Anyone else kill M3's like me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Anyone else kill M3's like me?

I've only had my C32 for about 3 months now and I haven't been fortunate enough to be in a position to race anything up to par. There was one time when I was following into a left hand turn behind an M3 convertable. The driver saw I was up his *** and took off the highway opened up into 2 lanes and I passed him on the right and took off. I could tell he was on it from the black smoke that came from his exhaust and I was pulling ahead but it wasn't a dead stop start so I really didn't feel the satisfaction of saying I beat him.

Today was my lucky day. I was driving to work on a 2 lane highway when I come to a stop light and what do I see in front of me? An M3 hardtop. As soon as the light turned green we hit it and I was staying with him I pulled to the left and we hit about 80 so he let off the gas.

I was pretty far ahead due to him not wanting to push it to the extreme. But then GOD really shined down on me. Another Red light! I"m on the right he pulls up to my left. I look over to him and expect a look back with a smile but this 30 something bald dude wasn't having it and was just looking for the green light. I put my left foot on the brake got the RPM's up to about 3 the light turns and we both hit it. Off the line I thought I was going to be seeing the rear of this M3 fast due to the lack of torque down low on the C32 but as the supercharger starting kicking in and both cars shifting into second I slowly start kreeping up and by the time I had to slam on my brakes b/c of the traffic up ahead we were at about 70 and I was about 3/4 of a length ahead.

I love my C32! Anyone else have a story?

Last edited by madblznguy; 06-16-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
you should tell those guys on the M3forum.net they think I'm lying...
Old 06-16-2006, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Sweet story!!

It's funny or sad depending on how you look at it.. but M3 drivers never seem to want to play with me and there always seem to be a girl behind the wheel.

I did have a good time with a brand new 330i last night. It was obviously one sided but was still fun. He pulled up next to me and we gave eachother the thumbs up when he got off the freeway..

Still waiting for an M3 to challenge..
Old 06-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by amgmark
Sweet story!!

It's funny or sad depending on how you look at it.. but M3 drivers never seem to want to play with me and there always seem to be a girl behind the wheel.

I did have a good time with a brand new 330i last night. It was obviously one sided but was still fun. He pulled up next to me and we gave eachother the thumbs up when he got off the freeway..

Still waiting for an M3 to challenge..

I sold my 01 330ci with a shark injector ECU upgrade and a gruppe M intake and bought my 02 C32. I loved the 330ci especially the styling, but when it comes to racing there is no way in hell it could even stay close. Although, taking the turns in my 330ci was a lot more stable and fun than my C32.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:28 PM

02 C32 Amg - Green Filters, Less Resonator, Also 2003 BMW E46 M3 19" CSL wheels some exterior mods.
I own boths, and love my m3 but I have been on the other forum (m3forum.net) arguing that My C32 is faster than my M. Trekman was there w me, it sucks man its like they are dilusional or something, I mean I like both cars . And i was trying to be un bias but they are... well just hard headed. I have raced many an M3 in my C32 and won, plus I drive both often and can tell you yes the c32 is faster and more responsive. However I enjoy driving the M3 more because I enjoy the transmission more, and it handles better. But Yes, the c32 seems considerably faster.

Carry on.
Vic
Old 06-16-2006, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by vic32amg
I own boths, and love my m3 but I have been on the other forum (m3forum.net) arguing that My C32 is faster than my M. Trekman was there w me, it sucks man its like they are dilusional or something, I mean I like both cars . And i was trying to be un bias but they are... well just hard headed. I have raced many an M3 in my C32 and won, plus I drive both often and can tell you yes the c32 is faster and more responsive. However I enjoy driving the M3 more because I enjoy the transmission more, and it handles better. But Yes, the c32 seems considerably faster.

Carry on.
Vic
A lot of the advantage is in the transmission -- because it is automatic, you don't have to do anything but press the pedal. Considering that an automatic robs a few 10ths, imagine if the AMG had a manual tranny!
Old 06-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
However I enjoy driving the M3 more because I enjoy the transmission more, and it handles better. But Yes, the c32 seems considerably faster.

Carry on.
Vic
I agree my 330ci handled better than the C32. I've never driven an M3 but I have been in one and you can feel how frigin tight and rigid it is. Knowing that the M3 handles better than my 330CI makes me want to get an M3 but the practicallity of the C32 is something I had to have, not to mention most races are straight line and I don't like losing
Old 06-16-2006, 04:49 PM

C63 AMG
Good kill bro. I posted this kill I had with an S4 last week. I have been seeing alot of S4s lately. Raced another one today and had same if not better results.

Finally had the chance to get a true race under my belt. Have been waiting for the opportunity to get it on with a somewhat worthy opponent and it happened on the way home from work. Brand new S4 and R32. The R32 was no big deal, even though it's a great car (my brother had one). R32 in front, S4 in the second slot and me behind waiting for the road to clear ahead. Walked both!! Came from behind at about 85 or so and walked both!! Once the traffic cleared the S4 took the far left lane the R32 in the middle and I just hung out in the slow (far right lane). It's like the waves parted and no traffic in front. Keep in mind it wasn't like i got a run on them....everyone started on the trottle about the same time. Hard to explain but we were all single file until the R32 got around the car in the center lane holding us up. I could see the S4 pulling the R32 then me passing the R32 and gainning on the S4. I thought I was going to run out of room (traffic coming up) before I passed him. Caught him about 115 or so and actually wavied to both when i got around them (yes i'm a dork). Man that was fun. I had an older S4 want to race me about 3 weeks ago but i had my son in the car and it definately was not going to happen. Was wanting for another shot at an S4 and it happened. Made my day!! The car always reminds me of one of the main reasons I bought it.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by melmanc55
Good kill bro. I posted this kill I had with an S4 last week. I have been seeing alot of S4s lately. Raced another one today and had same if not better results.

Finally had the chance to get a true race under my belt. Have been waiting for the opportunity to get it on with a somewhat worthy opponent and it happened on the way home from work. Brand new S4 and R32. The R32 was no big deal, even though it's a great car (my brother had one). R32 in front, S4 in the second slot and me behind waiting for the road to clear ahead. Walked both!! Came from behind at about 85 or so and walked both!! Once the traffic cleared the S4 took the far left lane the R32 in the middle and I just hung out in the slow (far right lane). It's like the waves parted and no traffic in front. Keep in mind it wasn't like i got a run on them....everyone started on the trottle about the same time. Hard to explain but we were all single file until the R32 got around the car in the center lane holding us up. I could see the S4 pulling the R32 then me passing the R32 and gainning on the S4. I thought I was going to run out of room (traffic coming up) before I passed him. Caught him about 115 or so and actually wavied to both when i got around them (yes i'm a dork). Man that was fun. I had an older S4 want to race me about 3 weeks ago but i had my son in the car and it definately was not going to happen. Was wanting for another shot at an S4 and it happened. Made my day!! The car always reminds me of one of the main reasons I bought it.

nice one! winning is so satisfying...
Old 06-16-2006, 08:02 PM

02 C32 Amg - Green Filters, Less Resonator, Also 2003 BMW E46 M3 19" CSL wheels some exterior mods.
I will say that when I launch my M3 correctly It pulls like crazy. also out here in the desert when I drive my C32 it drive s like **** because of the heat.

carry on
Old 06-16-2006, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Originally Posted by madblznguy
I sold my 01 330ci with a shark injector ECU upgrade and a gruppe M intake and bought my 02 C32. I loved the 330ci especially the styling, but when it comes to racing there is no way in hell it could even stay close. Although, taking the turns in my 330ci was a lot more stable and fun than my C32.
I had a 330i before my c32. I like small 4 door cars with power but the bimmer wasn't cutting it.. Since BMW doesn't seem to want to make a small 4 door with power I will be sticking with Mercedes.. My 330 handled better stock than my car does with Brabus springs but its fairly close.. Yes, I agree about straight line.. Most of the roads here in socal are in a straight line anyway..
Old 06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I will say that when I launch my M3 correctly It pulls like crazy. also out here in the desert when I drive my C32 it drive s like **** because of the heat.

carry on
Tell me about it! its 102 degrees where I live in northern Cali today. car is not as fast when its 70 degrees below. Its OK car still look hot when I drive it!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
M3 Kills, I had a brand new M5 kill me today, this guy was a dick tho lol. he was reving his V-10 500hp Sport Sedan against my Cl203 which is like not even 1/2 the hp lol...that idiot, from 0-30 I was up his ***, then he pulled away..quick.

never again in my life lol never.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:21 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
I agree my 330ci handled better than the C32. I've never driven an M3 but I have been in one and you can feel how frigin tight and rigid it is. Knowing that the M3 handles better than my 330CI makes me want to get an M3 but the practicallity of the C32 is something I had to have, not to mention most races are straight line and I don't like losing
M3 makes a 330Ci sport feel like a friggin Lincoln Town Car. I pulled up to my cousins house a couple years ago in my 330 coupe and saw his Imola Red 04' M3 in the garage. took it for a spin and I was completely blown away! Ridiculous handling, killed my 330 with eibach's. The car is just a total blast and a continuous adrenaline rush! Love the M3's
Old 06-17-2006, 01:04 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter

Carry on.
Vic
agreed 100%~

I had a 328Ci before the 32. like everyone said....the C32 doesn't handle that great, but it's good enough in the stock form.

ran with a friend who has a 03 SMGII coupe on optional 19" last month. It was at night around 65 degree. I drove his and he drove mine...and then switched again. From roll and from stop, my car won every time at most by 2 cars at 120mph. Both car had traction off, etc etc...mode to get whatever the best launch possible. The M is just not made for drag.

Last edited by FrankW; 06-17-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:25 AM

2006 C55/400HP HONDA S2000
MY BEST ONE SOFAR is a srt 4 up in boost full eshaust and upgraded intercooler i pulled a car on him he looked so confused and i also pulled hard on a felow member here in his wifes smg m3 conv. hahahahah
Old 06-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Carry on.
Vic
Hey Vic I am here too..
Old 06-19-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by trancein
Hey Vic I am here too..
nice. great place for info when looking to purchase. also a much easier community to communicate with. the guys at the M3forum are often childish and very quick to do anything to make some one feel un-easy. I really like this community because the responses are usually helpful and not some smart-*** response. No offense to the m3forums but much like the M3 interior - it is rubbish - few exceptions of course. The people here tend to be honest and willing to except criticism in a positive manner, not just constant bashing. Also no bull about performance like the "other forum" I honestly believe that ego's over there are inflated, and many a member have delusions of grandeur.

be well
Vic
Old 06-19-2006, 02:29 PM
Almost a Member!

You are so right about that Vic. I like it here better. People at m3 forum only want to put others down to feel superior. I hate that.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Off the line I thought I was going to be seeing the rear of this M3 fast due to the lack of torque down low on the C32 but as the supercharger starting kicking in and both cars shifting into second I slowly start kreeping up and by the time I had to slam on my brakes b/c of the traffic up ahead we were at about 70 and I was about 3/4 of a length ahead.

if u think ur c32 lacks torque down low, u should drive a m3. that thing is dead until 2200-2500. even then its nothing compared to any amg motor.

my brother has a m3 smg and ive pulled on him and every other m3 i raced. i also killed a couple of c32's but thats a whole other story
Old 06-19-2006, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Off the line I thought I was going to be seeing the rear of this M3 fast due to the lack of torque down low on the C32 but as the supercharger starting kicking in and both cars shifting into second I slowly start kreeping up and by the time I had to slam on my brakes b/c of the traffic up ahead we were at about 70 and I was about 3/4 of a length ahead.

if u think ur c32 lacks torque down low, u should drive a m3. that thing is dead until 2200-2500. even then its nothing compared to any amg motor.

my brother has a m3 smg and ive pulled on him and every other m3 i raced. i also killed a couple of c32's but thats a whole other story
Old 06-20-2006, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
nice. great place for info when looking to purchase. also a much easier community to communicate with. the guys at the M3forum are often childish and very quick to do anything to make some one feel un-easy. I really like this community because the responses are usually helpful and not some smart-*** response. No offense to the m3forums but much like the M3 interior - it is rubbish - few exceptions of course. The people here tend to be honest and willing to except criticism in a positive manner, not just constant bashing. Also no bull about performance like the "other forum" I honestly believe that ego's over there are inflated, and many a member have delusions of grandeur.

be well
Vic

you finally pulled the trigger on the M3. I remember you talking about getting one.

I live in Ontario, and heat is as bad as in Palm Desert. However you might have less humidity than me.

I have done a few things to get the C32 to perform better.

1) Shell 91 gas seems to perform better than any other brand with my current set up

2) Octane booster is a must on really hot days. Not sure why, but the throttle response is increased down low.

3) I have received by Denso K16 plugs and waiting for the wires. This will help

4) change your IC pump, even it appears to work. Only cost $99 and you can install yourself or pay somebody 1 hour to do it.

5)I'm starting to rethink the resonator. I'm going to put back the resonator to add a bit more back pressure. I feel that when the car is at 2000 rpms and crusing, the lack of back pressure actually takes away torque, thus making feel sluggish. I will loose some HP on top, but with the pulley kit, its not a big deal for me.

I have not done the ECU until I have the ECU recall performed at the Dealer. Once I get this one, ECU by powerchip.

This will be the last mods to this car. If I'm happy with the results, it will stay until the end of the year. If not, it will be sold and I'll jump to the E55.

I love this car for what is provides, but definately it is not perfect.

One more thing, my "check engine light" is no again, this is the 3rd time in the past 2 months.

This happens on every WOT run during freeway driving... the car pulls past redline and then loose power.

It litterally hobles with no power. Once I turn off the vehicle and restart, it goes away.

I'm thinking I must be misfiring or somethings up with the ECU.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by TopGun32
you finally pulled the trigger on the M3. I remember you talking about getting one.
yeah finally got one, I still love the C32 when I drive it tho. My wife drives it for the most part. yeah I was actually thinking about changing the Intercooler pump. Someone would be wise to make a kit and sell here on the forums, for a small profit. Also it would be nice to have a pictorial write up on the IC pump as well. As for hot, HELL yeah, 113 today. it's like friggin' mars over here. no humidity tho. Wowsers if you get an E55 that is one awsome car. I really don't think I can handle that much car .................................................. .................. .................................................. .........................

yes I can . but you know what I mean.

be well
Vic
Old 06-21-2006, 01:18 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
a check up for all 2002 C32 owners...

have your dealer check your crank position sensor if you still have the warranty. They found my sensor rusted today after the car died at a stopsign near my house. I managed to restart the car after 6 tries. Good thing they have the part in stock, so I only stranded at the dealership for 3 hrs.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
The cars I find to bite at a little 'run fun' normally are a bit faster ...

So far my run in's ; mainly on highway burst are

2006 M5 - Alphine White, wasnt much of a race, spanked me good

2005 Ford GT - ya i know, but he passed me by downshifting and hitting the throttle, ofcourse I had to jump on it.

200x Dodge RAM SRT10 - I actually hung with it from 65 to 110ish, but was slowly loosing.

Audi S6 2.7TT - Obviously modded to hell and back, cause I went to pass on a 2 lane road, he hit it and pulled on me like a stuffed pig.

2005ish Caddy CTS-V - Very close race, from a stop, I was actually impressed we were neck and neck to 80mph

------------

Kills include a slew of Mustang GT's, from 1990's through the new 2005 Mustang GT. Taking the car to the 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile a few times, before mod's and after, i could give a short list of cars that were spanked.

2005 Cobalt SS
2004 Cadillac XLR
Jaguar XK8 Supercharged (damn near a tie)
2006 Porche Cayman S (i think the guy didnt know how to drive a stick well)