C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Best place / price for OEM or aftermarket brake rotors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Best place / price for OEM or aftermarket brake rotors?

It does not seem like most of the major online parts companies offer the front rotors for a C32. Is the dealer the only option?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:48 PM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
It does not seem like most of the major online parts companies offer the front rotors for a C32. Is the dealer the only option?
Yes, dealership is your best option for OEM rotor. Everyone else has almost the same price, maybe 5-7$ less but I guess I'll pay that extra few bucks to know for certain I’m getting OEM parts. I just changed my front brake pads and rotors yesterday. It was a very easy and straight forward job. Cost me $360 in total and learnt how to install AMG pads and rotors! good luck!
Old 08-24-2006, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Answered my own question.

PureEMS carries a Zimmerman drilled rotor for $105. I had a good experience with Zimmerman rotors on my Audi, so I'm fairly confident about the quality. So, how tough was the installation (I assume you did it yourself)?
Old 08-25-2006, 02:57 AM

Black 2002 C32 AMG
Has anyone seen the stock rear rotors drilled to match the fronts? Fifth is PureEMS a member / sponsor of the forum? If not please pass along the info to me in a PM.
Thanks
Old 08-25-2006, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by alterego
Has anyone seen the stock rear rotors drilled to match the fronts? Fifth is PureEMS a member / sponsor of the forum? If not please pass along the info to me in a PM.
Thanks
I mis-typed. It is PureMS (also their domain name) or Pure Motorsports. I believe they are a sponsor, but not sure. Very professional.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:45 AM
ON PROBATION

I am sure that a thread search would turn up tons of information for you in your quest -- this has been discussed dozens, if not hundreds, of times here on the forums.

FWIW Brembo makes a better rotor than Zimmerman....
Old 08-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Anyone know of a a good pad and rotor replacement write-up? I watched buddy of mine replace the pads and rotors in his coworkers Boxter S. He also did a full brake fluid flush. The only snag we ran into was parts. His coworker didn't get the right parts from the dealer, which led to a short set back. We figure it can't be much harder to do it to my C32.

Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 08-28-2006, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ClayJ
I am sure that a thread search would turn up tons of information for you in your quest -- this has been discussed dozens, if not hundreds, of times here on the forums.

FWIW Brembo makes a better rotor than Zimmerman....
I did search, and it helped. There were a few useful threads. I found Pure Motorsports and bought the Zimmermans. I could not find anyone that carried Brembo rotors (front) for the C32. As noted I have had good experience with Zimmermanrs.