C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Just Ordered the Coolmist Command kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Just Ordered the Coolmist Command kit

I did some research on the major liquid-injection cooling kits and decided to purchase the Coolmist Command kit for $500. I also looked at Snow Performance, AquaMist and AlkyControl but was convinced after talking to the owner of Coolmist (David) that it was the highest quality/value kit with the latest technology.

Other than E55Cent (Mario) and Richard who else has installed this on their cars? Is it difficult? Was it effective? What brand did you choose and why?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Have you recorded any of your IAT's with the GEN2 and it's intercooler. For a couple reasons. The first is that if you install the cooling mist you can compare the temp drop. Secondly, the Gen2's intercooler may be effecient in cooling and the problem lie's somewhere else in the design. Just a thought.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
Have you recorded any of your IAT's with the GEN2 and it's intercooler. For a couple reasons. The first is that if you install the cooling mist you can compare the temp drop. Secondly, the Gen2's intercooler may be effecient in cooling and the problem lie's somewhere else in the design. Just a thought.

more fun to just buy and install parts!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:45 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Hey Robert, sorry I forgot to send you the info on CoolingMist. I'm running two nozzles one before the blowe and one after since I have ZERO aftercooler. If I were you I would run only one nozzle .7mm. Also I'm using a 50/50 blend of Meth and distilled water. Remember Methanol has great cooling properties but does raise octance and will richen your air/fuel.

I also installed a air temp Autometer gauge to track the CoolingMist. With out the CoolingMist I was hitting 220F at full boost and with the CoolingMist I was at 150F and the temp dropped down very quick. I have the mister come one at 2psi and spray with progression.

The install can be a big pain and make sure the pump is lower than the tank and that you use a check valve so the supercharger doesn't full fluid from the tank.
Mario
Old 09-12-2006, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by E55Cent
Hey Robert, sorry I forgot to send you the info on CoolingMist. I'm running two nozzles one before the blowe and one after since I have ZERO aftercooler. If I were you I would run only one nozzle .7mm. Also I'm using a 50/50 blend of Meth and distilled water. Remember Methanol has great cooling properties but does raise octance and will richen your air/fuel.

I also installed a air temp Autometer gauge to track the CoolingMist. With out the CoolingMist I was hitting 220F at full boost and with the CoolingMist I was at 150F and the temp dropped down very quick. I have the mister come one at 2psi and spray with progression.

The install can be a big pain and make sure the pump is lower than the tank and that you use a check valve so the supercharger doesn't full fluid from the tank.
Mario
Thanks Bud. I knew you would show up soon. BTW...I have not heard from HPS since I hooked them up with a major German Tuner. I will follow up with Kyrre and see if they are really serious. If not, then I've got to consider a DIY project using a Magnuson MP122H or Autorotor Twin-Screw, Neuospeed tuning and my own reverse-engineered kit from China using best of breed samples of existing kits from all major MB kits.

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-12-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Has HPS lifted their appeal to Brandon's case or is that still ongoing?
Old 12-16-2006, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Coolmist Command Kit -Stage 2

Mario
Hey Mario,
It's been a while since we last chatted. Wanted to give you an update on my car. Mechtech is still having trouble installing the Coolmist kit. Jim told me that he had to order an electronic module for $80 in order to get an RPM reading. Does that make sense? You did not mention anything about needing this. They told me that they had to install the tank really low so your advice about placing the pump below the tank may be the reason for not getting an RPM reading. Do you agree?

Trending Topics

Old 12-17-2006, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Hey Mario,
It's been a while since we last chatted. Wanted to give you an update on my car. Mechtech is still having trouble installing the Coolmist kit. Jim told me that he had to order an electronic module for $80 in order to get an RPM reading. Does that make sense? You did not mention anything about needing this. They told me that they had to install the tank really low so your advice about placing the pump below the tank may be the reason for not getting an RPM reading. Do you agree?
Mario is too busy driving his new mini cooper.

Without too much info to go on, I would say it is to monitor the amount sprayed. There should be two inputs to the spray including "onset" and "amount". The onset would most likely be boost activated in your case. Ex. Preset boost hits = spray starts. As heat, airflow, and boost continue to rise you want a linear increase in the volume of spray to match the increases. Otherwise the system would be junk just spraying a preset volume throughout the RPM/boost range.

Aquamist has a nice system that uses boost as onset and injector pulse to regulate the mist volume to that of the fuel. This system looks very nice in terms of matching fuel/H20/air ratios preciesly. I think some systems can use the MAF for signaling as well.

.......I'm affraid to ask....but how is the car??

Last edited by NitrogenBalance; 12-17-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:32 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Hey Mario,
Hey Robert, sorry I have been busy with my new business and yes, the Mini Cooper. I'm not sure what an RPM module is but my Coolingmist came with everything I needed in that little black box. The box adjust at what boost the system will spray and you can all also set the progression. I have it set 2psi it will start spraying and at 5psi the it is spraying the most. It is very hard to say if you need this part because Mechtech is great at telling stories that people believe.
BTW like Wes asked, how is your car running? When do you want to race?
Mario
Old 12-18-2006, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Robert, sorry I have been busy with my new business and yes, the Mini Cooper. I'm not sure what an RPM module is but my Coolingmist came with everything I needed in that little black box. The box adjust at what boost the system will spray and you can all also set the progression. I have it set 2psi it will start spraying and at 5psi the it is spraying the most. It is very hard to say if you need this part because Mechtech is great at telling stories that people believe.
Mario
What's Up Mario! Thanks for the info. Jim now says they will look at ways to read the injector pulse or some other way to read the progression like the way your kit works. What Brand and Model was yours? Was it Aquamist from Europe, Snow Performance, Alky Control or CoolMist?

As for when we can meet to race, I'd say it's premature until I get my it dyno'd again. I should be picking up my car this Wed but it does feel alot faster with all the latest mods I've added.

Last edited by AMGSC; 12-18-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
LOL at first i thought it was a cooling system for the COMAND unit
Old 12-20-2006, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What's Up Mario! Thanks for the info. Jim now says they will look at ways to read the injector pulse or some other way to read the progression like the way your kit works. What Brand and Model was yours? Was it Aquamist from Europe, Snow Performance, Alky Control or CoolMist?

As for when we can meet to race, I'd say it's premature until I get my it dyno'd again. I should be picking up my car this Wed but it does feel alot faster with all the latest mods I've added.
I've just heard that if the controller malfunctions, then the pump may continue to spray even when no boost exists. Somebody told me that this caused a Supercharged Vette to blow a piston as the water flooded the intake manifold. What's a good way to prevent this other than pulling the fuse when you hear the pump still running under no boost?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mario
Say Mario! You were right! The Cooling Mist made a HUGE difference! I am now at 400rwhp on 91 Octane Costco Gas but the AFR is too rich as you warned since it is below 8-9 at WOT due to the Methanol and possibly the 160c T-Stat. I called Jessie and he will re-tune my car after I put the mid-sized pulley (2.75in dia.) back on to bring the AFR back in balance. I am currently using a 2.85in pulley and the one that caused the CELs was too small at 2.65in dia. Jessie is also replacing my throttle body with a bigger one as well to increase air flow.

I will witness another dyno tomorrow in SD and post the results here. Maybe it's time to RACE!

Last edited by AMGSC; 12-21-2006 at 10:50 PM.