Used AMG Challenge CLS55 at Keys Mercedes in Van Nuys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Used AMG Challenge CLS55 at Keys Mercedes in Van Nuys

The pewter on black CL55 that a forum member bought used from keys and had bought back is once again for sale.

It is one of the cars that MB sold after the AMG challenge and it does indeed have the gold brakes like the old poster claimed.

Their asking price is $98.9k.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up since there is no disclosure on the used car information sheet posted in the window.

Those crooks at Keys are always tryign to scam a customer.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Uh Oh...YaYo strikes again!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:07 PM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, CynCarvin-

I'm not sure if I would be willing to pay $98.9K USD for gold calipers -- or for a car that had definately been rode hard and put away wet (by several members here on these forums).

I might be willing to consider paying $98K if it had calipers like this though....
Attached Thumbnails Used AMG Challenge CLS55 at Keys Mercedes in Van Nuys-new-yo-yo-composite-magenta-calipers-medium-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2006, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55

Oh No...here we go again!
I smell a thread closing!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Well I guess its more about Yayo than the calipers
Old 02-06-2006, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
Lol, Oh god. That violet caliper is hawt.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
If I'm in the area I'm going to stop by and look at it...

Trending Topics

Old 02-07-2006, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
I really hope you guys are not mocking the post or yoyo (forget his exact name). Why is a guy mocked when he was taken for a ride by one of the most messed up Mercedes Benz Stealerships around.

He was lucky that people here informed him that his car was indeed used for track use and that he was successful in having the car bought back.

Either way I just dont think a second forum reader should unknowingly buy a car that has been flogged for 1400 miles before being given ner tiresm and rotors and sold as "a demo car."

Maybe I missed something but why was he so mocked in the last thread anyhow?
Old 02-07-2006, 02:53 AM

2004 E55
Yayo what's he driving now?

So what's YaYo as you call him driving now? First it was his E55 that I really wanted to buy, then his M5 that he sold, then the CLS, and he told me he was getting a Lambo, is he still posting? I haven't from him lately...
Old 02-07-2006, 03:07 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
I was working with an internet guy at Keyes as well as with guys at 10 other dealers to find the best price on a 2005 SL. I am going over the other deals with the guy from Keyes and am working with a 800+ score, not to mention he has the car I want in stock. The night I am supposed to drive down there he claims he has to leave early but the deal is done and he has gotten it approved by the GM and will be taking the keys home so its mine (so I wont go somewhere else...of course) The next morning he tells me to come down...I am an hour (without traffic) away....I call the showroom while in traffic and find out the car I want was sold that day and that there is only one SL left which I am not interested in. I call my guy and he claims its not sold.....I call BS and he says OMG someone sold it from under him but he has a great deal on another....what a *****. I have dealt with every dealer in or around LA and negotiated with all on 3 different cars over the last year...there is only 2 I would buy from and theyre sure as hell not Keyes. I understand the car business is cut throat but when selling cars of this caliber, respect is quite important in my book. They wasted my time and lied right to my face. PM me and I'll tell you who I do recommend.

Last edited by CY; 02-07-2006 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A Few
I don't understand what's going on here:

A used "AMG Challenge" CLS55 is on sale for $98k at Keyes with worn and corroded brakes and there is NO MENTION of it being in the challenge? How is this a) allowed to happen and b) no one has mentioned anything to Mercedes Benz of North America (including the board member that got scammed????)

The dealership has no right to sell this car at that price and they must list that it was tracked... Could seriously hurt the dealership if MBUSA found it? I think its only fair to let customers know, many will just look at it and thinks it's "just used"...
Old 02-07-2006, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I really hope you guys are not mocking the post or yoyo (forget his exact name). Why is a guy mocked when he was taken for a ride by one of the most messed up Mercedes Benz Stealerships around.

He was lucky that people here informed him that his car was indeed used for track use and that he was successful in having the car bought back.

Either way I just dont think a second forum reader should unknowingly buy a car that has been flogged for 1400 miles before being given ner tiresm and rotors and sold as "a demo car."

Maybe I missed something but why was he so mocked in the last thread anyhow?
I don't know Yayo but he started a THREAD asking why his calipers were gold.
Most members didn't believe him. After he provided pics, they accused him of photoshopping them (hence the purple calipers above). When he said that Keyes agreed to buy the car back, he became a liar

The topic went way off topic but I'm glad a member verified that the car with the gold calipers exists.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by dakrisht
I don't understand what's going on here:

A used "AMG Challenge" CLS55 is on sale for $98k at Keyes with worn and corroded brakes and there is NO MENTION of it being in the challenge? How is this a) allowed to happen and b) no one has mentioned anything to Mercedes Benz of North America (including the board member that got scammed????)

The dealership has no right to sell this car at that price and they must list that it was tracked... Could seriously hurt the dealership if MBUSA found it? I think its only fair to let customers know, many will just look at it and thinks it's "just used"...
Well I should clear this up a bit for you. The car is not falling apart and it is not sitting there with worn tires and cracked rotors. The car was "re-conditioned" before it could be put on the market. They repair any worn suspension parts, replace the pads and rotors, give the car new tires and clean off all rubber cone marks.

As it sits now the only sign it was raced is the fact that the very warm brakes tend to turn painted calipers a form of brown. The more you drive a car at the track the deeper the color gets. If it were not for the calipers the car would just look like any old used car!

The dealership is told what the car was used for before they purchase it from MB. MB has the right to sell their cars as used cars but it is really up to the dealership to disclose what the car was used for. You dont have to say what it was used for by law but it sure would be nice to know.

Keys always has a stack of "used" AMG cars that they purchase for dealerships in the mid-west or back east (where demand is far lower). They always ask "over sticker" or sticker when the car has 1500 miles on it or so. This car in question is not worthless but I sure think a discount below sticker would be in order.

MB sells the car to keys at a discount but keys is trying to make a little extra cash buy selling the car at full list. The blame really rests on Keys and not MBNA. I personally dont expect them to just crush all the cars used at the amg challenge but a discount is in order. They discount the car to the dealership in the hope that the customer will see the same discount. Keys however does not care about honesty and would rather make an extra 5k on a used car.

I would feel fine owning that car given it has a warranty but I might want a 8 year warranty thown in to make me feel better. This all assumes I paid 5-10k back of dealer cost for a equally spec'd new car and not "over sticker."

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 02-07-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Well I should clear this up a bit for you. The car is not falling apart and it is not sitting there with worn tires and cracked rotors. The car was "re-conditioned" before it could be put on the market. They repair any worn suspension parts, replace the pads and rotors, give the car new tires and clean off all rubber cone marks.

As it sits now the only sign it was raced is the fact that the very warm brakes tend to turn painted calipers a form of brown. The more you drive a car at the track the deeper the color gets. If it were not for the calipers the car would just look like any old used car!

The dealership is told what the car was used for before they purchase it from MB. MB has the right to sell their cars as used cars but it is really up to the dealership to disclose what the car was used for. You dont have to say what it was used for by law but it sure would be nice to know.

Keys always has a stack of "used" AMG cars that they purchase for dealerships in the mid-west or back east (where demand is far lower). They always ask "over sticker" or sticker when the car has 1500 miles on it or so. This car in question is not worthless but I sure think a discount below sticker would be in order.

MB sells the car to keys at a discount but keys is trying to make a little extra cash buy selling the car at full list. The blame really rests on Keys and not MBNA. I personally dont expect them to just crush all the cars used at the amg challenge but a discount is in order. They discount the car to the dealership in the hope that the customer will see the same discount. Keys however does not care about honesty and would rather make an extra 5k on a used car.

I would feel fine owning that car given it has a warranty but I might want a 8 year warranty thown in to make me feel better. This all assumes I paid 5-10k back of dealer cost for the car and not "over sticker."
I'm not so sure you're right. Rob Allen told us at last year's Challenge that MB legal makes them put "stickers all over the place" disclosing that the car was used in that purpose.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by cte430
I'm not so sure you're right. Rob Allen told us at last year's Challenge that MB legal makes them put "stickers all over the place" disclosing that the car was used in that purpose.
I think we all have learned that people tell the public a lot of things just to make people happy. Telling you they just sell the cars used would make the public (the people at the event) angry and that would be the last thing he wants to do. MB is not selling the public some hazardous car here. It has just been driven hard.

Like I said the dealership is told what the car was used for. So the disclosure was made. The dealership is "on the hook" here but stating the car is a used demo is about all the law forces you to do.

No one knows exactly if this car WAS for sure used at the amg challenge. All we know is that it was driven very hard and that the brakes turned gold. I could do that to any amg car in about 30 minutes time -- done it before and will likely do it again!

The fact that Keys took the car back shows that they know its not exactly the run of the mill used car but there are people out there who will buy it and NEVER know the difference.

There has never been a car on Ebay or autotrader (which i have seen) that was an "amg challenge" used car. There at least 100 AMG's used at the events so if they were to be so branded by MBNA I think we would have seen one such car by now. I have a hunch they are just sold as demonstration vehicles.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 02-07-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:21 PM

Sold
I saw a silver on black CLS55 in the showroom at Keyes this morning. Had ~3400 miles on it, and the gold rear calipers. Rear rotors looked pretty bad too. The front, looked like maybe the calipers had been replaced. No stickers anywhere saying it was a challenge car.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Old 02-18-2006, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Old 02-18-2006, 12:37 PM

Sold
you saying im a :liar: ?