C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Just saw an Audi RS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Just saw an Audi RS4

What a nice car. Almost makes me think I should have waited. Love my C55 but....that car is NICE. Fit and finish reminds me of the A4 and A6 I had. The dealer had one in dark grey black leather seats with white piping on the seat. You know I wanted to see how the seats turned out since there was so much talk on the fact the it wouldn't come with the euro seats. Very nice. If the peformance is all everybody has been saying then BMW and Mercedes have their work cut out for them. Just sharing the experience.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by melmanc55
What a nice car. Almost makes me think I should have waited. Love my C55 but....that car is NICE. Fit and finish reminds me of the A4 and A6 I had. The dealer had one in dark grey black leather seats with white piping on the seat. You know I wanted to see how the seats turned out since there was so much talk on the fact the it wouldn't come with the euro seats. Very nice. If the peformance is all everybody has been saying then BMW and Mercedes have their work cut out for them. Just sharing the experience.
Certainly a nice car, and probably nicer than the C55; but in time there will be a nicer car than the RS4, and so on.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:53 PM

a few...
I can't wait to see one. I have heard only good things about it and from my prior ownership of a B6 S4, I'm sure the RS4 will be that much better. Yes, there will always be a better car (subjectively), but this one will set the stage for MB and BMW to step up to.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:07 PM

C63 AMG
True...True. I had the same reaction when I first saw a BMW M3 competition and then the C55 and so on. I'm weak. To many nice cars coming out of Germany. To much talk about which one is best. Reminds me of my brother when he and I went to the Porsche dealer to option out a 911 Carrera S he was about to order. He commented to the saleman "that's a nice car" after seeing a Carrera 4s on the showroom floor. Saleman responed with "Mike..they are all nice".
Old 06-07-2006, 04:31 PM

'14 CLA 45
and here i'm sitting with my c230 and would love to have a c55.

all relative.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
I saw the RS4 at the car show back in april, its...amazingly hottt
Old 06-07-2006, 05:10 PM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
um, 70k for a (double) hooked up A4... NO!!!!

how are you guys going to tell me that the RS4 is setting the stage for MB & BMW?

RS4 - MSRP - 66k for an AUDI! about 71k fully loaded? are you guys madd!

C55 - MSRP - 55,225k for a Benz! About 63k fully loaded and im sure the C63 (6.2 V8 with much more HP & TQ then this RS4) will be 10% max premium on the C55, which would still be cheaper then the RS's. more like 4-6% anyhow.

M3 - MSRP - about 50k. loaded 60k+. Coupe so cant really compare pricing, but this has always been the benchmark and true competition. and with the new V8s coming out and rumors of both retractable-hardtop and sedans... will still be less expensive then the RS4 IM SURE OF IT!

Carrera - MSRP - 71k++ PORSCHE IS INCOMPARABLE . completely a different car company, and definetly of class. If you want BEST steering this is the best as well as price for performance is concerned. CRAPS ALL OVER AUDI AND BMW (Bought My Wife or Break My Window) and even MB (as much as i love them, but its obviously true)

anyhow, when i bought my C32 in late 03' (delivered Jan 30, 04', im 22 and bought the car when i was 20, without daddys money but with his salesmans help!) i also looked at the S4 and M3 convertible. i wanted something fast, unique and at the same time kind of PRICE CONSCIOUS.

well.. since you asked...

BMW was asking around $66k for the M3 conv. didnt want a smaller "coupe" for the same price as a just as fast sedan (if not faster).

AUDI had the nerve of asking for $56k for an S4 (at the time didnt even have a NAVI screen, but did have NAVI, REGARDLESS...

and MB after reading about the C55 that was coming out in only a few months to follow gave me a fully loaded (about $61k car) for $55k. same salesman my parents have been going to for over 20 years. ALSO, its more unique then any of these other cars, you see a lot less of them around.

so to me, i said BMW, out of question 50k was actually my real limit, and didnt want a coupe.

AUDI how dare them, arent they here to compete!

MB... C32 was my choice and even with all the new cars coming out i still love my car and wouldnt change a thing (except for the quad exhaust, and newer speedometer and navi from the C55) but honestly im good for now and might upgrade to an E55 (white/black - LOADED) in the coming years...

porsche - if i spent the money now what would i get in the years to come, a FERRARI?

my point is for a fully loaded RS4 that does the 0-60 in 4.8 i would honestly spend another 10k and get a BONE STOCK E55 (or maybe E63) in a heartbeat. MUCH MORE CAR AND 100x the PRESTIGE then a freaking AUDI, i dont care how many letters they replace the A4 with! I DONT CAR WHAT KIND OF PIPING IT HAS ON THE SEATS either, you can get stuff like that done for a few $$ on ANY car. LIKE MY C32!

In anycase i would spend 10k less and get an M3 coupe. SORRY AUDI LOVERS! i mean if you guys completely disagree with me, give me 70k and i'll make the decision for you!?! but if its worth that extra $$$ just so you can steer at 90mph a little better, great. but ask yourself, besides a track (which you shouldnt be driving anything but a coupe anyway) when do you need steering past the normal driving speeds? to me going 100 on a highway is great, even when it gets curvy in my C32. is there something you guys are doing that im not?

Just my .02 cents... plus $55k and 29 months of owning a C32 experience - ADAM

Last edited by AdaMBombC32G; 06-07-2006 at 05:26 PM. Reason: adding

Trending Topics

Old 06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by merc655
I can't wait to see one. I have heard only good things about it and from my prior ownership of a B6 S4, I'm sure the RS4 will be that much better. Yes, there will always be a better car (subjectively), but this one will set the stage for MB and BMW to step up to.
I am a big fan of Audis (have owned three, currently have a TT Roadster), but I have to confess that I consider them a clear second to BMW when it comes to pure driver's cars. As long as Audi continues to base their cars on a front-drive platform (notwithstanding the fact that a vast majority are sold as AWD), the car will never have the balance and steering acuity of a pure driver's car. At some point, Audi needs to make the investment to revise its powertrain layout so that they can achieve a 50/50 weight distribution (or close to it), with or without AWD. I would put Audi ahead of Benz because I believe Benz seems more focused on building cars that are Autobahn burners, with lots of speed, acceleration and comfort; whereas Audi puts more emphasis on handling.

Last edited by Fifth Ring; 06-07-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:31 PM

NEW 08' M6 CAB, 06' 997 911 CS CAB, 09' RX350 AWD, 10' E350 4M, 10' Range Rover; FS: 04' C32 AMG= FS
KICKR... i love those wheels

Originally Posted by kickR
and here i'm sitting with my c230 and would love to have a c55.

all relative.
replicas or not kickr, your rims make your car. especially since it has the AMG package (c230 sport, *******s!)... your just missing the other components (im sure you know this already)... but its best not to get a 90mph speeding ticket in a 40mph zone. TRUST ME, especially since i got it in NYC!

BTW, anyone know a good lawyer in NYC, i heard they are able to take my license away from a few people but otehrs told me "if they didnt on the spot they will not. there probably just looking for $$" - TYPICAL OF NY cops pulling over a stealthy - blacked out benz. i guess?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by AdaMBombC32G
im not trying to be an a**hole... but how are you guys going to tell me that the RS4 is setting the stage for MB & BMW?

C55 - MSRP - 55,225k for a MB! About 63k fully loaded and im sure the C63 (6.2 V8 with much more HP & TQ then this RS4) will be MAX 10% more expensive, which would still be cheaper then the RS's.

M3 - MSRP - about 50k. coupe so cant really compare pricing, but this has always been the benchmark. and with the new V8s coming out and rumors of both retractable-hardtop and sedans... will still be less expensive then the RS4 IM SURE OF IT!

Carrera - MSRP - 71k+++ PORSCHE IS INCOMPARABLE . completely a different car company, class IMHO.

anyhow, my point is that when i bought my C32 in late 03' (delivered Jan 30, 04', im 22 and bought the car when i was 20, without daddys money but with his help!) i also looked at the S4 and M3 convertible. i wanted something fast, unique and at the same time kind of PRICE CONSCIOUS.

well.. since you asked...

BMW was asking around $66k for the M3 conv. didnt want a smaller "coupe" for the same price as a just as fast sedan (if not faster).

AUDI had the nerve of asking for $56k for an S4 (at the time didnt even have a NAVI screen, but did have NAVI, REGARDLESS...

and MB after reading about the C55 that was coming out in only a few months to follow gave me a fully loaded (about $61k car) for $55k. same salesman my parents have been going to for over 20 years. ALSO, its more unique then any of these other cars, you see a lot less of them around.

so to me, i said BMW, out of question 50k was actually my real limit, and didnt want a coupe.

AUDI how dare them, arent they here to compete!

MB... C32 was my choice and even with all the new cars coming out i still love my car and wouldnt change a thing (except for the quad exhaust, and newer speedometer and navi from the C55) but honestly im good for now and might upgrade to an E55 (white/black - LOADED) in the coming years...

my point it for a fully loaded RS4 that does the 0-60 in 4.8 i would honestly spend another 10k and get a BONE STOCK E55 (or maybe E63) in a heartbeat. MUCH MORE CAR AND 100x the PRESTIGE then a freaking AUDI! I DONT CAR WHAT KIND OF PIPING IT HAS ON THE SEATS, you can get stuff like that done for a few $$ on ANY car. LIKE MY C32!
in anycase i would spend 10k less and get an M3 coupe. SORRY AUDI LOVERS! i mean if you guys completely disagree with me, give me 70k and i'll make the decision for you!?!

Just my .02 cents... plus $55k and 29 months of experience! - ADAM
I think you need to smoke a cigarette and relax a bit. The car is a step ahead of the dated c55/m3, of course it set the bar.

About the e55, possible they would like to have a car that is somewhat nimble and not just a huge boat that hauls *** in a straight line...
Old 06-07-2006, 05:43 PM

C63 AMG
Wow..just making a comment. KickR said it best...it's all relative. I didn't post this to start a comparison (even though it looks that way). Like I said I love my C55 (that's why i bought it). Even the salesman at Audi commented on how nice my car was. The car (RS4) surprised me because I didn't think in apperance it would be that far off from the S4. In the end...it's different strokes for different folks. Amazing how how brand loyal some people are, and the simple act of compelmenting another brand makes their panties rise up their crack. .
Old 06-07-2006, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
This car is way over priced... After GG tax, it's 73k!!! All that cash for 317ft/lbs or torque... No thanks.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
Not to mention, those exhaust pipes look like they fell off a 4-bangin' S2000. Blah.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:57 PM

C32
Originally Posted by SolidGranite
This car is way over priced... After GG tax, it's 73k!!! All that cash for 317ft/lbs or torque... No thanks.
And for a few more grand I could be sitting in a nicely, though not fully, equipped 911. The RS4 is a heck of a car, but I wouldn't pay that much for an A4 chassis. Likewise, I wouldn't pay that much for a fuller blown C class or a 3 series either.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AdaMBombC32G
how are you guys going to tell me that the RS4 is setting the stage for MB & BMW?

MUCH MORE CAR AND 100x the PRESTIGE then a freaking AUDI, i dont care how many letters they replace the A4 with! I DONT CAR WHAT KIND OF PIPING IT HAS ON THE SEATS either, you can get stuff like that done for a few $$ on ANY car. LIKE MY C32!

Just my .02 cents... plus $55k and 29 months of owning a C32 experience - ADAM

If you buy based on historic prestige, then you don't see the value in an Audi. If you buy based on the quality and sophistication of the car itself, then Audi is a better value than Benz.

C32s were being discounted because you don't get many car nuts in Benz dealerships. Car freaks go to BMW, then Audi -- most S4/M3 shoppers don't even know that there was a C32/C55. C32 was a great car that did not sell as well as the S4 and M3 due to Benz owner demographics and weak marketing.

The (B6) S4 has a V8, not a pumped up, 3 valve 6 cylinder engine. The S4 has a typical, gorgeous Audi interior. The S4 has all wheel drive. All good reasons to pay more.

I don't give cr@p about prestige. I buy and drive the best cars I can afford, and that meet my expectations for performance and comfort. I would have bought a B6 S4 in a heartbeat; I was just interested in a little variety after 14 years of Audi ownership.

Now, all that being said, the RS4 is overpriced, and will need to be discounted. Other than the original B5 S4, Audi has overpriced ALL of the "S" and "RS" cars they brought to the US. The RS6 was an $85,000 car. I'm just defending the brand, and the image, not the RS4.

Last edited by Fifth Ring; 06-07-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:24 PM

C63 AMG
Hey Solid...have any pics of the inside of your car. I have a granite grey with birdseye but with black interior. Always wondered how the ash looked.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:46 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
like everyone says the RS4 is a great car, but it's also built on an older chassi. If anything for the similar money I'll take the new S6 with the V10.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
^^^ i agree that the RS4 is overprice for its market, which is small, compact sedan. it's a wonderful car but for that money u can spend a few thousand dollars more for a 911. i think the RS4 will unfortunately be a slow seller and that many dealership will have them sitting in their lots.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
RS4 is just so that whiney Audi owners can say that Audi offers a better car than the M3, even though it is in a different price class.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:34 PM

Alfa 147 GTA #100/100
Regarding $$$:

In Australia, the B7 RS4 is about $5k cheaper than the current C55...

& in Aust both cars are loaded already...

Now that must put a cat amongst the pidgeons...
Old 06-07-2006, 09:42 PM

S63, 560SL
For me, personally, the main thing the RS4 has going for it...the MAIN reason I would buy one over an AMG... the fact that it is available with a manual transmission.

At this moment it is the only high horsepower german sedan w/ a manual tranny.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:15 PM

_

wow, more replies then i thought. yeh im a little nutz, if you dont like it dont read my threads, what else can i say.

anyway, this is a MB forum. if you like AUDI go to a different forum. i was basically trying to prove that for the money its not worth it at all. great car yes, so is a phaeton but teh $$$$ for a VW is NUTZ!

if you want a manual tranny get a porsche for 50 -70k youll enjoy it much more. or pure speed a Z06 is 0-60 in under 4secs.

personally , ive never owned an AUDI but many of my friends have and they all say they "enjoy" it but would rather drive a BENZ, even for the extra cost. someone earlier said something about prestige.

i listed a lot of details before b/c even if AUDI said say $45k for the S4 when i bought my C32, i still wouldnt of paid that much. if BENZ told me that a CLS55 would cost more then a PORSCHE PANAMERA and at the same time the BENZ being less of a performance, but better handling (would never happen)... i'd put my back to them in a second. so say i love them and will never go against them but AGAIN $70k for a A4 hooked up, maybe next time!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
I like the Audi, because it is subtle and not too flashy, more incognito. One of the features of the 2001 S4, is most people, that don't know cars, think
it's just another Honda Civic, which is fine with me.

I sold my 2001 S4, to buy a used 2003 C32. I would have bought a V8 S4, but they were too new, at the time and I wanted to buy a one year old car (let someone else pay off lot depreciation).

The interior finish and handling feel of the Audi was much better than the C32. Unfortunately, the Audi tends to have some odd, programmed throttle delay
of the electronic throttle, which the C32, does not suffer from. The throttle
response of the C32 is much better than the older S4.

The main problem with the new Corvette and the Porsche is they are two seater, two door cars, and I want a 4 door, four seater.

I want a car, that is nearly un-noticeable, blinding fast, stops well, handles well, is comfortable and will haul 4 adults in comfort, and gets reasonable gas mileage (for the performance).
Old 06-07-2006, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by m444
I like the Audi, because it is subtle and not too flashy, more incognito. One of the features of the 2001 S4, is most people, that don't know cars, think
it's just another Honda Civic, which is fine with me.

I sold my 2001 S4, to buy a used 2003 C32. I would have bought a V8 S4, but they were too new, at the time and I wanted to buy a one year old car (let someone else pay off lot depreciation).

The interior finish and handling feel of the Audi was much better than the C32. Unfortunately, the Audi tends to have some odd, programmed throttle delay
of the electronic throttle, which the C32, does not suffer from. The throttle
response of the C32 is much better than the older S4.

The main problem with the new Corvette and the Porsche is they are two seater, two door cars, and I want a 4 door, four seater.

I want a car, that is nearly un-noticeable, blinding fast, stops well, handles well, is comfortable and will haul 4 adults in comfort, and gets reasonable gas mileage (for the performance).
i wish i wouldve responded like you the 1st time around
Old 06-08-2006, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
You guys are getting worked up.
You have W203's no mater how it's branded.
W203's have been out for 5 years.
Now the E46 M is almost gone and replaced soon. (looks like a rolling turd)
The Audi Just came out.

The new CAMG is competing with these new cars.

Not the C55. (marketing facelift car, srry)
**** happens, I just got a GT3 now all the hype is around the 997GT3.
Get what you want and drive it untill you can afford to upgrade.
Thats how you do it.

Last edited by Vader13; 06-08-2006 at 12:55 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just saw an Audi RS4