new c32 questions .....help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everything and anything
new c32 questions .....help

I picked up my 03 c32 couple weeks ago.
I've been having alot of fun with it, but I have a couple questions for all of you.

First where can I buy Zaino products from?, you all seem to highly recommend this product. I am from the east coast, are there dealers here?. I read the detail section in forum, but could not find a listing for Zaino.

Second , have you ever tried Zymol car care products?, I had a bmw m3 in black/black,( traded on c32 ), and used it on that vehicle with great results, but I'm unsure if its a good enough product for the c32.

Third how in the heck do we program the garage openers for our vehicles?, I read the owners maual, did as exactly as instructed , but still not working. Is it because my openers are the kind that scrambles the code every time it is used. The brand I'm using are lift masters.

Fourth, How do I program the exterior lights to stay on briefly to show your way to the vehicle at night. I saw this option on the 02 clk, so I'm sure its available for the c32.

Fifth, Im wondering if there are any of you from the washington dc area?

Thankyou, for helping me on this

Marc
Old 08-15-2002, 12:20 PM

2002 C32 AMG Orion Blue Charcoal/Blue
1. www.zainobros.com

2. I have tried Zymol but am completely satisfied with Zaino. Be sure to use their ZFX product; it will make the job much easier.

3. It can be a bit tricky. Call the 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES line and they should be able to walk you through it.

4. It is controlled through the settings menu on your info display. It's easy to change if you refer to the owners manual.

5. Fairfax, VA owner here.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
Re: new c32 questions .....help

Question 1/2: You can get Zaino from www.zainobros.com. Follow the directions carefully. When it comes to car care products, people should use what they like. Realize Zaino is a sealant and Zymol is a carnauba wax. Here is something from a c32 FAQ, I agree...

Here are some recommendations:

Zaino - An excellent choice. A polymer based product with top notch shine and protection. Durability is at least 6 months. Additional layers are easy to apply. Zaino has a large following.

Klasse Sealer Glaze - An excellent choice. A polymer based product with top notch shine and protection. Durability is at least 6 months. Additional layers are easy to apply. Use Klasse All-in-One before applying this product.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax - Arguably the best looking product available. But it's not very durable (4 to 8 weeks) and it's $70 a can.

P21S Paste Wax - An excellent wax, top notch shine, and VERY easy to apply and remove. Low durability (4 to 8 weeks). Many say it looks as good as Souveran and it's only $24 a can. It will not make wax stains on black trim. (note also that S100 brand paste wax is the same as P21S, but costs $15/can)

The first two products are synthetic and the second two are natural. Basically the difference is that the synthetic sealants last longer and have a brighter shine. However, the natural carnauba waxes have more "depth" in the look, but don't last as long. What color is your car? These products look better on certain cars than others.

Question 3: The directions in the manual are incorrect. You have to use the learning button on your garage opener unit. I forgot the exact method, so please call Mercedes and they will tell you the CORRECT way.

Question 4: Scroll through the settings menu using the steering wheel to set this up. If you had a CLK, you should know how to do this. If not, look it up in the manual.

THe manual is VERY useful, I suggest you read it.

Hope that helped.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:51 PM

everything and anything
Re: Re: new c32 questions .....help

Originally posted by JustinTRW
Question 1/2: You can get Zaino from www.zainobros.com. Follow the directions carefully. When it comes to car care products, people should use what they like. Realize Zaino is a sealant and Zymol is a carnauba wax. Here is something from a c32 FAQ, I agree...

Here are some recommendations:

Zaino - An excellent choice. A polymer based product with top notch shine and protection. Durability is at least 6 months. Additional layers are easy to apply. Zaino has a large following.

Klasse Sealer Glaze - An excellent choice. A polymer based product with top notch shine and protection. Durability is at least 6 months. Additional layers are easy to apply. Use Klasse All-in-One before applying this product.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax - Arguably the best looking product available. But it's not very durable (4 to 8 weeks) and it's $70 a can.

P21S Paste Wax - An excellent wax, top notch shine, and VERY easy to apply and remove. Low durability (4 to 8 weeks). Many say it looks as good as Souveran and it's only $24 a can. It will not make wax stains on black trim. (note also that S100 brand paste wax is the same as P21S, but costs $15/can)

The first two products are synthetic and the second two are natural. Basically the difference is that the synthetic sealants last longer and have a brighter shine. However, the natural carnauba waxes have more "depth" in the look, but don't last as long. What color is your car? These products look better on certain cars than others.

Question 3: The directions in the manual are incorrect. You have to use the learning button on your garage opener unit. I forgot the exact method, so please call Mercedes and they will tell you the CORRECT way.

Question 4: Scroll through the settings menu using the steering wheel to set this up. If you had a CLK, you should know how to do this. If not, look it up in the manual.

THe manual is VERY useful, I suggest you read it.

Hope that helped.
Justin,

Thanks for the info.

I think i will go ahead and order the zaino.

the situation with the exterior light im still missing, I know how to use the steering controls to access the information screens, ( I had clk 430, whick was replaced with ml500).
As for colors both the ML500, and c32 are brilliant silver.

Thanks Again
Old 08-15-2002, 12:53 PM

everything and anything
Originally posted by Carl AMG
1. www.zainobros.com

2. I have tried Zymol but am completely satisfied with Zaino. Be sure to use their ZFX product; it will make the job much easier.

3. It can be a bit tricky. Call the 1-800-FOR-MERCEDES line and they should be able to walk you through it.

4. It is controlled through the settings menu on your info display. It's easy to change if you refer to the owners manual.

5. Fairfax, VA owner here.
Thanks for info Carl, its a pleasure to hear from someone in the area here. Since I hardly ever see one of these cars on the road

Marc
Old 08-15-2002, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 AMG
Unhappy Garage door opening

you have to hold the button on the mirror in for a verrrrrrry long time. At first I thought mine wasn't working until I realized I had to hold in the button for at least a full minute before it "captured" the signal. While sitting in your car, press and hold the button to open the garage door, using the garage door remote, The press homelink button, holding both buttons down until it blinks, at this point it should work. Be patient, it can take awhile.

Last edited by Taucher; 08-15-2002 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-15-2002, 03:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
Re: Re: Re: new c32 questions .....help

Originally posted by marc32

Justin,

Thanks for the info.

I think i will go ahead and order the zaino.

the situation with the exterior light im still missing, I know how to use the steering controls to access the information screens, ( I had clk 430, whick was replaced with ml500).
As for colors both the ML500, and c32 are brilliant silver.

Thanks Again
Mark32,

There is a screen called "settings" - in this menu is a submenu called "lighting", and a parameter called "Headlights delayed switch off" that allows you to set the delay on your exterior lights.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Marc,

Congratulations on your new C32 AMG!

1/2) I just notified AlBoston, he should be answering those shortly .

3) I have had so much trouble with the garage door opener on my S500. The dealer set it, but never got it right. The instructions they give in the manual are incorrect. What I did was sit in my driveway and pushed the "I" button for Tele-Aid. They walked me through it step by step and it worked perfectly after that . I suggest you utilize your free minutes of Tele-Aid with this!

4) Already been answered.

5) Nope, i'm from Florida.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
I suggest u check out the detailing and automotive care forum and read the washing techinque sticky and how to's. Order Zaino Z1 or ZFX, Z2 or Z5 ( i would get both), Z6, and Z7. Z6 and Z7 (Quick detailer and car wash) are a very important part of the system. Z7 and Z6 really enhance the Zaino glow and feel of the car. I highly recommend it. I also suggest u apply with a thin yellow foam applicator and remove with a good quality Microfiber towel (Viper or neatitems) or 100% cotton bath towel (charisma or royal velvet), make sure u get white! Dont wash these towels with powder detergent and do not use fabric softner. I like the new Tide FREE for my towels. Also keep MF towels and cotton separate and hang them to dry. High heat can damage microfiber. If u have any other questions head on down to the detailing forum.