C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

12.5" IPS Screen 8 core Android 10.0 Android Screen with built in Carplay 4G

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 449 Likes on 345 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Farkas Zsolt
Hey Guys!

Is there any option or setting, to prevent boot every time? I think of going to sleep/standby mode instead of shutting down.

Thank you
Is there an option to kill your battery? Sure.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c250
I have a similar situation

Say Android Recovery
Originally Posted by Hutch566
I have tried resetting a few times, no success. The top two images are the device booting, the 3rd is on the app screen and the last is when I press the radio button :/

did you fixed it?
Old 04-20-2021, 03:30 PM

c250
I have a problem with my screen

If somebody can help me!!

Old 04-27-2021, 02:55 PM

GLC 250d
USB DAC vs. AUX in

What do you think guys, wich one have better sound?

An USB DAC, with the original aux-USB adapter, or with the aux in modification with the aux out RCA?
Old 04-27-2021, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Farkas Zsolt
What do you think guys, wich one have better sound?

An USB DAC, with the original aux-USB adapter, or with the aux in modification with the aux out RCA?
The one with less processing in the chain. The straightest path always wins. But can you hear the difference?

I would say aux out mod would have less noise, only if your mod and wiring is soild.

However, I compared the dac method with oem bluetooth sound and couldn't tell the difference.

...but my dragonfly red DAC costs $199 so....

If i didn't mind messing with my headunit i would try the aux mod.

Last edited by benzdude; 04-27-2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C300
CAn you help me, when I in the NGT mode, I can change ECO, Normal,SPort. But when Im in the Android Screen or Carplay Apple. the buttom did not work for me, I cannot change Eco, Normal, Sport , dirve mode and the volume, but the volume on the sterring wheel work very good. thank you so much
Old 04-28-2021, 04:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 2011, 125 Edition
Hi, I have two questions about Zlink.

1) Where do you go to download latest versions of Zlink? The version I have is 3.8 but I’m aware there are newer versions out there.
(I’m aware there’s an “update” option from within the app, but if I just wanted to have the app on a handy USB).

2) Can you use two different iPhones with Zlink? Not at the same time, but one iPhone one day and then a totally different iPhone the next day?

Last edited by Ninjadom; 04-28-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:45 AM

C43 Coupe - W205
Half Audio

I wanted to share an experience with Navifly on AliExpress for the benefit of others.

I purchased a 12.5" N600+ on 3/19 for an '18 C43 Audio20 Headunit with Burmester Package. Didn't ship for about a week but once shipped got it pretty fast. Upon opening the box found no instructions (expected) but with the help of threads like this one was able to get everything up and running. I had a harness with a 3.5mm connection in-line so I was hoping it was all plug and play.

Unfortunately this was not the case no matter what settings I tried so off to connecting the Aux-USB which worked right off the bat, except for one detail. I have no audio on the driver's side (LHD). Switching back to the factory system brings audio to both sides. Naturally I checked all connections, replaced the 3.5mm cable with a better one and reviewed every setting I could find.

I contacted Navifly to try to resolve the issue and they naturally started asking me to check all the connections, I get it, so I did. Then they asked me for a video, so I sent it. Then they sent a picture of a harness and asked me to confirm the Aux Box connection so I did. They asked me to confirm the settings in the console (although getting them to be specific as to what settings and what they should be was like pulling teeth).

All of this sounds reasonable, except those same steps/cycle have been repeated now a few times and I have just been asked to send a video, same one, again. It's been almost four weeks of back and forth between, "send a video friend", "look at this harness, are you using the aux-box?" And "is everything connected" in a cycle with no progress yet.

I'm hopeful to get this resolved, they are responsive (with one of the three responses above) but the process has been long, and incredibly frustrating. For all I know this can be my goof-up but more than anything want to highlight what it's like getting support if you have an issue.

Hope to move towards a resolution soon but with timezones being off (USA to China), we are in the same place we were when I first reached out. This is beginning to feel like getting the run around.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Daniel-Engineer
I wanted to share an experience with Navifly on AliExpress for the benefit of others.

I purchased a 12.5" N600+ on 3/19 for an '18 C43 Audio20 Headunit with Burmester Package. Didn't ship for about a week but once shipped got it pretty fast. Upon opening the box found no instructions (expected) but with the help of threads like this one was able to get everything up and running. I had a harness with a 3.5mm connection in-line so I was hoping it was all plug and play.

Unfortunately this was not the case no matter what settings I tried so off to connecting the Aux-USB which worked right off the bat, except for one detail. I have no audio on the driver's side (LHD). Switching back to the factory system brings audio to both sides. Naturally I checked all connections, replaced the 3.5mm cable with a better one and reviewed every setting I could find.

I contacted Navifly to try to resolve the issue and they naturally started asking me to check all the connections, I get it, so I did. Then they asked me for a video, so I sent it. Then they sent a picture of a harness and asked me to confirm the Aux Box connection so I did. They asked me to confirm the settings in the console (although getting them to be specific as to what settings and what they should be was like pulling teeth).

All of this sounds reasonable, except those same steps/cycle have been repeated now a few times and I have just been asked to send a video, same one, again. It's been almost four weeks of back and forth between, "send a video friend", "look at this harness, are you using the aux-box?" And "is everything connected" in a cycle with no progress yet.

I'm hopeful to get this resolved, they are responsive (with one of the three responses above) but the process has been long, and incredibly frustrating. For all I know this can be my goof-up but more than anything want to highlight what it's like getting support if you have an issue.

Hope to move towards a resolution soon but with timezones being off (USA to China), we are in the same place we were when I first reached out. This is beginning to feel like getting the run around.
Have you tried plugging in some head phones or desk speakers directly into the 3.5m audio out jack to debug?

Turn down the volume in the Android screen first.

It could be a faulty usb aux box or 3.5mm jack

Also go into the Android system settings and check volume balance L//R channel levels.

Maybe connect to wifi and install an Android volume app that shows L/R channel ouput visually on screen. Likeva volume meter

Old 04-28-2021, 10:28 AM

C43 Coupe - W205
Originally Posted by benzdude
Have you tried plugging in some head phones or desk speakers directly into the 3.5m audio out jack to debug?

Turn down the volume in the Android screen first.

It could be a faulty usb aux box or 3.5mm jack

Also go into the Android system settings and check volume balance L//R channel levels.

Maybe connect to wifi and install an Android volume app that shows L/R channel ouput visually on screen. Likeva volume meter
The headphone test is next. Need to pick up a cheap set as I've pretty much gone wireless.

I did use the L/R in accessibility settings to confirm it's an issue on L/R channels. As I sweep to L the audio goes away.

My suspicions were around the box/jack. I tried another cable and tried cleaning out / inspecting the port with no success. Wish an Aux Box were easily accessible.

I contemplated buying another aux box to test, will probably be my next move.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:49 AM

C43 Coupe - W205
One thought that I had:
I have purchased a Match 7UP DSP amplifier to replace the Burmester, I snagged a usb expansion module. Still waiting for it to arrive. I'm curious if connecting the head unit USB sound card to the input of the DSP would eliminate the AuxBox from the equation altogether, as well as the audio delay.

I wonder about the audio switching between the OEM unit (phone calls) and the USB input assuming the above will work.

Has anyone tried the USB output straight into a match DSP with the expansion module?
Old 04-28-2021, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 C300 4Matic Sport
One thought that I had:
I have purchased a Match 7UP DSP amplifier to replace the Burmester, I snagged a usb expansion module. Still waiting for it to arrive. I'm curious if connecting the head unit USB sound card to the input of the DSP would eliminate the AuxBox from the equation altogether, as well as the audio delay.

I wonder about the audio switching between the OEM unit (phone calls) and the USB input assuming the above will work.

Has anyone tried the USB output straight into a match DSP with the expansion module?
If you remove the Burmester app how are you getting audio input to the Match UP 7DSP?
​​​

The factory burmester amp uses Most150 fiber optic for inputs. You would need a Nav-tv Zen-m or a mobridge DA-G2.Standard unit.

...OR you tap into the speaker outs from the burmester app?

Old 04-28-2021, 01:34 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
W205
One thought that I had:

I haven't tried the USB input but I have a M5DSP and use https://www.startech.com/en-gb/cards...s/icusbaudio2d with optical SPDIF going to optical input on the amplifier and it works wonders.
In terms of switching sound there is an option in the DSP PC tool to make high level inputs the priority so if there is a phone call that comes through it automatically mutes the optical source and once it ends and no sound comes out of NTG it swaps back to optical all on its own.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:46 PM

C43 Coupe - W205
Originally Posted by benzdude
If you remove the Burmester app how are you getting audio input to the Match UP 7DSP?
​​​

The factory burmester amp uses Most150 fiber optic for inputs. You would need a Nav-tv Zen-m or a mobridge DA-G2.Standard unit.

...OR you tap into the speaker outs from the burmester app?
Seller is providing an adapter harness to retain factory wiring, haven't seen it yet though as it is still in transit.

​​​​​
Old 04-28-2021, 01:50 PM

C43 Coupe - W205
Originally Posted by PaulR7
I haven't tried the USB input but I have a M5DSP and use https://www.startech.com/en-gb/cards...s/icusbaudio2d with optical SPDIF going to optical input on the amplifier and it works wonders.
In terms of switching sound there is an option in the DSP PC tool to make high level inputs the priority so if there is a phone call that comes through it automatically mutes the optical source and once it ends and no sound comes out of NTG it swaps back to optical all on its own.
Interesting, also leaves the expansion port available.
​​​​​​
Might go that route in the end, might as well try the USB for now as I already have it.

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-29-2021, 11:24 AM

CLA
Hi All!
Help Me!! Please.
Ich habe N8 Pro Max. Wenn ich macht start Film oder Youtube dann tone kommt 2-3 sekunde später!!!! Warum? (USB AUX)
Old 04-29-2021, 06:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
AMG C43
My understandings is this is an issue with the USB AUX adapters. There is an audio delay. I recall all units have this issue with USB AUX. Not sure if there is a solution.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:45 AM

C350e
I am soon getting a 2016 W205, and I would like to upgrade to a 12 inch display. However there seems to be a lot of different brand names. Which receives most support from the developer and community? Is it the N600 Plus? What's the difference between that and the N8 Pro Max?
Another thing I have noticed is that if you run the OEM Mercedes system, the right side of the display does look a bit different betweeen each model. Is it possible to customize this side of the display?

I like the look of it here. But most seem to have an image showing a road with lines in it, looks a bit lower quality.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 250
Hello, can you tell some words about builid-in microphone? Is there some much differenece between android's microphone and car's microphone? Thanks
The following users liked this post:
johny-rock (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 11:25 PM

2013 C63 AMG, 2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by Adam Perkowski
Hello, can you tell some words about builid-in microphone? Is there some much differenece between android's microphone and car's microphone? Thanks
+1

I have the exact same question !

Old 05-13-2021, 11:39 PM

W205
Originally Posted by johny-rock
+1

I have the exact same question !
Honestly the built in mic sucks *** on these screens, even more so on a RHD car as the mic slot is always on the left hand side of the screen. There are some people who have desoldered the mic and replaced it with a higher quality and gain one which makes it bearable.
If you don't use the BT from the screen then using a USB DAC with an external mic is the way to go.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:51 PM

2013 C63 AMG, 2010 GLK350
I loved the Android on my previous GLK (Waze, Spotify, etc.) but the phone call quality is what prevents me from doing the upgrade on my 2015.

Wish we could continue using the built-in BT handfree when installing an Android screen ...

Even external mic solutions are always crappy
Old 05-13-2021, 11:53 PM

W205
Originally Posted by johny-rock
I loved the Android on my previous GLK (Waze, Spotify, etc.) but the phone call quality is what prevents me from doing the upgrade on my 2015.

Wish we could continue using the built-in BT handfree when installing an Android screen ...

Even external mic solutions are always crappy
I use a CarLinkIt dongle for Carplay and it uses the external mic that's connected to my USB DAC and it works quite well.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:07 PM

cls
Is it possible to connect sound via Bluetooth from the android to the head unit bypassing any need for aux cables?

Last edited by russhigg; 05-17-2021 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:49 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
GLK350 2013, GLC63S AMG

Hi guys, looks like i got a lemon, gps signal is very low on my unit, both waze/gmaps keep losing car position and orientation all the time rendering navi function on my unit completely unusable. Could you please install gps test app and post your signal strength screen to compare? I changed antennas, changed antenna location, nothing helps. Thanks in advance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 12.5" IPS Screen 8 core Android 10.0 Android Screen with built in Carplay 4G