C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:50 PM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
The bluetooth calling from the new head unit is fine on mine could hear others clearly and they could hear me fine. Even when both ends are doing bluetooth calls through car stereo's.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S205
Originally Posted by 400ixl
The bluetooth calling from the new head unit is fine on mine could hear others clearly and they could hear me fine. Even when both ends are doing bluetooth calls through car stereo's.
Good for you!
Did you do particular setup ?

Cause on my unit, it sucks. I try with 2 different phones and carriers.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:31 PM

I don't think so. Just went into the bluetooth icon and then paired it to my phone. Gave it permission to the contact list, call logs, microphone as usual and it just works.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C400
I don't think so. Just went into the bluetooth icon and then paired it to my phone. Gave it permission to the contact list, call logs, microphone as usual and it just works.
In my case the my audio quality is fine, but the delay between Audio and video when using Bluetooth is just annoying. I tried to make a call thru the new unit and the same delay exists.

how did you do this with no delay? What type of phone do you have?
Old 09-12-2018, 05:10 PM

Not sure what video has to do with it as its the bluetooth phone or A2DP bluetooth streaming I am doing from the phone to the Head Unit. The mic used is the one in the head unit and the sound is routed via the head unit to the AUX input on the OEM system to the speakers.

I have a Nexus 6P as the phone which is being used. One thing I am not doing is running a WIFI hotspot from the phone, that runs from a separate USB 4G dongle.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:21 PM

Mercedes-Benz C400
Originally Posted by zippi
Sure, I'll keep you informed about the USB cable, if road top can send me one.

And what about the quality of the phone call using the screen Bluetooth? Do you have a poor sound and mic quality? I mean is so bad that all my interlocutors (i called 3 people) tell me that they barely hear me.
And when i use OEM BT, works like a charm.

you know, now that I think about it I did have an issue with the audio quality when I first synced the unit. My Bluetooth audio was elevated.... I went here to the cars OEM Bluetooth volume settings and changes it to normal I think. Next I went to apps--setting-- and adjusted the volume a little lower

No issues with the audio quality now, however the delay with the audio is noticeable there as well.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:33 PM

Mercedes-Benz C400
Not sure what video has to do with it as its the bluetooth phone or A2DP bluetooth streaming I am doing from the phone to the Head Unit. The mic used is the one in the head unit and the sound is routed via the head unit to the AUX input on the OEM system to the speakers.

I have a Nexus 6P as the phone which is being used. One thing I am not doing is running a WIFI hotspot from the phone, that runs from a separate USB 4G dongle.
i see now, you are going from the head unit to the car via an aux cable. We can’t do that because our car units do not have aux inputs that are active.

Our only choice is to route the signal from the head unit to the car via Bluetooth and there is the problem. All audio has a delay. So if you are talking on the phone there is a delay between what you hear and the other person notices it, if you are watching video, the persons mouth moves, then a second or 2 later you hear the audio.

Hopefully that helps to clear up what video has to do with it.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:37 PM

S205
I think is a hardware issue.
if roadtop cannot send me a USB adapter, then I'll give a try with this kind of BT adapter which claims zero delay for transmitting sound.
(Sorry, I link to a french site, but I'm sure you'll figure out what I'm talking about).

Last edited by zippi; 09-12-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Hello
Thanks for all the information here. It is really helpful. I have a few questions before I place the order.
1. Does this modification violate warranty? Do you switch back to OEM screen before service at dealer?
2. Are units from Car-life and roadtop the same? Haven't decided which vendor to order from. Roadtop offers free shipping so it might be cheaper in total.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2018, 04:32 AM

S205
Originally Posted by IamET
Hello
Thanks for all the information here. It is really helpful. I have a few questions before I place the order.
1. Does this modification violate warranty? Do you switch back to OEM screen before service at dealer?
2. Are units from Car-life and roadtop the same? Haven't decided which vendor to order from. Roadtop offers free shipping so it might be cheaper in total.

Thanks!
hello,

1. I'm not sure what modification you 're talking about?

2. From my understanding, it is the same device. Both are new model, which includes BT adapter by default instead of usb cable.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:32 AM

S205
Hello,

Road Top told me that the new version includes the BT adapter by default.

Then if I want an extra usb cable, I need to pay 30$ (actually 50$ - discount of 20$).

@Sentralfyr

Since you use the usb cable, can you please give us feedback regarding:

- Audio from the unit to the car speaker: is there any lag?

- Do you have to manually select auxiliary output on oem car system each time you start the car? (I have to do that with the BT adapter, otherwise, the sound of the unit doesn't output to the car speaker).

- Sometimes, the sound from the unit only output on the front left speaker, until I launch car radio, then push media button to turn off radio. Then the sound from the unit output normally. Have you the same issue?

- Sometimes, there is no sound output from the unit, until I play music on the unit (local music, not through BT). Have you the same issue?

Thanks in advance if you can help me (again!).

Cheers.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:34 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2015 S205 AMG
Thumbs up

Hello,

Road Top told me that the new version includes the BT adapter by default.

Then if I want an extra usb cable, I need to pay (actually - discount of ).

@Sentralfyr

Since you use the usb cable, can you please give us feedback regarding:

- Audio from the unit to the car speaker: is there any lag?

- Do you have to manually select auxiliary output on oem car system each time you start the car? (I have to do that with the BT adapter, otherwise, the sound of the unit doesn't output to the car speaker).

- Sometimes, the sound from the unit only output on the front left speaker, until I launch car radio, then push media button to turn off radio. Then the sound from the unit output normally. Have you the same issue?

- Sometimes, there is no sound output from the unit, until I play music on the unit (local music, not through BT). Have you the same issue?

Thanks in advance if you can help me (again!).

Cheers.
I have not testet connecting a Harddrive or USB with music trough the USB, but i can test, only used it as charging.

I do not have to connect the AUX manually, it goes automaticly. When i start Spotify it just says "please wait" and then it connects to play music

I have not noticed any problems with sound just from left front speakers so far

Some times when i have been connected to the AUX, there is no sound until i play radio or start spotify

I also have a lag when playing videos

Feel free to ask, we are here to help eachother

Last edited by sentralfyr; 09-13-2018 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:40 AM

2015 S205 AMG

Did you get this adapter?

I got this one

Last edited by sentralfyr; 09-13-2018 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:56 AM

S205
Originally Posted by sentralfyr

Did you get this adapter?

I got this one

hello,
I have the first one (BT adapter).
and I want to try the second one (usb).
Old 09-13-2018, 05:59 AM

S205
I have not testet connecting a Harddrive or USB with music trough the USB, but i can test, only used it
hello,
by usb, I mean the auxiliary usb cable you use for routing the sound from the unit to the car speaker.

however, you say that y ou also have a lag between video and sound ?
do you mean you watch a video on the unit, the sound is route to the car speaker, and you do have a delay between what you watch and what you hear, correct?
if yes it is weird, cause I assumed the culprit of that was the BT adapter...

Last edited by zippi; 09-13-2018 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:07 AM

2015 S205 AMG
hello,
by usb, I mean the auxiliary usb cable you use for routing the sound from the unit to the car speaker.
First of all it connects automaticly,but sometimes i have to choose AUX in the OEM screen,
Old 09-13-2018, 06:21 AM

2015 S205 AMG
hello,

however, you say that y ou also have a lag between video and sound ?
do you mean you watch a video on the unit, the sound is route to the car speaker, and you do have a delay between what you watch and what you hear, correct?
if yes it is weird, cause I assumed the culprit of that was the BT adapter...
Yes you are correct, i have a lag between video and sound, it is not much but you can see and hear.
Maybe the adapter are too poor? Maybe it is the videoplayer?
Old 09-13-2018, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
hello,

1. I'm not sure what modification you 're talking about?

2. From my understanding, it is the same device. Both are new model, which includes BT adapter by default instead of usb cable.
Hi zippi,
By saying modification, I mean installing the aftermarket screen. Just curious if this upgrade breaks warranty policy or not. And do you switch back to OEM screen before taking car to dealer?

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:44 PM

S205
Originally Posted by IamET
Hi zippi,
By saying modification, I mean installing the aftermarket screen. Just curious if this upgrade breaks warranty policy or not. And do you switch back to OEM screen before taking car to dealer?

Thanks.
Ok I didn't understand that you spoke about the car warranty. Well, I don't know, and I didn't ask myself this question cause my car is not under warranty anymore.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:00 PM

Mercedes-Benz C400
I’ve never had a warranty claim with Mercedes-Benz, but I have to add my two cents to this one.... A dealer will screw you on a warranty in a heartbeat. I’ve been there and done that with other manufacturers, but I’ve learned through my own personal experiences that if you have someone you deal with on a regular bases in a service dept., then it’s best to call them up before you install the unit if you are worried about a warranty issue in the future.

For my hellcat which is heavily modified, I just call a dealer before I bring it in and let them know I have a modified car to get a green light that it will be okay to bring it in. Also read dealer reviews before you bring your car to any service department.

my car is a 2015 so no warranty issues on my end.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:30 AM

2015 S205 AMG
Anybody testet the DVR Function?
I tested with a backup camera i had from previous install, could not get it to work, im not sure if we need a DVR camera or i had som problems with electricity or setup.
I want this kind of DVR, but have trouble to find the correct one, because i have two cameras i my windshield

COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades-551k6yg.jpg

Old 09-14-2018, 09:13 AM

S205
Anybody testet the DVR Function?
I tested with a backup camera i had from previous install, could not get it to work, im not sure if we need a DVR camera or i had som problems with electricity or setup.
I want this kind of DVR, but have trouble to find the correct one, because i have two cameras i my windshield

Unfortunately, not testing DVR yet.
(Imo, it is a pitty the manufacturer doesn't include a camera on the device. )
Old 09-14-2018, 07:31 PM

S205
Best app for 10.25 screen

Hi,

I was searching a way to play YouTube in background, and I have found this terrific App : floating apps

This app allows you to display any app in a floating windows and also includes some cool pre integrated floating apps like compass, notes, and YouTube!

Don't test it yet on my unit, cause my car is in the car workshop.
But works like a charm on my phone.

Just want to share this with you.
​​a must have for our screen.

Edit: seems like it is not possible to display app in a floating windows if Android version is under 7 (our screen is Android 6)...
At least, I still can use the integrated floating app, including YouTube.

Last edited by zippi; 09-15-2018 at 05:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
soon-to-be 2018 glc43
Can the bluetooth lag be fixed via a setting in Android?
https://support.soundbrenner.com/hc/...ncy-on-Android

Sorry i'm not an android user so I'm not too familiar with its settings. I know when i used Kodi on my laptop, there was a setting to sync the audio with the video if there was a delay.
Has the vendor replied with a fix yet? I'm about to order the unit to test it out but if a fix is coming i'd wait until it's here before i ordered.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:15 PM

Yes you could do that for the video playback with a player which supports it, but won't solve the call issue reported, that lag is real time.

Also, apps like youtube, Netflix, Prime etc do not have the delay functionality.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades