RENNtech C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeep Liberty
RENNtech C32

I am new to this forum and thought I would share my love afair with the C32 as well. Earlier this year I found an AZ registered C32 with a clean carfax and maintinance history with no scratches or dings in brilliant silver. I bought it on the spot. Since I replaced the grille with a CL style and a flat hood badge. I put some good, fresh rubber on it and then took it to Dyno-comp in Scottsdale, AZ and had them work their magic with a RENNtech Stage 1 pulley, ECU and green filters. They pulled the program from my car two days earlier for the ECU flash. They ran a test to be sure the Intercooler pump was ok. Then ran a stock dyno on 91 oct. 352 hp and 332 torque at the crank. Richard the owner, called me to advise me they where going to run a dyno test with RENNtech mods. It ran 404 hp and 428 torque at the crank. Difference of 52 hp and 96 torque. With 101 octane and the cooler weather starting in Phoenix, the beast is happy. These C32's are absolute sleepers. I get looks of shock to anger (you all know the ones I am talking about) that a four door sedan just destroyed the rubber through first and can spin them from 35-40 mph launch in second gear leaving the competition a number of car lengths behind. I have owned MB in the past and will buy in the future, but I won't get rid of this car. It's a keeper.

Thanks for all the knowledge and expert information provided over the months.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:51 AM

W221
Welcome aboard! Congrats on your new car and first mods. Enjoy!
Old 10-01-2006, 12:08 PM

C32 K AMG 03/2002
Originally Posted by StormC32
I am new to this forum and thought I would share my love afair with the C32 as well. Earlier this year I found an AZ registered C32 with a clean carfax and maintinance history with no scratches or dings in brilliant silver. I bought it on the spot. Since I replaced the grille with a CL style and a flat hood badge. I put some good, fresh rubber on it and then took it to Dyno-comp in Scottsdale, AZ and had them work their magic with a RENNtech Stage 1 pulley, ECU and green filters. They pulled the program from my car two days earlier for the ECU flash. They ran a test to be sure the Intercooler pump was ok. Then ran a stock dyno on 91 oct. 352 hp and 332 torque at the crank. Richard the owner, called me to advise me they where going to run a dyno test with RENNtech mods. It ran 404 hp and 428 torque at the crank. Difference of 52 hp and 96 torque. With 101 octane and the cooler weather starting in Phoenix, the beast is happy. These C32's are absolute sleepers. I get looks of shock to anger (you all know the ones I am talking about) that a four door sedan just destroyed the rubber through first and can spin them from 35-40 mph launch in second gear leaving the competition a number of car lengths behind. I have owned MB in the past and will buy in the future, but I won't get rid of this car. It's a keeper.

yes, that's the plan
BTW, welcome!
Old 10-01-2006, 04:32 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S

welcome!
Old 10-01-2006, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
Sounds good, but why they didn't use the RWHP numbers?

Do you recieve a plot with the Rear Wheel HP numbers?

289 RWHP before? 331 RWHP after?

Now that you have a stage1

http://evosport.com/product/proddeta...VO.PER.M03.S01

Now, you just need the air intake Y-splitter and headers, to get stage 2.

http://evosport.com/product/proddeta...VO.PER.M03.I01

http://evosport.com/product/proddeta...VO.EXH.M03.H02
Old 10-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Jeep Liberty
m444,
They provided both rwhp and crank on my dyno sheet. I just had the crank numbers stuck in my head. Probably due to the higher numbers. Without glancing at my sheet, I think the number was 321 rwhp. Do you have the Y-splitter and headers done? If so, does the Y-splitter make any difference without the headers? I am a little concerned that the headers would take away from the stock appearance sound wise.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:38 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
m444,
They provided both rwhp and crank on my dyno sheet. I just had the crank numbers stuck in my head. Probably due to the higher numbers. Without glancing at my sheet, I think the number was 321 rwhp. Do you have the Y-splitter and headers done? If so, does the Y-splitter make any difference without the headers? I am a little concerned that the headers would take away from the stock appearance sound wise.
the splitter will make a difference without the headers, but it is negligible...may give you 5-10hp, the headers will give you around 20-30hp...

Trending Topics

Old 10-02-2006, 09:31 PM

Black 2002 C32 AMG
m444,
I am a little concerned that the headers would take away from the stock appearance sound wise.
There is no increase in sound when the headers are done if you leave your exhaust stock with all 4 cats and 1 resonator, 1 huge muffler.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG

Thats a bad *** increase!

I have the same ECU and a ASP pulley, along with some green filters and my numbers went from 286RWHP 282RWTQ to 317RWHP 327RWTQ
Old 10-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Jeep Liberty
AMG-Jerry,
Did you notice a difference in throttle response, hp, or what when you did the plug and wire mod?

I hear of this often on the board but not sure of the difference. I am under the impression that if I (in addition to RENNtech stage 1) do the SL55 Splitter and Evo Headers, and run 101 octane fuel I could obtain 450-465hp at the crank all day.

Sound reasonable?
Old 10-05-2006, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
AMG-Jerry,
Did you notice a difference in throttle response, hp, or what when you did the plug and wire mod?

I hear of this often on the board but not sure of the difference. I am under the impression that if I (in addition to RENNtech stage 1) do the SL55 Splitter and Evo Headers, and run 101 octane fuel I could obtain 450-465hp at the crank all day.

Sound reasonable?
If your car is tuned for 93, you can get about 440hp with those mods on a strong car. Running 101 won't do much since your ECU isn't tuned for it. I've tried 100 octane and it didnt do a thing.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Almost a Member!

Jeep Liberty
Originally Posted by jgsx
If your car is tuned for 93, you can get about 440hp with those mods on a strong car. Running 101 won't do much since your ECU isn't tuned for it. I've tried 100 octane and it didnt do a thing.
I am not that smart about some of the inner workings of the ECU. Maybe I am missing something. I posted a new thread to inquire about 101 fuel everyday in our C32's. I can tell a clear difference between 91 and 101 in my car and it's not phycological. The gas quality is bad in AZ. Maybe that's the differnce I am feeling between 91 vs 101 here. I am so confident of a small hp increase that I am going to have a dyno test done with 101 in a couple weeks. Then I will compare it to the one I had done a couple weeks ago.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I addressed that in the other thread you started