Notices
C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) Discuss the C32 and C55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C32 Front Engine Cover

 
Old 07-07-2009, 12:16 AM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
C32 Front Engine Cover

I posted in the classifieds with not much luck so I figured I would try here. I am looking for the C32 front engine cover since mine broke and I would rather buy one used in fairly good condition rather than brand new. If anyone is willing to sell, let me know. Thanks.
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 AM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
c32used's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,174
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by BigBodyBenzC240 View Post
I posted in the classifieds with not much luck so I figured I would try here. I am looking for the C32 front engine cover since mine broke and I would rather buy one used in fairly good condition rather than brand new. If anyone is willing to sell, let me know. Thanks.
The car may still be to new to see them there but try a junkyard
c32used is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 07:01 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
Originally Posted by c32used View Post
The car may still be to new to see them there but try a junkyard
I would try a junkyard but I am stationed in Korea until the end of Aug so until then I wont have any on hand resourses to find one. I am trying to find one online. I may just buy new from parts.com but I wouldnt mind getting one for half the cost brand new.
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 08:05 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
320 dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: murfreesboro,tn
Posts: 3,152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
if the guy im emailing with sends me the fotos i need of the 55 center piece mine will be available. should know if im getting it by the end of the week
320 dreamer is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer View Post
if the guy im emailing with sends me the fotos i need of the 55 center piece mine will be available. should know if im getting it by the end of the week
Just let me know, and could you send me some pics of yours too? What will you be looking to get just for the front cover? Thanks.
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 09:31 AM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
Bump, still looking for a front cover.... thanks
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 11:20 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 844
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
http://www.vikingautosalvage.com/
If they have anything-I'll pick up and ship to you-
they have a huge selction of parts (for MN anyway)-gl on the finds!
rockjock is offline  
Old 07-28-2009, 10:31 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
Originally Posted by rockjock View Post
http://www.vikingautosalvage.com/
If they have anything-I'll pick up and ship to you-
they have a huge selction of parts (for MN anyway)-gl on the finds!
I checked it out and couldnt really find what I was looking for because they dont have much of it inventoried. Thanks for the help though.
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
Old 07-29-2009, 12:09 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
ML500K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 343
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 '02
Just wondering how much does a new one cost?
ML500K is offline  
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
Depends on where you buy one but from the dealer is is $130 but from parts.com where I plan on buying one if I have no luck finding one used is $90. Not expensive but wouldnt mind finding one cheaper here, know what I mean.
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
Old 07-29-2009, 01:47 PM
  #11  
Super Moderator
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 17,818
Received 255 Likes on 254 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
i was looking for used set b4 and ended up with new one...
MJ50 is offline  
Old 07-29-2009, 01:50 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
SilverBulletAMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Keesler AFB, Gulfport, MS
Posts: 1,717
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
At this point wouldn't it have been cheaper for you to just purchase a C32 instead of turning a 240 into what looks like one?
SilverBulletAMG is offline  
Old 07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
  #13  
Super Moderator
 
MJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Commiefornia
Posts: 17,818
Received 255 Likes on 254 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG View Post
At this point wouldn't it have been cheaper for you to just purchase a C32 instead of turning a 240 into what looks like one?
not true...
if u have c32, then u'd want M113K engine cover...
MJ50 is offline  
Old 07-29-2009, 08:07 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG View Post
At this point wouldn't it have been cheaper for you to just purchase a C32 instead of turning a 240 into what looks like one?
I am not turning it into what looks like a C32. I have a C32 intake for more air into my engine. If I were to throw some badges on that say C32 then I would understand where your coming from. I added the intake because it is an easy mod for better performance. Didnt know that means I am making it look like a C32 since there is a gaping hole in the middle since I dont have the supercharger or intake covers since my engine is N/A.
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
Old 07-29-2009, 11:39 PM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
SilverBulletAMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Keesler AFB, Gulfport, MS
Posts: 1,717
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by BigBodyBenzC240 View Post
I am not turning it into what looks like a C32. I have a C32 intake for more air into my engine. If I were to throw some badges on that say C32 then I would understand where your coming from. I added the intake because it is an easy mod for better performance. Didnt know that means I am making it look like a C32 since there is a gaping hole in the middle since I dont have the supercharger or intake covers since my engine is N/A.
Sorry my post came across a bit dickish. At the prices the 32s are going for these days, you should still say screw the 32 engine cover and just buy the whole car.
SilverBulletAMG is offline  
Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 AM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by MJ50 View Post
not true...
if u have c32, then u'd want M113K engine cover...
true,....but, if you have the SL55 intake like me, the M113k cover, from say the SL55, is the only one that will fit (with minor trimming of course)
jturkel is offline  
Old 07-30-2009, 12:37 AM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG View Post
Sorry my post came across a bit dickish. At the prices the 32s are going for these days, you should still say screw the 32 engine cover and just buy the whole car.
I do plan on buying a new car once i have the 240 payed off which will be sometime next year and i was thinking of a C55 or the C32 but we will see. Maybe even the new Genesis Coupe!!

Genesis Coupe
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
Old 07-30-2009, 12:40 AM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
Originally Posted by jturkel View Post
true,....but, if you have the SL55 intake like me, the M113k cover, from say the SL55, is the only one that will fit (with minor trimming of course)
I already have the C32 intake but I only need the front cover now. The intake boxes are getting CF on them now and then once I get the cover I will send that out to get CF too. I dont want to just paint them like everyone else.
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:05 AM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by BigBodyBenzC240 View Post
I do plan on buying a new car once i have the 240 payed off which will be sometime next year and i was thinking of a C55 or the C32 but we will see. Maybe even the new Genesis Coupe!!

Genesis Coupe
i think it looks good.....especially this coupe: http://www.asiancarsblog.com/hyundai...h-vossen-rims/
jturkel is offline  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 AM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
jturkel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Valves of Houston
Posts: 4,852
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by BigBodyBenzC240 View Post
I already have the C32 intake but I only need the front cover now. The intake boxes are getting CF on them now and then once I get the cover I will send that out to get CF too. I dont want to just paint them like everyone else.
oh im not arguing against you. i was just posting that sometimes it is justifiable to have other car's parts on your car. thats all i meant
jturkel is offline  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:44 AM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
BigBodyBenzC240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...a panty dropper...
Originally Posted by jturkel View Post
i think it looks good.....especially this coupe: http://www.asiancarsblog.com/hyundai...h-vossen-rims/
Thats one sexy looking coupe!! If i get one it will either be Red like my MB or all black. I am leaning towards all black.
BigBodyBenzC240 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C32 Front Engine Cover


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: