C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Looking for a reputable aftermarket warranty.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG
Looking for a reputable aftermarket warranty.

Anybody have any suggestion for a reputable aftermarket warrany company out there? I recently bought a 2003 C32 and it obviously doesn't have the OE warranty and it seems like it would be a good idea to buy some sort of protection. I'm looking for some suggestions. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:31 PM

CL 65/LX470
If you are out of the original warranty period I'm not aware of any extended warranty company that will cover the vehicle.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 PM

2003 C32 AMG
I know of people that have purchased them so I know it can be done. I was hoping that perhaps other members on here could give suggestions on which ones were more liable to cover parts rather than trying to get out of paying for anything.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E55 2005 Crossfire SRT-6
I work at a Mercedes=Benz dealership as a Service Adviser and in my opinion, Easy Care is a great extended warranty... also Continuous Customer Care. Those are the 2 easiest to work with when it comes to calling in warranty repair.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
The Auto Club is what I have used for the past 3+ years and had GREAT results with. I don't remember exactly, but I paid around $2,500 for their "platinum" coverage and they have paid out two or three times that amount thus far. I haven't called in awhile, but in the past had called 800-247-3728 or direct 512-697-0505.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
I use Mercury Insurance through Autowarrantybroker.com. Cost about $2,500 for their platinum, exclusion-no-deductible warranty. They have already paid out double the cost to me. I'm at 50k and warranty is to 100k. My MB dealer won't deal with them but my independant (high end) mechanic loves them and got paid for everything.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start making some calls tommorow. How do they handle these claims? Do they typically cover the items that would normally be covered under the factory warranty or are they extremely particular in what they will cover? Also, do these coverages have deductibles or not? Thanks for the input.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Tump43
I use Mercury Insurance through Autowarrantybroker.com. Cost about $2,500 for their platinum, exclusion-no-deductible warranty. They have already paid out double the cost to me. I'm at 50k and warranty is to 100k. My MB dealer won't deal with them but my independant (high end) mechanic loves them and got paid for everything.
Mercury is the same as The Auto Club. Great group.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by TBM1
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll start making some calls tommorow. How do they handle these claims? Do they typically cover the items that would normally be covered under the factory warranty or are they extremely particular in what they will cover? Also, do these coverages have deductibles or not? Thanks for the input.
Mine has ZERO deductible.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Wow! So i've tried 3 different warranty companies and they all state that there is no policy available at this time for my car.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Who all did you try?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:18 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Who all did you try?
I tried Mercury insurance, National Dealer Warranty, and one other group. I don't recall the name off the top of my head.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
That's not good. That means I'm probably screwed when mine expires. Doesn't suprise me based on what I paid and what they've had to pay out. You try the number(s) I posted I assume? I may need to call them too....
Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 PM

2003 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
That's not good. That means I'm probably screwed when mine expires. Doesn't suprise me based on what I paid and what they've had to pay out. You try the number(s) I posted I assume? I may need to call them too....
The weird thing is that both the numbers you posted didn't work.

Last edited by TBM1; 04-23-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by TBM1
The weird thing is that both the numbers you posted didn't work.
.......uhhhh, wtf! I'll engage tomorrow and hopefully I just have some outdated numbers. Wasn't but a month ago I just used these jokers.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 PM

03 C32 AMG
SilverbulletAMG, I called those numbers you have provided and both are non-working numbers.

I too am looking for an extended warranty but being very careful who I want to deal with. I checked out autowarrantybroker.com and my car has 66,000 miles and the only thing I'm allowed to choose is the "Dura Lube" warranty, the quote showed at $1,551, with zero deductible and 5 years, 100,000 miles upon purchase date/mileage. Here's the detail copy of what is covered.

Guy's let me know what you think about this warranty. I'm iffy about the Transmission part coverage since what if someone has the glycol contamination? Those are not covered?

Major Medical Coverage for your vehicle from Dura Lube. The best product warranty available.
100,000 additional miles and 5 additional years. Powertrain coverage. Any model- Any year!

Engine and Water Pump: All internally lubricate parts of the engine, including only pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, hydraulic lifters, rocker arm shafts and water pump. The Engine Block and Cylinder Heads are also covered if the above-listed parts caused a mechanical failure that damages the Engine Block or Cylinder Heads;

Transmission - Transfer Case. All internally lubricated parts of Manual or Automatic Transmissions, including torque converter case if caused by the failure of an internally lubricated covered part, oil pump, drums, planetaries, sun gear and shell, shafts, bearings, side gears, carrier, pinion gear, ring gear, shift rail, forks, synchronizers, and internally lubricated parts of the 4X4 Transfer Case. Damage resulting from failures by related parts or units such as, but not limited to: Friction parts, such as clutches, of any kind, levers, controls, linkage, cables, radiator, coolers, rubber mounts, external oil lines, viscous couplings, drive axles and electrical components, internal or external, to the engine and transmission are NOT COVERED. Leaking gaskets or seals are not covered.
Additional Benefits: Towing Benefit: In the event of a Breakdown covered by this service Contract, We will pay or reimburse You for receipted towing expenses up to seventy five dollars ($75.00) per occurrence. Rental Benefit: In the event of a Breakdown covered by this service Contract, We will pay or reimburse You for receipted expenses to rent a replacement vehicle (from a licensed rental agency) while Your Vehicle is at a Repair Facility, up to a maximum of one hundred dollars ($100.00) per occurance.

Coverage Period: Coverage begins at the later of thirty (30) days after the Purchase Date and one thousand (1000) miles after the Odometer Reading At Purchase Date. The Coverage period expires at 12:01 Eastern Standard Time on the Expiration Date or upon Your Vehicle's odometer reaching the Expiration Mileage as indicated on the Registration Page, whichever occurs first.

Refunds & Voids: The paid purchase price of the Dura Lube product is fully refundable within 30 days of the product delivery date. In order to receive a refund, you must send the unused Dura Lube product and this Limited Warranty to the Warrantor at the address on the contract postmarked within 30 days of the delivery date. The purchase price of the Dura Lube product is non-refundable after 30 days of the delivery date or if the Dura Lube product has been installed in the vehicle. If the purchase price of the Dura Lube product has been financed, then the purchase price shall be refundable in the event of a verifiable repossession or an insurance "Total Loss". In such case, the refund shall be prorated less a seventy five dollar ($75) cancellation fee and less the cost of any claims or vehicle inspection costs. All notices to cancel must be sent to the Manufacturer only.

Limit of Liability: Liability shall in no event exceed three thousand dollars ($3000.00) for an engine/water pump claim, two thousand dollars ($2000.00) for a transmission/transaxle claim, and fifteen hundred dollars ($1500.00) for a transfer case claim.