Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
how big of a kit did you get?
Old 10-06-2006, 12:47 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jturkel
i dont know of anyone else who has done this to a C32, but Im gonna try it
are you putting the kit on? are you going to have it tuned on a dyno? is a shop installing this? have you ever used nitrous before? what size shot are you using? do you have a wideband in your car? there are plenty of other questions i could ask, but if you can answer those, your car may have a chance at surviving...
Old 10-06-2006, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
are you putting the kit on? are you going to have it tuned on a dyno? is a shop installing this? have you ever used nitrous before? what size shot are you using? do you have a wideband in your car? there are plenty of other questions i could ask, but if you can answer those, your car may have a chance at surviving...
My friend(who is extremely mechanically inclined) will be installing it. We will tune it on the street with the Innovate LM1 wideband. I have not used nitrous before but I am familiar with it and my friend has experience. We will start out on the 35hp jets and work our way up. Fuel pressure will also be monitored with the associated gauge.

The only thing my friend is concerned about is how the fuel system will respond to the extra fuel needed for the nitrous. I would like to find out the specs of the stock fuel pressure and what lph the fuel pump produces in order to decide on switching to a larger pump. Also, there should be a protective coating on the blower blades which could get damaged from the n20 but I don't think it will.

I guess time will tell, the key is to keep the car under close watch and to ensure that the tune stays fairly conservative so I don't run into detonation problems.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S/C M3 Vert, 2004 E55

Lets just say (I dont have it but have thought about it quite a bit).
Zex wet kit professionally tuned with a 75 shot (completely stock, 50 shot with stg 2 kits). No wideband and where can you dyno tune a benz besides like evosport, renntech, etc. where you have to send the ecu you to get reflashed (thats prolly what ur talking about)

If done right and used properly I dont see many problems. Wideband would be very good to have though with knowledge on what reads out too.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:12 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by albanianbenz
Lets just say (I dont have it but have thought about it quite a bit).
Zex wet kit professionally tuned with a 75 shot (completely stock, 50 shot with stg 2 kits). No wideband and where can you dyno tune a benz besides like evosport, renntech, etc. where you have to send the ecu you to get reflashed (thats prolly what ur talking about)

If done right and used properly I dont see many problems. Wideband would be very good to have though with knowledge on what reads out too.
no, with a wideband you can actually tune how the A/F reacts...at least with a wet shot, this is the only way that you have control over the A/F ratio on a car where you can't tune the Ecu...
Old 10-06-2006, 01:17 AM
SPONSOR

My friend(who is extremely mechanically inclined) will be installing it. We will tune it on the street with the Innovate LM1 wideband. I have not used nitrous before but I am familiar with it and my friend has experience. We will start out on the 35hp jets and work our way up. Fuel pressure will also be monitored with the associated gauge.

The only thing my friend is concerned about is how the fuel system will respond to the extra fuel needed for the nitrous. I would like to find out the specs of the stock fuel pressure and what lph the fuel pump produces in order to decide on switching to a larger pump. Also, there should be a protective coating on the blower blades which could get damaged from the n20 but I don't think it will.

I guess time will tell, the key is to keep the car under close watch and to ensure that the tune stays fairly conservative so I don't run into detonation problems.
with the way that the supercharger is routed on this car, you could end up injecting the fuel and nitrous after the supercharger...
Old 10-06-2006, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Yes, you could if I wanted to run a direct port setup after the throttle body but I dont want to drill into my intake manifold in order to set it up. I want to be able to remove the parts without too much trouble in which a single fogger shot would be the way to go. Do you know anything about the coating on the blower blades?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:51 AM
SPONSOR

Yes, you could if I wanted to run a direct port setup after the throttle body but I dont want to drill into my intake manifold in order to set it up. I want to be able to remove the parts without too much trouble in which a single fogger shot would be the way to go. Do you know anything about the coating on the blower blades?
honestly, no...you might want to check with lysolm, since it is their supercharger, or check with whipple or kenne bell...they might be able to shed some light on the coating issue...might also be able to ask a reputable tuner/performance shop that works on cobras/lightnings, has installed some aftermarket blowers, they should be able to answer the question on the coating...
Old 10-06-2006, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
So you are going to inject NOX and fuel through the supercharger! That should be interesting.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Congrats, welcome to the N20 club. And yeah, I dont think its possible to have a wet shot run through the supercharger. The ECU may be able to adapt to a small dry shot so maybe you could try running that through the s/c.

I currently run a 75 shot with no problems. I've used up over 3 bottles already and its running good. I'm thinking about going up to a 100 shot, but then I would force myself to do a purge and bottle warmer which all costs money (about $1200). I got my car tuned on the dyno. Since your going with a small shot you might be able to get away with street tuning. Here's a link to my thread https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209/158510-just-ordered-nitrous-kit.html

And with my seat of the pants experience, I dont think anything under a 75 shot is enough to make a major difference. If your planning on keeping it at a 35 or even 50, I don't think it will justify the price and risks. I'd rather get headers or something. If your gonna do Nitrous, do it the right way and go all out

What kind of setup are you getting, NOS, NX? I wouldnt suggest Zex.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 E55
Wet system is not a good idea, you should use dry!!! If anything ever makes a spark inside supercharger it will blow up. remember nitrous is not flamable but mix it with gas and spark... KABOOM!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by C32AMG_FL.
Wet system is not a good idea, you should use dry!!! If anything ever makes a spark inside supercharger it will blow up. remember nitrous is not flamable but mix it with gas and spark... KABOOM!!!!!!

Wet versus dry nitrous systems
Old 10-06-2006, 07:28 PM
SPONSOR

i would not do a dry shot on our cars, just not safe without being able to tune it...and i would not put a wet shot that was run through the supercharger, it would have to be injected after the intercooler, like most setups are on turbocharged motors...
Old 10-07-2006, 11:25 PM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Correct me if I am wrong, but...isn't NOS supposed to be really bad for the engine and transmission?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Originally Posted by kchristos
Correct me if I am wrong, but...isn't NOS supposed to be really bad for the engine and transmission?
It's called NITROUS OXIDE
It's bad if you squeeze and mis-shift or squeeze at low RPMS.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:07 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by kchristos

i am correcting you, you are wrong!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by C32AMG_FL.
A dry kit requires a fuel pressure regulator to compensate additional fuel. The C32 does not have a fpr. And the stock computer will not compensate that much additional fuel. As for placing the placing the fogger nozzle before the supercharger, I would be scared that the fuel would puddle. I have run nitrous on my previous cars without a problem. You might also want to contact SlivaC32 on the forum. I believe I heard something about him running nitrous on his car In the past. Nitrous is fairly safe as long as there is enough fuel to prevent running lean.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
finally my chance to use this smilie
Old 10-29-2006, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
with the way that the supercharger is routed on this car, you could end up injecting the fuel and nitrous after the supercharger...
What kind of power difference is there between putting the shot before or after the SC?
Old 10-29-2006, 02:54 AM
SPONSOR

it depends on whether you are doing a wet shot or a dry shot...a wet shot before the supercharger is usually a bad idea because you run the risk of the fuel puddling in the intercooler(if you are wondering why this is bad, just picture a big explosion with a gaping hole where your supercharger used to be )...a dry shot on the other hand is actually useful before the supercharger because it cools the intake air charge...the only problem with a dry shot on this car is that i don't know of anyone right now that will tune the car with a dry shot...
Old 06-28-2007, 02:52 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Any updates on this? Car blow up yet?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Any updates on this? Car blow up yet?
Yeah, he's the guy selling the engine block on ebay
Old 06-28-2007, 04:22 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
Yeah, he's the guy selling the engine block on ebay

lol...
Old 06-28-2007, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
it depends on whether you are doing a wet shot or a dry shot...a wet shot before the supercharger is usually a bad idea because you run the risk of the fuel puddling in the intercooler(if you are wondering why this is bad, just picture a big explosion with a gaping hole where your supercharger used to be )...a dry shot on the other hand is actually useful before the supercharger because it cools the intake air charge...the only problem with a dry shot on this car is that i don't know of anyone right now that will tune the car with a dry shot...
Hey fast:

I agree with you totaly

I had a whipple on my Mustang and ABSOLUTELY you can NOT run a wet shot through the blower. The impellers/rotors are set for DRY AIR clearance. IT will Hydralicly LOCK the blower, bad mo jo here

And you are right that the ECU will not adapt to a simple dry shot, as it will be WELL above the normal parameteers, ie sensors.

But, a dry shot is a GREAT intercooler as I did not have one on my whipple

Good luck, and yes I don't want to buy any of his old parts a month from now from EBAY

See yeah

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ok, here we go, just ordered a wet nitrous kit for the C32