C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

An open letter to my customers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An open letter to my customers

Lately, there have been a number of complaints about my company involving various matters. As some of you might know, I have set up another new business a few months ago. From preparation to opening, it has taken a lot of my time with the massive work load and pressure and has quickly reached to a point when I simply do not have enough time to take care of other business (such as daily operation of Harton Motorwerks). I started relying heavily on my accountant for most operational matters such as issuing checks, placing orders with suppliers etc. And for shipping, I have set up a new warehouse in FL served as a hub re-directing all incoming orders to US customers. It was until very recently that I found out people I trust the most are the ones who betrayed me. Some orders are placed incorrectly, accounts payable checks have never been sent, orders are sent to the wrong location or simply sent out the wrong parts to the customers. And the worst part of all, a criminal investigation is underway to find out the truth for all these hick-ups. This is a total mismanagement on my behalf and I can blame nobody but myself. For those who have talked to me before, I think you all know I ALWAYS honor my words, always try to be as honest as possible and list out all the options for my customers, I don't care about making money as long as the customer is happy. We only own our cars for so many years and if you are spending your hard earned money to dress up your car, better get something that you truly enjoy and have fun with.

For those pending orders, I will look through order after order and make sure your parts will be sending out as soon as possible. Please give me some time. I am not running away with your money. As some of you might already been notified, either your orders will be completely free from me or I will knock off 50%. Just want to show you that I am very serious and sincere about solving the problems.

For those I promised to send you checks (regardless of the nature), I will do so as soon as possible. I have to make some arrangement to transfer my personal funds to the company. I know there have been excuses after excuses, I have been mis-informed (or simply say CHEATED) for the whole time. Some have waited for months. I will, for sure, make things right for you. I am financially capable of doing that.

It has been a very memorable 3 1/2 years meeting fellow car enthusiasts and having some very good customers to support me. Those who know me well enough know making money is never my top priority. It's just I have always been a Mercedes fans, that’s why I am turning my hobby into a small business. Fortunately (and unfortunately), the company has grown much faster than I expected. I feel very bad that I have let some of you down and I am TRULY sorry about it. The ***** have dropped big time, there is no question about it. I will personally dig down to the very bottom and have ALL problems rectified. I might be stepping away from the company after all these have been said and done or I might just my partners to take over it (no final decision has been made for now). I have spent a lot of time and effort to build the company and I can guarantee that ALL of my unhappy customers will be taken care of. I dare to say it on a public forum because I am very sure and confident that I can do it.

p.s. for all correspondence, please send to my e-mail. I do not encourage anyone to leave your reply here.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
damn...

Originally Posted by Harris
Lately, there have been a number of complaints about my company involving various matters. As some of you might know, I have set up another new business a few months ago. From preparation to opening, it has taken a lot of my time with the massive work load and pressure and has quickly reached to a point when I simply do not have enough time to take care of other business (such as daily operation of Harton Motorwerks). I started relying heavily on my accountant for most operational matters such as issuing checks, placing orders with suppliers etc. And for shipping, I have set up a new warehouse in FL served as a hub re-directing all incoming orders to US customers. It was until very recently that I found out people I trust the most are the ones who betrayed me. Some orders are placed incorrectly, accounts payable checks have never been sent, orders are sent to the wrong location or simply sent out the wrong parts to the customers. And the worst part of all, a criminal investigation is underway to find out the truth for all these hick-ups. This is a total mismanagement on my behalf and I can blame nobody but myself. For those who have talked to me before, I think you all know I ALWAYS honor my words, always try to be as honest as possible and list out all the options for my customers, I don't care about making money as long as the customer is happy. We only own our cars for so many years and if you are spending your hard earned money to dress up your car, better get something that you truly enjoy and have fun with.

For those pending orders, I will look through order after order and make sure your parts will be sending out as soon as possible. Please give me some time. I am not running away with your money. As some of you might already been notified, either your orders will be completely free from me or I will knock off 50%. Just want to show you that I am very serious and sincere about solving the problems.

For those I promised to send you checks (regardless of the nature), I will do so as soon as possible. I have to make some arrangement to transfer my personal funds to the company. I know there have been excuses after excuses, I have been mis-informed (or simply say CHEATED) for the whole time. Some have waited for months. I will, for sure, make things right for you. I am financially capable of doing that.

It has been a very memorable 3 1/2 years meeting fellow car enthusiasts and having some very good customers to support me. Those who know me well enough know making money is never my top priority. It's just I have always been a Mercedes fans, that’s why I am turning my hobby into a small business. Fortunately (and unfortunately), the company has grown much faster than I expected. I feel very bad that I have let some of you down and I am TRULY sorry about it. The ***** have dropped big time, there is no question about it. I will personally dig down to the very bottom and have ALL problems rectified. I might be stepping away from the company after all these have been said and done or I might just my partners to take over it (no final decision has been made for now). I have spent a lot of time and effort to build the company and I can guarantee that ALL of my unhappy customers will be taken care of. I dare to say it on a public forum because I am very sure and confident that I can do it.

p.s. for all correspondence, please send to my e-mail. I do not encourage anyone to leave your reply here.
WOW, never bought anything directly from you but you sound like an honest and hard working businessman. good luck with the whole situation.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Harris, keep your head up my friend. I'm sure things will work out for the best in the end. I have just recently made several large purchases from Harton Motorwerks after being friends with Harris since 2002 or so. Harris is a great guy and most important, he's an honest businessman who is not afraid to admit his mistakes.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This makes me want to order stuff from you. It is hard to find passionate business owners in this field. It may be your greatest unrealized asset. If you hang in there, then I'll buy a "Ring" specific AMG suspension from you.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:18 PM

06' CLS 500
I agree, Harris has been nothing but helpful and very courteous in helping me with my MB. Through all the questions and e-mails Harris has always been prompt and accurate with all his information. I second that Harris is a great guy and an honest businessman. I would do business with him again any day.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
It is not easy to be in a business, my brother - a nice guy , was once in a very difficult situation because of a guy working for him turned his back on him and joined another company (competitor) taken all insider information. Harris sounds a nice and honest guy to me. I have not bought anything from him yet and I am sure I will like to give him business.

cnt
Old 08-10-2005, 02:05 PM

Obsidian E55
Harris

I also have done business with harris and i live in the UK.
Harris is a well known respectable person in which i enjoyed doing bussniess with with as his word was as good as a bankers craft,i have full faith in him and am sure all those that are pending goods/monies from Harris will be happily compensated in either way.

Keep up the good work Harris, this forum stands to lose an honest business person if you decide to step aside afterwards.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:22 PM

E-mailed you Harris, when you get a chance call me and keep it going strong with the business...K!
Old 08-10-2005, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AC Schnitzer E46
Like everyone said before... you sound like a great and honest business man... wish I knew about you before hand!

I hope you stay in business because I would love to give you my business as well!

Hope everything works out for you; good luck mate!

Regards
Old 08-10-2005, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Very honorable, what you're doing here. You're a good man, and a good businessman!
Old 08-10-2005, 04:10 PM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Wow, if only everyone had your nobility and honor this world would be truly magnificent.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
While I too have yet to purchase from you, it is "Good" to know that you are
an honorable person. One who belives in customer satisfaction
Old 08-10-2005, 05:53 PM

06 CLS55
Nice

Really want to help,get your site up so I can buy some stuff. C55 comp bumper from Germany???? :v
Old 08-10-2005, 08:00 PM

clk 500 (wifey's); 350Z roadster (daily driver); 350Z coupe (track car)
Harris
I am proud to count myself as one of your very first customers. I always appreciated your help and advice.
Hope everything works out.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:01 PM

SLK32
Keep your head up Harris it will all work out in the end.

I have ordered from Harris in the past. Great service and always willing to answer any questions.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
dude sounds like you knew for months it was ****ed up.........
Old 08-10-2005, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
All I know is, if I'm a customer I wouldn't care less as to why, who, or how. A vendor takes my money, they better deliver as promised. It's that simple. Can't deliver? Don't take someone's money.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hopefully his "Site" will be up and running soon
Old 08-12-2005, 07:39 PM

What a novel concept!!!

Let's forgive bad performance because of "honesty" and good intentions. Mr. Harris is a "victim". Reminds me of the teenager, who after killing his parents, asked for the leniency of the court because he was an orphan. I wouldn't do business with him with your money.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Harris,
sending e-mail regarding my "AMG" front bumper....

please reply.

Carlos
Saprissa@aol.com
Old 08-12-2005, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
I would say that both sides are correct:

1. When you choose to go into business for yourself, "the buck stops" with you, and the f-ups of your staff are really yours. Believe me, I know this as well as anyone. If my secretary or paralegal screws up something (and, believe me, they have) its not like I can go to the client or judge and say "don't blame me, it was my accountant's fault." Hell no. I get to pay for their bonehead moves.

2. On the other hand, Harris is obviously apologetic (I don't even know what bad he did) and trying to start afresh. We all make mistakes, don't we (vicariously, or personally)? It sounds like Harris got distracted by a new business venture and neglected the old one. I'm sure that he's the first person on this forum to do that.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vomit
I would say that both sides are correct:

1. When you choose to go into business for yourself, "the buck stops" with you, and the f-ups of your staff are really yours. Believe me, I know this as well as anyone. If my secretary or paralegal screws up something (and, believe me, they have) its not like I can go to the client or judge and say "don't blame me, it was my accountant's fault." Hell no. I get to pay for their bonehead moves.

2. On the other hand, Harris is obviously apologetic (I don't even know what bad he did) and trying to start afresh. We all make mistakes, don't we (vicariously, or personally)? It sounds like Harris got distracted by a new business venture and neglected the old one. I'm sure that he's the first person on this forum to do that.
Well expressed by a "Barrister???" I believe that he will do his best to correct the mistakes
Old 08-13-2005, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hartonmotorwerks adds a much needed nitch to performance products for our car because of access to Europe only parts such as Nurburgring specific suspension kits and authentic AMG limited slip diffs with better ratios. Loosing this avenue of procurement would be a huge loss to us all. Let's hope Harris pulls it together and keeps on going.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:49 PM

05 C55, BMWX 3.0, Subaru Forester (Shaggin Wagon)
Harris, I've never bought from you but I have interacted with you on the forum a couple of times.

Some people choose to live in the shadows.....some live in the sunlight such as yourself.....

Very honorable and the difficulties will pass.....I think this whole forum supports you.....

Hang in......
Old 08-14-2005, 03:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
This is good to know. In case I ever wanna f*ck my customers as long as I come back here and apologize I will be an honorable man! Very good to know!

First thing you learn in business is you can't trust anyone!

Last edited by BlackC230Coupe; 08-14-2005 at 03:34 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: An open letter to my customers