C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Street Race

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Race

Does anyone know where there is going to be some good SR's tonight. I feel like taking out my baby. I heard Ontario is dying down.. to many ricers. Anyone else know of any other good ones in the So cal area??
Old 03-10-2007, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by shanetoast
Does anyone know where there is going to be some good SR's tonight. I feel like taking out my baby. I heard Ontario is dying down.. to many ricers. Anyone else know of any other good ones in the So cal area??
fast and the furious. hahaha so cal drift.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Dude, give us some heads-up when you plan on leaving your brain at home. I'd like to make sure me and my family are off the streets when you do.

Do you read the newspaper, about all the deaths and arrests from street racing?
Old 03-11-2007, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Here's an idea:

http://www.infineonraceway.com/

Join a club (any major make) and participate in their track events. Do one track event and you will realize how LAME street racing really is. I attend Audi Club events (a nice "cultural" match for me and the C32. I've heard Mazda Club is also open to non-Mazda drivers. You've never really raced until you've done it on track. And you have a lot of great tracks around you.

Last edited by Fifth Ring; 03-11-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:09 AM

Im not to worried about getting a ticket or having the car taken away. Because it wont happen. The car is fully stock and they only mess with the ricers. I wasnt planning on really racing unless it was worth it. And i dont think you and your family would being going down the same street as the SR's unless you take a short cut through the warehouse district. But if you are i think your looking for the SR's also. Im sure the tracks are fun but there not open 24/7 im sure if they were we wouldnt have SR's. Ill make my way to them one day. until then SR on.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Im sure the tracks are fun but there not open 24/7 im sure if they were we wouldnt have SR's. Ill make my way to them one day. until then SR on.

Gee. I never thought of it that way. Street racing is necessary because race tracks just don't have convenient hours of operation.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Im not to worried about getting a ticket or having the car taken away. Because it wont happen.
Oh, if that's the case, then don't worry. Just SR wherever. Good luck. I hope you "win".

Geez. I'm glad there is a "shaking my head" smile, because that is what I'm doing right now.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Im not to worried...until then SR on.
I'm pretty sure this MBWorld member was not worried either. He's very fortunate to be alive. Reckless speed kills

I hope you don't end up being your screen name: Toast.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails Street Race-p1010255.jpg  
Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Dude, give us some heads-up when you plan on leaving your brain at home. I'd like to make sure me and my family are off the streets when you do.

Although I am a little more than quick car ride away
Old 03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
Gee. I never thought of it that way. Street racing is necessary because race tracks just don't have convenient hours of operation.
Finally someone sees things the way I do
Old 03-12-2007, 01:18 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Man I used to go to street races when I was younger in houston, but now I realize how dumb and careless they are. I agree with the others on this board, go to a track.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Drive down to San Diego.. We have drag racing at Qualcomm stadium on Friday nights. The next event is on March 23rd.. 6pm to midnight. They also do autocross there on the weekends, but not sure of all the details.

http://racelegal.com/news/news.asp
Old 03-12-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by amgmark
Drive down to San Diego.. We have drag racing at Qualcomm stadium on Friday nights. The next event is on March 23rd.. 6pm to midnight. They also do autocross there on the weekends, but not sure of all the details.

http://racelegal.com/news/news.asp
Perfect sounds good. If i dont go to Alaska Im there.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ScottW911
I'm pretty sure this MBWorld member was not worried either. He's very fortunate to be alive. Reckless speed kills

I hope you don't end up being your screen name: Toast.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROC%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG]
I dont usually race, unless its with a friend in an industrial area with no cars on the side of the street. I just go to watch. I've been going since i was about 17-18 im now 22 and i've never been pulled over or even looked at when at police officer comes to break it up. They only go for rice. I think thats the best part watching ricers get pulled over. And like i've said before the only reason the street races do go on is because the track isnt open late enough. And it seems like some of you agree.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I dont usually race, unless its with a friend in an industrial area with no cars on the side of the street. I just go to watch. I've been going since i was about 17-18 im now 22 and i've never been pulled over or even looked at when at police officer comes to break it up. They only go for rice. I think thats the best part watching ricers get pulled over. And like i've said before the only reason the street races do go on is because the track isnt open late enough. And it seems like some of you agree.
1. We don't care whether or not you get a ticket. We worry about lives.

2. We are not agreeing with you. We are having fun at your expense.

Street racing is stupid because of the danger, not the tickets. You're better of adjusting your street racing urges to coincide with the times tracks are open than hoping tracks stay open all night to match your urges.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
1. We don't care whether or not you get a ticket. We worry about lives.

2. We are not agreeing with you. We are having fun at your expense.

Street racing is stupid because of the danger, not the tickets. You're better of adjusting your street racing urges to coincide with the times tracks are open than hoping tracks stay open all night to match your urges.

Damn straight! Stated with elequence, humor and accuracy.

Sir, you have summed it up perfectly. You have my respect.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Look at it this way - you will get caught or hurt someone at some point and the consequences of that might leave you without a license or just physically unable to drive even at a track day, on the off chance that your busy weekend schedule ever clears up during the day for a few hours.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:41 PM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Here is my 2c: Go to a racing school to first learn the basics of driving and then find a local autocross club to enjoy racing your car over the weekends in a safe manner for you and for the rest people in the road.

And by the way, not that it matters too much but once the cops see you racing, what ever car you are driving ricer or a Mercedes you are getting pulled over!