C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

335i a threat to C55 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by trips
This has all been VERY entertaining, especially the pissing contest.

Whether or not the RS4 is overpriced is a subjective matter, with good arguments both for and against. I think what's most interesting is not that you (Idrivefast) argue that the RS4 is overpriced, but its that you argue with such passion. A car being overpriced, this is an interesting thing to be so passionate about. It appears you take it SO SO SO personally....to the point that you are emotionally affected by it. This is unusual to me.

Anyways, this is not meant to be a personal insult. Just my observation.

_toms
well, i love to argue. maybe a little too much. i didnt take it personally though. i said earlier, ive had fun with this thread.

if you want to argue about why the C63 will be 410hp or 450hp ill do that too.

its kept me amused. each post in this thread was typed with a grin
Old 09-14-2006, 01:30 PM

C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by IdriveFast
if you want to argue about why the C63 will be 410hp or 450hp ill do that too.
C63 will have the same output at the CLK63, 481 DIN. AMG told me when I went to Germany this summer. I don't see why there would be any arguement about it.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:05 PM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Once again proof that you're just not reading what I wrote. I didn't say how much I make, I said how much my cars are worth. I bought my M5 CASH, no finance, no lease.

The Supra CAME with the paintjob, its a Royal Sapphire Pearl '97 Twin Turbo, one of 24 on earth. Its the rarest color, and hence goes for a 10k premium.
things you own, they end up owning you
Tyler Durden RULEZ
Old 09-14-2006, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
ok 1st of all my VW comment was directed at the B5 S4 which i had already explained earlier. your comment only shows that you dont know what the hell you're talking about because you clearly didnt read my post.

and NMM did steal my suspension...along with silvaC32's headers...another members airbox/airfilters...and the list goes on. NMM is a thief...

i wouldnt wish doing business with him on anybody...not even you

next time please make sure you know what the hell you are talking about before you post ok?

maybe the RS4 ripped apart your car because you cant drive
I'm not going to explain over the internet how I can drive as that would be as childlike as stating that it is driver error that causes a car with 333bhp to be slower than one with 414bhp.

Why should I marry just one other member? As Cylinder pointed out, surely there are 6 of us that think you're rather silly so maybe you should try and get that arranged. Bizarre behavior.

People have tried to pacify you but like a dog with a bone you continue to gnaw away. Oh well, it takes all sorts.

Just try and post without calling people "dumbass", "jackass" etc. You have an infatuation with *** ok we get it. As others have asked, can we just move on?

To get back on topic for the mods and so on- if the 335i tunes as easy as many of you predict then it will be a car to avoid at the lights. Personally i'd still take a C55 though. I do like the E63 a lot. If it does well at the race day i'm booking in for a test drive. It would be a great addition to the stable, but it may spell the end for the iS.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by ellery
damn, I miss 3si.org... people with 500awhp cars there are usually the more mature ones who wouldn't entertain flaming or ****-size comparisons. This thread reads like something straight out of the honda forums.

AMG is the best car ever, and so it's the 3000GT, and so it's the Sportage, and the Cobra... cause that's what I drive. Disagree? Go count *** hair.
I'm sorry, that is just funny.

Looks like this is the second heated thread I've jumped into late. Personally, I would take the C55 over a 335i, due to the types of automobiles they are: sporty. However, if I needed a commuter car for all four seasons, I would skip the 335i and purchase the 328Xi, smarter move IMHO. Two doors, revvy motor with good power, and BMW's X-Drive setup. Tight car with tremendous grip that can be driven safely with much spirit in slippery conditions. Simply put, that is a solid deal.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by HLG600
I'm sorry, that is just funny.

Looks like this is the second heated thread I've jumped into late. Personally, I would take the C55 over a 335i, due to the types of automobiles they are: sporty. However, if I needed a commuter car for all four seasons, I would skip the 335i and purchase the 328Xi, smarter move IMHO. Two doors, revvy motor with good power, and BMW's X-Drive setup. Tight car with tremendous grip that can be driven safely with much spirit in slippery conditions. Simply put, that is a solid deal.
Hehe, this is what started it off

IdriveFast: "Audi sucks ball. The RS4 sucks as well. at 80k its a joke of a car and Audi blows."

I was behind a 330Xi today incidentally.

Cylinder- beautiful M5, keep taking down 360s. I used to live in Jersey and it would have been good to have met up for some fun runs (provided you kept it in 400bhp mode and took it easy though!) I had a CSL in the UK and it was tight, SMG was great at the track. I like manuals as i'm a traditionalist but many friends can't say enough good things about SMG.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
In regards to the RS4, $80k is too much, hence why I thought it was brought down to $60k range, which is great car for good money.

Oh, and Audi doesn't "suck" by any means whatsoever. Tell that to their diesel division. Diesel LeMans and new V12 Diesel Turbo...
Old 09-14-2006, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HLG600
In regards to the RS4, $80k is too much, hence why I thought it was brought down to $60k range, which is great car for good money.

Oh, and Audi doesn't "suck" by any means whatsoever. Tell that to their diesel division. Diesel LeMans and new V12 Diesel Turbo...
Correct. It's $66k. A lot of money, but a lot of car. From launch the thing is a monster. Just grips and goes. Still love my M though, and Audi don't have interlagos blue!

That V12d sure is unreal. 500bhp and around 750 lb/ft, I believe.

BTW, I've ran a c.99 SL600 on the highway. All I can say is that engine loves high speeds.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Audis are often overlooked...

Audis are cool cars. The RS4 is a really nice piece, especially compared to the 335i (and all the materialistic ****** that drive them here in So Cal) and the rather common appearing C-class.

The RS4 is rarer and quite the sleeper when it comes to ***** out performance.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:49 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
wat a waste of bandwidth after the first page....sigh
Old 09-15-2006, 07:37 AM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
Audis are cool cars. The RS4 is a really nice piece, especially compared to the 335i (and all the materialistic ****** that drive them here in So Cal) and the rather common appearing C-class.

The RS4 is rarer and quite the sleeper when it comes to ***** out performance.
Stock RS4 should be overall superior to 335i otherwise considering the huge price difference somebody at Ingolstadt should committ suicide a.s.a.p.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:32 AM

Coherent? That's somewhat questionable, babbling about how "overpriced" the Audi is without taking into consideration that Audi's have traditionally been on the more expensive side and that the "RS" models are VERY rare and exclusive, and come with one of the most advanced AWD systems on the planet, allowing you to drive it all year round in any weather.

Not only can it outdrag all of the cars you've mentioned in dry conditions, but it can repeat such results in the rain and the snow, that's worth at least 5 or 6k to me right there. Combine that with its relative exclusivity and you've got a deal.

On a track it beats up all of its direct competition and takes their lunch money. It has a beautiful interior and a well engineered powerplant, and is likely more reliable than its BMW and Merc competitors.

Back to the 335i, its not an M model, its just a standard Beemer. The fact that its as fast as cars that stickered for 11k more and, when "slightly" tuned it will rip their doors off speaks volumes about how serious the performance game is getting.

Honestly think next time before you go off half-c0cked about cars you know very little about. You might drive fast, but your brain seems a tad laggy.
I was gonna chime in about Audi and AWD as well as the new 335i and it's possible Stage 1 & 2 upgrades, but this post pretty much expresses what I feel. Well said!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by transferred
Correct. It's $66k. A lot of money, but a lot of car. From launch the thing is a monster. Just grips and goes. Still love my M though, and Audi don't have interlagos blue!

That V12d sure is unreal. 500bhp and around 750 lb/ft, I believe.

BTW, I've ran a c.99 SL600 on the highway. All I can say is that engine loves high speeds.

Yes sir, it does. But in the snow, I think it's all up to your 4.6 to have some serious fun.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by FrankW
wat a waste of bandwidth after the first page....sigh
even the original post was a waste
Old 09-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
even the original post was a waste
I'd like to ditto his ditto
Old 09-16-2006, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
can somebody close this!

its a useless thread.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
First you say this:

Then you say this:

Nobody's caught up because we haven't even seen the new cars let alone a comparison. What the hell are you talking about?

How does that prove your point? We all know M3's are better track cars, did I even mention M3's? Where the hell did this come from? Besides in a direct comparison the RS4 beat up the E46 M3, so by your standards, that 11k is justified no?

You're all over the place, clearly you're out of your depth as you're the only one who agrees with yourself and everyone else seems to think exactly the opposite. Merc's don't handle, they go fast in a straight line, Bimmers obviously are better track cars, you're preaching to the choir and missing the topic at hand. What EVERYONE here agrees with is that the RS4 does BOTH in an exclusive, very high tech package that's obviously better engineered than a C55 or even an M3, PLUS you can drive it all year in every weather condition, its more reliable, significantly more rare and very limited production.

If they were going to make thousands of RS4's a year then it wouldn't be worth the premium. My Supra goes for 10k more than others because of the PAINT JOB, its called a LIMITED PRODUCTION and such things go for a premium.

How can you say that the other manufacturers have caught up when their cars aren't even out yet? You're just speculating, you know nothing about the new models that ClayJ hasn't told you. All you're doing is repeating points that have continuously been disproved esp. because the RS4 stickers for 66k and that's exactly what a new M3 is probably going to run, not to mention the Audi has ONE option and the M3 fully equipped will probably run close to 76k, and that's what you're crying about.

I'm done educating you.
i thoughtd youd be smart enough to understand my post but i was wrong
so ill break it down for you

1. B5 RS4 used to outperform its closest competitors the E36 m3 and the C43 by a large margin. and i use the word closest loosely because the only reason they are considered competitors is because the RS4 was based on the S4. The reason i said the RS4 didnt compete with anybody later on is because the RS4 was so far ahead of its "competitors" that it wasnt even a competition. The RS4 completely blew everybody else out of the water. Thereby justifying its high price. So that answers your 1st and 2nd quotations of me.

2. Why would that make 11K justified? My entire point is that even thought he M3 outperforms the C55/C32 on the track it is still in the same price range. However the RS4 only outperforms the M3 by 1.2 seconds on a 1.8 mile track yet costs 11K more. 1.2 seconds is hardly worth the extra 11K. That plus the fact that cartain magazines have demonstrated that the
RS4 does not blow its competition out of the water in a drag race...another reason it is not worth 11k.

Who cares if it has such a nice interior. The S4 has a very nice enterior also. All Audi's have a very nice interior. So why does the RS4 cost so much more than the S4? Because its so much better you say? Yes the RS4 is alot better than the S4....but in the grand scheme of things, the RS4 is not much better than the competition, and depending on what your source is, sometimes its not better at all but worse in some areas. The RS4 is what the S4 should have been, like another member said earlier. Audi is charging everybody 72K for a car that should have come out 3-5 yrs ago to be truly competitive at a price that is 11k too much. That is why the RS4 sucks, imo.

"You're just speculating, you know nothing about the new models that ClayJ hasn't told you. All you're doing is repeating points that have continuously been disproved esp. because the RS4 stickers for 66k and that's exactly what a new M3 is probably going to run, not to mention the Audi has ONE option and the M3 fully equipped will probably run close to 76k, "

im the one speculating but your saying the M3 will probably run close to 76K fully equipped? You're the one that is speculating. Not once did I talk about a car that wasnt out yet. The entire time ive been talking about the C32/C55 and the RS4. Im saying other car manufacturers have caught up because the M3 C32/C55 are so similar in performance to the new RS4. In a way its Audi who is playing catch-up since the regular S4 was so much slower.

your supra is worth 10k more because of the paint job? i hate to break this to you buddy but nobody is gonna pay you 10k more than your car is worth because your supra has a "special paint job". limited editions does nto always mean a car is worth more. its demand that makes it worth more. since its probably nobody gives a damn about your paint job your car is not worth 10k more.

the fact that you said im all over the place shows me that you're far too stupid to comprehend what i was trying to say. but i hope i was clear enough this time. you're not educating anybody. im done schooling you.

I remember him, he was the M5 guy thinks CLS 55 IWC Edition is nothing but a paint job and it is not better than his special edition supra.
" MBWorld owners cars are all rubblish, my M5 and Supra are the best" .
IdriveFast, you have wasted your time, he ain't giviing up. I know.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....6&postcount=51

Last edited by cntlaw; 09-16-2006 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:51 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by cntlaw
I remember him, he was the M5 guy thinks CLS 55 IWC Edition is nothing but a paint job and it is not better than his special edition supra.
" MBWorld owners cars are all rubblish, my M5 and Supra are the best" .
IdriveFast, you have wasted your time, he ain't giviing up. I know.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....6&postcount=51