C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Yeah complete nonsense. ive worked hard to try to get this taken care of. they have made calls, and no go.

i am pretty shocked at the low numbers of brown designo seats that i have seen on the inventory throughout the country. plenty of the platinum/black seats, but few brown.

i am thinking about cracking all the wood on the car and complaining its defective. have them order ash replacements and install at the dealer.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
It shouldn't be that tricky to install the ash wood inserts post delivery. The option is 300€ in our European configuration so shouldn't be that expensive
Old 10-29-2015, 05:51 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Originally Posted by Vipershade
I haven't really tried to push a start yet (still have a few hundred miles to put on), I'll talk to my AMG contact and get the optimal settings.
Same here...it's been a month and I just crossed the 700 mile mark this past weekend when I drove the car to Manhattan for my anniversary weekend. I DID NOT valet the car..I was lucky enough to find a parking space in btw a no park zone and a hydrant so I was the lone car in that part of the street. However..it did rain like crazy and I will need a full wash, clay, polish and wax this weekend or next.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:52 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
That might be what i end up doing. we will see how the linden wood looks.

I can see the clear coat on it getting scratched, finger prints, etc. even wiping it off with a rag i feel would put a scratch in it.

Maybe my detail guy can put a gtechniq crystal serum coating on it to protect it when he does the whole car.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:54 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Same here...it's been a month and I just crossed the 700 mile mark this past weekend when I drove the car to Manhattan for my anniversary weekend. I DID NOT valet the car..I was lucky enough to find a parking space in btw a no park zone and a hydrant so I was the lone car in that part of the street. However..it did rain like crazy and I will need a full wash, clay, polish and wax this weekend or next.

Find a detailer in your area that is trained in this product.

http://usa.gtechniq.com/products/aut.../crystal-serum

full car, wheels, etc. everything slides right off. no waxing, polish, etc for years.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
sounds like a great way to add some paint protection. I'm looking at applying the CS Black application, 7 year protection sounds enticing
Old 10-29-2015, 07:21 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
sounds like a great way to add some paint protection. I'm looking at applying the CS Black application, 7 year protection sounds enticing
I applied a coating by chemical guys on my current Audi after I ordered the c450 to see how it was. It is difficult to apply as a novice. It's crazy to watch the rain slide off the car. And it's been on for a month now and it's perfect

So I found a place to do it for me. Not cheap, $1,300 for car and wheels but it's truly amazing how it works. They are going to do a new car delivery where it polishes the paint to perfection and then will cost the car. Well worth it
Old 10-29-2015, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by Brutus2015
I ordered a c450 from my dealer in orlando. polar white with the brown designo seats.

I ordered it with the natural black ash wood as shown on the mbusa build site.

The dealer came back and said the only way to get that color combo was if i ordered the racing seats as well.

anyone else have this issue? quite nonsense if you ask me. i had to order it with the linden wood instead. but i think it looks better with the ash.
Did you try that combo on the German site (http://www.mercedes-benz.de/) configurator? I remember at least one combination that was not allowed, and verified that it wasn't allowed on the order system.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Find a detailer in your area that is trained in this product.

http://usa.gtechniq.com/products/aut.../crystal-serum

full car, wheels, etc. everything slides right off. no waxing, polish, etc for years.
I clicked on the link and found a center about an hour away who applies this. WOW, I can't afford to have it applied, that's for sure. $3800 US! It may be the best stuff on the planet, but it's out of my realm of affordability.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:06 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
That might be what i end up doing. we will see how the linden wood looks.

I can see the clear coat on it getting scratched, finger prints, etc. even wiping it off with a rag i feel would put a scratch in it.

Maybe my detail guy can put a gtechniq crystal serum coating on it to protect it when he does the whole car.
https://youtu.be/gjembTVdAZ4

Check this MotoMan review out, he raves about this color combination near the end of the video and you get a lot of really clean shots of how the interior looks. It is beautiful.

After months of debating whether I wanted black with red stitching or cranberry leather, and which color of carbon fiber to get, I saw this video and decided that without a doubt the brown Nappa and Linden wood is the best combination.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust

Check this MotoMan review out, he raves about this color combination near the end of the video and you get a lot of really clean shots of how the interior looks. It is beautiful.

After months of debating whether I wanted black with red stitching or cranberry leather, and which color of carbon fiber to get, I saw this video and decided that without a doubt the brown Nappa and Linden wood is the best combination.
Not a motoman fan, but I agree with you 100%. If you're going with the brown interior, then the linden wood is the way to go. In fact, I think there are several seat/trim combos that go particularly well together. For MB Tech, I like the open poor black ash because both have a dull/matte finish. For the white seats, it would b the silver carbon. For the black with red stitching, it would be the black carbon. For cranberry, go with the black ash. There's a reason they show these seat/trim combinations together in the brochures.

If I were bold enough, I might go with the brown and linden wood myself, but if I decide to go with the C450, it will probably be the black with red stitching and carbon trim, or the black ash trim. I'm afraid I may tire of the diagonal pattern that comes with the brown leather. As for the trim with the black/red seats, carbon looks better on the console, but I like the black ash over the aluminum in the door inserts. And while the carbon will look better, that's only if it's kept free of scratches and fingerprints.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:53 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
The Infamous C450
I changed my build a few weeks back and went from the platinum designo/black ash to the saddle brown/linden wood for a few reasons.
I test drove a 450 that had the platinum designo and although I liked it, I was skeptical of the color from jeans, I tend to wear often, transferring onto the bright white leather. I sat inside an S class that had saddle brown/linden wood and I was sold. I wish I could've kept the silver seatbelts but its not allowed with the saddle brown interior. I'm not too worried with scratches on linden wood because I know how I am with my cars and although the scratches will definitely happen they'll most likely be superficial and occur over a long period of time.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:40 AM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350

the video was on ford trucks.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:46 AM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Originally Posted by *Knowledge*
I changed my build a few weeks back and went from the platinum designo/black ash to the saddle brown/linden wood for a few reasons.
I test drove a 450 that had the platinum designo and although I liked it, I was skeptical of the color from jeans, I tend to wear often, transferring onto the bright white leather. I sat inside an S class that had saddle brown/linden wood and I was sold. I wish I could've kept the silver seatbelts but its not allowed with the saddle brown interior. I'm not too worried with scratches on linden wood because I know how I am with my cars and although the scratches will definitely happen they'll most likely be superficial and occur over a long period of time.
Yes, the jean issue is why i was going to dark seats. i have light seats in my audi now and they turn blue all the time. Im sure you can order the silver seatbelts and replace them at the dealer. im sure the linden wood will be fine. i just felt it looked better online with the ash. but december 10th cant get here fast enough.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:32 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450
Yes, the jean issue is why i was going to dark seats. i have light seats in my audi now and they turn blue all the time. Im sure you can order the silver seatbelts and replace them at the dealer. im sure the linden wood will be fine. i just felt it looked better online with the ash. but december 10th cant get here fast enough.
I have the linden wood and it does't look anything like the online photo.It is much darker and the grain does't look like it was fake like in the online photo.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
the video was on ford trucks.
Christ, I was on my phone when posting and the link must not have copied correctly. Apologies, here is the proper link - I believe he starts to gush about the interior around the 11 minute mark.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:39 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
Christ, I was on my phone when posting and the link must not have copied correctly. Apologies, here is the proper link - I believe he starts to gush about the interior around the 11 minute mark.

2016 Mercedes Benz C450 AMG Sport FIRST DRIVE REVIEW - YouTube
awesome. thanks for that. the wood does look good.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
Originally Posted by oldman&theC
I have the linden wood and it does't look anything like the online photo.It is much darker and the grain does't look like it was fake like in the online photo.

totally agree with this.. the LW in the user guide and online looks much LIGHTER than it actually is. the color is much closer to the traditional mercedes wood brown color.. I prefer it. One can see the grain, vertically up and down on the waterfall center consoler, it looks really nice
Old 10-30-2015, 02:16 PM

So, we just managed to get a test drive in last week. Here’s my brief summary.

It has a lot of NICE power. As others have stated, it’s not crazy lift-off power like the C63 (which I’ve driven 3-4 times, once at the AMG race weekend) but it is a lot of QUALITY power. I didn’t want to stomp on a lot car, but get a tad moving and then nicely forcing the go peddle down it really leaps forward. I could imagine it being even better with a fully broken in vehicle.

The dynamic settings really change the profile of the car. While I like the firmness of the steering on sport or sport+, the comfort AND eco modes are nice for a less adventurous driver who prefers the more easy going mercedes ride, throttle response and steering feel.

The exhaust note is fun and sporty..while I like it, others don’t. Possibly especially the SO.. the good thing is, in Comfort and even Sport to an extent it’s really NOT the obnoxious or even noticeable inside the cabin. I didn’t really here the difference between sport and sport+ as to the interior sound being piped through. Maybe that setting wasn’t setup properly, maybe I just couldn’t tell the difference or the excitement of the car was distracting me - that DEFINITELY could be a possibility.

As with other 2015+ C class models, the interior really IS a step up from years of old. It’s quite a bit nicer than say the E class of today. But, we know now that the new E 2017+ is going to basically be a blend between this C upgrades and the elements taken from the S.

Overall, this is DEFINITELY the model w’re looking to get. Having started thinking about an E, then looking at the new C, now this thing comes along with much more performance than the C300 and for only about 7-8K more than a C300 (not including the extra for the FWD which originally we weren’t really looking at) I’m starting to option it up - and it gets UP pretty quickly.

One last point. many sales people don’t really know too much about this car, even with many on the lot and having had them in place for probably about a month. One salesperson at a dealership said, there was a base and a sport model. If I wanted the more aggressive front bumper and the rear diffuser, I had to upgrade to the sport package which added things like the Premium 1 package, etc.. Obviously, with the C450 this is just flat wrong.

I won’t go into more details, but just don’t expect perfect answers from some sales people at this point.

So, I have a couple questions for the forum which I’m stuck on.

Wheels: I really like the 19” AMG Multi-Spoke with the black’d out black backgrounds. I think it will look really good on a dark or Blue car..DOES ANYONE have any experience with these as far as ride feel and handling goes? I think the car we tried had the stock 18” five spoke, and the ride was fine/great, not too harsh. Historically, moving up to even just 19” wheels (like on the C350 of years past) I find the ride a bit firm. Maybe this new dynamic suspension (at least in comfort) and filter some of that out.

Pros/Cons?

I’m leaning towards the Black MB-TEX with the red piping. NOT the leather. Trying to save a tad and having really only done the MB-TEX since about 2009. Are there any problems with the recent versions of MB-TEX? Some said something about bleeding, peeling? Is that corrected?

Has anyone had a rear sunshade in the past couple years? Or on this car? do they work better these days? I must have had our repaired/replaced three times on a 2005, and 2009 C class. I always like it for rear seat passengers and for tailgaters but hate paying and having it simply not work.

This is what I’m looking at

C450
LB or Steel Grey
Linden Wood Interior
19” Multi-spoke wheels with Black
Lighting package
Mulit-media
Premium 2 - Lighting / Burmeister
Heated Seats
Parking Assist with Surround View and Front and Rear parking sensors
Standard m-brace

comes to about 59.500$ before Transport and TTL..

What sort of additional discount are people finding in the marketplace? Seems 5% off retail seems reasonable, some higher. I have about 9 dealers within about 40 miles of us and don’t really care where I buy it.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:27 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
i am a USAA member and i got $2,000 off. also, if you are a Mercedes benz club of america member, that gets you an additional $500 off.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:39 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
the one thing i wasnt took fond of on the black wheels, is that its a really shinny black. they somewhat look like they were painted aftermarket with some spray paint. i changed my order to the titanium as the black wasnt what it appeared online.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:20 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63S
i am a USAA member and i got $2,000 off. also, if you are a Mercedes benz club of america member, that gets you an additional $500 off.

I got a $2,000 rebate applied because I am a United freq flier with elite status. I had zero trouble getting it applied to the 2016 C450. Overall I ended up with a nearly 9% discount from MSRP, the United discount helped get me there.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:23 PM

2018 E63S
Originally Posted by tivoboy

Wheels: I really like the 19” AMG Multi-Spoke with the black’d out black backgrounds. I think it will look really good on a dark or Blue car..DOES ANYONE have any experience with these as far as ride feel and handling goes? I think the car we tried had the stock 18” five spoke, and the ride was fine/great, not too harsh. Historically, moving up to even just 19” wheels (like on the C350 of years past) I find the ride a bit firm. Maybe this new dynamic suspension (at least in comfort) and filter some of that out.

Pros/Cons?
I got the 19" AMG wheels. The ride is firm. I have silver iridium and the black AMG wheels, my car looks identical to the one in the review posted earlier from MotoMan.

Be warned: M-B is shipping the 19" wheels with summer tires. The grip is outstanding but if, like me, you're in a snowier climate, you're going to have to get winter tires. If you want winter, good luck finding anything runflat in 19", there's the Pirelli Sottozero Serie II 225/40R19 runflat and they were late into production and won't be available until Dec I'm told. Alternative is to go to 18" wheels and 18" winter tires, much easier, but the ET33mm on the front wheels of the C450 is ultra challenging, not many wheels out there fit.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bibenstein
I got a $2,000 rebate applied because I am a United freq flier with elite status. I had zero trouble getting it applied to the 2016 C450. Overall I ended up with a nearly 9% discount from MSRP, the United discount helped get me there.

I've seen this and I'm a MP 1K. when I use the link through truecar (which is what MP sends) it's not that good. did you go through that link? Or just present your MP information at purchase/negotiation? I think the MP discount is akin to the fleet discount or company negotiated discount and so should usually be ONTOP of any discount.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:54 PM

2018 E63S
Originally Posted by tivoboy
I've seen this and I'm a MP 1K. when I use the link through truecar (which is what MP sends) it's not that good. did you go through that link? Or just present your MP information at purchase/negotiation? I think the MP discount is akin to the fleet discount or company negotiated discount and so should usually be ONTOP of any discount.
I go:

* United.com ->
* Mileageplus Menu -> Premier Benefits & more
* Mercedes Benz Incentives for Premier Members
* Get Started
* Sign in or connect. If you login on United.com first just "Connect"
* Find a New Mercedes Benz
* Make sure you have the 2016 model selected, the default is the 2015 everything

With a bit of fiddling you'll get it to show the 2016 C450 and $2,000 incentive. Once you get that, don't worry about the options or anything, the dealer only cares about the code. You'll get a PDF, save it, print a copy for your dealer, rest is easy peasy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.