Yet Another New C32 Member

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Yet Another New C32 Member

I finally was able to purchase the car, but I guess patience helps. It's a 2002 C32.The car apparently did not come with xenons, but had what looks to be depo lights installed. The car also came with actual c55 amg rims. It has a starmarked warrarnty for 100k miles or until march of 09 and currently has 80k miles. Here are some of the pics and you maybe able to spot my old w202 in the back.

Last edited by loudandheard; 06-28-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
Congrats and welcome! Reminded me of how my car looked like before hanging out here...

You probably have no idea but one of the nicest upgrade that came with your car is the euro bumper strips. Looks clean!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
Congrats and welcome! Reminded me of how my car looked like before hanging out here...

You probably have no idea but one of the nicest upgrade that came with your car is the euro bumper strips. Looks clean!
and I thought the reason why the car didn't have the side markers was because it had no xenons, silly me. I'm assuming that the euro bunper strips was a mod or could they come like that from factory?
Old 06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
In Europe is standard. Here in the US... the orange side markers are standard. It was definitely a mod from the past owner(s).

You probably bought John's car. A guy from Sugarland that had a silver 02 with euro bumper strips and renntech wheels.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
In Europe is standard. Here in the US... the orange side markers are standard. It was definitely a mod from the past owner(s).

You probably bought John's car. A guy from Sugarland that had a silver 02 with euro bumper strips and renntech wheels.
I purchased it from a guy in the heights and he had purchased it from a guy in shreveport, louisiana, so I'm not sure if it was his. I forgot to mention that the car has a crack in the windshield and it starting to bothers me. I see you're from Houston, do you have any recommendations as to where I can have the windshield replaced and what kind of price am I looking at?
Old 06-28-2007, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
Windshields are one of my pet peeves. I have replaced mine TWICE in 6 months.

PN 2036703201, bought it from oempartsdirect.com, it was $250 plus shipping (like $30 I think)... I got quotes from various windshield places and the cheapest one was $100.

Once you have the windshield, make an appointment and they'll go to your place to replace it.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
The car seems to run strong, but when I get out of the car, I can't hear the intercooler running. Is there another way to tell if the intercooler is working or am I just being paranoid? I haven't driven a c32 before so I'm not sure what to expect, although I'm pretty happy with the performance. One other thing, where can I see if I have the valeo radiator and how can I tell if the headlights are depo head lights. I've searched the forum, but when I look at the engine I can't really see the radiator.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by loudandheard
The car seems to run strong, but when I get out of the car, I can't hear the intercooler running. Is there another way to tell if the intercooler is working or am I just being paranoid? I haven't driven a c32 before so I'm not sure what to expect, although I'm pretty happy with the performance. One other thing, where can I see if I have the valeo radiator and how can I tell if the headlights are depo head lights. I've searched the forum, but when I look at the engine I can't really see the radiator.
You should be able to see the label on the radiator if you look on the inside of the radiator to the right of the fan shroud. (drivers side)

The headlights look like the newer clear halogen's, and may even be OEM because they aren't that expensive.

Your car looks like it's on stilts! Time to put some springs on to lower it. You will be much happier with the ride too because it will reduce the body roll.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Congrats on your purchase, have fun
Old 06-30-2007, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Thanks everyone for the info. I did a little more research on the starmark warranty and I've been reading that the warranty is only transferrable to the second owner. Since I will be the third owner, is it true that the warranty will become void, although the warranty period is still valid?
Old 06-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
Congrats!! Car looks sharp! (good luck keeping it clean with all the rain you guys get!)
Old 06-30-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
I need to get this out of the way first... I HATE YOU! I am only saying this because I contacted the guy who owned your car before you and he was going to trade me the 18's for my stock 17's and 250. He seemed like a really cool guy and he had to sell because of a child or something like that. *I am sure its the same car, did you see it on craigslist... bc thats how I found the guy. If so you got a great deal... you paid around 19 right?

Ok so now that that is out of the way lets be friends.

So what part of Houston are you on? I am on the north (woodlands). 1FastC32 is on the south (clear lake)... so most likley there is a C around you. Me and Erick (1fastc32) were discussing a day to go to the 1/4 mile track just to have fun, and possibly some AutoX days if you are interested. Pm me and I will give you my number so we could hopefully one day meet up and have a nice little C32 of houston club day.

Any way I really like your car. I love the Euro strips and the rims. With the 18's you do need to lower it just a tad, you will be ok in houston even though the roads are terrible. Erick knows how to do springs so possibly you and I can get some together and we can all meet up to do it at someones house... just a though.

Well welcome to the club and sorry for the long post.
-Mike
Old 06-30-2007, 10:54 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Corrosive
I need to get this out of the way first... I HATE YOU! I am only saying this because I contacted the guy who owned your car before you and he was going to trade me the 18's for my stock 17's and 250. He seemed like a really cool guy and he had to sell because of a child or something like that. *I am sure its the same car, did you see it on craigslist... bc thats how I found the guy. If so you got a great deal... you paid around 19 right?

So what part of Houston are you on? I am on the north (woodlands). 1FastC32 is on the south (clear lake)... so most likley there is a C around you. Me and Erick (1fastc32) were discussing a day to go to the 1/4 mile track just to have fun, and possibly some AutoX days if you are interested. Pm me and I will give you my number so we could hopefully one day meet up and have a nice little C32 of houston club day.

Any way I really like your car. I love the Euro strips and the rims. With the 18's you do need to lower it just a tad, you will be ok in houston even though the roads are terrible. Erick knows how to do springs so possibly you and I can get some together and we can all meet up to do it at someones house... just a though.

-Mike

ditto! welcome! glad to see another C32 here in houston on this forum...

///AMG4EVER lives downtown and works out in pasadena, and we get together to hang out when we can...you have a nice car, so enjoy it and let us know if we can help...
Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
CONGRATS AND ENJOY! ITS A AMAZING LOOKING RIDE!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Corrosive

-Mike
Yeah, I found the car on craigslist and decided to call him up. I test drove the car right before you got yours I think. I told him I only could afford 17k and told him to keep me in mind. I figured out another way to get more money and I called him up 2 days later and he said his friend was intrested in the car, but said that he would rather sell to me. Well, about 2 1/2 weeks later I finally bought it for exactly 19k. Sorry, about your loss, lol. Yeah, the car's been great so far. I have the slight tranny jerk like everyone else, but I've noticed that I have the behr radiator so I'm not too worried about it.

I stay in Spring, so I'm real close to where you stay. I'm at 1960 and Kuykendahl to be precise. The AutoX sounds like it would be fun, but I'm really inexperienced with that kind of driving, but it sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

Yeah, I sure could use a slight drop, just don't want anything too significant, driving around houston is dangerous for your car. About the garage thing, I have a pretty good set up for anything mechanical in my backyard. We have everything from a large compressor to ratchets and I can always get any sort of tool we may need.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by amgmark
You should be able to see the label on the radiator if you look on the inside of the radiator to the right of the fan shroud. (drivers side)

The headlights look like the newer clear halogen's, and may even be OEM because they aren't that expensive.

Your car looks like it's on stilts! Time to put some springs on to lower it. You will be much happier with the ride too because it will reduce the body roll.
YEAH THE HEADLIGHT APPEAR OEM's MORE CURRENT CLEAR LIGHTS......KEEP THEM THEY LOOK NICE! IF YOU DO UPGRADE TO XENON THEN THERE ARE KITS THAT FIT THOSE AS WELL. DO A SEARCH AND YOU WILL FIND THE XENON KIT DEALERS LIKE CARLABS IN CALI.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
YEAH THE HEADLIGHT APPEAR OEM's MORE CURRENT CLEAR LIGHTS......KEEP THEM THEY LOOK NICE! IF YOU DO UPGRADE TO XENON THEN THERE ARE KITS THAT FIT THOSE AS WELL. DO A SEARCH AND YOU WILL FIND THE XENON KIT DEALERS LIKE CARLABS IN CALI.
I was looking at your old threads and it seems that your car came with the halogen c55 lights and you then added xenons. The thing about my car is that the headlights that came with it are what I assume are the new halogen mercedes lights and aren't projectors. I don't know if putting xenons in that type of headlight would give me the same affect as having projectors. I'm thinking that I will have to buy the c55 depo lights and then add a xenon kit. I would love to get factory xenons, but I doubt that I will be able to find them any where. Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by loudandheard
I was looking at your old threads and it seems that your car came with the halogen c55 lights and you then added xenons. The thing about my car is that the headlights that came with it are what I assume are the new halogen mercedes lights and aren't projectors. I don't know if putting xenons in that type of headlight would give me the same affect as having projectors. I'm thinking that I will have to buy the c55 depo lights and then add a xenon kit. I would love to get factory xenons, but I doubt that I will be able to find them any where. Anybody have any suggestions?
THERE ARE THREE WAYS:
1. YOU CAN BUY FACTORY USED BI-XENON HEADLIGHTS FROM MBENZL.COM
( HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED IF MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE 1K PLUS)
2. I SAW YOUR STLYE LIGHTS WITH XENON LIGHTS INSTALLED ON EBAY( ONLY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE CHEAP ROUTE $3-600 )
3. CALL A PLACE LIKE *CARLAB* AND EMAIL HIM A PICTURE OF YOUR LIGHTS AND HE WILL LET YOU KNOW IF HE HAS A XENON KIT TO FIT YOUR HOUSINGS ( CHEAPEST ROUTE $2-300 )

OK...THE LIGHTS IN THE CHEAP ROUTE ARE NOT REAL PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS BUT DO A SEARCH A MEMBER DID A PROJECTOR SWAP AND ITS LIKE REAL. I REALLY CAN'T COMPLAIN....ABOUT MY DEPO XENONS. THEY ARE BRIGHT AS HELL AND GIVES THIS CAR THE EXPENSIVE LOOK AS THOUGH THEY WEREN'Y EXPENSIVE FROM THE GET GO. PM ME ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OK? ///AMG