C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
23 plate A class 180 amg prem plus night edition mountain grey
I have Netflix working now ,amazon prime etc... .. what’s Molotov ? I didn’t set anything for my usb aux think it just worked? What settings are there??
comes out of all speakers etc as it should
Old 05-17-2019, 03:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLA 250 AMG
Sound lag?

Originally Posted by Bj71
I have Netflix working now ,amazon prime etc... .. what’s Molotov ? I didn’t set anything for my usb aux think it just worked? What settings are there??
comes out of all speakers etc as it should
Hi, do you have NTG5 or NTG4? As far as I'm aware it's only NTG5 that has lag but I'm hoping there's a fix for 5
Old 05-17-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Coldfact
Hi, do you have NTG5 or NTG4? As far as I'm aware it's only NTG5 that has lag but I'm hoping there's a fix for 5

NTG 5.* I assume I have ...2017 comand online ...have the touch pad and click wheel .
ill do more testing but I didn’t notice any lag with voices/video so far .. as it’s basically hard wired with the usb aux you shudnt really id have thought,but I’m well are others have stated there is ...
BT is a different beast tho and not uncommon.

is there a limit to the size of drive you can connect to the usb running to the screen? I’ve previously been used a 500gb usb hd and I wanted to run it thru the screen but it’s not being recognised..

alao so is it just my screen or is the micro sd card sitting flush when fitted in the back and an absolute pain to click back out at the rear? I have a 64gb fitted is that the max it will read?

some of the spec and capabilities I’m not clear on... so far tho it’s blows the previous oem system out the water...it’s so dated and basic ..how tech changes in a few years.. MBX is a world away in the new A class..
Old 05-17-2019, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550 P2 / 2003 S430
It might be a formatting issue for the hard drive

I do agree the sd card is definitely a pain to remove as it sits flush against the screen.

quick question I notice that if I'm listening to music or BT music coming from the screen and I switch to NGT screen the music automatically shuts off even tho I'm still on Aux, anyone having the same behavior? Is that normal?
Old 05-17-2019, 04:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SLK 200
Originally Posted by IDIOFFO
quick question I notice that if I'm listening to music or BT music coming from the screen and I switch to NGT screen the music automatically shuts off even tho I'm still on Aux, anyone having the same behavior? Is that normal?
Same behavior for me
The following users liked this post:
IDIOFFO (05-19-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 05:39 PM

CLA 250 AMG
Same for me
IDIOFFO (05-19-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 05:55 PM

CLA 250 AMG
NTG 5.* I assume I have ...2017 comand online ...have the touch pad and click wheel .
ill do more testing but I didn’t notice any lag with voices/video so far .. as it’s basically hard wired with the usb aux you shudnt really id have thought,but I’m well are others have stated there is ...
BT is a different beast tho and not uncommon.

is there a limit to the size of drive you can connect to the usb running to the screen? I’ve previously been used a 500gb usb hd and I wanted to run it thru the screen but it’s not being recognised..

alao so is it just my screen or is the micro sd card sitting flush when fitted in the back and an absolute pain to click back out at the rear? I have a 64gb fitted is that the max it will read?

some of the spec and capabilities I’m not clear on... so far tho it’s blows the previous oem system out the water...it’s so dated and basic ..how tech changes in a few years.. MBX is a world away in the new A class..

I'm connected with USB to NTG5.1 with sound lag on video, Youtube Netflix, etc Though my car is a CLA 2016

I've not tried a HD other than USB flash drives @250gb but it could be a power thing & ive read it takes the screen too long to load larger Hard drives on boot, though connecting it after boot has worked

The SD & SIM card slots are a real pain to get at but both work fine

MBX looks fantastic for what I've seen of it but I'm hopeful some dev on XDA forums will come up with a rom just like it for android

Some chatter on the 10.25 android headunits here https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...units-t3757492

Last edited by Coldfact; 05-17-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: new
Old 05-18-2019, 02:28 AM

I’m going to re check the lag issue today, am feeling doubtful I haven’t now ! And maybe I was just lucky on the occasion I tested... shall report back..
i get the sound disconnecting when changing source using usb aux as asked earlier also ,think it’s just a by product of the work around connecting the screen this way...I can live with it.
regards my hd I could reformat it I guess after saving everything off it but what’s the best format to use fat 32 is restricted with file size transfer of 32gb so hence I use NTSF ... Im thinking maybe it’s the power issue as stated above as mine is just powered via the usb alone.its not the end of the world as I’m using Apple Music these days so spoiled for choice and don’t need all my music saved to hard drive.

funny thing this morning after mentioning the micro sd card being an absolute pain to remove I got into the car and lucky for me I noticed my micro sd car on my seat!! I was like WTF? It must have ejected out on it own ... how that happened I have no idea!

finally im having an issue with CarPlay .... I after setting the screen up I had an issue with it not working.... I have a warning message on the screen which I posted in an earlier post ,so I contacted road top and they sent me a file which is the app software to install CarPlay again.
Fab I thought all working now.... but ! Every time I disconnect the cable from phone and leave the car when I come back to use CarPlay it’s the same issue and I have to re install CarPlay to use it again..it’s a pain and I’m not sure why it’s happening...I have the file on a usb stick connected ,I even tried copying the file to he internal memory of the screen but I’m not sure where I placed it exactly in the hope thst may solve it.. still have the same prob this morning.... anyone any idea?
Old 05-19-2019, 11:09 AM

CLA 250 AMG
I’m going to re check the lag issue today, am feeling doubtful I haven’t now ! And maybe I was just lucky on the occasion I tested... shall report back..
i get the sound disconnecting when changing source using usb aux as asked earlier also ,think it’s just a by product of the work around connecting the screen this way...I can live with it.
regards my hd I could reformat it I guess after saving everything off it but what’s the best format to use fat 32 is restricted with file size transfer of 32gb so hence I use NTSF ... Im thinking maybe it’s the power issue as stated above as mine is just powered via the usb alone.its not the end of the world as I’m using Apple Music these days so spoiled for choice and don’t need all my music saved to hard drive.

funny thing this morning after mentioning the micro sd card being an absolute pain to remove I got into the car and lucky for me I noticed my micro sd car on my seat!! I was like WTF? It must have ejected out on it own ... how that happened I have no idea!

finally im having an issue with CarPlay .... I after setting the screen up I had an issue with it not working.... I have a warning message on the screen which I posted in an earlier post ,so I contacted road top and they sent me a file which is the app software to install CarPlay again.
Fab I thought all working now.... but ! Every time I disconnect the cable from phone and leave the car when I come back to use CarPlay it’s the same issue and I have to re install CarPlay to use it again..it’s a pain and I’m not sure why it’s happening...I have the file on a usb stick connected ,I even tried copying the file to he internal memory of the screen but I’m not sure where I placed it exactly in the hope thst may solve it.. still have the same prob this morning.... anyone any idea?

Don't use car play only android auto & that works fine when connected to USB from the head unit... Have you tried installing tasker & set it to launch car play app when screen boots.

I use car launcher now & not the launcher installed on the screen.

IDIOFFO (05-27-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 11:09 AM

Sorry for delay responding! Yep I have some audio lag...but it varies for me dependant of the app I’m using....don’t notice it on amazon prime app or bbc iPlayer... but you can on YouTube or netflix and if I’m playing a file from hard drive... no clue as to why it’s better on something things than others... hope there’s an update soon but I can live with it for now.

still having issues with CarPlay constantly needing re installing after switch car off but I notice if I setting the power to stay on for an 1hr it’s fine... but once the hr passes it will need reloading.. road top is looking into it but it’s doing my head in constantly now.
also anyone any idea why my WiFi from my phone won’t auto connect when I get back in the car ... I have to switch off the hot spot on my phone then back on and then it will find it and then connect via the android screen ( was never a prob with oem system)

all niggles but I couldn’t go back to the old screen ever again.

Last edited by Bj71; 05-21-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Coldfact (05-28-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 01:10 PM

2010 E550 P2 / 2003 S430
Hi @Coldfact how you did you get the split screen Music/Navi?
Old 05-27-2019, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
That split does look good!
Old 05-28-2019, 04:18 PM

CLA 250 AMG
Split screen

Hi @Coldfact how you did you get the split screen Music/Navi?
It's a setting in the developer options in Android.
About phone keep clicking on build number, that should open developer option, setting for multi screen should be an option in dev list.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:28 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by djrabbi
That split does look good!
...that does look fantastic
Old 05-28-2019, 05:25 PM

CLA 250 AMG
Sorry for delay responding! Yep I have some audio lag...but it varies for me dependant of the app I’m using....don’t notice it on amazon prime app or bbc iPlayer... but you can on YouTube or netflix and if I’m playing a file from hard drive... no clue as to why it’s better on something things than others... hope there’s an update soon but I can live with it for now.

still having issues with CarPlay constantly needing re installing after switch car off but I notice if I setting the power to stay on for an 1hr it’s fine... but once the hr passes it will need reloading.. road top is looking into it but it’s doing my head in constantly now.
also anyone any idea why my WiFi from my phone won’t auto connect when I get back in the car ... I have to switch off the hot spot on my phone then back on and then it will find it and then connect via the android screen ( was never a prob with oem system)

all niggles but I couldn’t go back to the old screen ever again.
Only a theory!
But the problem with the hotspot could be more to do with your phone than the screen, something to do with your phone screen going off & switching the hotspot off with it.

My few problems with the android screen are the
original launcher...
It's music & video players are just not good enough for me & you can't change the apps on the home screen to any app you like.
And if like me you install another launcher you lose the use of original toggle navigation.

The audio lag on NTG5.X on YouTube, Netflix is annoying
I've not tried Prime nor iPlayer but will do & post back.
VLCs ability to set aduio delay helps fix lag in videos played from SD or USB.

The screen looks fabulous & runs
Fast & fluid, all apps I have installed work mostly as they should.
Split screen is almost perfect at the ratio off the 20.25" screen & is extremely useful.
No'way i'm going back to stock!
Old 05-28-2019, 06:51 PM

SLK 200
Only a theory!
And if like me you install another launcher you lose the use of original toggle navigation.
!
With a launcher the screen is fantastic BUT I can't find a way to add a link to go back to original NTG as you. This is painful when you want to switch audio source or use radio...
If I was able to create a shortcut directly from the launcher would be a killer screen
Old 05-28-2019, 07:19 PM

CLA 250 AMG
Originally Posted by amery
With a launcher the screen is fantastic BUT I can't find a way to add a link to go back to original NTG as you. This is painful when you want to switch audio source or use radio...
If I was able to create a shortcut directly from the launcher would be a killer screen
I just press the *favourite button or radio to go back to NTG screen & use toggle wheel or steering wheel buttons to control it as normal
Old 05-28-2019, 07:22 PM

SLK 200
I just press the *favourite button or radio to go back to NTG screen & use toggle wheel or steering wheel buttons to control it as normal
I'll try tomorrow thx
Coldfact (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 02:37 PM

2010 E550 P2 / 2003 S430
It's a setting in the developer options in Android.
About phone keep clicking on build number, that should open developer option, setting for multi screen should be an option in dev list.
Okay thanks @Coldfact I will try that and see how it goes
What music player are you using?
Coldfact (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 07:19 PM

CLA 250 AMG
Okay thanks @Coldfact I will try that and see how it goes
What music player are you using?
It's power amp
IDIOFFO (05-29-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 03:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
How hard is it to skin this to look like the new MBUX?
Coldfact (05-30-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A200 Facelift 2016

This how i connect
Originally Posted by sentralfyr
Yes you are correct, i have a lag between video and sound, it is not much but you can see and hear.
Maybe the adapter are too poor? Maybe it is the videoplayer?
Hi do you resolve your problem?
I have the same issue the audio delay when play youtube/IPtV
Old 06-15-2019, 08:52 AM

A200 Facelift 2016
CLASS a

This how i connect
Hi
Install in my car but have a delay 2/3 sec in audio when see youtube/IPTV
How i resolve this?? Anyone do it?

Old 06-15-2019, 10:14 PM

A200 Facelift 2016
Delay sound AUX/USB

how do you connect the sound to the car? In my is an aux cable that with the adapter turns into usb to put usb / media that I have on the armrest gets the sound delay. If I put the aux coming from 10.25 "into an external speaker it has no sound delay. So the question is, how did you get connected to the car? what is the factory code to access do not know my
Old 06-17-2019, 04:50 PM

2010 E550 P2 / 2003 S430
Hi, I have purchased an OBD 2 scanner ELM 327 and downloaded Torque app but I can't seem to figure out how to connect it to the screen, can anybody help with that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: COMAND 10.25" Screen Upgrades