C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C32SK
Excellent! Great to hear that and looking forward for it!
Oh yeah! BTW will you be shipping it my Japanese address or Florida address? Would appreciate it if you could ship it to my Japanese address though.

Thanks sooo much in advance!
Donn
Donn,

Yeap, it is going to Japan....
Old 10-18-2006, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by jturkel
just installed it, all i have to say is, holy crap. and, thanks to slkfans....wow
You are welcome, have fun with the sprint booster !
Old 10-18-2006, 09:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by flush
haha, I couldn't help but just laugh at this. I can totally relate to this - the all-or-nothing option with the pedal. Sounds like this little chip clip is something to put in after my Service B early next month.
I highly recommend it, but it does appear to be learning again. I heard that removal, startup, then reinstall goes back to it's former glory. I'm going to try this to see how true it is, and then I'm going to try and wire in a bypass switch, so I can just turn it off for my wife and valets and then back on for me.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:57 AM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by Bif powell
I highly recommend it, but it does appear to be learning again. I heard that removal, startup, then reinstall goes back to it's former glory. I'm going to try this to see how true it is, and then I'm going to try and wire in a bypass switch, so I can just turn it off for my wife and valets and then back on for me.
When you say removal do you mean totally disconnecting it and reconecting the stock set up. Or do you mean disconnecting one end of the sprint booster, then starting the car, and then shutting off the car and then reconnecting the sprintbooster? I would image we should also do the key and pedal reset somewhere in that sequence, just to play it safe?
Old 10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Please do post photographs and schematics regarding your on/off switch for the sprint booster. I need one. At the moment there is no way I can let my wife drive the car. Never thought about the valets and auto mechanics, but I suppose it would be foolish not be warry of those characters with the sprint booster on.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by pugguy2001
When you say removal do you mean totally disconnecting it and reconecting the stock set up. Or do you mean disconnecting one end of the sprint booster, then starting the car, and then shutting off the car and then reconnecting the sprintbooster? I would image we should also do the key and pedal reset somewhere in that sequence, just to play it safe?
Yeah, complete removal and back to stock, then drive it. It will suck again. Then reinstall the sprint booster and it's back to the way a car should be.

The throttle-reset procedure probably isn't important at that point, but it can't hurt.

I will definitely post here as I get into the on/off switch project. I'd like to put it on an unused switch by the ESP and other buttons up there. Maybe with a rear-shade button or something?...

Anyways, more as I get into it. First thing I gotta do is track down those end-plugs - anyone know of a source for sort of IEEE-supplies

I guess I can always just order the throttle signal harness or something?... This all under that removal, startup, reinstall actually does as purported, but it makes sense that it would.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Tump43
Please do post photographs and schematics regarding your on/off switch for the sprint booster. I need one. At the moment there is no way I can let my wife drive the car. Never thought about the valets and auto mechanics, but I suppose it would be foolish not be warry of those characters with the sprint booster on.
LOL.. my wife is driving the C32 to work now and I'm using the E.

She says she feels like a girl that can't drive.... the car is so responsive.

I told her to leave it in C mode and don't push to hard from a stop.

I think with the SB on.. the car is much safer in some ways. You get power when you needed.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:43 PM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by Bif powell
Yeah, complete removal and back to stock, then drive it. It will suck again. Then reinstall the sprint booster and it's back to the way a car should be.

The throttle-reset procedure probably isn't important at that point, but it can't hurt.

I will definitely post here as I get into the on/off switch project. I'd like to put it on an unused switch by the ESP and other buttons up there. Maybe with a rear-shade button or something?...

Anyways, more as I get into it. First thing I gotta do is track down those end-plugs - anyone know of a source for sort of IEEE-supplies

I guess I can always just order the throttle signal harness or something?... This all under that removal, startup, reinstall actually does as purported, but it makes sense that it would.
Ok thats what I did once before and it was driving like a "monster" agian.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 C300, 2005 Odyssey Touring
slkfans...I just sent you payment. Will mine go out today?

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2006, 02:38 PM

2003 C32
ordered and paid a couple days ago too, slkfans!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
traction issues

Is anyone having pretty bad traction issues with ESP off from a stop? Last night, I kept launching it with the ESP off, and I almost every time, my car started turning sideways, so I had to let off of the throttle...I was getting so frustrated, that I actually started launching from a stop with the ESP on and it kicked in, reduced the tire spin obviously, and i think i got a better launch. I dont know if maybe it was too cold (60-65 degrees or so) or maybe i just need to lower my tire pressure when i go out racing (it is usually at 35 or so). This seems to happen more often to me when i drive it in speedshift mode (when i manually put it into 1st) than when it is just in drive and i let it do the shifting. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Hm... how would this work on 55 N/A motors? C32s might benefit from this due to having smaller engine displacement and less power from the bottom RPM range, but what if you have a V8? I already spin tires without trying, so this probably wouldn't be a good idea right?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB
Hm... how would this work on 55 N/A motors? C32s might benefit from this due to having smaller engine displacement and less power from the bottom RPM range, but what if you have a V8? I already spin tires without trying, so this probably wouldn't be a good idea right?
It helps with shifting...i virtually have no pause time when the car takes off. I have an E55 and i typically in Sport mode its really too aggressive..but if u put it in C mode, i feel its perfect... really respoonsive...
Old 10-23-2006, 10:15 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
I too think that the car is learning again. However, I took it to MB to have my springs installed this past week and the tech came out and asked what all I have done to the car because he has never felt one so responsive. I giggled and then told him about the magic little device under the pedal.

My wife also drove the car again this weekend and she couldn't help but bark the tires at every light.

Maybe it's us and the car isn't learning after all?
Old 10-23-2006, 11:32 AM
SPONSOR

just wanted to give an update on this, now that i have owned for a few weeks...three words:

BALD REAR TIRES! hehe

i went out this morning to check one of my tires because it started losing air over the weekend. i was going to check it and fix the leak when i figured out that one of my rear tires is bald and the other one(the one that is leaking) is showing threads.

i love this thing, but it is going to cost me a lot in rear tires...lol
Old 10-23-2006, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
how are you guys launching from a stop? im getting really bad traction issues with ESP off. In fact, i even tried putting on the ESP when i launched and it was more successful.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:15 AM

'04 Kleemann C32K Stage 3 , '06 CLS55 AMG (Soon 2B Kleemannized) ,'01 C320 (Sold),'98 BMW M3 (Sold)
Talking

Originally Posted by slkfans
Donn,

Yeap, it is going to Japan....

Got my SB this afternoon. Fast DHL delivery from S'pore to Jp! I was actually in S'pore last week for 3days on a meeting. Did called up Eurohaus but couldn't get to visit them as I didn't have time... sheesh! But anyway, I know my SB was on the way at that time..

Will be installing it asap once I have an hour or so free time just in case. Hopefully that it's an easy installation. Can't wait to try it out!!

Anyway, thanks so much slkfans!

UPDATE: After an hour later....
Couldn't wait more!! So I went to the car park with a torch light & 10mm socket wrench on me. And installed SB in less than 15mins tops. WOW! That was just too easy and trouble free. After installing it went for a test drive around the car park BUT it wasn't enough and couldn't resist going straight to the express way. And OMG!! It's totally a different car... I was driving at my normal style & the rear wheels was already screeching... 0-100++ was totally fast, didn't even realize it until I was going out to the next exit when I had to brake quite hard and looked that my meter which was 187Km/h. Phew! I'm back to my desk in less than 30mins and grinning.... And YES, we'll have to relearn to drive it again. Hehehee

Again SUPER-DUPER THANKS to SLKFANS! KANPAI!!

Last edited by C32SK; 10-24-2006 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
It helps with shifting...i virtually have no pause time when the car takes off. I have an E55 and i typically in Sport mode its really too aggressive..but if u put it in C mode, i feel its perfect... really respoonsive...
i'm scared to place a SB on my E55, it will be too sensative.

Right now, I just receieved my ASP pullies and I'm going to install them this week.

ASP pullies + SP will be a bad combo on my E55. (My E55 is my family car)

As far as the C32:

Pullies and SB is perfect!

Most of the time I drive in C mode and don't use the manual shifting anymore.

S mode is when I need full power all the time.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by TopGun32
i'm scared to place a SB on my E55, it will be too sensative.

Right now, I just receieved my ASP pullies and I'm going to install them this week.

ASP pullies + SP will be a bad combo on my E55. (My E55 is my family car)

As far as the C32:

Pullies and SB is perfect!

Most of the time I drive in C mode and don't use the manual shifting anymore.

S mode is when I need full power all the time.
Do you find that when your in sport mode the throttle linearity is not linear? As I depress the gas pedal down more and more, i feel the car jerking.... Being in C mode is perfect as it drives with great responsiveness.... I'd put it in your E55 if i were you...the responsiveness is night and day....
Old 10-24-2006, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by C32SK
Got my SB this afternoon. Fast DHL delivery from S'pore to Jp! I was actually in S'pore last week for 3days on a meeting. Did called up Eurohaus but couldn't get to visit them as I didn't have time... sheesh! But anyway, I know my SB was on the way at that time..

Will be installing it asap once I have an hour or so free time just in case. Hopefully that it's an easy installation. Can't wait to try it out!!

Anyway, thanks so much slkfans!

UPDATE: After an hour later....
Couldn't wait more!! So I went to the car park with a torch light & 10mm socket wrench on me. And installed SB in less than 15mins tops. WOW! That was just too easy and trouble free. After installing it went for a test drive around the car park BUT it wasn't enough and couldn't resist going straight to the express way. And OMG!! It's totally a different car... I was driving at my normal style & the rear wheels was already screeching... 0-100++ was totally fast, didn't even realize it until I was going out to the next exit when I had to brake quite hard and looked that my meter which was 187Km/h. Phew! I'm back to my desk in less than 30mins and grinning.... And YES, we'll have to relearn to drive it again. Hehehee

Again SUPER-DUPER THANKS to SLKFANS! KANPAI!!
C32SK,

You are welcome, glad that you enjoyed the fun. When is your next visit to Singapore ? Let me know and I will be more than happy to buy YOU a BEER

SPRINT BOOSTER RULEZ !
Old 10-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Almost a Member!

'03 C32
SLKFANS-

Just sent a paypal payment to you from dmitchell1212. Hoping to get this soon before the snow arrives here. I have a feeling that this will need to be pulled for winter driving.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by New2Me
SLKFANS-

Just sent a paypal payment to you from dmitchell1212. Hoping to get this soon before the snow arrives here. I have a feeling that this will need to be pulled for winter driving.
New2Me,

Yes, received a notification from paypal. I will revert back to you on the tracking details as soon as I have consolidated them.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Almost a Member!

'03 C32
I have noticed that some are stating that the manual trans model is more agressive. I ordered the auto one since it made sense since I have a C32. What did the other members with C32 order?
Old 10-25-2006, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by New2Me
I have noticed that some are stating that the manual trans model is more agressive. I ordered the auto one since it made sense since I have a C32. What did the other members with C32 order?
I ordered the automatic one for my C32...and I love it. Definite difference. I was reading in one of the many sprintbooster threads that some guys with M3s supposedly had the manual ones and they were too responsive, and they actually got automatic ones. The automatic one works great.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Hi Guys,

I have an extra sprint booster (automatic version) that I bought 2 weeks ago for sale for $225 ship to your door. Please drop me an e-mail if you are interested. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official Sprint Booster feedback thread.