Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c55 amg
throttle not that respsonsive

Hi everybody,
This is regarding my new C55 06. I have got around 1k+ miles but I feel that throttle is not that at responsive on lower rpm specially under 3k and there is a lag between the time i press on gas and the actual accelaration. Is this by normal?? Will my dealer do some tuning when i go for the 1st 1k-3k service??

I have been driving manul BMW(Z3) for the last 7 years, though it does not have enough power (172 hp), I feel confindent on the throttle. It accelerates immedietly and that gives me confidence to stear easily when and as I feel.

NV
Old 05-10-2006, 04:51 PM

C55 AMG
I am also a new owner of a 2006 C55. I have about 2500 miles on the car.
Don't forget that the C55 will start you off in second gear, if you hit the left paddle or move the autostick to the left before you launch, you will be in first gear. I find that the acceleration is WAY different when I do this.

Enjoy
Old 05-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Make sure you aren't in Winter/Comfort mode and in Sport/Summer mode.

If it feels like you're starting in second gear, than you probably are.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Almost a Member!

c55 amg
i know that it starts in 2nd gear in comfort mode and 1st in standard "S" mode. I am driving in S mode but still feel something is lagging. I think manula "M" mode is fine but will take time to get used to it.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:23 PM

2003 C32
There is another thread on this kind of thing. Search "throttle booster." One member said that the computer in our cars builds in a bit of lag for smoother starts after a while. According to this member, you can reset the computer for a more "instant" response by turning the key to the on position, hold the gas pedal to the floor for 5 seconds, then leaving the car off for 2 minutes before starting it. This has to be done once a week.

I tried it a couple of times. The first time I tried it, my car seemed to have faster throttle response. The second time I tried it, I wasn't sure
Old 05-10-2006, 08:03 PM

C55 SILVER / ASH
Just wait, it may be a combination of the car being new and your inexperience. If the car has been putting around town and you slam it will respond a little slow, but after it knows your intentions are to haul *** it obliges!

Once you get used to it you will be able to rip it whenever you want in manual or sport mode.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by van001
Hi everybody,
This is regarding my new C55 06. I have got around 1k+ miles but I feel that throttle is not that at responsive on lower rpm specially under 3k and there is a lag between the time i press on gas and the actual accelaration. Is this by normal?? Will my dealer do some tuning when i go for the 1st 1k-3k service??

I have been driving manul BMW(Z3) for the last 7 years, though it does not have enough power (172 hp), I feel confindent on the throttle. It accelerates immedietly and that gives me confidence to stear easily when and as I feel.

NV
I cannot believe what you said about the 2.2 Z3 has better throttle response than a C55! try to wwaer some thin bottom shoes and see if it makes difference; or I will ask the dealer to check it immediately. We can complain MB does not steer like a BMW but I just can't see why BMW has a better throttle than MB?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by van001
Hi everybody,

NV
I cannot believe what you said about the 2.2 Z3 has better throttle response than a C55! try to wear some thin bottom shoes and see if it makes difference; or I will ask the dealer to check it immediately. We can complain MB does not steer like a BMW but I just can't see why BMW has a better throttle than MB?
Old 05-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Almost a Member!

c55 amg
is it learning the driving pattern?? My wife has been driving it lately and i know she loves comfort mode and gives a dime about throttle. Is there a way the system learns when I drive