C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Finally a DEPO has come out with a Halogen to LED headlight Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 12:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
c300 2015
Talking Finally a DEPO has come out with a Halogen to LED headlight Conversion

I'v been waiting for days for them to come out with a way to upgrade my ugly Halogen headlights to the dual led headlights, i'v already installed their rear taillights in my car and they look great just like OEM's and now I will have their headlights installed as well, for HALF the price of otto lights which are CRAZY expensive $1600, NO Thanks, I can't wait! I trust them because DEPO been in business for 20 Plus years, Made in Taiwan not China, has a good rep and makes all kinds of lights for tons of cars PLUS I already love their taillights. Not taking anything away from otto auto But you gotta be crazy to pay that much! I trust DEPO! I can't wait.

Last edited by decoto; 10-06-2019 at 02:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Cilo C Class (10-06-2019)
Old 10-06-2019, 01:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG E43
Where did you get this information? Link to depo site? Will it be the full LED version or the regular LED version with just one main bulb? I also have DEPO taillights and otto auto headlights, but I would be interested in switching to DEPO headlights since otto headlights are starting to give me problems once in a while and are expensive to buy again.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:56 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
C220D W205 Estate
Got a link for them tail lights also?
Old 10-06-2019, 08:03 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
16 C300 W205
Link to lights

Originally Posted by decoto
I'v been waiting for days for them to come out with a way to upgrade my ugly Halogen headlights to the dual led headlights, i'v already installed their rear taillights in my car and they look great just like OEM's and now I will have their headlights installed as well, for HALF the price of otto lights which are CRAZY expensive $1600, NO Thanks, I can't wait! I trust them because DEPO been in business for 20 Plus years, Made in Taiwan not China, has a good rep and makes all kinds of lights for tons of cars PLUS I already love their taillights. Not taking anything away from otto auto But you gotta be crazy to pay that much! I trust DEPO! I can't wait.
My prayers have been answered!! Could you please include link to lights??

Last edited by Cilo C Class; 10-06-2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-06-2019, 08:12 AM

16 C300 W205
Originally Posted by TorbenK
Got a link for them tail lights also?
I just purchased these a few moments ago- a few people on here used this seller so I decided to go with them- I will post update when I switch out my lights.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-15-18-Mercedes-W205-C-Class-Depo-AMG-Full-LED-Neon-Bar-Rear-Tail-Lamp/113327889716?
Old 10-07-2019, 01:25 AM

c300 2015
Originally Posted by k4vglitcher
Where did you get this information? Link to depo site? Will it be the full LED version or the regular LED version with just one main bulb? I also have DEPO taillights and otto auto headlights, but I would be interested in switching to DEPO headlights since otto headlights are starting to give me problems once in a while and are expensive to buy again.
This is exactly why I didn't want to buy otto auto headlights, they are way overpriced and when something goes wrong you have to pay all that money all over again, for the price of the otto Auto lights I can get 2 sets of the DEPO headlights, Only one place I know sells them right now, they well known company that deals with the resell of parts and headlights, has a facebook with over 25k likes, Instagram, youtube ect.. They take paypal which is how I paid and ACTUALLY has a real location, you can google the address. I already talked to the customer support and they told me mine will ship out monday. Here is the link if interested. And to be honest I trust DEPO over otto auto, but again im not taking anything anyway from him, but I rather have lights made by a company that actually been around for 20 years and that are made in Taiwan than China. $665 + shipping, better then $1600....Your choice if you want pay Twice as much for otto auto headlights... https://www.betaautoparts.com/produc...lVuu8JXLt-2p6w

Last edited by decoto; 10-07-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:25 AM

16 C300 W205
Question

Thanks for link and info. The price is phenomenal! I'd hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but there's not a lot of information on the website regarding this light. for instance, no mention of true plug and play, any mention of error codes or lack thereof, if a warranty will be provided with purchase or perhaps any videos of prior installs - I guess I would try and reach out to the seller and inquire within. In any case, thanks for the link. If these lights check out, they will be a game changer.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:40 AM

c300 2015
Originally Posted by Cilo C Class
Thanks for link and info. The price is phenomenal! I'd hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but there's not a lot of information on the website regarding this light. for instance, no mention of true plug and play, any mention of error codes or lack thereof, if a warranty will be provided with purchase or perhaps any videos of prior installs - I guess I would try and reach out to the seller and inquire within. In any case, thanks for the link. If these lights check out, they will be a game changer.
I'm sure they are plug and play. Remember DEPO made the taillights for this car too and they were plug and play as well as having a great price. It was just a matter of time before they made the front. And I'v reached out to the company that sells them and they are very helpful. Sometimes it's hard to get ahold of them on their on-site customer service window so I would try their WhatsApp. I already ordered mine days ago and waiting for them to get the lights from Depo and then once they get them on Wednesday they will ship them out to me. I'm just glad I waited before spending $1600 on the headlights alone, that crazy expensive. I knew Depo would come through sooner or later, they already got the taillights on lock. On a side note, the company sells tons of parts for the car as well which I'm also tempted in looking into.

Last edited by decoto; 10-07-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Cilo C Class (10-07-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 01:55 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
C300

you pay what you get... I do not think DEPO use LED, probably just xenon..... the back of DEPO headlight looks very cheap if compare with the one from OTTO.........
Old 10-07-2019, 02:43 PM

c300 2015
Originally Posted by paulatl

you pay what you get... I do not think DEPO use LED, probably just xenon..... the back of DEPO headlight looks very cheap if compare with the one from OTTO.........
Not sure until I get them, but I wouldn't judge a headlamp based on the back cover of the light, and even so $800 more for LED?? That's crazy.. No thanks... Not to mention a few people already had problems with otto auto lights as the guy above me already has stated... Not sure how long otto auto been around but DEPO been around for 20 plus years with a really good rep making all kinds of lights for all kinds of cars, they have exprience..Somehow I trust them more... Are otto auto lights made in china too?

Last edited by decoto; 10-07-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:45 PM

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts
2016 C300W4 (W205), Luxury Pkg, Diamond Silver Met. and Silk Beige\Espresso Interior
Careful saying anything negative about Otto Auto around paulatl... he's a shill for them and gets testy when anyone questions their quality or business practices (returns, etc.)
Old 10-07-2019, 03:04 PM

C300
Originally Posted by diamondsilver16
Careful saying anything negative about Otto Auto around paulatl... he's a shill for them and gets testy when anyone questions their quality or business practices (returns, etc.)
Yeap ~ I have helped Otto sell more than dozens of headlights, and I know him in person~~
Old 10-07-2019, 03:20 PM

16 C300 W205
Originally Posted by paulatl
Yeap ~ I have helped Otto sell more than dozens of headlights, and I know him in person~~
mystery is solved. can you get us a discount lol
Old 10-07-2019, 03:23 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Cilo C Class
mystery is solved. can you get us a discount lol
aha~ good question~ 150 off if pay through paypal invoice instead of ebay. Ebay charges a lot of fee. Please do mention my name to help me get referral~
Old 10-07-2019, 03:23 PM

16 C300 W205
Decoto, please keep us in the loop regarding quality and functionality when you get and install lights. I'm really curious. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:24 PM

16 C300 W205
Thanks Paul- if I decide to go with Otto I will make sure to take advantage of that discount and mention your name of course.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:21 PM

2017 AMG E43
Otto headlights are of good quality, no one is denying this. There are slight differences compared to oem full LED, but the main functionalities and appearance is there. Personally, I started to have trouble with one of them before, and the customer service with Otto is very good. They replied very quick and give you many options to fix your problems. Now, DEPO products I had for many years for different cars. I now have their taillights and they are perfect and even brighter than oem. If these are true DEPO headlights for that price, that would be amazing.

A problem I see is the lack of availability through other vendors that usually sell a wide range of DEPO products for years, even after contacting them inquiring about these headlights. Even DEPO Ebay store does not have these headlights and their main distributor website does not have these listed. Not sure if these headlights are super new, but I would assume the headlights would be on sell by their main distributors before some random store in Dubai.

By the look of these, they are LED as stated on their listing on that site many times. Xenon will not make these headlights sell for THAT cheap. Gotta remember, otto headlights were 1.1-1.2k USD when they first came out. Since they cornered the market, they raised their prices up to 2.5k USD, and now down to 1.6k USD. Im sure DEPO has the resources to sell at ~600, as their other products are of great quality and low price as well.

Personally, I will wait until other members like OP and see what they think and actual pictures of the headlights. The different backs of these headlights means nothing. DEPO has years of experience with LED and these headlights are priced at the higher end compared to their other products. If true DEPO headlights, these will be a banger.
The following 3 users liked this post by k4vglitcher:
Cilo C Class (10-07-2019), diamondsilver16 (10-07-2019), DylanM (10-08-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 11:43 PM

c300 2015
Okay guys its been about a week since I posted in the thread I started, Just a quick update. The lights have been shipped a few days ago and are on there way. I will post a full update with pictures after install. So before you guys decide to pay for overpriced otto auto lights please bear with me, you may just find this may be the better option. A few things I wanted to note about DEPO and the company I bought from. The company I bought from is not "some random store in Dubai", They were founded in 2002 and are one of the main distributors of DEPO lights in UAE and have a very strong rep, so rest easy with this company. As for DEPO lights themselfs, they have many awards under their belts and These lights are a NEW Release.. And if you people are rocking the rear Halogens to LED taillights, then guess who makes them... Heres a hint... its not otto auto.... so once I get them to my house I will have before and after pictures and a full review...

Last edited by decoto; 10-15-2019 at 02:43 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by decoto:
Cilo C Class (10-15-2019), diamondsilver16 (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 12:40 AM

2017 AMG E43
Originally Posted by decoto
Okay guys its been about a week since I posted in the thread I started, Just a quick update. The lights have been shipped a few days ago and are on there way. I will post a full update with pictures after install. So before you guys decide to pay for overpriced otto auto lights please bear with me, you may just find you this may be the better option. A few things I wanted to note about DEPO and the company I bought from. The company I bought from is not "some random store in Dubai", They were founded in 2002 and are one of the main distributors of DEPO lights in UAE and have a very strong rep, so rest easy with this company. As for DEPO lights themselfs, they have many awards under their belts and These lights are a NEW Release.. And if you people are rocking the rear Halogens to LED taillights, then guess who makes them... Heres a hint... its not otto auto.... so once I get them to my house I will have before and after pictures and a full review...
Thanks for the update. I'm sure all of us are anxious to see DEPO version of the headlights as most of us have their taillights installed.
Cilo C Class (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 02:52 AM

c300 2015
Originally Posted by k4vglitcher
Thanks for the update. I'm sure all of us are anxious to see DEPO version of the headlights as most of us have their taillights installed.
Honestly, I feel good you stayed with me on this, You would be the most reliable person to confirm the difference in the two considering you already paid for the otto auto headlights... That is if you chose to buy the DEPO lights of course... Perhaps maybe you could show the difference of the otto auto light on the left and an installed DEPO on the right?... Again we shall see... But let me be the first ginna pig in this experiment

Last edited by decoto; 10-15-2019 at 02:55 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:41 AM

16 C300 W205
decoto,
Thanks for the update. Just like K4vglitcher said, I'm one of the guys anxiously awaiting your install and review. I installed my Depo taillights and so far they look great. Keeping my fingers crossed that the headlights will be of equal craftsmanship. Keep us posted.

Last edited by Cilo C Class; 10-15-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:26 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
No matter who you get the headlights from and this includes the MB Dealer as well as any other aftermarket supplier I STRONGLY advise that you first remove all the metal modules and apply a bead of RTV silicone around the inside lip and reassemble before installation. It is a known problem that water/moisture can get behind the module and it corrodes the wiring causing failure.

The way these modules make a watertight seal is by using hard rubber in the recessed area that the 'footprint' of the metal module presses into. When the mounting screws on the modules are tightened it creates the seal.
There should be metal inserts molded into the body to receive the metal screws that secures the modules for a strong 'metal to metal' contact but there sin't, it's 'metal to plastic' and that is whats causing these seals to fail!
Should one of these modules fail AFTER the headlights are installed on your car it should be noted that only one of them are even remotely accessible ...changing the other 2 modules will require removing the bumper!
Mitchell
Old 10-16-2019, 12:32 PM

16 C300 W205
Thanks for the heads up and advice. I will certainly use it. Now I just have to get my hands on some of that silicone you mentioned.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:29 PM

c300 2015
Okay, a quick update, I received my lights today. I am so loving these lights right now I felt like a big kid on Christmas day opening them up I was tearing through the package so fast LOL... Honestly, I'm sooo excited and from what I can tell they are full-LED, Iv attached pictures. So for all the people that may have doubt these lights exist, They do and here's is proof. And you can only get them through the company I use... They look and feel VERY high-quality... I don't know about those overpriced otto auto lights but something tells me its better quality than his china lights... and all for $800 with shipping and most of all from a name you can trust DEPO!...I will have a full install later with before and after pictures on my car...and maybe a youtube video. Stay tuned.

Box they came in

Front

Back

Close up of LED in the light housing

Name Brand on housing...

Last edited by decoto; 10-16-2019 at 03:31 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by decoto:
benzdude (10-17-2019), diamondsilver16 (10-16-2019), DylanM (10-16-2019)
Old 10-16-2019, 03:34 PM

16 C300 W205
yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They look great. Can't wait for your pics/review .

Last edited by Cilo C Class; 10-16-2019 at 03:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally a DEPO has come out with a Halogen to LED headlight Conversion