Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' C32 - 07' H2 - 07' BMW K1200R
Angry You should all be ashamed...

Yes… you read the title correctly.
ASHAMED!!!

DO you people ever actually think about what you are talking about here?

Have you ever CONSIDERED what your graphic, irresponsible, no holds barred, detailed explanations about obtaining AND habitually using large amounts of “Horsepower” might do to an unsuspecting reader?

“Horsepower” is an addictive substance. Street names include “hp”, “horses” and “ponies”. One of themost addictive and sought after variations of Horsepower comes from across the Atlantic Ocean.

It is a well known fact that using super refined German Horsepower , often referred to as “PS” or “Pferdestärke”, JUST ONCE… can leave a person helplessly addicted to it for LIFE.

There is no known cure.

I was blinded by all the stories of “feeling the rush”, illusions of bending space and time at the mere twitch of my right foot, reports of the
hauntingly beautiful simultaneous low growling & high pitched whining sound, and intense feeling of becoming “one” with machine…swerving and moving by mere thought alone!!

Thanks to your blatant public glamorization of horsepower, and especially the mysterious allure of Refined German Horsepower…I am now an addict.

I can only wish that someone had taken the time to explain just how addictive “hp/PS” was, and I want to keep other people from making the same mistake I did.

I will always be a recovering horsepower addict…and it only took ONE time too!

LOL!!
Now that I have your attention I want to thank all of you and say hello!

After some serious lurking time, note taking, and drooling a lot... I bought a C32, and all I can say is that you guys were not kidding about the performance these cars are capable of! It has been just over three weeks since I first drove it (it was delivered cross country)...and I still can't get over the broad range of immediate power.

Now that I have finally own something to ask questions about...I would like your opinions on squeezing some more "Pferdestärke" (horse strength) out of it!!

2002 AMG C32: Curent Set Up
Current Dyno specs at 435 HP - 420 FT-LB Torque

Evosport Stage II
Powerchip/Evosport custom-tuned evolution II software Power Gains (CA 91 Octane)*: - +3 lbs Boost (0.2 bar)
-7" Crankshaft overdrive pulley
-Aluminum water pump pulley
-Aluminum alternator pulley
-Aluminum power steering pulley
-Two (2) belt tensioners w/ belt
Evosport Ceramic Coated High Performance Headers
Evosport pre-fabbed Stainless Resonator replacement pipe
Magnecor 8mm plug wires
Denso Iridium IK16 Plugs
SL55 Air Intake Splitter & Hose installation / Green Filters

Quaife ATB LSD Differential

Sprint Booster

Renntech Springs

Behr Radiator
OEM Valeo radiator replaced & upgraded to Behr + new fluids as a preventative measure since the stock unit is a known failure point on this chassis.

Intercooler pump upgrade

Ford Lightning Intercooler pump upgrade

Advan Ultra High Performance All-Season Tires

Upgrades going in next week:-SL55 air boxes & SL55 / K&N filters – sitting in garage - not installed yet
-LET Heat Exchanger
-LET Phenolic Spacers

Undecided (need your opinions) Upgrades:

-LET ZEX Wet Nitrous Kit ?
-Some kind of Cat-back exhaust system ?

Thanks again for all the info on the board, and in advance for your help & opinions!

See you in re-hab!!

Scott

Last edited by C32-4ME; 03-10-2008 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Quaife ATB Differential edit / forgot about Sprint Booster / typos
Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
great way to introduce yourself!

welcome...sound like a great car you have there.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I love this guy!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Awesome introduction and I'm amazed at all the mods you've done or the car already had when you purchased the car. Very impressive.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Character alert.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Sounds a lot like this one -
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...90#post2598890

Swap those IK16s for 22s before their electrodes melt.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by C32-4ME
ASHAMED!!!

DO you people ever actually thinkabout what you are talking about here?

Have you ever CONSIDERED what your graphic, irresponsible, no holds barred, detailed explanations about obtaining AND habitually using large amounts of “Horsepower” might do to an unsuspecting reader?

“Horsepower” is an addictive substance. Street names include “hp”, “horses” and “ponies”. One of themost addictive and sought after variations of

Horsepower comes from across the Atlantic Ocean.

It is a well known fact that using super refined German Horsepower , often referred to as “PS” or “Pferdestärke”, JUST ONCE… can leave a person helplessly addicted to it for LIFE.

There is no known cure.

I was blinded by all the stories of “feeling the rush”, illusions of bending space and time at the mere twitch of my right foot, reports of the
hauntingly beautiful simultaneous low growling & high pitched whining sound, and intense feeling of becoming “one” with machine…swerving and moving by mere thought alone!!

Thanks to your blatant public glamorization of horsepower, and especially the mysterious allure of Refined German Horsepower…I am now an addict.

I can only wish that someone had taken the time to explain just how addictive “hp/PS” was, and I want to keep other people from making the same mistake I did.

LOL!!

After some serious lurking time, note taking, and drooling a lot... I bought a C32, and all I can say is that you guys were not kidding about the performance these cars are capable of! It has been just over three weeks since I first drove it (it was delivered cross country)...and I still can't get over the broad range of immediate power.

Now that I have finally own something to ask questions about...I would like your opinions on squeezing some more "Pferdestärke" (horse strength)out of it!!

Evosport Stage II
Powerchip/Evosport custom-tuned evolution II software Power Gains (CA 91 Octane)*: - +3 lbs Boost (0.2 bar)
Magnecor 8mm plug wires
Denso Iridium IK16 Plugs

Renntech Springs

Behr Radiator
OEM Valeo radiator replaced & upgraded to Behr + new fluids as a preventative measure since the stock unit is a known failure point on this chassis.

Intercooler pump upgrade

Upgrades going in next week:-SL55 air boxes & SL55 / K&N filters – sitting in garage - not installed yet
-LET Heat Exchanger
-LET Phenolic Spacers

Thanks again for all the info on the board, and in advance for your help & opinions!

See you in re-hab!!

Scott

Dam man , you have it all, a supremely fast ride.

You are definately addicted if you need more after your brief ownership. 435 hp in that little car, you need to be cut off , relax and enjoy what you have. At this pace you will be stuffing an SLR motor in your 32.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Strung

out already?Wait until the dose of PS mixed with LSD get into you
Old 03-10-2008, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by splinter
Sounds a lot like this one -
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...90#post2598890

Swap those IK16s for 22s before their electrodes melt.
Good detective work! That is indeed the one that has caused all this trouble.

It lives in Washington State now.

I would like to give Tom a +100 for selling me the car, and explaining all the modifications he had installed on the C32.

The only mods I can take credit for is the Sprint Booster I installed. The SL55 airboxes (which Tom recomended and located for me) was his idea too, along with putting a catback system in. I found the heat exchanger & phenolic spacers - but hell, he probably was going to mention it to me next anyway!

I get a big smile every time I start it up. Hell...I walk down to the garage and just sit in it at night...making F1 shifting sounds and mentally zipping around Nuremberg, or playing the James Bond theme music and planning where the oil slick, smoke screen, and ejection seat buttons will be installed someday
Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
ASHAMED!!!

DO you people ever actually think about what you are talking about here?

“Horsepower” is an addictive substance. Street names include “hp”, “horses” and “ponies”. One of themost addictive and sought after variations of Horsepower comes from across the Atlantic Ocean.

There is no known cure.

LOL!!

Now that I have finally own something to ask questions about...I would like your opinions on squeezing some more "Pferdestärke" (horse strength) out of it!!

Evosport Stage II
Magnecor 8mm plug wires
Denso Iridium IK16 Plugs

Sprint Booster

Renntech Springs

Behr Radiator

Intercooler pump upgrade

-LET Heat Exchanger
-LET Phenolic Spacers

See you in re-hab!!

Scott
What a GREAT into

Welcome. Oh yeah, I am an addict to, its sad that medical science has NEVER found a cure yet. Maybe we could start a charity to help cure us all.

Contributions could come in the form of pulleies, Nitrous, or maybe even LARGE valve heads, just a thought.

See yeah
Old 03-10-2008, 06:49 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
sounds like you bought HAHA BYE's car. congrats and have fun.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 SL55, 2010 C63
Post pictures
Old 03-10-2008, 10:24 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Im impressed that someone else actually takes the time to search and read info on here without asking a bunch of repetitive questions....well done and welcome

Old 03-10-2008, 11:25 AM

2005 C55 AMG
There is NO cure! It's worse than crack!
I look back at my childhood where I always wanted the fastest Matchbox / Hot Wheels cars, as well as always trying to out pedal anyone I rode bikes with, and it all makes sense to me now. It's an addiction that starts early in life before we even realize it's happening.
As noted in my sig line, I have a Grand National (my third one), and it's supposed to be the "race car". In 1999 I bought a new LS1 Z28 which was supposed to strictly be a "daily driver". Well, it didn't take long before it was being modded, and eventually was a 441 rwhp, 11.50 1/4 mile daily driver. Makes sense, right...? So, after growing tired of shelling transmissions, and per 101k miles, it was time to trade it in for a "sensible" daily driver, hence my C55. I had told everyone I wanted a car that I would be able to just drive without beating the snot out of it. That sentiment lasted about 2 weeks before I got the bug to modify it starting w/ simple things, and eventually will move into the bigger stuff as finances are available. It's already made one trip to the track, and soon will go again.

The point being, no matter what you drive, if you've got "the addiction" you'll end up trying to milk extra horsepower or “Pferdestärke” out of anything you drive. And I've learned through all of this --- it's never enough! If I thought my tranny would've held on the Z28 I would've used nitrous to run mid 10's with it, even though it was plenty fast already.
I've found the only temporary cure to "speeditis" is money, or lack thereof.

And as others have mentioned above, this was a great introduction for you. The dramatic affect was priceless!

Last edited by JToups386; 03-10-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board.

You bought a very nice specimen. It looks like you are the 4th owner. This used to be m3_eater's C32:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...216&highlight=
Old 03-10-2008, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Scott, based on multiple posts that I've read, SL55 airboxes won't contribute to performance gain. You have the Y splitter installed and that's all you need. I'd say keep the stock airboxes to make your engine bay looks clean designwise.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:58 PM

Good detective work! That is indeed the one that has caused all this trouble.

It lives in Washington State now.

I would like to give Tom a +100 for selling me the car, and explaining all the modifications he had installed on the C32.

The only mods I can take credit for is the Sprint Booster I installed. The SL55 airboxes (which Tom recomended and located for me) was his idea too, along with putting a catback system in. I found the heat exchanger & phenolic spacers - but hell, he probably was going to mention it to me next anyway!

I get a big smile every time I start it up. Hell...I walk down to the garage and just sit in it at night...making F1 shifting sounds and mentally zipping around Nuremberg, or playing the James Bond theme music and planning where the oil slick, smoke screen, and ejection seat buttons will be installed someday

Greetings, and welcome to MBWorld! Your car was mine before I sold it to Tom. He didn't do any of those mods, I sold it to him fully modded and gave him the stock parts. BTW, I had a Sprint Booster on it before, but it must have been an early model because once I had Stage II installed (pulleys/chip), the car would accelerate to near redline in first and then go into limp mode. I think jgsx (user in Chicago) had the same problem with his. Anyway, I sold the Sprint Booster and never got around to trying another one.

So what did you end up paying for the C32? PM me if you'd rather not post it.

EDIT: forgot to mention that you should NOT install a catback system. Your AMG exhaust is just about perfect now with no resonator, and you won't see gains. In fact, you might see losses. STF to find posts from other owners who tried different exhaust configurations. Also, the car already has Green Filters, which are better than K&N IMHO. Your car is done modding (except for cooling, such as a nice upgraded heat exchanger), unless you want to get crazy (heads, cams, nitrous, etc) or start in on cosmetics.

Last edited by m3_eater; 03-10-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
What a GREAT into

Welcome. Oh yeah, I am an addict to, its sad that medical science has NEVER found a cure yet. Maybe we could start a charity to help cure us all.

Contributions could come in the form of pulleies, Nitrous, or maybe even LARGE valve heads, just a thought.

See yeah

+1
Old 03-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Lol, funny post. Where in WA do you live? :P
Old 03-11-2008, 02:58 AM

Howwwwwdy y'all!
  • rlee02135
  • vraa
  • loudandheard
  • transferred
  • splinter
  • juicee63
  • ohlord
  • MRAMG1
  • FrankW
  • andy_meng1024
  • loungn14
  • JToups386
  • FrankW
  • ///AMG4EVER
  • 360_iti
  • m3_eater
  • c32used
  • TruTaing

Thanks for the complements, hellos, and everything else - nice to meet you! The members here are very helpful and friendly just as I had hoped.

I was a nervous at first to post anything - as I knew next to nothing about Mercedes, AMG's, C32's, or performance modifications....so I should clear some things up and give proper credit where it is due.

Most importantly... I did not plan or install any of the performance mods on this car (except putting in the Sprint Booster).

I would love to take credit for them....but "Master Tuner" I am not. http://tts.imtranslator.net/5TM

1. m3_eater: Apparently this is who I should be most upset with - he is the guy who "refined" this C32 to a dangerously addictive level! HAHA BYE (Tom) was the "pusher" who got me hooked, took my $$...and turned me into a junkie.

Since this was your "creation" - I respect and greatly appreciate your opinion that "...the C32 is "done modding" (except for cooling, such as a nice upgraded heat exchanger), unless you want to get crazy (heads, cams, nitrous, etc)."

I will scratch the catback exhaust off the list right away.
I am going to go ahead with the heat exchanger and phenolic spacers, as it sounds like you approve.

Can you (everyone’s opinion is welcome) please tell me how you feel about the following issues?

2. SL 55 Air Boxes?
360_iti mentioned that other board posts lead him to believe that the installation of them will not provide any kind of advantage.

3. IK16s vs. 22s?
splinter warns me to "Swap those IK16s for 22s before their electrodes melt." Thanks for the warning! Fact is I do not know anything about this possible problem .
m3_eater ? Anyone...??

4. Zex Wet Nitrous?
Is this a bad thing waiting to happen? LET's web site makes it sound pretty simple and safe- only injecting the juice at full throttle. I do not know enough about the Mercedes engine and drive train to make guess how hard this would be on the system as a whole.

I am guessing that the engine would take a heat spike and spin up some serious revolutions - I think I read somewhere about the ECU shutting the fuel off at a certain high RPM level???
Old 03-11-2008, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by TruTaing
Lol, funny post. Where in WA do you live? :P
Nice looking ride

I am about an hour North in the Mt.Vernon area - how about you? Are you right in Seattle?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
nice ride. looks like you got a good deal as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:00 PM

03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Congrat C32-4me!

What is your 0-60mph and 1/4 mile time? 3.xx and low 11' something?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2008, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Congratulations! Excellent purchase! Very nice car, and very fast.
I drove mildly against Tom when he had that car in my home town. With all those mods he easily out accellerated me with my mods at the time (I think it was the LSD which I lack).
Do listen to the advice on the boards, especially M3_eater and splinter.
Pleased to know that our cars can go to a great home once tastefully modded (I hate wasting mods on stripping them off the car or selling to someone who does not appreciate them).

Regards,
Old 03-11-2008, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by CLKCLK
Congrat C32-4me!

What is your 0-60mph and 1/4 mile time? 3.xx and low 11' something?

Thanks
Unfortunately...I do not have the slightest idea There are no race tracks or drag strips where I live. The only thing around is a 1/4 mile clay oval sprint car track

I guess I could put real big tires on the drivers side and bolt a big wing to the roof and see what it could do?

Finding a safe stretch of nice blacktop out in the county should not be too hard, but I need to get one of those little computer "g-meters" that estimate 1/4 mile times and speeds.

The only thing I can compare to from my recent experience is a 2007 Cadillac Escalade I test drove with 405hp. It launched like a pissed off Tyrannosaurus Rex on crack.

I have not owned any "sports cars" except my '86 944 years ago. It "feels" like the C32 would put the Escalade to shame, and I am positive the 944 would have felt like paint drying compared to the 32.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: You should all be ashamed...