C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Idiot valet dented my rims!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32
Idiot valet dented my rims!!!

So like the title says the dumb *** driver put a huge 2 inch dent in my left driver side rim

I'll have pictures up tmr since its already 11:30 pm here.

What i wanna know is if anyone here has experience dealing with this problem. Unfortunately i didnt take any pictures before hand so i dont really have any proof except for some pictures i took just a little while ago.

Any replies are appreciated.

Thanks Ken.

EDIT:

Heres some pics:

Last edited by tokyo0one; 06-29-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"One Man. One Engine."
Start complaining to the ones in charge!!!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:13 AM

'03 C32
Well i went back to the restaurant right away and the driver denied my accusations. They also said that they wont be able to do anything until next Wednesday since we have a long weekend until next Tuesday.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:19 AM

"One Man. One Engine."
Originally Posted by tokyo0one
Well i went back to the restaurant right away and the driver denied my accusations. They also said that they wont be able to do anything until next Wednesday since we have a long weekend until next Tuesday.
It is a toughie, you might have to take the hit...I really hate valet service.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
Wow that sux. Which restaurant valet dented ur rims?
I'm gonna avoid that place.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:24 AM

'03 C32
It was at Monks McQueen near Cambie Bridge. Going to call their GM but i know i'm in a really bad position.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:02 AM

03 c32
Your insurance deductible is more than likely higher than what it would cost to fix the wheel.
The fact that the restaurant mgmt stated that they would address the matter on Tues/Wed is a plus. Don't settle for anything. Get the restaurant owner on the phone, and get a face to face mtg immediately to support the case and create accountability.

Trending Topics

Old 06-29-2008, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Ken
did u point it out at the restuarant? when you picked up your car?

Or did you go home, notice it and then go back?

If the latter, then ur out of luck. If you niticed while walking around your car in the presence of the valet then it's a valid argument.

Monk Mcqueens is a very good restaurant backed up by a massive comglomerate that owns other high profile places in Van. I'd say it;s at least the no3 restaurant in the city behind Salmon House in WVan and Prosepct Point in terms of reputation. And Vancouver is well known for it's food.

Whatever you do, be calm and explain what happened to the manager . Most people freak out and start demanding things. If you dont get what you want initially, dont raise a stink. You'll get what through professionalism and courtesy even though it wasnt shown to you.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
A valet dented one of my rims at the Canada Walk of Fame Gala event back in 2006. On the parking/claim stub it said very clearly that the company was not liable for any damage to the vehicle. Tried to fight it but got nowhere. Since then I have looked at the claim stub every time I have used a valet service and they have all said the same thing. Not liable for damage.

Last edited by NORTH 44 C63; 06-29-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:05 PM

'03 C32
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Ken
did u point it out at the restuarant? when you picked up your car?

Or did you go home, notice it and then go back?

If the latter, then ur out of luck. If you niticed while walking around your car in the presence of the valet then it's a valid argument.

Monk Mcqueens is a very good restaurant backed up by a massive comglomerate that owns other high profile places in Van. I'd say it;s at least the no3 restaurant in the city behind Salmon House in WVan and Prosepct Point in terms of reputation. And Vancouver is well known for it's food.

Whatever you do, be calm and explain what happened to the manager . Most people freak out and start demanding things. If you dont get what you want initially, dont raise a stink. You'll get what through professionalism and courtesy even though it wasnt shown to you.
Well i found out about the dent when i went to get a fill up. Called them right away and they took down my information. I remain optimistic because the management did seem professional. However, i am in a bad position since i did drive off the lot without inspecting my car. I might be sorry out of luck and down a couple bills but hopefully they'll reimburse me for the damage since its within a reasonable amount.

We'll see what happens.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:41 PM

05 CLK55
Yo bro! that's a sad report... but I thought i told you about this. I was staying in the airport's hotel in Van, and they had a valet parking there. They took my car and the next day I found there was a 5 inch scratch on my rim. Like yourself, I found out when I was home. I didn't even bother going through all the hassle man I knew right the way, I wouldn't get anything back, other than maybe a coupon for my next stay LOL just think about it, if you don't catch them doing it, who's gonna admit he's ****ed up a thousand dollars worth rim? I guess you'll have to bare this wound man. I know it's disappointing, but on the good note, you no longer have to treasure the rims so much now. I don't know if that's you, but for me, i felt less worried now ever since the first scratch landed on my rims. lol

P.S. the worse thing that pissed me off was: I gave that m*ther f*ker tips tooo!!!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:58 PM

'03 C32
Originally Posted by D_Star
Yo bro! that's a sad report... but I thought i told you about this. I was staying in the airport's hotel in Van, and they had a valet parking there. They took my car and the next day I found there was a 5 inch scratch on my rim. Like yourself, I found out when I was home. I didn't even bother going through all the hassle man I knew right the way, I wouldn't get anything back, other than maybe a coupon for my next stay LOL just think about it, if you don't catch them doing it, who's gonna admit he's ****ed up a thousand dollars worth rim? I guess you'll have to bare this wound man. I know it's disappointing, but on the good note, you no longer have to treasure the rims so much now. I don't know if that's you, but for me, i felt less worried now ever since the first scratch landed on my rims. lol

P.S. the worse thing that pissed me off was: I gave that m*ther f*ker tips tooo!!!
Yeah i remember but once you see the dent your jaw will drop. A whole chunk is gone. Did you end up refinishing it afterwards?? The S***** part is that i'll have to go through the trouble of replacing my stock rims so i can get the damaged rim refinished.

PS. did you decide if you're coming back late summer yet??
Old 06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
i don't trust valet, people always think i'm crazy because of it
i'd rather walk farther
sucks to hear your story
Old 06-29-2008, 06:17 PM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
you people are a bunch of speculating uninformed individuals who are giving this poor guy BAD advice.

I valeted at a local country club here for a couple years and i know for a FACT that valet services HAVE to be insured.. hmm i wonder what that insurance is for.. i dont give a **** what the stubs say, ours said the same thing and when a guest backed his car 30 yards into a car that i was sitting in waiting to park, the club's insurance paid for the damage.

all you have to do is notify their insurance company. or notify your insurance company and they will harass their insurance company to compensate their client (you)
Old 06-29-2008, 06:25 PM

05 CLK55
Originally Posted by tokyo0one
Yeah i remember but once you see the dent your jaw will drop. A whole chunk is gone. Did you end up refinishing it afterwards?? The S***** part is that i'll have to go through the trouble of replacing my stock rims so i can get the damaged rim refinished.

PS. did you decide if you're coming back late summer yet??
Yo man, I just read you already have made some effort to contact these people. So don't give up now, they might just bite. But like fishing, gota be patient and and reasonable. Please send me some pics or post them here, a chuck sounds awful! just hope that idiot didn't break anything else. In the mean time, you should get a quote from a repair shop if you haven't done so. I have done refinishing to my stock rims before, a reputable shop in Van is "Greens", located close to 海叔 the Brabus dealer. I guess it would be better if the restaurant people know how much the repair is, so they don't over estimate and refuse your report.

I am planning Mid August, but sh*t I might be moving in August, so I don't know man...
Old 06-29-2008, 06:29 PM

05 CLK55
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
you people are a bunch of speculating uninformed individuals who are giving this poor guy BAD advice.

I valeted at a local country club here for a couple years and i know for a FACT that valet services HAVE to be insured.. hmm i wonder what that insurance is for.. i dont give a **** what the stubs say, ours said the same thing and when a guest backed his car 30 yards into a car that i was sitting in waiting to park, the club's insurance paid for the damage.

all you have to do is notify their insurance company. or notify your insurance company and they will harass their insurance company to compensate their client (you)
Here you go Ken, it's better to get the inside story.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by SeeKlasse

And indeed you are wrong, i used to be in the restaurant industry. I have seen many cars damaged, noones says nothing, Next dau patron comes back blah, blah. Pretty much he saud, she said kind of deal. Valet gets off and the patron winds up paying for his own car.

Restaurants always outsource the valet. A smart guy sets up his Valet service as a DBA (Doing Business As) That way they can fly the coop when the sh*t hits the fan.
Do they have insurance? Sure if the local gov't does an inspection, always a handy thing to have. But once a claim popos up. Close up shop and open up as someone else the next day.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:36 PM

'03 C32
Pics have been added. Refer to first post.

BTW i'd imagine refinishing to be around $200.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:29 PM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
thats a really nasty curbing... what a ****ty valet, ive parked thousands of cars without even a scratch (except for when someone else ran into the car i was parking)

i digress, if the restaurant is using a valet service like Ameripark, for example, that company has an insurance policy that handles all that stuff, they dont even care if you make a claim they just pass it on to their insurance company which i imagine they pay a hefty sum every month for coverage.

good luck with everything...
Old 06-29-2008, 10:44 PM

04 CLK 500, 07 GSX-R 750, S 550, 09 Jeep GC
Yea smae here, that valet just shouldn't be working there. I'm in college right now and i've been a valet for about a year and a half to make some extra green. in that time i've parked about 25000 cars, and i've never had a incident with a vechicle.

as he said was the valet service outsourced?

companies like ameripark and townpark have insurance companies that handle all that.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:08 PM

c55
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55
A valet dented one of my rims at the Canada Walk of Fame Gala event back in 2006. On the parking/claim stub it said very clearly that the company was not liable for any damage to the vehicle. Tried to fight it but got nowhere. Since then I have looked at the claim stub every time I have used a valet service and they have all said the same thing. Not liable for damage.
they all say that but does not mean that you don't have recourse. they are meant to discourage claims and assume that they have taken at least ordinary care. if its damaged, they haven't taken ordinary care and therefore the clause should not protect them.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:37 PM

'03 C32
Forgot

to mention that the manager i was talking to said that they do have insurance for their valet company. However, i dont know if they have any intent on filing a claim. Obviously if they dont file a claim then i will. But nothing can really be done until the long weekend is over.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Eurosport
i don't trust valet, people always think i'm crazy because of it
i'd rather walk farther
sucks to hear your story
+1

i never valet for that reason
Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
Originally Posted by jturkel
+1

i never valet for that reason
+2
Cali valet= Tq the SHI8 out of ur car.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:37 AM

not stock.
that really blows.... thats why i never really valet unless "I" get to park the car in front of the place...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Idiot valet dented my rims!!!