C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

What are your best times at the drag strip?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its not a full size but ya i had the spare in the car im goin to put the ticket on here i just need to fix my scanner
Old 03-20-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
Originally Posted by AaronC
I find that the car is MUCH slower at the drag strip in dyno mode, then with ESP simply set to off. I think, as BMW Instructor pointed out, that the car is faster on a road course with it in Dyno Mode.

Road Course I.E Autocross??

I am taking my C32 to a SCCA event this next weekend (March 26th '06): I guess I can run a heat with ESP off then one in Dyno mode and report back
Old 03-23-2006, 07:03 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
12.7 @ 110.3 !! mods in sig....
hi dead ringer, did you run 12.7 with your 19's or stock 17's? do you remember what your 60-foot time was? thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 11:58 PM

1. Best ET: 12.38 @ 114.05MPH; 60' - 1.86
2. Best MPH: same as above
3. Temp: 50F
4. Mods: RENNTech ECU and Pulley Kit, SL55 intake splitter, Greenfilter USA filters, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, Optima Battery, 18" Renntech Monolites
5. Tires: Nitto NT555

Last edited by FongFlex; 03-25-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by FongFlex
4. Mods: RENNTech ECU and Pulley Kit, SL55 intake splitter, Greenfilter USA filters, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, Optima Battery, 18" Renntech Monolites
AWESOME run! the trap and et look strong, and the 60 foot looks great =) did you ever dyno your car? if so, do you remember what numbers you ran? the trap speed is very very strong
Old 03-25-2006, 12:33 AM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
hi dead ringer, did you run 12.7 with your 19's or stock 17's? do you remember what your 60-foot time was? thanks
19's, 60' was 1.9....
WOW Fong that time is killer! Low 12's with same mods as mine... wonder if the tires and rims make that much of a difference...??

Also what optima battery, I am guessing the red top but do you remember what model number and does it weigh any less than the stocker...

Last edited by Dead Ringer; 03-25-2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:13 PM

02 C32R
Fong, where are you located at, just wondering as if you are close to sea level, since we are so close in mods but your times blow mine away I am wondering what the factors are.....
Old 03-25-2006, 01:33 PM

i go to capitol raceway which is in maryland. i think it's close to sea level. yesterday, it was also great conditions too in terms of humidity and temp.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
FongFlex is the man.... i knew with our mods that the C32 had what it takes to run those amazing times...

whats your take on that eisenman exhaust though?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:27 PM

with eisenmann exhaust, i only bought it for the sound and didn't expect anything in terms of performance. after running these times, i'm not exactly sure what to think; although i lean more towards the side that it might give me at most 1-2 extra hp.

i guess the only way to figure out what the eisenmann can do is to try one yourself

i also think that i benefit from great weather and a pretty well prepped track and being at sea level.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by KompressorKev
AWESOME run! the trap and et look strong, and the 60 foot looks great =) did you ever dyno your car? if so, do you remember what numbers you ran? the trap speed is very very strong
i have dyno'ed my car. my results were 315.3hp at 6120 rpms, 300.9 ft-lbs at 4400 rpms (numbers adjusted to sea level). you can check out the graph at bnzsport.

http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/index...opic=14846&hl=

if i remember correctly, these numbers are quite a bit below benzoamgpower; i think at least by 15hp. i was quite disappointed in my numbers, but after running these times, my new dyno is the quarter mile.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
i have dyno'ed my car. my results were 315.3hp at 6120 rpms, 300.9 ft-lbs at 4400 rpms (numbers adjusted to sea level). you can check out the graph at bnzsport.

http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/index...opic=14846&hl=

if i remember correctly, these numbers are quite a bit below benzoamgpower; i think at least by 15hp. i was quite disappointed in my numbers, but after running these times, my new dyno is the quarter mile.
seemed a bit low... I dynod my car at 327rwhp and 337rwtq!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:53 PM

i agree that my numbers are low, but there's no denying that my car is strong. i've seen an SMG M3 run on the same track, and his numbers were, if i remember correctly, no better than 13.3. this only confirms that the mods are working.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
i agree that my numbers are low, but there's no denying that my car is strong. i've seen an SMG M3 run on the same track, and his numbers were, if i remember correctly, no better than 13.3. this only confirms that the mods are working.
your C32 is a true inspiration.... those times are definately amazing!!
Old 04-01-2006, 04:43 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Fongflex you are my hero!!! Your R/T was bad and those numbers are really awesome and your car minus your R/T was 7 in the 1/8 mile and that is fricken crazy man!!!

I just ran an 1/8 mile at 30ft above sea level at the Lowcountry dragway and got a 8.06 @ 79.9mph. I have a stock C32 and I have rounded up to the nearest 1/100. I have BF Goodrich gForce tires, are the Nitto's better?

I raced a 05 Acura RSX type S with racing exhaust and cold air intake and beat him in the 1/8 mile by 1.5 seconds. I am sure most of you drag guys have experienced this time and time again as the Japanese tuner folks are always surprised to get beat so badly.

I am thinking of the Kleeman pulley kit with ECU flash done (basically the computer knows you have an extra 2.0 psi and governer is set to 186mph) and a complete exhaust system (headers pipes and muffler). Any advice on where to get good headers and complete exhaust system? I wanted Kleeman headers but they do not offer them for the C32.

Last edited by Dykemyster; 04-01-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dykemyster
Fongflex you are my hero!!! Your R/T was bad and those numbers are really awesome and your car minus your R/T was 7 in the 1/8 mile and that is fricken crazy man!!!

I just ran an 1/8 mile at 30ft above sea level at the Lowcountry dragway and got a 8.06 @ 79.9mph. I have a stock C32 and I have rounded up to the nearest 1/100. I have BF Goodrich gForce tires, are the Nitto's better?

I raced a 05 Acura RSX type S with racing exhaust and cold air intake and beat him in the 1/8 mile by 1.5 seconds. I am sure most of you drag guys have experienced this time and time again as the Japanese tuner folks are always surprised to get beat so badly.

I am thinking of the Kleeman pulley kit with ECU flash done (basically the computer knows you have an extra 2.0 psi and governer is set to 186mph) and a complete exhaust system (headers pipes and muffler). Any advice on where to get good headers and complete exhaust system? I wanted Kleeman headers but they do not offer them for the C32.
thanks for the compliments. what is your time without substracting your reaction time since the r/t isn't factored in to your 1/8th time. that being said, your car seems to be pretty strong in stock form.

in terms of Nittos vs. BF Goodrich tires, i can't say much. i've only driven on the nittos for a few hundred miles or so, but so far they are grippier in turns compared to the Michelin Pilot A/S that originally came with the car. not sure if they hook up better since i think my 60 ft times with the nittos are very similar to when i had the michelins on. never had BF goodrichs, but if your 60 ft is as good as mine, then i'd say they're just as good hooking up.

it's definitely worth it to get the chip and pulley. i haven't heard of anyone with the kleeman kit, but i'm sure they're just as good as renntech since it looks like a very similar kit. i chose renntech since many people had installed it previously and really stood behind the product.

in terms of headers, i wanted to get them but they are way over my price range since it provides very little in terms of bang for the buck. if i remember correctly, i thought kleeman does offer headers for the c32, but they were priced at over $3500. i know that supersprint offers headers for the c32 and they're around $2500. again, i don't think these are great options to gain another 20hp.

i don't know much about full custom exhaust systems. if you do choose to go this route, remember that aftermarket ecu will not be in tune with the changes with the exhaust upgrade. i'm not sure if this affects the performance of the car overall, but do some research or ask around before you go this route.

great to see another enthusiast get hooked by the drag racing bug. remember, taking things out of your car is also another great way to run faster times, such as the spare tire, floor mats, new battery, etc... keep us updated with the mods.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:15 PM

2003 C32 AMG
thanks for the compliments. what is your time without substracting your reaction time since the r/t isn't factored in to your 1/8th time. that being said, your car seems to be pretty strong in stock form.

in terms of Nittos vs. BF Goodrich tires, i can't say much. i've only driven on the nittos for a few hundred miles or so, but so far they are grippier in turns compared to the Michelin Pilot A/S that originally came with the car. not sure if they hook up better since i think my 60 ft times with the nittos are very similar to when i had the michelins on. never had BF goodrichs, but if your 60 ft is as good as mine, then i'd say they're just as good hooking up.

it's definitely worth it to get the chip and pulley. i haven't heard of anyone with the kleeman kit, but i'm sure they're just as good as renntech since it looks like a very similar kit. i chose renntech since many people had installed it previously and really stood behind the product.

in terms of headers, i wanted to get them but they are way over my price range since it provides very little in terms of bang for the buck. if i remember correctly, i thought kleeman does offer headers for the c32, but they were priced at over $3500. i know that supersprint offers headers for the c32 and they're around $2500. again, i don't think these are great options to gain another 20hp.

i don't know much about full custom exhaust systems. if you do choose to go this route, remember that aftermarket ecu will not be in tune with the changes with the exhaust upgrade. i'm not sure if this affects the performance of the car overall, but do some research or ask around before you go this route.

great to see another enthusiast get hooked by the drag racing bug. remember, taking things out of your car is also another great way to run faster times, such as the spare tire, floor mats, new battery, etc... keep us updated with the mods.
Oh great speedy one, those numbers are with my R/T taken out (very similar to yours in fact). Yes, I was checking out this hot chick in the stands (I swear it was my sexy wife ;-)

I was told (by a Kleeman representative) that I would see between a 35-40 hp increase with their pulley kit, however, their pulley/ecu kit is very expensive. Are they pulling my leg? The idea of a complete exhaust has me really excited because I hear the gains are very good in the V6 Kompressor but I will for sure get the car tuned if I decide to do this.

I am going to go check out all of the renntech stuff now.

Question for all - what is the coolest car you have beat in a race?
Old 04-03-2006, 05:58 PM

dykemyster - the idea of a full exhaust is very appealing. i've thought about it a little bit and this is what i've come up with. i think if you want good power, get Evosport headers (they are ceramic coated), take out the two 2ndary cats (there is no oxygen sensor behind them so no check engine light), and remove the resonator. if you want the sound to be civil, keep the stock muffler, as i am told it flows well already. i have the eisenmann race of which i really like the sound but 1) it is expensive for what you get (just a rear section), 2) it is loud now so i am hesitant to remove my rear cats and resonator (doing so would free up a little power). if you want a nice look go with eisenmann sport or supersprint, i believe the race muffler with no 2ndary cats and no resonator configuration would be too loud!

there are a lot of choices for pullies, kleemann and renntech and evosport systems and asp pullies are all very good, and i have heard people's stories of success with each other them. kleemann, renntech, and asp have rubber pullies which weld on an outer ring to the crank pulley to achieve a larger diameter, which if i remember correctly, is about 7 inches. a water pump and accessories pulley is also included in each kit i believe.

from a price point, i believe kleemann retails around $3395, evosport around $2800, renntech around $3495, and asp around $900 (does not include ECU tuning, which kleemann and renntech do - ecu tuning from companies like powerchip is around $1000). so figure for an equal comparison of pulley/ecu combo, asp can range from $1400-1900.

evosport machines their pullies out of aluminum, which is lighter than the others. there is some debate about the lack of a harmonic damper on their crank pulley (the others have the factory harmonic damper), but i haven't heard much actual evidence of negative side affects due to this design peculiarity. i remember hearing that evosport will release a harmonic-dampened version of their overdrive pullies, though i was also told that the harmonic damper is not absoultely vital - i think it is more for peace of mind, but it may have its benefits, who knows? evosport is a little cheaper than kleemann or renntech and does include an intercooler cooling kit as well. the highest dynoing cars i have heard of are evosport pulley equipped

i havne't heard of too many kleemann-ized c32's, but this lack of popularity would not deter me from going the kleemann route because of their success and presence with the M113K motor E55's. it's unfortunate there aren't too many kleemann c32's around, since they have built a solid reputation and customer basis with many other cars and their products look great.

renntech seems to have a very similar design to kleemann. the fastest timed c32's i believe run renntech pulley/ecu combo, though they are not necessarily the highest dyno-ing cars. perhaps other tuner cars are just as fast, maybe slower, maybe faster, but they have not been tested as quick as some (customers' cars). track condition and the varying conditions of each run, driver, weight and tire/wheel combination all sort of make comparison irrelevant, but as it does stand, the fastest c32s that i know of are renntech pullley/ecu cars.

asp pullies are not as popular, because i believe they are not sold as a kit. rather, they are a one-off custom job where you send in your pulley to be worked on (design which i believe is similar to renntech and kleemann). they are the cheapest however, and share design with more expensive kits. the fastest timed pulley-only (no ecu tuning, no headers) c32 i have heard of ran just asp pullies. i would like to see what it can do with tuning and supporting mods. i have asp pullies and so far they have been great! i can't compare to other pullied cars cause i haven't ridden in them but the asp's pull hard

good luck in your search
Old 04-10-2006, 12:24 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
went to the track tonight...

2.1 60'
13.6 1/4
104 mph

not too bad for bone stock...just wanted to get a baseline before i start modding it...
Old 06-26-2006, 12:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
Included in my sig

13.03 @ 111.00mph
2.038 60'

The fastest I have seen it though was with my 160LB friend driving (much better at drag racing/launch)

12.97 @ 109.67mph
1.970 60"
Old 07-09-2006, 04:45 PM

Fong:

How are you launching your c32?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by vntperformance
Fong:

How are you launching your c32?
well, for the c32, this is what I do. I have first do a nice burnout, making sure there is smoke coming from my back tires. Then I get up to the line, I have the car shifted into first gear and get my revs to about 1500rpm's. Once the light goes to the third yellow, I gradually but quickly let go of the brake as I gradually but quickly press the throttle. The key for me is to make sure I don't lose any traction, which means not being too aggressive on the throttle.

I've tried launching at different rpm's and anything higher causes wheelspin and anything lower is pretty much like a standing start.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:43 PM
SPONSOR

13.3 @ 103
1.9 60'
Old 07-20-2006, 09:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Holy crap! Yes it was nice and cold, but 12.38 and Normally Aspirated? Wow! ...and Thanx for the mod list! I wanna clone that list on mine.

BTW, what tire's you running? I find there's a difference of about 4 lbs between the top tires. My calculations have shown me that the moment of inertia of a 1 lb difference in tire weight can be worth something like 3 lbs of rim weight (all depending on the design of the rim); so a 4 lb heavier tire can be the equiv. of a 12 lb heavier rim. So just wondering what tire & sizes it is you run too, if it's one of the lighter ones or what (thank you TireRack for publishing the weights).

Thanx much.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:49 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by c55m8o
Holy crap! Yes it was nice and cold, but 12.38 and Normally Aspirated? Wow! ...and Thanx for the mod list! I wanna clone that list on mine.

BTW, what tire's you running? I find there's a difference of about 4 lbs between the top tires. My calculations have shown me that the moment of inertia of a 1 lb difference in tire weight can be worth something like 3 lbs of rim weight (all depending on the design of the rim); so a 4 lb heavier tire can be the equiv. of a 12 lb heavier rim. So just wondering what tire & sizes it is you run too, if it's one of the lighter ones or what (thank you TireRack for publishing the weights).

Thanx much.
Fong is driving a C32, which is supercharged...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What are your best times at the drag strip?