C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C400
Originally Posted by eling23
Nice video! Which version HU do you have? Does your HU say NTG5 or NTG5s1 or NTG5s2?
Good question, I think 🤔 I have the NTG5, but I’m not 100% sure. How do I check the version? I will do it once I have the car back on Thursday.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:44 PM

Mercedes-Benz C400
Nice video! Which version HU do you have? Does your HU say NTG5 or NTG5s1 or NTG5s2?
Thank you & Good question. I think 🤔 I have the NTG5, but I’m not 100% sure. How do I check the version? I will do it once I have the car back on Thursday.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S205
Originally Posted by Whurree
Hi everyone!

I actually just purchased the newest version of this 10.25” unit from Carlife-mall.net. I put together this video to hopefully help anyone like me who purchased the unit accomplish a successful first install with minimum drama, if any. .

https://youtu.be/tdfMICsrc8Y

if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
If you looked at the last version of this unit but decided to wait then, This NEW AMG LIKE ANDROID SCREEN is worth a second look. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Screen Purchased From:
www.carlife-mall.net
[Your satisfaction is their happiness]

Shenzhen,China

KD...
Hello,

I have just install the same screen in my Benz c class.

I spent a couple of hours to handle all the cables, try to place them fine.

He only issue I have is that I thought I should receive an aux. USB cable, like Sentralfry, but I receive a BT adapter, just like you.
however I didn't figure out how to configure it.
I long press the button on the adapter until it quickly flashes, then I try to sync it with my car, as a Bluetooth media device. But my car cannot find the BT adapter.

How do you configure this device ?

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2018, 06:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
soon-to-be 2018 glc43

Thank you & Good question. I think 🤔 I have the NTG5, but I’m not 100% sure. How do I check the version? I will do it once I have the car back on Thursday.
There's a sticker on top of the HU once you pull it out, which sucks because you have the HU back in already. lol. I have the NTG5, which can't use the OBDII to unlock apple car play, thus i'm looking at one of these android screens as an alternative.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:10 PM

Mercedes-Benz C400
I see.... well I have tons of hd video from my install. I may have picked it up in one of those videos. Let me look.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:53 PM

Mercedes-Benz C400
Originally Posted by zippi
Hello,

I have just install the same screen in my Benz c class.

I spent a couple of hours to handle all the cables, try to place them fine.

He only issue I have is that I thought I should receive an aux. USB cable, like Sentralfry, but I receive a BT adapter, just like you.

however I didn't figure out how to configure it.
I long press the button on the adapter until it quickly flashes, then I try to sync it with my car, as a Bluetooth media device. But my car cannot find the BT adapter.

How do you configure this device ?

Thanks!
Check our this video carlife-mall.net sent me. One thing I had to do prior to synchronizing the unit to cars BT was delete all devices that had been previously synced to the car. You may not have to do that, but the unit would not sync for me until I cleared everything.

also this first press is a long press.....

Last edited by Whurree; 09-11-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:16 PM

Mercedes-Benz C400
There's a sticker on top of the HU once you pull it out, which sucks because you have the HU back in already. lol. I have the NTG5, which can't use the OBDII to unlock apple car play, thus i'm looking at one of these android screens as an alternative.
I have the sameone as above. Here is a photo from some of my stock footage. There is an AUX port on the back of our unit. Do you know if it’s possible to active it?

Last edited by Whurree; 09-11-2018 at 11:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
eling23 (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 12:56 AM

soon-to-be 2018 glc43
Yeah the back of my HU looks the same as yours with an empty connection labeled AUX. I emailed one of the dealers asking if it is possible to activate it. They had no clue and only said they could do a firmware up date if mine isn't the latest. This would not solve the issue as activation of the AUX function is different than just updating the firmware. Does anyone know what type male connector fits with the female AUX connector in back of the HU? What connector should i be looking for?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:10 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2015 S205 AMG
Just to fill in, i do not use the Screens bluetooth, only the OEM.
I have turned off the screens Bluetooth, seems like everything works just great for me.
I have the NTG5E
Here is an USB CARPLAY DONGLE, seem that will work just fine
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carl...830724843.html
Old 09-12-2018, 01:13 AM

2015 S205 AMG
Yeah the back of my HU looks the same as yours with an empty connection labeled AUX. I emailed one of the dealers asking if it is possible to activate it. They had no clue and only said they could do a firmware up date if mine isn't the latest. This would not solve the issue as activation of the AUX function is different than just updating the firmware. Does anyone know what type male connector fits with the female AUX connector in back of the HU? What connector should i be looking for?
Here is a picture of the connectors of mine, any help?

Old 09-12-2018, 01:18 AM

2015 S205 AMG
Here are the description of the different connectors

Old 09-12-2018, 04:49 AM

S205

Check our this video carlife-mall.net sent me. One thing I had to do prior to synchronizing the unit to cars BT was delete all devices that had been previously synced to the car. You may not have to do that, but the unit would not sync for me until I cleared everything.

https://youtu.be/Ska9ZgNdlj0

Hello,

​​​​​​It works now, thanks to your tips.

Actually, I did 2 wrong things.
i didn't delete the previous sync BT device and I try to find the BT adapter, but it is the BT adapter which find the car OEM Bluetooth.

But well, I really prefer a hardware connection for linking the screen to the car. As you said on your video, when I watch video, there is a delay between the video and the audio.

I ask to my AliExpress seller (road top) if he can send me a AUX USB cable.

Maybe you can use this cable to, instead of order an auxiliary module from MB?

Anyway, thanks for your help.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:09 AM

S205

https://youtu.be/Ska9ZgNdlj0

Hello,

i didn't delete the previous sync BT device and I try to detect the BT adapter, but it is the BT adapter which detects the car OEM Bluetooth.

But well, I really prefer a hardware connection for linking the screen to the car. As you said on your video, when I watch video, there is a delay between the video and the audio.

PS: Android 7 and above does support multiwindows. Does anybody figure out if multiwindows can work on our screen ?
Imagine, waze is displayed on a half of the screen, and your music apps on the second half...should be tremendous!

Last edited by zippi; 09-12-2018 at 05:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC X253
PS: Android 7 and above does support multiwindows. Does anybody figure out if multiwindows can work on our screen ?
Imagine, waze is displayed on a half of the screen, and your music apps on the second half...should be tremendous!
You have to enable it in the dev settings. Then one change the layout of windows in the recent apps menu ("overview" button that displays the list of recent apps), then each app window has a new button to change its shape.
The default music "app" cannot be put on the side, as it's actually a screen (an activity) of the launcher : it can be displayed on the side, but any click will bring it back in full screen. Another music app would have to be used.
Quick test on my v2:
Old 09-12-2018, 07:50 AM

2015 S205 AMG
If anybody needs a PINCode for their device, for som menues
I have three, 12345678,5678 and 8888

Is there any way to reset the device?

Last edited by sentralfyr; 09-12-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:40 AM

S205
Originally Posted by Sly_North
You have to enable it in the dev settings. Then one change the layout of windows in the recent apps menu ("overview" button that displays the list of recent apps), then each app window has a new button to change its shape.
The default music "app" cannot be put on the side, as it's actually a screen (an activity) of the launcher : it can be displayed on the side, but any click will bring it back in full screen. Another music app would have to be used.
Quick test on my v2:
hello sly_north,

looks terrific, will surely try this evening.
How can I go to the dev settings ?

​​​i see that you are french, so I am. 😁

​​​​​​Another question: the quality of call (with the phone sync with the screen) is horrible. My contact can barely hear me, and the incoming sound quality is bader than the oem phone.

Is it the same from your side, guys?
sentralfyr (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 08:51 AM

S205
Originally Posted by sentralfyr
If anybody needs a PINCode for their device, for som menues
I have three, 12345678,5678 and 8888

Is there any way to reset the device?
Hello sentralfyr,

I didn't see any factory reset in the parameter menu.
However, in one of the hidden menu, I saw a full Chinese interface, with only 2 buttons. Maybe is it there? Cannot help more, I don't read chinese.

sentralfyr (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 09:21 AM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
PS: Android 7 and above does support multiwindows.
Just remember this isn't a true Android 7 device. Its an Android 6 device which has the buildprop modified to make it look like 7.So features like multi windows is the dev version from 6, not the full version from 7.
sentralfyr (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 10:43 AM

S205
Originally Posted by 400ixl
Just remember this isn't a true Android 7 device. Its an Android 6 device which has the buildprop modified to make it look like 7.So features like multi windows is the dev version from 6, not the full version from 7.
Interesting information, thanks.

​​​​​
Old 09-12-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC X253
looks terrific, will surely try this evening.
How can I go to the dev settings ?
Open the Android Settings, scroll to the end and open About, look for the sub-menu containing software information, and click 5 times on "Build number". Then in the main setting menu, there's a "Dev" sub-menu above the About.
In that menu, you'll find tons and tons of settings, one of which is "Multi window support" to enable the split windows.
Here's a short video on a phone:
Old 09-12-2018, 01:03 PM

soon-to-be 2018 glc43
Hello,

​​I ask to my AliExpress seller (road top) if he can send me a AUX USB cable.
It looks like the unit from Road top on Aliexpress is the same from car-life. Has the seller from Roadtop been helpful in any troubleshooting? and will they help with the firmware update once they figure out the BT audio delay issue? I’m just deciding to order it from them or car-life.

anywys great info from everyone, extremely helpful
Old 09-12-2018, 02:05 PM

Mercedes-Benz C400
Hello,

i didn't delete the previous sync BT device and I try to detect the BT adapter, but it is the BT adapter which detects the car OEM Bluetooth.

No problem and please keep me in the loop for that hardware connection. The connection is fine with I’m streaming music, but I really want to watch video.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:12 PM

S205

It looks like the unit from Road top on Aliexpress is the same from car-life. Has the seller from Roadtop been helpful in any troubleshooting? and will they help with the firmware update once they figure out the BT audio delay issue? I’m just deciding to order it from them or car-life.

anywys great info from everyone, extremely helpful
Hello,
Yes, same device.

However, whurree bought his screen from car life, and received some (unusefull) accessories I didn't (like the speaker).
In terms of communication, road top answer to my question, but we'll, this forum is more more helpful than the answer of the vendor.

Regarding the BT adapter, Road Top told me that the new model comes by default with BT instead of auxiliary USB cable, trying to convince me that it is more convenient and stable.
From the couple of hours I have tested the screen, I can say that the BT adapter is not convenient at all. I think it could work fine only if you don't plan to use the OEM BT anymore. However, the quality of the Android screen Bluetooth phone call is awful.
so I need to continue to connect my phone to my car OEM BT (only the phone, while media BT needs to be connected to the BT adapter).

Then the problems come : need to go to the OEM interface and manually connect the BT adapter each time I start the car, no sound from the Android apps until I play a music with the screen music player. Absolutely not user friendly
​​​​​​

regarding the firmware upgrade, I doubt that carlife or roadtop can modify it themselves. They are just vendor.
But, maybe I m wrong...

PS: I ask road top if he can send me the USB cable, wait for his answer.

Last edited by zippi; 09-12-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:20 PM

S205
Originally Posted by Sly_North
Open the Android Settings, scroll to the end and open About, look for the sub-menu containing software information, and click 5 times on "Build number".
yes, merci!

I did figure out how unlock dev menu. Actually, the same way than on any Android device.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:28 PM

S205

No problem and please keep me in the loop for that hardware connection. The connection is fine with I’m streaming music, but I really want to watch video.
Sure, I'll keep you informed about the USB cable, if road top can send me one.

And what about the quality of the phone call using the screen Bluetooth? Do you have a poor sound and mic quality? I mean is so bad that all my interlocutors (i called 3 people) tell me that they barely hear me.
And when i use OEM BT, works like a charm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades