C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

what is this crap in the back seat of my C32!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
what is this crap in the back seat of my C32!!

Okay maybe its not crap. I know the red button can be pressed and it can be folded in so it doesn't stick out, but what is it for? I was thinking to secure a baby seat but I always thought that goes in the middle. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails what is this crap in the back seat of my C32!!-weirdthing.jpg  
Old 03-26-2008, 09:27 PM

2002 silver c32
child safety seat fasteners. the safety anchor is middle above the seats near your speakers. when you get kids, you will understand how it works
Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 PM

I'm 17. When I get kids I will probably have the option of teleporting them haha.
Thanks irvinec32, thats what I was thinking it was for.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by redfarsi
I'm 17. When I get kids I will probably have the option of teleporting them haha.
Thanks irvinec32, thats what I was thinking it was for.
you have got one bad a$$ for only being 17.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 PM

Thanks man. It's a 2004 with 44k miles. I don't plan on keeping it long becuase I fear the maintenance thats going to be needed soon.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
it's a 2004 . late model. should nt have any problems you cant tackle your self
I wish i had a 350hp car when I was 17. I only had a 255hp car, my rx7.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by moosejaw
......when I was 17. I only had a 255hp car, my rx7.
Shoot! - my first personally owned car was at 17. I had a Renault 5 1.1L that put out a whopping ~45 horsepower at the crank.
I was almost the only one my age with a car - friggin' loved that thing!

Trending Topics

Old 03-26-2008, 11:36 PM

damn that renault must of been bad ***! I always wanted a mazda 323 for some reason. It amazes me its like 1.8 liters, awd, turbo, 210hp. Pretty quick by its specs. My first car was a 1990 Twin Turbo 300zx. I love that car. I still have it.

I think that the 255hp rx-7 is quicker then the 350hp c32 because it's lighter. I wanted an rx-7 originally but it was out of my league.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
When I was 17 I had a dodge neon that got all the chicks in high school Being 29 and having a C55 still blows my mind. you might be a bit jaded when you get older not knowing what its like to drive a total ****b0x that brakes down on the way to school.
For real though why would you want to sell it? your not going to really get a better car all around unless you make a big upgrade. Its got nice looks, comfort, gobs of power, handling, and its a AMG Benz! but my struggles with relationships is due to my undying need for variety... so if you want to switch it up i understand
Old 03-27-2008, 01:17 AM

I like the AMG, but I was actually planning on getting a TL. It's mostly a personal choice. Having problems with the 300zx from time to time aids in that decision. I just got the benz so if it proves to be a sit-n-go car, I'll hold onto it. Both of the cars are nice, I just dont have time or money for headaches becuase something went wrong with the car. And.......I'm not going to work, screw that. I'm too young and money is tight now anyways. Some of you are affected more by the slowing economy then others.
Btw, if anyone is hating becase I'm 17 and I have a benz and a 300zx....when I was 13 or 14 I got ran over by a car and trust me, it wasn't pleasant. Hope you understand. I would probably get flamed on most forums for not deserving the car or being too young for it. Honestly, I don't think I deserve it but which one of you wouldn't get it if they had a choice to or not to. I don't get the feeling like it's "my car" because I didn't really work for it.

Last edited by redfarsi; 03-27-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I like the AMG, but I was actually planning on getting a TL. It's mostly a personal choice. Having problems with the 300zx from time to time aids in that decision. I just got the benz so if it proves to be a sit-n-go car, I'll hold onto it. Both of the cars are nice, I just dont have time or money for headaches because something went wrong with the car. And.......I'm not going to work, screw that. I'm too young and money is tight now anyways. Some of you are affected more by the slowing economy then others.
Btw, if anyone is hating because I'm 17 and I have a benz and a 300zx....when I was 13 or 14 I got ran over by a car and trust me, it wasn't pleasant. Hope you understand. I would probably get flamed on most forums for not deserving the car or being too young for it. Honestly, I don't think I deserve it but which one of you wouldn't get it if they had a choice to or not to. I don't get the feeling like it's "my car" because I didn't really work for it.

NO flame here. Sorry to hear about you getting hit. You got a killer car (cars) TL's are good cars too. but im not a fan or FWD and i think those are. Personally I went from a grampa S500 to C55 because i wanted something comfortable and fun. For the money the C55 was the best all around car IMO i could get for the loot. I tell you what

Your 17 headed off to college im guessing soon. imagine living at school driving an AMG as a freshman in collage. chicks will dig the car. then knowing your car is better than most of the people at your school. girls are going to notice that and you might find yourself in a hot chicks dorm room late at night only to walk out with a smile on your face in the AM. Trust me I've been there and its a good feeling. I had a Lexus in collage and I have to say honestly the car help out when i would take girls to the store and stuff like that. All in all just get what makes you happy.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:38 AM

Hahaha thats a good story. You are right there aren't many people with such killer cars, you could count them with your fingers. I know what you mean about the girls digging me for the car, I'm already exposed to that here i Chicago. I am just tired of the loud noise and rough ride and all that. I just wanna chill now thats it. haha.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:33 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i don't think my childseat fastener stick out that much on my car. unless you can pull them out.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by FrankW
i don't think my childseat fastener stick out that much on my car. unless you can pull them out.
Yeah Frank mine do on my 04. They do look a little silly I have to admit, but they are GREAT for my little mad MAX

See yeah
Old 03-27-2008, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
I also had the renault. Be nice now with gas

Originally Posted by boohooramblers
Shoot! - my first personally owned car was at 17. I had a Renault 5 1.1L that put out a whopping ~45 horsepower at the crank.
I was almost the only one my age with a car - friggin' loved that thing!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
I like the AMG, but I was actually planning on getting a TL. It's mostly a personal choice.

Too funny...I just went from a TL to the C32, and I don't look back at all. Once you have the power, the TL seems like a slow boat.

But, I do miss some of the options though...

Either way....good luck with your decision...

Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 PM

So far I've only been successfull at spotting ONLY two other c32's in Chicago so that makes me happy. A silver one and a black one.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 PM
SPONSOR

only two huh...

Lets see...had 2 other members C32's in my driveway last weekend, with a e55 as well.

But yes, they are only a handful out here.

You actually in the city? We are all out in the western burbs..
Old 03-28-2008, 12:15 AM

Yep I'm in the actual city. I live far on the west side of the city like 5 minutes away from the suburbs like Elmwood Park and Harwood Heights.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy

Your 17 headed off to college im guessing soon. imagine living at school driving an AMG as a freshman in collage. chicks will dig the car. then knowing your car is better than most of the people at your school. girls are going to notice that and you might find yourself in a hot chicks dorm room late at night only to walk out with a smile on your face in the AM. Trust me I've been there and its a good feeling.
Haha....this is all too familiar. I got my 02 C32 for my 16th birthday about 5 years ago and brought the AMG to college, where we both still reside. unfortunately, tucson and rampant car burglaries has not treated me well. freshmen year, i parked my car in a covered parking garage overnight the entire year. one night, i forgot to take down and hide my radar detector. i was awoken in the middle of the night with a knock on my dorm room to find out my car had been broken into. some f**cker stole a digital camera and my V1 and i was pissed. not to mention they made some nice dinks all across up top my window and a nice little dent from the pry bar that was used.

if you (redfarsi) take it to college, enjoy it, but be careful and be safe!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
SPONSOR

Yep I'm in the actual city. I live far on the west side of the city like 5 minutes away from the suburbs like Elmwood Park and Harwood Heights.
too funny... Im out by naperville. Will have to remember you and bounce you a pm when we get together.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by loungn14
too funny... Im out by naperville. Will have to remember you and bounce you a pm when we get together.

mmmmmm amgggggg meeets. sounds sweet hehe
Old 03-28-2008, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I like the AMG, but I was actually planning on getting a TL. It's mostly a personal choice. Having problems with the 300zx from time to time aids in that decision. I just got the benz so if it proves to be a sit-n-go car, I'll hold onto it. Both of the cars are nice, I just dont have time or money for headaches becuase something went wrong with the car. And.......I'm not going to work, screw that. I'm too young and money is tight now anyways. Some of you are affected more by the slowing economy then others.
Btw, if anyone is hating becase I'm 17 and I have a benz and a 300zx....when I was 13 or 14 I got ran over by a car and trust me, it wasn't pleasant. Hope you understand. I would probably get flamed on most forums for not deserving the car or being too young for it. Honestly, I don't think I deserve it but which one of you wouldn't get it if they had a choice to or not to. I don't get the feeling like it's "my car" because I didn't really work for it.
I actually agree with you about the warranty issue. I would personally not own a Mercedes (or a BMW) without warranty. Parts and labor are so expensive, and if there is something that you can't do yourself or just don't have the time to do so, then you will be in trouble. Just a couple of trips to the dealer can cost you more than the warranty amount. On my CL (which is supposed to be one of the highest quality models0, the navigation unit just died one day, and was replaced under warranty (price would've been $3,500 dollars including a special discount ). However that being said, you can always extend the warranty or buy an aftermarket warranty....

The TL is a great car by the way.... Great navigation, excellent voice recognition and lots of voice commands, and excellent options. It is very high-tech, very comfortable, very stylish, and very reliable. Believe it or not, the first scheduled maintenance/tune-up (aside from the normal oil changes, etc....) is at 105,000 miles But like somebody said, the bad thing about it is the front wheel drive thing

In the end, you can't go wrong with either car. But if you can keep your C32, you should go for it....
Old 03-29-2008, 12:46 AM

WOW 105,000 thats unbelievable.

Btw, anyone on here with a black c32? I seen somoene driving it down a side street. Odell I believe. Took a right turn and floored it and the tires were peeling out while it was going like 20 miles per hour. Not the best treatment but I tought it was sexy.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Your 17 headed off to college im guessing soon. imagine living at school driving an AMG as a freshman in collage. chicks will dig the car. then knowing your car is better than most of the people at your school. girls are going to notice that and you might find yourself in a hot chicks dorm room late at night only to walk out with a smile on your face in the AM. Trust me I've been there and its a good feeling. I had a Lexus in collage and I have to say honestly the car help out when i would take girls to the store and stuff like that. All in all just get what makes you happy.
From my experience, a four door Benz is not the best chick magnet. Maybe it was just the environment at my high school, but other than the obligatory "nice car" most people don't give a second look at the C55 (just the way I want it though!). My friend's Lexus SC430, on the other hand, had girls all over it.

I haven't brought my car to college, though it hasn't stopped me from having a smile on my face in the morning...

Anyways, there should be another Chi-town meet! Weather is getting (somewhat) nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what is this crap in the back seat of my C32!!