i made 275/40r17 drag radials fit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG - Supra Turbo
i made 275/40r17 drag radials fit!

So i made Nitto NT555r Drag radials fit on my stock rims...

size is 275/40r17... they do not rub (anymore atleast)

heres pics!

tell me what you think!
ill give details as to what i had to do to make them fit later as i dont have much time to type right now

------
To start off i had to remove my rear lowering springs (if your car is not lowered then dont worry)... i put stock springs with a #2 spacer in.

There is a lip on the inside of the quarterpanel where the rear bumper attaches to the quarter... you have to file this down until it is flush with the rest of the inside of the wheel welll... Rolling the fenders WAS NOT Neccessary.. so i didnt do it

finally i had to align the car, 0.30* toe in the rear. It helped with the tracking a little bit

All in all, its a good fit. Car dead hooks now, all i gotta do is dust the tires off and lay down a little VHT TrackBite. there isnt even a need to burn out or heat them up.

I like nittos due to the fact that i run them on my drag car for street use, and they last relatively long, while they are still quite sticky

Last edited by CNCRaceParts; 08-27-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
awesome!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
wow that's a lot of rubber
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by CNCRaceParts
So i made Nitto NT555r Drag radials fit on my stock rims...

size is 275/40r17... they do not rub (anymore atleast)

heres pics!

tell me what you think!
ill give details as to what i had to do to make them fit later as i dont have much time to type right now

------
To start off i had to remove my rear lowering springs (if your car is not lowered then dont worry)... i put stock springs with a #2 spacer in.

There is a lip on the inside of the quarterpanel where the rear bumper attaches to the quarter... you have to file this down until it is flush with the rest of the inside of the wheel welll... Rolling the fenders WAS NOT Neccessary.. so i didnt do it

finally i had to align the car, 0.30* toe in the rear. It helped with the tracking a little bit

All in all, its a good fit. Car dead hooks now, all i gotta do is dust the tires off and lay down a little VHT TrackBite. there isnt even a need to burn out or heat them up.

I like nittos due to the fact that i run them on my drag car for street use, and they last relatively long, while they are still quite sticky
I put 275/35/19 Yokohama ES100 tires on my rear 19x9 SSR GT3 rim. I had to do the same thing, shaving and rolling the fender lining and bracket. Rolling probably wasn't necessary, but the shaving was a must. I also adjusted the negative camber to about 2* on each side when it was aligned. But I've been thinking about adjusting the toe; it still rubs a little on the bracket when I go through large dips. What's the stock rear toe in setting on a W203? I'm going to get it aligned again and have more toe out.

Traction is very good though on the ES100s, and 275 helps in the rear. No more tire spin, probably because the tires are new and softer. I had Nitto NT555 (not drag radials) before and they sucked.

Last edited by pshek; 08-27-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG - Supra Turbo
Originally Posted by pshek
I also adjusted the negative camber to about 2* on each side when it was aligned. But I've been thinking about adjusting the toe; it still rubs a little on the bracket when I go through large dips. What's the stock rear toe in setting on a W203? I'm going to get it aligned again and have more toe out.
my toe was set at .40*, i went to .20* and the camber is at 1.2*

do you have a camber kit? as when i was aligning my car there were no eccentrics to adjust camber with, so i just didnt touch it. It was in spec and it wasnt rubbing... however id like to get those lowering springs on

real question is, how did you adjust your camber in the rear?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
my toe was set at .40*, i went to .20* and the camber is at 1.2*

do you have a camber kit? as when i was aligning my car there were no eccentrics to adjust camber with, so i just didnt touch it. It was in spec and it wasnt rubbing... however id like to get those lowering springs on

real question is, how did you adjust your camber in the rear?
I adjusted the camber with aftermarket camber arms. I'm going to look at my last alignment record and see what the toe settings were on my car. The toe arm has an eccentric bolt, right? That was how you adjusted the toe? I wasn't sure if you needed to buy aftermarket toe arms to adjust the toe setting, or if you can just loosen the eccentric bolt and move the arm slightly.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG - Supra Turbo
Originally Posted by pshek
I adjusted the camber with aftermarket camber arms. I'm going to look at my last alignment record and see what the toe settings were on my car. The toe arm has an eccentric bolt, right? That was how you adjusted the toe? I wasn't sure if you needed to buy aftermarket toe arms to adjust the toe setting, or if you can just loosen the eccentric bolt and move the arm slightly.
yup you can adjust toe stock... there is an eccentric bolt there

where did you pick up the camber arms? link please?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
yup you can adjust toe stock... there is an eccentric bolt there

where did you pick up the camber arms? link please?
I bought them several months ago from CarlabMS for about $200.

Here is a link for info & pics.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
With that width, shouldn't they more like 35s?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:56 AM

2005 Renntech C class
275 is too wide for your 8.5" wheel btw =)

how much power are you putting down?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
isnt that a waste of tire weight and rubber, you added 8lbs of unsprung weight over the BFG DR in 225/45R17, my buddy has a C55 and runs mid 12's on these and they dont spin one bit. Im **** about weight and getting that last bit from my setup but thats just me.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by dorikin_86

Your right on about the width for Road racing, however for strickly drag racing, that 0.5" won't mean a thing

In a road race, yes the tire would roll over WAY too much and you would actually loose ALOT of grip, and rub the heck out of the car/suspension FYI

See yeah
Old 08-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Lookin good! Those are some fatty tires
Old 08-30-2007, 04:03 AM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG - Supra Turbo
Originally Posted by E55JAY
isnt that a waste of tire weight and rubber, you added 8lbs of unsprung weight over the BFG DR in 225/45R17, my buddy has a C55 and runs mid 12's on these and they dont spin one bit. Im **** about weight and getting that last bit from my setup but thats just me.
I had these tires left over from my supra... its what i usually run on the street... so i thought i might as well use them since shes going thru an overhaul with the stroker kit

Originally Posted by dorikin_86

yea a 275 is stretching is a bit, but realistically in drag racing when you drop down the pressure the tire is going to buckle a bit and the contact patch will still be almost as wide... had i put it on the a 9 inch wheel i would have a little more contact patch, but i was more concerned with the height of the tire... in drag racing, tire height is more important then tire width

plus they were just lying around... car doesnt make much power.. it will soon, but not yet... gotta finish one car before i take the other apart

Originally Posted by Bif powell
With that width, shouldn't they more like 35s?
in most cases yes... but i usually run 29 inch tall tires on my drag car, and i need tires as tall as possible to even trap... the sup is on a 3.77 rear end gear with a 3 speed that ends in a .99 gear... do the math and thats a top speed of 145 on a 26" tall tire... this was just a little experiment to even see if they would fit on the benz... and they did!!