Recently put in new grill on c55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
Recently put in new grill on c55

Hey everyone, i'm starting to catch the mod bug and i've been doing some mods recently to my car. I managed to put the illuminating door sills (from formymercedes) into my car yesterday in 2 hours without splicing or soldiering a SINGLE wire (if you want, i will gladly create a write-up in case anyone wants to do it this way and have an option of taking out the sills without any cut up or spliced wires), I'm pretty new at wiring so I was very proud of myself when i figured out how to do it without any help.

To the point, my main concern was that i recently bought the new 2006 CLK style grill from formymercedes, and it came with only the grill and hood latch. I tried calling them to ask them if i was missing the grill support (it can be seen in this thread: http://https://mbworld.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=123299 in picture 5) but the owner was very stubborn and reassured me there was no such thing as a grill support and insisted that i must be crazy. Anyways, the grill looks beautiful along with the AMG flat hood emblem, but does anyone know the part number for this grill support so that i can go out and buy it myself from the dealership? Any help would be appreciated..thanks in advance!

Last edited by razer8724; 08-14-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by razer8724
Hey everyone, i'm starting to catch the mod bug and i've been doing some mods recently to my car. I managed to put the illuminating door sills (from formymercedes) into my car yesterday in 2 hours without splicing or soldiering a SINGLE wire (if you want, i will gladly create a write-up in case anyone wants to do it this way and have an option of taking out the sills without any cut up or spliced wires), I'm pretty new at wiring so I was very proud of myself when i figured out how to do it without any help.
nice, yeah it would be cool to see a write-up. I don't want to splice or solder either. Thanks!
Old 08-15-2006, 12:21 PM

Hello, I would also be interested in how you did the install for the door sills with any splicing or soldiering. Please post it when you have time I would like to do this to my car if I could do it myself.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2006, 03:31 AM

//AMG C55/C180/Hondacbr600rr
door sills

i would like a write up to
Old 08-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
+1, id like a write up also that sounds great!

-j0hn
Old 08-19-2006, 10:09 AM

everything and anything
i would love a write up as well.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:44 AM

06 C55
Originally Posted by razer8724

To the point, my main concern was that i recently bought the new 2006 CLK style grill from formymercedes, and it came with only the grill and hood latch. I tried calling them to ask them if i was missing the grill support (it can be seen in this thread: http://https://mbworld.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=123299 in picture 5) but the owner was very stubborn and reassured me there was no such thing as a grill support and insisted that i must be crazy. Anyways, the grill looks beautiful along with the AMG flat hood emblem, but does anyone know the part number for this grill support so that i can go out and buy it myself from the dealership? Any help would be appreciated..thanks in advance!
Pic # 5 shows the support of the car if you are including the first pic of the car itself. #4 pic however shows the top support\spacer that is what it is called by MB part # is 209-889-00-90. hope that helps.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:03 PM

Part Number

Originally Posted by DMC'S AMG
Pic # 5 shows the support of the car if you are including the first pic of the car itself. #4 pic however shows the top support\spacer that is what it is called by MB part # is 209-889-00-90. hope that helps.
For what it is worth, the part number on the bracket that came with my CLK grill is A 209 888 00 90.