C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

help!! I can't get my headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver 2002 c32 amg
help!! I can't get my headers

for the last 2 months i have been trying to get the supersprint headers fitted to my car.

i found a tuning shop who said they could supply and fit them along with some other parts for a good price, and so i told them to order the parts and paid my deposit. then the other day i got an e-mail telling me that the importers for supersprint now say the c32 headers are no longer available and that supersprint stopped manufacturing them 2 years ago

can someone please confirm or deny this .

i really wanted them and I already have other parts waitng to go on to complete my quad exhaust

TIA..
Old 07-29-2007, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Yup, they're discontinued. There was talk about a group buy on a special run of them, but it didn't pan out. Evosport sells headers and 1FAST32 is working on developing a set as well.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:12 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
heard they're discontinued, but Supersprint North America http://www.supersprintna.com/product...arch_model/206 still list them in the search. part number 022 843 301. almost $2800 from supersprintNA.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Let me talk to Superspint on Monday. We just set-up last week as distibutors.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:05 PM

That price is ridiculous even if you can get them. Just buy evosport!
Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by jgsx
Yup, they're discontinued. There was talk about a group buy on a special run of them, but it didn't pan out. Evosport sells headers and 1FAST32 is working on developing a set as well.
should be interestiing to see what 1FAST32 comes up with , it may well be worth hanging on for a while
Old 07-30-2007, 06:03 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by m3_eater
That price is ridiculous even if you can get them. Just buy evosport!
i was quoted 1200 GBP fitted (about $2400) which i considered a good price

i would certainly be interested in the evosport headers if i can get them shipped over,
would they give the same results, i see that they've gone for ceramic coated mild steel instead of stainless
Old 07-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Evosport headers can be shipped to UK, no problem.

Mild steel with HiTemp Coating is less expensive to manufacture and lasts just as long.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
Evosport headers can be shipped to UK, no problem.

Mild steel with HiTemp Coating is less expensive to manufacture and lasts just as long.

Thanks vadim,
may well have to contact them and see how long it takes to deliver

i'm going to a 3/4 mile drag event in 2 weeks and was hoping to have everything completed by then, but it looks like i'm going to have to do without and run the car as is, problem is at the moment my car isn't running as it should
Old 07-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Thanks vadim,
may well have to contact them and see how long it takes to deliver
I can get them for you, we are evosport distributor. FedEx can get it to you within couple of days. You are welcome to PM, call or e-mail me and I will get them under way.

i'm going to a 3/4 mile drag event in 2 weeks and was hoping to have everything completed by then, but it looks like i'm going to have to do without and run the car as is, problem is at the moment my car isn't running as it should
That sounds like fun.

What kind of problems do you have?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:18 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
I can get them for you, we are evosport distributor. FedEx can get it to you within couple of days. You are welcome to PM, call or e-mail me and I will get them under way.

PM SENT

That sounds like fun.

What kind of problems do you have?
i seem to have a loss of power when launching, i.e supercharger not engaging

in the last 6 weeks to try and combat this problem and also due to other issues with the car i have had fitted

new alternator
I/C pump
A service, new set of plugs, tranny/torque covertor flush and oil change, coolant replaced + some other stuff i don't remember.

while they were carrying out the service, they pointed out that my supercharger pulley was vibrating badly which would mean a new clutch assembly, and that the idler pulley and belt also needed replacing all at great expense to me , so the car is going back in this week to have this sorted and i've got my fingers crossed that this will finaly solve my problems and get my car back to normal
Old 07-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
i seem to have a loss of power when launching, i.e supercharger not engaging

in the last 6 weeks to try and combat this problem and also due to other issues with the car i have had fitted

new alternator
I/C pump
A service, new set of plugs, tranny/torque covertor flush and oil change, coolant replaced + some other stuff i don't remember.
Make sure that they bled IC pump properly. I would recommend getting an OBDII scanner and monitoring Intake Air Charge Temperature and boost level. Stock car make 14.5 psi in 4th gear.

while they were carrying out the service, they pointed out that my supercharger pulley was vibrating badly which would mean a new clutch assembly, and that the idler pulley and belt also needed replacing all at great expense to me , so the car is going back in this week to have this sorted and i've got my fingers crossed that this will finaly solve my problems and get my car back to normal
I can believe idler going bad, but kompressor clutches have been reliable. How many miles do you have?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:50 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Make sure that they bled IC pump properly. I would recommend getting an OBDII scanner and monitoring Intake Air Charge Temperature and boost level. Stock car make 14.5 psi in 4th gear.

I can believe idler going bad, but kompressor clutches have been reliable. How many miles do you have?

when the car goes back in i'll get them to bleed the pump (it wasn't fitted by them i just got the OEM pump and had someone else fit it for me)

cars got just over 52,000 miles on the clock

when they told me about the pulley i lifted the bonnet to have a look myself and it does vibrate a lot,
i suggested that they just try changing the bearing but they said they cannot do this and insisted on replacing the whole clutch assembly

the performance seems fine once it's up and running and i've been testing it with my racelogic timing gear, i'm averaging between 5.7 -5.9 secs 0-60 so i'm pretty sure my supercharger is working but my average 60ft time is around 2.8 - 3.0 secs and when i try and floor it from a standing start with ESP switched of there is no wheelspin and the car seems to get bogged down for a second before it pulls away
Old 07-31-2007, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by timberman

when they told me about the pulley i lifted the bonnet to have a look myself and it does vibrate a lot,
i suggested that they just try changing the bearing but they said they cannot do this and insisted on replacing the whole clutch assembly

There's a thread here somewhere detailing how to replace your own bearing on the cheap including pics. That could solve your problem for pennies on the dollar.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by timberman
when the car goes back in i'll get them to bleed the pump (it wasn't fitted by them i just got the OEM pump and had someone else fit it for me)

the performance seems fine once it's up and running and i've been testing it with my racelogic timing gear, i'm averaging between 5.7 -5.9 secs 0-60 so i'm pretty sure my supercharger is working but my average 60ft time is around 2.8 - 3.0 secs and when i try and floor it from a standing start with ESP switched of there is no wheelspin and the car seems to get bogged down for a second before it pulls away
You have something wrong my friend.

My STOCK 04 runs consistant 4.90, 060 MPH Best 4.85
and consistant 2.0 60ft times. Best 1.95

This is with a street tire, Brigestone PP.

Good luck on the fix

See yeah
Old 07-31-2007, 05:04 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by m3_eater
There's a thread here somewhere detailing how to replace your own bearing on the cheap including pics. That could solve your problem for pennies on the dollar.

yeah I found the thread

I had a word with a engineer friend and got him to order me one from his supplier, i should get it in a few weeks, cost £26.00
Old 07-31-2007, 05:16 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
You have something wrong my friend.

My STOCK 04 runs consistant 4.90, 060 MPH Best 4.85
and consistant 2.0 60ft times. Best 1.95

This is with a street tire, Brigestone PP.

Good luck on the fix

See yeah
i'm hoping that replacing my supercharger clutch/pulley/bearing whatever will cure everything otherwise i'm running out of ideas

btw.. those are some nice times you've got there
Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
are you getting the full rev range? or experiencing occational lags in throttle response? if that's the case I would suggest checking the throttle position sensor (it's a single unit as the gas pedal).