C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:43 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Originally Posted by balessi75
Picked up my C450 yesterday! Very happy so far, will post pictures soon...

The car does indeed always start in comfort mode, regardless of what dynamic mode you were in last. However, I did notice that if your last mode was in Sport+, the startup exhaust has a noticeably sportier startup sound than if you left it in a lesser sport mode, even though it is still starting in comfort mode. kinda cool, but really wish it would default to starting in your last driving mode.

I ordered the standard 18" all season wheels as i have to battle NY winters, but really liked the look of the 19" options a lot better. Is anyone running 19" in the north east? Anyone planning on picking up a second set and swapping in/out all-season/summer tires? Wondering how the tire pressure monitoring system would be effected?...
Congrats!!! And welcome to the club! ....do you love it or do you LOVE it!!!??

Oh and...pictures or it didn't happen! J/k......sorta....lol
Old 10-07-2015, 07:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
Has anyone done an option and price compare to say a C300.. I know, the horror but I'm just wondering what one gets and the pricing for the C450 vs. C300.

I know, I know, it's got cop tires and a cop engine, cop suspension and cop shocks and opy 4WD and the cop exhaust..is that all there is for the extra 10K starting gates or are there other features added that one could use to justify to the SO (there's ALWAYS a justification you know) that there is somehow really less than 10K in extra cost - not including the other extras.

Is there some easy feature compare that can be used (I can't seem to find a standard feature compare on the mbusa site that does this) or did someone else create a spreadsheet that summarizes this (you KNOW we do that!)

thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450
Originally Posted by balessi75
Also, coming from an 05' Acura TL, I don't consider the ride harsh at all in any of the driving modes. Very happy so far with balance in handling and ride comfort.

I appreciate the confirmation of my previous post. I was concerned with the firmness of the ride, what with the change in suspension from the C400, but was pleased after a long test drive that the ride was not harsh at all compared to my '08 TL. Of course I only tested the ride in the comfort mode . . . all I'll be able to use with the missus, I'm sure. When I'm on my own, I'll have fun playing with the others (modes, not misses!)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i
No cooled ventilated seats, as advertised.

Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Thanks, I'm glad my posts, along with iwork and viper have helped those on the fence act more decisively on the c450. It really a magnificently built machine, if you're someone who wants something close to a c63 but need the all wheel performance, the 450 is the way to go. It really is fast enough for anyone who drives/lives in/near major metropolitan areas.

Its a great competitor to S4 and the 340xi, however, like many of you guys on this thread, there isnt any comparison when it comes to the styling both exterior and especially interior of the c450, compared to a comparable audi lexus or bmw.

Now to answer the question of perforated seats, unfortunately, the c450 does not come with perf leather seats now does it have the seat cooling option. My sales rep told me there was a problem with the supplier of such parts during the build. It may become available on later models however.

The only option I may have regret not getting would be the sports steering wheel. Other than that i love the pano roof, lighting packing is a huge must and i love everthing about it and the rearview camera is all i need without the entire multimedia package.

Im also somewhat glad I didnt get a chance to add the Night Package plus because it might have been overly done w the high glory black paint. I still the sleeper/luxury sport look rather than the overly aggressive look. Just my opinion. Enjoy!
Thanks, tmoney450amg, for answering my question regarding the perforated leather. It’s a bummer that the seats, in truth, are neither ventilated, nor perforated, as advertised.

I loved the C400 interior styling, including the perforated leather. Being in Atlanta, the idea of having cooled seats sounded very appealing. Then I look at the MBUSA builder and learn that I would discover that they are actually a “necessity”. Ok, I’m sold! Now MB says I can’t have them. What’s up with that? Not ‘cool’ to tease your customers, MB.

So, I passed on the C400 and waited for the C450 because, among other things, I thought the exterior styling with the black, rather than chrome, trim on the C450 would look much better… and it does. Of course, I was also hearing about the better suspension and other upgrades, but I wasn’t expecting a downgrade in comfort. First MB pushes the base price down by making the Burmester sound system an option, instead of being offered as standard, as it was on the C400, and now this – very disappointing! At least one can still pay the extra $s to get decent sound, but it appears that there is nothing one can do about MB taking away the ventilated seats!

There are other things that I’m not crazy about. For example, the wheel options aren’t reallythat great. CarPlay still isn’t available. And I’m not looking for noise, exhaust or otherwise, to be pumped into my cabin. The lack of ventilated seats just may have been the tipping point. I’m not sure because there’s still a LOT to like about this car. The interior is still beautiful and the exterior styling is much improved. And if it handled only as good as the C400, then that’s still pretty darn good. It’s still a very nice car, just now quite as nice, based on what I had been led to expect.

I’ve already sold my primary car in anticipation of buying this one and I’m now driving the family 3rd car. Now, I’ve got to decide whether this puts me back in the waiting game and/or back to looking at other options. I thought I was done with that! Arggghhh!
Attached Thumbnails C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-mbusa-configurator.png  

Last edited by AtlantaGuy; 10-07-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
The vented seat problem is a supply issue, like the surround view. Surround view was suppose to be unavailable until 2016 and it become available last month.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Well, we're off to respec our order this weekend now that we confirmed the car arriving in a few weeks has halogen headlights. I filed a case with MB Customer Care, and while they stated that my next build won't be until Dec for early January delivery due to Diamond white paint, they did sweeten the mix by offering us a significant discount code. That will make the two month wait a little easier. The bonus is now being able to add surround view.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:01 PM

VW
Hello,

New to the board here performing research on the C450 I plan to order early next year.

I've browsed through most of this thread, and I haven't seen clear pictures or details of what the exact differences are between the lighting included with the Premium 2 package and the full lighting package.

If anyone could help explain/show the differences that would be great.

BTW... I'm extremely jealous of all of you guys that have taken delivery already.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:20 PM
mvw

2016 C450 AMG; 2015 Infiniti QX60
Hi all,

First, just wanted to thank everyone for the insight I've been able to get from reviewing this board over the past few months. Coming from a 2013 BMW 328xi and was considering the C400 this summer until I saw the views here and learned about the 450.

I just signed papers for a new 450 today. Seems to be the first one in Toronto with black leather instead of artico (optioned with black exterior, premium package, lights package/AHA and the trunk closer). Canadian so I know packages are a bit weird.

Pick it up tomorrow and super excited. I liked the 328 but the interior felt real cheap even compared to my wife's QX60 and the engine, while relatively quick, puttered like a diesel and is a bit too laggy.

Anyone have pointers for getting up the learning curve on MB tech and buttons and stuff coming from a bmw? BMW nav was terrible (once sent me 20 km away from a rural address and wouldn't be able to find maybe 10-15% of entries), so hoping this one is better.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by provenflipper
Hello,

New to the board here performing research on the C450 I plan to order early next year.

I've browsed through most of this thread, and I haven't seen clear pictures or details of what the exact differences are between the lighting included with the Premium 2 package and the full lighting package.

If anyone could help explain/show the differences that would be great.

BTW... I'm extremely jealous of all of you guys that have taken delivery already.
Go to post 999 by ViperShade in this thread. You'll see the differences between the lighting packages.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:23 PM

C450
Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy
Thanks, tmoney450amg, for answering my question regarding the perforated leather. It’s a bummer that the seats, in truth, are neither ventilated, nor perforated, as advertised.

I loved the C400 interior styling, including the perforated leather. Being in Atlanta, the idea of having cooled seats sounded very appealing. Then I look at the MBUSA builder and learn that I would discover that they are actually a “necessity”. Ok, I’m sold! Now MB says I can’t have them. What’s up with that? Not ‘cool’ to tease your customers, MB.

So, I passed on the C400 and waited for the C450 because, among other things, I thought the exterior styling with the black, rather than chrome, trim on the C450 would look much better… and it does. Of course, I was also hearing about the better suspension and other upgrades, but I wasn’t expecting a downgrade in comfort. First MB pushes the base price down by making the Burmester sound system an option, instead of being offered as standard, as it was on the C400, and now this – very disappointing! At least one can still pay the extra $s to get decent sound, but it appears that there is nothing one can do about MB taking away the ventilated seats!

There are other things that I’m not crazy about. For example, the wheel options aren’t reallythat great. CarPlay still isn’t available. And I’m not looking for noise, exhaust or otherwise, to be pumped into my cabin. The lack of ventilated seats just may have been the tipping point. I’m not sure because there’s still a LOT to like about this car. The interior is still beautiful and the exterior styling is much improved. And if it handled only as good as the C400, then that’s still pretty darn good. It’s still a very nice car, just now quite as nice, based on what I had been led to expect.

I’ve already sold my primary car in anticipation of buying this one and I’m now driving the family 3rd car. Now, I’ve got to decide whether this puts me back in the waiting game and/or back to looking at other options. I thought I was done with that! Arggghhh!

I really do share your frustration. I ordered the leather interior fully expecting that the seats would be both perforated and ventilated. Add to that the uncertainty of the website indicating that the surround sound system was standard as it was on the 400, I was teetering on the edge of giving up the 450 and waiting until the Jag XE came out next year and giving that a try. But after the test drive, I decided to stay with the Merc., concluding, I suppose, that no car is ever going to be perfect.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:26 PM
mvw

2016 C450 AMG; 2015 Infiniti QX60
I can't get enough of the interior. I know people talk about Audis for their interiors but they never really did it for me. The C series puts all of its competitors to shame.

Will try to take pics when I get the car. At this point all I have are some crappy showroom iphone pics with tons of glare.

Last edited by mvw; 10-08-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:26 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Thanks for all of the feedback re: the Multimedia Package, I have decided to add it to my build based on the unanimous vote that it is worth the cost - I don't want to regret not ordering it after the fact, especially considering it's not really a massive cost. I've got plenty of time to decide if I want to keep the carbon fiber interior for $1300 or remove it to offset some cost, as I will not be placing my order until I pay off my only existing debt (school loans) prior to placing my order. Based on my financial model, that should be around late Q1/early Q2 of 2016. The girlfriend really likes the CF interior, so I might just have to suck it up on the cost...who knows

Originally Posted by mvw
Hi all,

First, just wanted to thank everyone for the insight I've been able to get from reviewing this board over the past few months. Coming from a 2013 BMW 328xi and was considering the C400 this summer until I saw the views here and learned about the 450.

I just signed papers for a new 450 today. Seems to be the first one in Toronto with black leather instead of artico (optioned with black exterior, premium package, lights package/AHA and the trunk closer). Canadian so I know packages are a bit weird.

Pick it up tomorrow and super excited. I liked the 328 but the interior felt real cheap even compared to my wife's QX60 and the engine, while relatively quick, puttered like a diesel and is a bit too laggy.

Anyone have pointers for getting up the learning curve on MB tech and buttons and stuff coming from a bmw? BMW nav was terrible (once sent me 20 km away from a rural address and wouldn't be able to find maybe 10-15% of entries), so hoping this one is better.
Here are the lighting differences from Page 7

Old 10-07-2015, 10:27 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Congrats!!! And welcome to the club! ....do you love it or do you LOVE it!!!??

Oh and...pictures or it didn't happen! J/k......sorta....lol

Thanks tmoney....LOVIN it!!!

a lot of tech in this car to explore, especially after driving an 05' for 10 yrs. just tried out the mbrace app with autostart and all..pretty impressive!
Old 10-07-2015, 10:36 PM

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
C450 AMG

Just picked mine up. Shout out from the Midwest, Black with 19s...coming from a 400whp Evo 9 it sure is a change....one that I am liking though!

I already debadged it and will be getting tint tomorrow morning. Anyone throw straight pipes on these things yet? Thinking a Tune and Meisterschaft exhaust (spelling?) is in the works...

Last edited by sliqdaddy91; 10-07-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Well, we're off to respec our order this weekend now that we confirmed the car arriving in a few weeks has halogen headlights. I filed a case with MB Customer Care, and while they stated that my next build won't be until Dec for early January delivery due to Diamond white paint, they did sweeten the mix by offering us a significant discount code. That will make the two month wait a little easier. The bonus is now being able to add surround view.
That's cool that they threw you something... that halogen light thing sucks. Surround view is worth at least a month delay... and if your build gets bumped up a few weeks, you'll be ahead of where you are (when you take into account the bonus). Good luck man.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:43 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by Vipershade
I think that is definitely the key question... Can anyone help answer that?
Sorry, I have been out of pocket. It has been a little insane at work.

Yes, the HUD works with the SD Garmin Map Pilot. The only thing that I have not noticed was the speed limit on the road. I may need to hit a highway for that portion to activate. My current setting has my speed and any navigation instructions.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91

Just picked mine up. Shout out from the Midwest, Black with 19s...coming from a 400whp Evo 9 it sure is a change....one that I am liking though!

I already debadged it and will be getting tint tomorrow morning. Anyone throw straight pipes on these things yet? Thinking a Tune and Meisterschaft exhaust (spelling?) is in the works...
Congratulations! and welcome!

I'll probably wait to see the reviews on the aftermarket stuff.

My first "mode" (which is actually not a mode at all) will be surround view.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:49 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Alright, you've convinced me...so now you guys owe me ~$2100, PM me for the address and name to make the check payable to. Thanks

Joking aside, my biggest issue with the steady stream of add-ons is that I know a car is a terrible investment (considering I work in Finance and am an avid investor, and a car is pretty much the worst investment possible)...so, I'm trying to limit the damage. That said, I've wanted a nice car as long as I can remember and now that I'm about 5 years out of school (where I've worked my *** off) and making 6 figures, I can comfortably afford it but I still feel like I'm stretching myself...just because I know of the "you should only spend 20% of your salary on a car" and "you should only buy a car you can pay cash for" rules. So, I'm trying to pinch pennies where I can. The kicker is that I could much more easily afford a CLA or a C300; however, I don't want a CLA or a C300 because I'd rather just drive my current car that's paid in cash for from college rather than have a payment on a car I "kind of want". Ya know? The upgrades to the C450 that I have approved just keep adding up...$2K for the Multimedia Package on a 5 year loan is really nothing when looked at monthly, but considering I've already approved so many other upgrades ($1300 for Carbon Fiber Trim, $900 for 19" wheels, $800 for the dynamic lights, $1480 for the panorama roof, $2150 for the Premium 2 package) it's adding up to a lot, very quickly. If I was making $200K I wouldn't have a care in the world and I'd probably being building a $75K C450, but for now I'm trying to keep it to around $63K.
I have no problems with the Garmin Map Pilot and prefer the $2100 in my wallet. I did not want the larger iPad, the hard drive, or Gracienote. I am keeping this bad boy for a long time so I could careless about the resale ... I plan on driving this guy into the grave after 200K miles
Old 10-07-2015, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by iwork4wine
Sorry, I have been out of pocket. It has been a little insane at work.

Yes, the HUD works with the SD Garmin Map Pilot. The only thing that I have not noticed was the speed limit on the road. I may need to hit a highway for that portion to activate. My current setting has my speed and any navigation instructions.
Good info...thx man

Yeah, I wonder if the HUD / SD Garmin Map Pilot combo is effecting the HUD speed limit display. You would think that the speed limit information would have to be available.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:56 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
That's cool that they threw you something... that halogen light thing sucks. Surround view is worth at least a month delay... and if your build gets bumped up a few weeks, you'll be ahead of where you are (when you take into account the bonus). Good luck man.
The surround view would have been nice. sorry about the delay but it sounds like M-B sweetened the pot.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:59 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Good info...thx man

Yeah, I wonder if the HUD / SD Garmin Map Pilot combo is effecting the HUD speed limit display. You would think that the speed limit information would have to be available.
It is what it is. I am sure I will be well over the posted limited anyhow once I break 1K miles. We could use that surround view to keep an eye on the pesky police.

I am not sure what is involved but I am wondering once the SV is available on the C450 if it could be swapped out with the RV camera. I am sure it would be an expensive option but maybe worth it.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:08 PM

Shopping 2019 GLC 63s
Originally Posted by iwork4wine
I have no problems with the Garmin Map Pilot and prefer the $2100 in my wallet. I did not want the larger iPad, the hard drive, or Gracienote. I am keeping this bad boy for a long time so I could careless about the resale ... I plan on driving this guy into the grave after 200K miles
I am sure the multimedia package is a wonderful package. It is also true that if you are spending $60K+ for a car you should not skimp. The MM was just not right choice for me along with the pano roof.

Last edited by iwork4wine; 10-07-2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-07-2015, 11:21 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91

Congrats! I'm damn jealous of those beautiful wheels! thinking I should have gotten those 19"s...stayed with the all season 18" design because I need the c450 as a daily driver in the winter.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:06 AM

2016 C450 (no code 165 option..)
Hello all, I see talk of tunes but have not found one myself, would love to do one as well as exhaust and the car could use to be a bit lower. Any advice appreciated.

I got mine loaded with the exception of.
Multimedia - personally do not see the need and agree with others on smaller screen
Perfume... Nuf said
Pano roof - I never open them, save that weight, add some rigidity
Hud - Did not see the value for what I use the car for

Black/Cranberry. 19" multi spoke
I like the carbon bits, worth it in my opinion. Steering wheel is deluxe

I bought this as a commuter car, drive it about 26 miles a day, occasionally on the weekend.
Fun dive and enjoy it, is a great car. Front wheel/fender lip spacing is close, rear needs 10 mil or so.

Hoping for a solid tune that delivers good power and in a perfect world driving mode default, exhast for a bit more visceral sound (i have not experienced drone). 20-25 mil lower.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:50 AM

Mercedes C450 AMG
My C450 has finally arrived

I ordered my C450 back in June and it is finally at the dealership. I take ownership tomorrow and my dealer was kind enough to send me some pictures ahead of time. Can't wait to drive this bad *** machine.

Polar white, 19" black wheels, carbon fiber side mirrors and spoiler, AMG steering wheel, AMG performance seats, Designo saddle brown.
Attached Thumbnails C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_0581.jpg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_0582.jpg   C450 AMG Sport discussion only.-img_0583.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.