we've had here lately, I found this quote from a Car and Driver article on the Q50 with the new 400HP twin-turbo motor interesting:

" This is an engine that deserves a great transmission like the sweet seven-speed automatic in the Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG, so we hope that Infiniti can get its technical partner and Mercedes’ parent company Daimler to agree to send that gearbox its way.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:25 PM

Mercedes C450 (soon)
I saw a few posts about the designo interiors and more specifically, the AMG or racing seats.

I was going to build my own and have it delivered, but one of the local dealers here had one (almost completely to what I was going to build and emailed the rep) with the Saddle Brown designo interior. I have to admit, it looks really good, but I heard/read on here that those seats were uncomfortable for a lot of people. I sat in it for probably 30 mins or so looking at the features and brief test ride and didn't notice anything, but wouldn't want them if it may give me problems on longer rides or whatnot. FYI, I remember them saying taller or bigger guys and I'm 6'3, 240 or so.

Does anyone else have issues or comments on this besides the few that posted many pages back?
Old 03-03-2016, 08:41 PM

2016 C450 AMG
$900/year. Liberty Mutual. $500 collision deductible. $250 incidental deductible. $500,000 personal liability coverage. Car rental coverage. State of Maine.

oops. posted in wrong spot!
Old 03-03-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C 450
Originally Posted by NickC123
I saw a few posts about the designo interiors and more specifically, the AMG or racing seats.

I was going to build my own and have it delivered, but one of the local dealers here had one (almost completely to what I was going to build and emailed the rep) with the Saddle Brown designo interior. I have to admit, it looks really good, but I heard/read on here that those seats were uncomfortable for a lot of people. I sat in it for probably 30 mins or so looking at the features and brief test ride and didn't notice anything, but wouldn't want them if it may give me problems on longer rides or whatnot. FYI, I remember them saying taller or bigger guys and I'm 6'3, 240 or so.

Does anyone else have issues or comments on this besides the few that posted many pages back?
I have them. 5'10 and 215 lbs and they are a tight fit. I don't slide around in them thats for sure. I did notice because of the side bolsters being so high, it was a little harder getting in and out of the car compared to the other seats. Overall I think they are comfortable once you get the adjustments right. I have a loaner C300 right now with the regular seats and I prefer mine. I guess my only complaint with them would be the ease of entering and exiting the car.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:35 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Spotted another small (yet meaningless) change for the C43 in addition to the rear and side badging variances. AMG logo on the front grill.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:04 AM

2014 Audi A5 S-Line Technik
Hi everyone,

New to the site and love the information. Just wanted to say I've been reading this thread to help with my purchase of the C450 AMG. Order was placed on the 1st of February. I am insanely excited for the delivery. It's currently scheduled for April 23rd.

2016 Mercedes C450 AMG
Black
Black AMG Leather(White Stitching)
Standard 18' Rims(Personal preference on look)
Premium Package
Open Pore Dark Ash Wood Trim
Adaptive Highbeam Assist
Active LED High Performance lighting system
(Canada based packages)

All I am planning to do is tinting when it arrives. Just not sure how dark i want to go. Anyone have any recommendations?

Hope you're all loving your C450's!!

Last edited by WillyC009; 03-04-2016 at 12:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
nadeau (03-04-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 12:51 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infamous C450
Originally Posted by topsider
thats strange, its one of the things i really like about my car. nice to know what gear you are in. i wish the c450 had it
Yeah that's weak we don't have it. It can be seen in one of the HUD settings but it should be a given.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500

I'm 6'5" and 240 and the AMG performance seats really hit me in the wrong places in the shoulder blades and upper back.. I didn't think they would be comfortable for longer driving at all. Glad I stuck with the regular seats.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:06 PM

Chrysler 300C

I'm still slightly confused on seats, but at 6'2 230lbs, I test drove a canadian C450 with the upgraded leather and couldn't have been more comfortable. It wasn't super tight, but was a snugfit that I prefer from the bolsters. I only sat in them for about 10 min while the lady friend was off chatting with mr sales and then a 20ish minute test drive. Maybe a longer ride would have changed my mind? Not sure, but I liked em. I haven't felt the default interior though, so tough to say how it compared.

Last edited by scottatah; 03-04-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:44 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by scottatah
I'm still slightly confused on seats, but at 6'2 230lbs, I test drove a canadian C450 with the upgraded leather and couldn't have been more comfortable. It wasn't super tight, but was a snugfit that I prefer from the bolsters. I only sat in them for about 10 min while the lady friend was off chatting with mr sales and then a 20ish minute test drive. Maybe a longer ride would have changed my mind? Not sure, but I liked em. I haven't felt the default interior though, so tough to say how it compared.
He is talking about the AMG racing seats...the leather feels better then the default material, and the Designo leather feels better than the standard upgrade leather. Still, his question pertains to the AMG Racing seats vs the standard sport seats.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2012 C350 4Matic Sport
Order is in! Now the waiting...

Hey all - have been lurking here around for a while gathering intel on the C450, have been in to test drive it and to see my sales guy a few times and finally got down to finalizing the deal today. To all who posted their experiences and tips on here,

Here is my config as shown on the dealers print-out:

Mercedes-Benz Canada

2016 C450 AMG 4Matic Sedan
Black with black Artico/Dinamica
MPP-Premium Package
  • Integrated Garage door opener
  • Parktronic w/Active Parking Assist
  • COMAND Online Navi w/MB Apps
  • Sirius
  • Burmester
  • Keyless GO
  • Parking Package

IDP-Intelligent Drive Package
  • Distronic Plus
  • Active Blind Spot Assist
  • Active Lane Keeping Assist
  • Advanced Driving Assistance Package
  • CMS Rear (?)
  • Distronic Plus with Steering Assist (not sure why it's listed twice)
  • BAS Plus
  • BAS Plus with Cross Traffic Assist
  • PRE-SAFE Brake (Autonomous Emergency Braking)
  • PRE-SAFE PLUS for Rear-End collision

736 - Open Pore Dark Ash Wood trim
608 - Adaptive Highbeam Assist (AHA)
640 - Active LED High Perf. Lighting System
604 - 19 inch AMG 5-split spoke Wheel (bi-colour)
51U - Black Fabric Roof Liner
501 - 360 degree camera
P17 - Power Trunk Closer Package (wife's choice - I could have skipped this one)
R01 - Summer Performance Tires

I also opted for pre-paid maintenance (3)

Since the dealer had only a white one in stock and nothing in the system matched the config, it has to be factory-ordered, and I am probably looking at a June delivery. Lease on my 2012 C350/4M is up in early April, and MB Financial will do a lease extension until the car comes in.

Waiting will be extremely difficult, to say the least.

I have a few questions for existing owners:

What do you use to clean the ash wood finish? Does the open grain collect dust/dirt?

For guys in Canada, did your car come with illuminated Mercedes-Benz door sills? These were on the white one the dealer had in stock, and sales guy says they are standard. I don't see them listed on the standard features list, or as an option or accessory.

One thing my sales guy mentioned, was that there is a way that people can track the progress of their order. I know that MB staff can access Netstar for this, but not the public. He claims a lot of his customers are able to get the information without going through him. Anyone know anything about how to do this? I assume there is no public access to Netstar and those who are doing this have somehow obtained a password.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:32 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350

you can get the designo brown in the standard seat and in the upgraded amg sport seat.

I have the designo brown in the standard seat, and love them. best part of the car for me.

I did sit in the amg sport seat in a C63 in the show room last week. certainly snug. didn't drive it, but not sure I would want that for a daily driver.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:32 AM

2016 C450 AMG
Congratulations on your order.

I've had my C450 for about three weeks now (ordered from Mercedes Burlington, Ontario). Great car, if it only would stop snowing every couple days so I can really drive it (those summer tires are fine in the snow if you never have to stop or make a turn)

Mine came with the illuminated door sills. Not sure if it's standard or was part of one of the option packages though.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:24 AM

None
Originally Posted by Waleee

I've had my C450 for about three weeks now (ordered from Mercedes Burlington, Ontario). Great car, if it only would stop snowing every couple days so I can really drive it (those summer tires are fine in the snow if you never have to stop or make a turn)

Mine came with the illuminated door sills. Not sure if it's standard or was part of one of the option packages though.
Mine came from MB Burlington as well and has illuminated interior door panels (and door handles on the exterior).

Any chance yours is white Waleee and you live in south burlington? Guy 4-5 doors up from me has one in the driveway from MB Burlington and stole my thunder ;-)

Haven't seen another around town yet.

P

Last edited by petvan; 03-06-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2012 C350 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Waleee

Congrats on your car, too.

Sucks bringing home a new car when we are still getting snow, I've been there before. Certainly must be interesting driving with wide summer tires in snow. I've always run smaller dia. wheels and narrower winter tires on my cars, and this one will be no exception. Luckily there's lots of time to find a wheel and tire package before next winter - I hear it's not easy to find an 18" wheel that will fit these cars (other than the base MB 5-spoke 18" wheel of course, but they're pretty pricey)
Old 03-07-2016, 03:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG C63S, Lamborghini Gallardo, 2016, A-class 180
Originally Posted by flagman
Congrats on your car, too.

Sucks bringing home a new car when we are still getting snow, I've been there before. Certainly must be interesting driving with wide summer tires in snow. I've always run smaller dia. wheels and narrower winter tires on my cars, and this one will be no exception. Luckily there's lots of time to find a wheel and tire package before next winter - I hear it's not easy to find an 18" wheel that will fit these cars (other than the base MB 5-spoke 18" wheel of course, but they're pretty pricey)
Best time of the year to get to know your new car. Slap on some winter tires and go have fun (safely)
Old 03-09-2016, 09:35 AM
awz

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
2008 C300, 2023 EQB 350
Black Ash Cleaning

Originally Posted by flagman
Hey all - have been lurking here around for a while gathering intel on the C450, have been in to test drive it and to see my sales guy a few times and finally got down to finalizing the deal today. To all who posted their experiences and tips on here,

Here is my config as shown on the dealers print-out:

Mercedes-Benz Canada

2016 C450 AMG 4Matic Sedan
Black with black Artico/Dinamica
MPP-Premium Package
  • Integrated Garage door opener
  • Parktronic w/Active Parking Assist
  • COMAND Online Navi w/MB Apps
  • Sirius
  • Burmester
  • Keyless GO
  • Parking Package

IDP-Intelligent Drive Package
  • Distronic Plus
  • Active Blind Spot Assist
  • Active Lane Keeping Assist
  • Advanced Driving Assistance Package
  • CMS Rear (?)
  • Distronic Plus with Steering Assist (not sure why it's listed twice)
  • BAS Plus
  • BAS Plus with Cross Traffic Assist
  • PRE-SAFE Brake (Autonomous Emergency Braking)
  • PRE-SAFE PLUS for Rear-End collision

736 - Open Pore Dark Ash Wood trim
608 - Adaptive Highbeam Assist (AHA)
640 - Active LED High Perf. Lighting System
604 - 19 inch AMG 5-split spoke Wheel (bi-colour)
51U - Black Fabric Roof Liner
501 - 360 degree camera
P17 - Power Trunk Closer Package (wife's choice - I could have skipped this one)
R01 - Summer Performance Tires

I also opted for pre-paid maintenance (3)

Since the dealer had only a white one in stock and nothing in the system matched the config, it has to be factory-ordered, and I am probably looking at a June delivery. Lease on my 2012 C350/4M is up in early April, and MB Financial will do a lease extension until the car comes in.

Waiting will be extremely difficult, to say the least.

I have a few questions for existing owners:

What do you use to clean the ash wood finish? Does the open grain collect dust/dirt?

For guys in Canada, did your car come with illuminated Mercedes-Benz door sills? These were on the white one the dealer had in stock, and sales guy says they are standard. I don't see them listed on the standard features list, or as an option or accessory.

One thing my sales guy mentioned, was that there is a way that people can track the progress of their order. I know that MB staff can access Netstar for this, but not the public. He claims a lot of his customers are able to get the information without going through him. Anyone know anything about how to do this? I assume there is no public access to Netstar and those who are doing this have somehow obtained a password.
I find that the black ash trim is easy to keep clean by wiping the dust off with a Swiffer from time to time. Pores haven't been a problem. I've had the car for five months.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
C450
I find the black ash trim easier to care for than the glossy. Doesn't show fingerprints and doesn't collect dirt in the open grain. The glossy just seems like plastic to me now whereas this open pore looks and feels more genuine. I can't imagine going back to glossy on any future purchase.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:45 PM

2016 C450 (no code 165 option..)
What does a proper spare cost?

In case you have run flats and are wondering. My Run flats stranded me on Sunday, blown out sidewall.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Originally Posted by Sma2c
In case you have run flats and are wondering. My Run flats stranded me on Sunday, blown out sidewall.
Sorry to hear about the blowout. You are going for a whole spare setup? $273 for a jack? Is there a modeled place for the jack already there? If not, you can get some pretty nice jacks for that coin.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.