C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C450
One thing I will be curious of is how long will the summer run flats last>? People with C300s are only getting in some cases 5000-8000 miles out of their tires with conservative driving. I thought this was the case with the AMG C63s cars only. My friend had to change his tires every 6,000 miles with an E63S. That would be very disappointing. I talked to a SA and he said I should expect 12-15K out of the tires, because of the way the suspension and weight is of the car.

That's disappointing. On my bmw i got almost 28K out of michelin PSS driving and with a couple of track days put on.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:45 PM

2016 C450
Question: do the rear headrests obstruct the rear window visibility? Can the headrests be removed or folded down?
Old 10-28-2015, 06:39 PM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
In know well the iridium as this was the color of the c class I tested. My question was about palladium Conor outdoor (day light) as I have to chose between these 2 best colors IMo
Old 10-28-2015, 06:56 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by Bourne
In know well the iridium as this was the color of the c class I tested. My question was about palladium Conor outdoor (day light) as I have to chose between these 2 best colors IMo
pull up this link: the first picture that comes up to the left is the best picture i could find..

https://www.google.com/search?q=merc...FcN5JgodyQsKaA
Old 10-28-2015, 08:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by willywonka
Did it arrive with the front plate bracket, or was that installed by dealer?
Hawaii requires a front plate bracket however I ordered a metal black frame with the mb star and will just rock that until a police offer tells me otherwise. Car is at the tint shop getting ceramic tint. Will try get some more pics up by tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C450
I see. yea i got a tow hook plate frame. Just curious.

Do you have the parking sensors package?
Yes. Parking, Driver's assist, leather, Multimedia.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:04 PM

C450
Question: do the rear headrests obstruct the rear window visibility? Can the headrests be removed or folded down?
After a few miles I thought, 'gee, all 3 of those are right in my line of sight out the rear window.' After I got back there and pushed them all down it was fine.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:36 AM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
Good luck with that. The only thing that turned me off about VR was that in some thread, the company mentioned that it was tested for 4-6 weeks. That seemed like a very short time for me.
I have high hopes. Realistically the car has only been out for about that long I wouldn't expect them to have had 6 months of testing. They say all tweaks stay within the safety parameters of the car so we shouldn't have to worry about the turbos blowing or anything. The beautiful thing here is it's a piggy back so if something doesn't feel right you can remove it and bring the car back to factory settings. The numbers they are stating are impressive though. :/
Old 10-29-2015, 12:42 AM

C450 AMG, E55 AMG
C450 Vibration Sounds

I just test drove a C450 today with 19 inch wheels in Sport + mode. When hitting the gas more aggressively but nothing crazy, everyone in the car heard vibrations coming from the passenger back left window area. When the exhaust would kick in it sounded like a piece of paper was hitting against an object hundreds of times a second. The sound was sort of high pitch. At first the salesman claimed it was the MSRP sticker and floor mat cover. We took both of those off the car and the problem was still there. When he held down the rear window manual blind the problem seemed to lesson by a bit. The dealer is in the process of locating and fixing the problem before I commit to buying.

Otherwise, the car was awesome and sounded like a rocket. Exhaust sounded was somewhat loud compared to the C400. Even in eco mode the car wasn't as quiet as I expected.

Does anyone else notice the vibration sounds?
Old 10-29-2015, 03:03 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by mbrocker
I just test drove a C450 today with 19 inch wheels in Sport + mode. When hitting the gas more aggressively but nothing crazy, everyone in the car heard vibrations coming from the passenger back left window area. When the exhaust would kick in it sounded like a piece of paper was hitting against an object hundreds of times a second. The sound was sort of high pitch. At first the salesman claimed it was the MSRP sticker and floor mat cover. We took both of those off the car and the problem was still there. When he held down the rear window manual blind the problem seemed to lesson by a bit. The dealer is in the process of locating and fixing the problem before I commit to buying.

Otherwise, the car was awesome and sounded like a rocket. Exhaust sounded was somewhat loud compared to the C400. Even in eco mode the car wasn't as quiet as I expected.

Does anyone else notice the vibration sounds?
Are you sure that wasn't the fake exhaust sounds worked in when you let out the gas?
Old 10-29-2015, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
^^ Can that be turned off? Not sure I'll like it. Seems like you should be able to just unplug it.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:38 AM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
pull up this link: the first picture that comes up to the left is the best picture i could find..

https://www.google.com/search?q=merc...FcN5JgodyQsKaA
Many thanks !! I think the iridium goes better to this model especially with panoramic roof which gives a black color touch to the light iridium.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:32 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
My C450 will be ready in a week or so. Having always been a BMW guy (this is my first Mercedes) I must admit there are a few times I wonder if I made the right decision, so, at the insistence of my BMW dealer, I went and test the new BMW 340xi yesterday. Here are my impressions. The 340xi is STUPIDLY FAST! 320hp my ****! Is it faster than the C450? I have no idea, but it doesn't matter, both of these cars are way faster than I need for a daily driver. The exhaust has a really nice, classic, straight six howl at wide open throttle, but otherwise, it's too quiet and tame for me, and it is missing that pop pop you get from the C450. The steering was superb, even though I've read a few reviews that criticize the steering. The HUD was also very nice, but I wasn't impressed with the Harmon Kardon sound system. The biggest negative for me though, was the interior. The interior of the BMW is one of the main reason why I made the switch to the C450, the interior is just so dated! It's like 10 years behind the C450, I just couldn't do it with that BMW interior. The seats were comfortable, and I like the traditional gear shifter and old school hand brake, but otherwise, the design is too retro for me, and doesn't look like much of an upgrade over my last E90 335i. All in all, it's still a nice car, but I am now even more happy with my decision, and looking forward to my first Mercedes
Old 10-29-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by autopal
My C450 will be ready in a week or so. Having always been a BMW guy (this is my first Mercedes) I must admit there are a few times I wonder if I made the right decision, so, at the insistence of my BMW dealer, I went and test the new BMW 340xi yesterday. Here are my impressions. The 340xi is STUPIDLY FAST! 320hp my ****! Is it faster than the C450? I have no idea, but it doesn't matter, both of these cars are way faster than I need for a daily driver. The exhaust has a really nice, classic, straight six howl at wide open throttle, but otherwise, it's too quiet and tame for me, and it is missing that pop pop you get from the C450. The steering was superb, even though I've read a few reviews that criticize the steering. The HUD was also very nice, but I wasn't impressed with the Harmon Kardon sound system. The biggest negative for me though, was the interior. The interior of the BMW is one of the main reason why I made the switch to the C450, the interior is just so dated! It's like 10 years behind the C450, I just couldn't do it with that BMW interior. The seats were comfortable, and I like the traditional gear shifter and old school hand brake, but otherwise, the design is too retro for me, and doesn't look like much of an upgrade over my last E90 335i. All in all, it's still a nice car, but I am now even more happy with my decision, and looking forward to my first Mercedes
While the 3 series interior is explicitly Teutonic and very driver oriented, it's also quite dry looking. I have to wonder when if ever are they going to give up their tired, old gauges set up. I'm not saying it needs to be digital but it is long in the tooth.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
While the 3 series interior is explicitly Teutonic and very driver oriented, it's also quite dry looking. I have to wonder when if ever are they going to give up their tired, old gauges set up. I'm not saying it needs to be digital but it is long in the tooth.
It's interesting how the tables have turned. For the longest time, everyone touted BMW as the standard in interiors all the others should aspire to. No one thought MB would not only catch up, but surpass BMW, but then did and by miles, not just inches.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:05 PM
mvw

2016 C450 AMG; 2015 Infiniti QX60
Originally Posted by autopal
Never drove the 340 and coming from a 328, but I had exactly the same motivation for shifting over to the Mercedes (and got out of my lease to do it). The interior on the BMW feels like an entry level driver, given all of the improvements going on in the bottom end of the market. Feels old and tired and way too much cheap plastic. My wife's infiniti SUV felt way more luxurious than my BMW, whose interior was closer in quality to our old minivan than anything else and doesn't distinguish on quality from mainline brands like Honda and Volkswagen. In the mercedes everything is soft touch, great stitching details on seats, dash and doors, and the interior design is years ahead.

I've also been told to look at Audi for interiors, but I've never really understood that. They all seem very basic, vanilla, uninspiring and tired, and I hate the look of the seats and all the plastic. Loving spending time in the 450.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:39 PM

C450 AMG, E55 AMG
Are you sure that wasn't the fake exhaust sounds worked in when you let out the gas?
The exhaust sounded quite nice fake or not, but the vibration humming doesn't sound normal. I will have to test drive another C450 to see and possibly record the sound.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:40 PM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Before deciding for the C450 amg I tested several cars including the BMW 340, jaguar XES and Audi S3 and RS3. The Bmw is good but as you mention the interior is too strict and outdated. I have a Bmw of 1999 and it looks almost the same than the newer ones...
The RS 3 and C450 are by far the best. The XES is a great new car but some materials in the interior are lowball. It is though the most funny to drive with the rs3.
The C450 is the best trade off between sport and comfort (the only competitor would be the S4 or a Porsche which would be much more expensive).
@autopal the 340 is fast but nothing to do with the C450. The Mercedes has more torque and is more fun to drive. Exhaust of the 450 is also much louder and sporty.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:44 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by mvw
Never drove the 340 and coming from a 328, but I had exactly the same motivation for shifting over to the Mercedes (and got out of my lease to do it). The interior on the BMW feels like an entry level driver, given all of the improvements going on in the bottom end of the market. Feels old and tired and way too much cheap plastic. My wife's infiniti SUV felt way more luxurious than my BMW, whose interior was closer in quality to our old minivan than anything else and doesn't distinguish on quality from mainline brands like Honda and Volkswagen. In the mercedes everything is soft touch, great stitching details on seats, dash and doors, and the interior design is years ahead.

I've also been told to look at Audi for interiors, but I've never really understood that. They all seem very basic, vanilla, uninspiring and tired, and I hate the look of the seats and all the plastic. Loving spending time in the 450.
Totally agree on the Audi. I drove a MY16 S5 this summer - the handling and responsiveness were as good as the C450, the engine sounded fantastic, a true road machine. But the interior was meh, hasn't changed in years and I've had Audis since 2005 right through til now.

I got my C450 and love it, interior is delicious, the seats are super comfy, it is the shizzazle.

The MSRP on the S5 and the C450 is about the same. Audi has some catchup to do.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:52 PM

A5 Sportback V6 Petrol
Audi is my current car world. Wait for next generation (2016, 2017) of S5/A5 youll see how nice will be the interior with virtual cockpit, HUD and some other stuff. You can already look at the new TTS/RS
This is being said, I'm very happy to move to the C450 and can't wait...
Old 10-29-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Bourne
Audi is my current car world. Wait for next generation (2016, 2017) of S5/A5 youll see how nice will be the interior with virtual cockpit, HUD and some other stuff. You can already look at the new TTS/RS
This is being said, I'm very happy to move to the C450 and can't wait...
Yeah, I heard that and I believe it. My old Audi's lease ended this month, I needed something, originally I was gunning for the MY16 CLA45 with the 380-hp 4-cyl engine but M-B totally dawdled and I got zero information, dealer called me with a great C450 and rest is history.

No regrets but I will definitely be looking at the MY19 S5 when my current lease is up.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:32 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E63S: Former cars 2016 C450, 2013 C350, 2009 C300
Community website

So let me start off by saying I love this forum. It has been my go to for questions before my car came in and love the info we are getting out of it. I have toyed with the idea in my mind about a website that we could go to curate product reviews tips and tricks and community pictures for a while. And I would love to move forward if this is something that people feel passionate about. The idea is to get some moderators together to monitor the site. I was thinking of using either Wordpress or squarespace both of which I have plenty of experience but squarespace maybe easier for people anyways. The idea is to build the site together with information that is important to us so that when someone new comes in they have a place to easily find what they are looking for. Idk... What do y'all think?
Old 10-29-2015, 04:55 PM

2015 G550, 2014 ML350
I ordered a c450 from my dealer in orlando. polar white with the brown designo seats.

I ordered it with the natural black ash wood as shown on the mbusa build site.

The dealer came back and said the only way to get that color combo was if i ordered the racing seats as well.

anyone else have this issue? quite nonsense if you ask me. i had to order it with the linden wood instead. but i think it looks better with the ash.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:56 PM
mvw

2016 C450 AMG; 2015 Infiniti QX60
if it's custom I don't see how that makes sense, since MB seems to allow pretty much anything to be combined for custom orders.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:58 PM

MB C450 (soon)
I have not heard of that issue. However, I love the brown Designo seats and think the linden wood will be a good combo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.