C55 performance parts list.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
C55 performance parts list.

My inbox here at mbworld is getting rather full these day with new C55 owners asking about mods for their car or just general questions about the C55. First off I think its great, as this car becomes more affordable people are snagging them up. As much as I love to talk about AMG's and try to respond to all the emails Just wanted to make a general parts list of performance after maket parts available for the C55 and gear it to the new owners of a C55, as this is most likely these first AMG or Mercedes for that matter. So here we go... And if I miss anything please feel free to add on

Support the Sponsors of this site

There is more options to modding this car than just the big companies. Mbworld.org has a bunch of sponsors on board that make great stuff. Most likely you have never heard of them, as I didn't know when i first joined.

Headers: EVOsport, VRP Tuning, Kleemann, RENNtech, AMS Motorsports, all make headers for the C55
Kleemann headers are the only ones (as far as i know that are not direct bolt ons) I Have Evosport headers and I like them alot. Prices range from about $1600-$5000 just for headers. With gains around 10-20hp

Software/ECU: EVOsport, LET motorsports, VRP tuning, RENNtech, Kleemann, Brabus, Powerchip, all offer some form of ECU upgrade for the C55. expect somewhere around 20hp give or take a few HPs.

Intake/Airbox As far as i know RENNtech and VRPtuning are the only ones who offer Airbox/intake mods for a C55. I think Brabus does too but I think its alot harder to get. VRPtuning has shown dyno gains with running the E55 airbox set up on a C55. expect around 5-15hp gain +/-.

Pulleys: AMS motorsports makes a light weight crank pulley that is much lighter than stock resulting in less rotational mass. It has been show to gain HP in the low and mid range some have even seen peak HP gains as well.
EVOsport offers an underdrive pulley kit for the C55 that is good for about 11hp (so ive heard)

Superchargers: RENNtech, Kleenamm and HPS make superchargers for the C55. Make sure you do your homework when choosing a supercharger thats right for your car. Dont be afraid to ask around or search the boards. VRPtuning along with EVOsport who are sponsors of this forum can help you out with your forced induction needs. I hear you can get a low boost Kleemann charger for around 9k Renntech is around 15K ouch! Some members will even tell you the old Kleemann blower is better than the new one.

Exhaust: Most C55 guys start out with chopping of the resonator and it is known on the board as being called a Res-delete, this is IMO the best $50-$100 you will spend on your car, the sound is amazing. Also You can chop out the secondary cats and pick up some HP along with a very mean sound. Custom dual exhaust in an other option for the C55 any exhaust shop can do this. Be aware the car will sound loud (in a good way) VRPtuning if you are in their area can also do this for you. Supersprint makes mufflers for the C55 but they are very pricey. IMO the stock one sound very good with any variation of exhaust mods.

Air Filters: Most C55 owners like to run K&N or Green filters there are a few other options out there but k&N or Green is the way to go.

Wheels: Not realy going to get into this much. Choosing the right wheel with correct offset and backspacing is like rocket science to me. In most cases Lighter is better, Forged wheels are stronger than cast wheels. Make sure the wheels you buy for your C55 are "hubcentric." Some members will tell you wheel spacers are not the way to go. IMO if you can avoid them just avoid them. However there are members that use then with no problems at all. If you want wheel spacers go with a good name when buying them and dont skimp. H&R and EiBach is a good place to start. Some high end wheels need spacers so it is what it is.
There are many wheel companies on this forum that can help you get the right wheel for your C55.
20 inch wheels will look stupid on a C55 they will kill your performance and rub like hell. stick with 18's or 19's. Its your best bet not to go wider than 9.5 inches in the rear.

LSD(limited slip Differential) for around $1400 some say its a must have for the racer Kleemann, Qauife make some good LSD's from what i hear talk to
James@ACGSD (sponsor) he can get you one. The LSD will help put all your power in the C55 to the ground rather than just spin it away.

Brakes: I wish i could remember their names but there are some sponsors on this forum that can line you up with a set of brakes that will make your head hit the windshield when stopping. Also Bembo make a good set for C55's Im sure some of the sponsors of this site can line you up with brembo brakes if thats what you want. I think RENNtech, Stoptech, and Eurotek all have apps for the C55. just make sure your wheels will clear the calipers as they are in most cases larger than stock.
Also look into some ceramic brake pads I got some at AutoZone and love them.

Suspension: RENNtech, H&R, Bilstien, Eibach all have suspension Compoents for the C55. from Springs to full coil over systems. EVOsports website www.evosport.com has some suspension stuff for the C55.

Tires: If your C55 came stock with Contisports just get rid of them I had them and hated them. Almost anything is an upgrade over the Contisports.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this helps the New C55 owners that are on this board. Happy modding and be aware its a vicious uncureable sickness this modding game. Remember mixing different parts will yield gains. some better than others

I think someone should do this for the New C32 owners that are joining the site

Last edited by hooleyboy; 10-17-2008 at 12:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ducatic55amg (04-12-2016)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
great information!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by jturkel
great information!
thanks, what esle is there to do on a thursday night.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Cool list...looks a lot like your sig.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Nice list! Well said...
Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
thanks, what esle is there to do on a thursday night.
haha....Thirsty Thursday!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by jturkel
haha....Thirsty Thursday!
I wish i didnt have to work tomorrow

Trending Topics

Old 10-16-2008, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS, SLK, ETC
Note that if you get old version of Green filters, return it and get the newest version...

Eurotek also offers Brake kits as well!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
Note that if you get old version of Green filters, return it and get the newest version...

Yes Eurotek
Old 10-16-2008, 10:52 PM

c55 amg
Great Info!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by ||C55AMG||
Great Info!
Thanks alot, this thread was meant for guy like you. People that are new to the forum can be overwhelmed when searching for parts and what to do first and so on.. All this info took me about 8 months to learn. countless hours searching the site along with the the web.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Thanks alot, this thread was meant for guy like you. People that are new to the forum can be overwhelmed when searching for parts and what to do first and so on.. All this info took me about 8 months to learn. countless hours searching the site along with the the web.

Hooley, the difference between Kleemann headers and the others is that they have a down pipe that deletes your primary cats. If not you can purchase there high flow cats. The header itself is a direct bolt-on the only thing is the welding of the down pipe to the rest of the exhaust. On the set-up I had it had the primarys deleted then it went to an x-pipe, from there to high flow cats and then custom duals to the rear. There are clips on YouTube with the car on the Dyno incase someone wants to here it. Is posted here as c55asleep? Dyno run.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
If there's enough interest it would be nice to start some group buys going for some of the mods you've listed...headers, E55 airbox etc..
Old 10-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by c55asleep?
Hooley, the difference between Kleemann headers and the others is that they have a down pipe that deletes your primary cats. If not you can purchase there high flow cats. The header itself is a direct bolt-on the only thing is the welding of the down pipe to the rest of the exhaust. On the set-up I had it had the primarys deleted then it went to an x-pipe, from there to high flow cats and then custom duals to the rear. There are clips on YouTube with the car on the Dyno incase someone wants to here it. Is posted here as c55asleep? Dyno run.
good info,
Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by wawy
If there's enough interest it would be nice to start some group buys going for some of the mods you've listed...headers, E55 airbox etc..
I should note (from what I've heard) the E55 airbox has to have a clip trimmed off to fit correctly. I wonder if the VRP C/F airbox for the E55 they got would fit on a C55??? Maybe VRP will chime in on that?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
good info,

Thanks, don't forget of the (160) thermostat for the guys in hot areas.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
Great list !
Old 10-17-2008, 03:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo

Had my Green filters about 2 1/2 years now, can't find my receipt, is there a recall on their older version. Or am I stuck with them and will just have to get the newer version? Maybe I should reinstall the old K&Ns I'ved replaced.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Holeyboy --

Fantastic list, and a perfect resource for our new members. This is just what I have on my car, minus a couple cosmetic goodies.
The NA items listed will add about 60 hp to 75 hp total to your C55 and improve handling. The 2005/6 SLK CLK 55 AMG rear brakes and 18" Turbine AMG wheels (ala SL 55) also fit and look great on the C55.
The Evosport cf front lip provides a noticeable amount of down force on the front end and improves handling.
I got my ECU tuning from EuroTech and posted Dyno's for all of my mods.
Don't forget phenolic spacers to limit losses from excessive heat, Denso IK 16 irridium plugs and the Optima Red top battery that you will most likely need if you install the evosport underdrive pulley kit and have bi-xenon's.

Last edited by Tump43; 10-17-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Tump43
Holeyboy --

Fantastic list, and a perfect resource for our new members. This is just what I have on my car, minus a couple cosmetic goodies.
The NA items listed will add about 60 hp to 75 hp total to your C55 and improve handling. The 2005/6 SLK CLK 55 AMG rear brakes and 18" Turbine AMG wheels (ala SL 55) also fit and look great on the C55.
The Evosport cf front lip provides a noticeable amount of down force on the front end and improves handling.
I got my ECU tuning from EuroTech and posted Dyno's for all of my mods.
Don't forget phenolic spacers to limit losses from excessive heat, Denso IK 16 irridium plugs and the Optima Red top battery that you will most likely need if you install the evosport underdrive pulley kit and have bi-xenon's.
I think you are right on the money with your estimated HP gains. I have picked up 51whp over base like stock and I'm not running the AMS pulley as of now and i dont have the EVOsport underdrive pulleys so 60whp is very realistic and all my gains have been recorded on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. Also not I might have been over the 60whp mark if I didnt get heavier wheels that knocked me down on the dyno by 17whp! ouch!

I think its important that new owners of the C55, SLK55 or CLK55 with the N/A 5.4L M113 motor Not only read the whole thread as other members will add to the list of mods you can do. I stress by no means is this list complete as there are losts of other companies, sponsors and what not that can get your car where you want it to be.

When i said in the brake section of the post about Brembo, I think just looking at Brembo for brakes would be doing your self a slight disservice as there are lots of sponsors on the forum that can get you well set up with massive amounts of stopping power.

My base line on a Dyno Dynamics dyno was 291whp and 301wtq with only bolt on im at 342whp and 357wtq. those are big gains for not going F/I and just sticking to bolt-onsIs there a Phenolic spacer for this car and if so who makes one?
Maybe we can get the powers that be to sticky this so us C55 owners can add to it and make it easy to newbies to find it.

Last edited by hooleyboy; 10-17-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
I forgot where I bought mine, but know that spacers for the C43 M113 V8 will fit the C55 as well. In any case, Code3 lists one for the C55 for sale soon: http://www.code3performance.com/c3p_products.html.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
wow great list. keep up the work.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:28 AM

c55 amg

Mods can we make this a sticky?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
hmm, I've been pro-k&n for a while, and was running k&n filters in my 320, stockbox, c32 airbox and renntech airbox. Then I swapped back into my dirty stock filters one day, and the engine/throttle response was so much better!

I'm debating if I should go "k&n" again. I mean, it was dyno proved on a c320 for like a 1hp gain lol. but does the k&ns/green really "flow" better? I feel like those filters are for **** and giggles.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Some swears that stock filters are the best filters for our cars.. However, we've seen few dyno results which shows that the after market filters are superior...

You make the call I guess.. I'm happy with my green filters.. Hope they don't fail like ole ones...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C55 performance parts list.