C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Feeler/Possible Group Buy/Gauge

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Feeler/Possible Group Buy/Gauge

Hey guys

As some of you know, I've been looking to purchase a comprehensive, easy to install gauge FOREVER. I've purchased several gauges that are NOT compatible with the car (and there is a lot, trust me, I know) and don't want to have to deal with drilling and tapping manifolds or y-pipes and stuff like that....

So, Trevor (SilverBulletAMG) and I have come across an OBDII gauge that is finally compatible with our cars WHILE being affordable (as compared to the DashDaq which is 549 without nav and 695 with nav)

What is it? the DashDyno SPD gauge.

From website:

"DashDyno SPD is an exciting new in-vehicle mounted automotive computer. It combines an OBD II scan tool, trip computer, vehicle gauges, data logger and performance meter.

Save money by skipping the dealer and find out why your vehicle's Check Engine light is on. Pays for itself within the first few uses. Measure instant and average fuel economy, data log engine sensors, trigger alarm lights and measure horsepower and torque. Connect a laptop to your vehicle using the DashDyno PC pass-through mode for even more advanced diagnostic capability. DashDyno can do this and much more.

Auterra products support 1996 or newer vehicles - from Acura to Volvo and everywhere in between. Our products are packed with features, yet so easy to use. See for yourself by trying our free demo available on the Downloads page. We're so sure you'll be happy with our product; we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. "

I know it is compatible with the car because not only do they say it, but another forum member (Loungn14) has used this on the car and says it works well.

Now there are several options.

DynoDash SPD gauge for 329.99 (http://www.auterraweb.com/dashdyno.html)
DynoDash SPD ProPack for 379.99 (http://www.auterraweb.com/dashdynopropack.html)
DynoScan Software for 219.99 (http://www.auterraweb.com/dynoscankitwindows.html)

Note: The software is included with the gauges, but the gauges are NOT required for the software. This can be run independent of the gauge via a laptop.

If you have navigation, this gauge and software has further special capabilities as well. (http://www.auterraweb.com/googleearth.html)

Anyway, those are the stated prices. I have contacted them and they have offered 10% off of their listed prices on their website (off those I listed).....which is nice of them.

Now, being that I am nearly broke and always try to find the best deals, I shopped around and found other websites that offered this product at similar prices with the 10% off. I have discussed this with the company and they will see what they will do regarding beating these or matching them (after all, interestingly enough, it was their own company posting cheaper prices)....

Just want to see if there is any interested in a group buy on these. It would be either the SPD gauge, SPD gauge propack, or the dynoscan software (which is included with both gauges).

If you are INTERESTED please post your name in this thread stating your interest. We only need 5 people to quality for the group buy price (and again, I'm trying to get a better deal)

and sorry that was long. and i am not affiliated or associated with this company.

sample images:

all images courtesy of the auterra website.

Last edited by jturkel; 07-20-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32 AMG
Well how much is the group buy price? I am kinda intrested.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by doom239
Well how much is the group buy price? I am kinda intrested.
10% off the listed prices as of RIGHT NOW. so 10% off of 329.99, 379.99, or 219.99. I don't believe that includes shipping. Like I was saying, i informed the company I found better prices elsewhere that are essentially the same with the 10% reduced prices. I am waiting to hear back from them and should hear from them within the next 24 hrs. hopefully they will beat that

I will update this as soon as I find them out. I just wanted to gauge (no pun intended) interest in this as Trevor and I are EXTREMELY interested in it and will get this regardless.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
One non-real time alternative

If you also want to do data logging, but don't need real time data in front of you, my mechanic showed me this cool little device that plugs into your OBDII port and records up to 24 hours of data. You then can hook it up to your computer(PC only) and review the data such as engine RPM's, IAT's throttle position, Intake MAP, and many more.

It's pretty cool and is only $80.

http://www.aeswave.com/Products/Product.asp?i=830&tsw=su

http://www.aeswave.com/Support/x431/CRecorder_User_Guide_2.1.pdf
Old 07-20-2009, 04:25 AM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Also sort of interested but dont have much experience with data logging. Why its beneficial might help me decide. Mostly interested in A/f ratios and AIT pressure (boost).
Old 07-20-2009, 04:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by mdncn2762
Also sort of interested but dont have much experience with data logging. Why its beneficial might help me decide. Mostly interested in A/f ratios and AIT pressure (boost).
well i have ZERO experience with data logging, so I can only give you a link for that. but basically what it is, is it can record all of your important parameters while driving and give you graphs and such for you to analyze and break down and make sure you're car is running right under different conditions (WOT, boost).....someone else can perhaps add to this

Why is it beneficial? Well, i am interested in monitoring the three things. IATs, intake manifold pressure (boost), and A/F. This will help you monitor those things all through one gauge. You don't have to purchase multiple individual gauges for each thing and have to mount them in your car. it can make sure your car isnt leaking boost, or your A/Fs are safe (if running with a pulley and such).....its a good thing if you are modded i think. i'm concerned about my IATs because it is so hot in AZ and having hot IATs will slow my car down. i currently cant monitor them so this will allow me to do that and see really how high they are so i can determine what steps i need to take to improve my cooling setup and i can determine when i have reached enough cooling.

you won't have to tap your intake manifold or y-pipe for boost and won't have to deal with wiring and such. this lets you monitor everything on one device: (http://www.auterraweb.com/paramlist.html)

it can also act like a g-tech pro and give you info like 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc.....gives you dyno info.....(http://www.auterraweb.com/dashdynohpandtorque.html)

its a pretty nifty tool to let you monitor all that stuff. it has a trip computer, but our cars already have that.

it ALSO lets you read codes on your car if you get a CEL and lets you clear them as well. this eliminates having to go to say autozone or your dealer to read them and lets you read them when it happens.

just a thing to note. our cars DO NOT have a wideband O2.....only narrowband. if you want to monitor your A/F accurately (which cannot really be done with a narrowband), you will have to install a wideband O2 sensor, which this is compatible with. there is a link on a DIY for that on this forum actually: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...d-afr-diy.html

note that you do not have to have the gauge to do this. the software for a computer (Dynoscan) can do this too....you just wont have it right in front of you as you drive. it won't be at your fingertips....and im kind of gauge happy lol

Last edited by jturkel; 07-20-2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
As was said earlier, if you want to monitor AFR, you need something like ZT-2. When you add the cost of ZT-2 and DashDyno SPD ProPack, you are not that far from the cost of the ZT-2 and DashDaq combo. On the Zeitronix site the stand alone ZT-2 is $279 and the combo is $699. For the extra $100 or so, DashDaq looks like a better buy. It has a multi-color display with customized skins and a better processor. The data card goes up to 4GB vs. 1GB.
You need a personal investment banker for all this crap.
I do have to disclose that I run ZT-2 with DashDaq to monitor AFR, EGT and Boost, and am totally biased towards this solution. But it is expensive. Like everything else on these cars.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Thanks to jturkel for doing most of the leg work on this!
You can spend as much as you want to on datalogging and equipment. We are looking for something that is easy to use, looks good, and doesn't require a bunch of install headache to get it to work.
I really like the idea of just buying a wideband and the software. You can run it all through a small laptop/netbook inside your car and have a nice big shiny multicolor display and as many gigs of storage space as you want. That can all be had for under $400. There are also other alternatives to the ZT-2 for less. Don't get me wrong, that is a killer combo with the DashDaq, but more than I want to spent to monitor my cars safety when I can do the same for much less.
This is also the same software many of the E55s run and also came highly recommended by the guys at LET. You can do a search and get more info on it if you like.
Let's not turn this thread into what datalogger is better or which you prefer. We're just looking to hopefully pass some pretty decent savings on to everyone else on the boards. As Josh mentioned, our options for good dataloggers are rediculously limited on these cars. We have one that we know works well here.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Thanks to jturkel for doing most of the leg work on this!
You can spend as much as you want to on datalogging and equipment. We are looking for something that is easy to use, looks good, and doesn't require a bunch of install headache to get it to work.
I really like the idea of just buying a wideband and the software. You can run it all through a small laptop/netbook inside your car and have a nice big shiny multicolor display and as many gigs of storage space as you want. That can all be had for under $400. There are also other alternatives to the ZT-2 for less. Don't get me wrong, that is a killer combo with the DashDaq, but more than I want to spent to monitor my cars safety when I can do the same for much less.
This is also the same software many of the E55s run and also came highly recommended by the guys at LET. You can do a search and get more info on it if you like.
Let's not turn this thread into what datalogger is better or which you prefer. We're just looking to hopefully pass some pretty decent savings on to everyone else on the boards. As Josh mentioned, our options for good dataloggers are rediculously limited on these cars. We have one that we know works well here.
I don't disagree with you or Josh. I would not even call my view an "alternative view". I'm just providing information. It is obvious that ZT-2 plus DashDaq is more money. I'll let others decide if DashDyno fits the meaning of "comprehensive, easy to install gauge".
Old 07-20-2009, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Great find-I've been running a DashDaq in my last 3 cars and have loved it (Zietronix AFR plugs right in)-but like Josh pointed out-its almost 3x's the price-
great find on the gauge set up!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
anyone else interested?

so far, Me and Trevor (sillverbulletamg) are gonna get one.

looks like doom239 and mdncn2762 might be interested as well.

trevor and i are currently working on pricing. so far, we have been able to hammer down all prices to 10% and now gotten free shipping throw in too.....we're looking to get more off though, so hold your horses.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:04 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i'd be interested, but i'm spending $$ on just fixing my car. lol

this reminds me that I saw someone using a bluetooth OBDII setup that he's able to run it off his iphone software on a 135i. it shows all the readings as well. saw it on youtube.

keep us updated. can't get it now, but probably will be interested later on.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW
i'd be interested, but i'm spending $$ on just fixing my car. lol

this reminds me that I saw someone using a bluetooth OBDII setup that he's able to run it off his iphone software on a 135i. it shows all the readings as well. saw it on youtube.

keep us updated. can't get it now, but probably will be interested later on.
ok sounds good
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
OK, I'm interested if it will definately work with my 2005 C55. I already have a Nitrod VPM-100G. The site indicated it would work with my car but, none of the gauges worked it only measured performance data (0-60, 1/4 mile, g's, etc.) Emailing the co. was not successful and they do not list a telephone, number.

If anyone wants the Nitrod, make an offer -- I'd like a tool that actually reads all the info from the obdII conection. If the DynoDash SPD ProPack will solve this problem I'm in.

Marc
Old 07-21-2009, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Tump43
OK, I'm interested if it will definately work with my 2005 C55. I already have a Nitrod VPM-100G. The site indicated it would work with my car but, none of the gauges worked it only measured performance data (0-60, 1/4 mile, g's, etc.) Emailing the co. was not successful and they do not list a telephone, number.

If anyone wants the Nitrod, make an offer -- I'd like a tool that actually reads all the info from the obdII conection. If the DynoDash SPD ProPack will solve this problem I'm in.

Marc
i used to want a nitrod. they look awesome, but i have read of compatibility issues with them. trevor or i will confirm compatibility for you. i know for a fact they do work on C32s and E55s.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
theres this "wireless one" for the iphones. its sold on jlevi. heard it works.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
no iphone for me ....a blackberry will come soon though and will more than suffice
Old 07-22-2009, 05:37 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'02 C32, '10 135i M-Sport, '10 E63, '17 GLE63S
http://www.qcontinuum.org/obdgauge/

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but for the same functionality on your smartphone (and less cables ), check that list out. They range from $150 to $250 and you just use your phone, which you always have with you. Leave the little Bluetooth/WiFi thing plugged in, whip out your phone and you're good.

It's not just iPhones either (Palm OSs and Windows Mobile are supported), but I'm not sure how easy it'd be to get working on any Crackberry OS >_>

Btw, if I happen to come across $200 and change, count me in. I'll let you know, but don't consider it much of a possibility =(
Old 07-22-2009, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Tump43

Marc
It will work with the C55.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I am waiting for one last email to see if we can all get free shipping vice everything being shipped to one address and then us having to divvy them out.

Rough prices for now:
DashDyno SPD Pro Pack - Regular $380 - Our price $338
DashDyno SPD - Regular $330 - Our price $293
Dashdyno Software Only - Regular $220 - Our price $198
Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Interest is rising greatly. It will be determined on how much cash I have left over after bills and paychecks over the next week or 2. Do we have time for that? This will also likely kill my intentions of getting a Kleemann exhaust, but this does look a bit more useful.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
WANT!!!!...CAN'T AFFORD!!!....FUUUUUUKKKK!!!!

can't wait to see you guys get it installed and test it out.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Koru_Kinshi
Interest is rising greatly. It will be determined on how much cash I have left over after bills and paychecks over the next week or 2. Do we have time for that? This will also likely kill my intentions of getting a Kleemann exhaust, but this does look a bit more useful.
not sure what the time span is. i think we'd like to get this relatively soon, though not how relative. i think within the next 2 or 3 weeks would be strongly preferred. we're still trying to work out getting lower prices than what trevor listed in bold which included shippingl

Originally Posted by FrankW
WANT!!!!...CAN'T AFFORD!!!....FUUUUUUKKKK!!!!

can't wait to see you guys get it installed and test it out.

we're trying to lower those prices, Frank. For you, and me, and Trevor, and everyone else haha....I'm gonna be starting to take away from money that is not for the car, which is bad. Good thing I just picked up a second job in the burn unit in the county hospital starting in september after my MCAT. Trevor sent out an email to a rival seller of the product (at tunertools or tuningtools or something similar variation) to see if he can beat the prices being offered from Auterra. I'm sure Trevor will update soon (just waiting for the return email) regarding if a new and better deal has been reached.

Last edited by jturkel; 07-23-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I have been dealing with Lloyd at www.TunerTools.com and he is a really nice guy willing to work with us to make this as affordable as possible for everyone. He is also an avid supporter of http://www.projectfallenhero.com/ kicking in a portion of every order to help out there. Very noble in these tough times.
It looks like we will all receive 10% of list price and will have free shipping to anywhere within the U.S. He will also put 5% of the order towards projectfallenhero.com

Edit/Update: We will have to make a single payment for these orders. Luckily he will accept paypal. I'm fine with whatever the group wants to do. You can all pay me and I'll forward it on, or we can all pay Josh, or....? One way or another it just has to be one single payment. I will start a post here shortly taking names.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 07-23-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Alright, everything has been firmed up. I'm going to start a new thread where we can keep a list of names. I will cross reference the threads for continuity.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Feeler/Possible Group Buy/Gauge