C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Subwoofer Install... Good amount of pictures.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
Subwoofer Install... Good amount of pictures.

Hey guys, new to the forum and MB for that matter.

Car- C55 AMG
Woofers - 2 Dayton Titanic MK III 10"
Amp - Kicker SX650.1
Box - 2.54cuft
The box has a single 4" aero port and its tuned to 28hz.

Heres a photo of the WINisd graph...

A couple photos of the car and substage...

Old 08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
looks good!

and welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:57 PM

C55 AMG
I just picked up the car about a month and a half ago. It's a 2005 with only 12,500 miles. Perfect condition, not a scratch on it and the interior has been kept very clean. I absolutely love the car.

This has been my first of many changes to the car, other than getting it tinted.

Sound upgrades
Stage 2 - Aftermarket navigation and front stage speakers
Stage 3 - Upgrading all the amps, adding a full EQ, running everything active.

Not sure on performance upgrades yet but I'm looking to do something big next summer.

The only body upgrade I'm looking to do is get a new grill with the emblem on it. I've looked around a little and nothing special has caught my eye yet. If you know of a grill that looks great on the silver AMG let me know!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:32 AM

C55 AMG
Thank you, Jturkel.
My parents have a house down in Scottsdale and I go to ASU, great place to live man.

I don't know how many audio nuts we have on this forum, but the daytons sound great. Very punchy, clean, and in this box low bass. I wish I had a little better signal coming from the factory headunit.. they we could push the amp a little harder.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jake papa
Thank you, Jturkel.
My parents have a house down in Scottsdale and I go to ASU, great place to live man.

I don't know how many audio nuts we have on this forum, but the daytons sound great. Very punchy, clean, and in this box low bass. I wish I had a little better signal coming from the factory headunit.. they we could push the amp a little harder.
awesome! i just graduated from U of A and will be in scottsdale all yr. currently taking a summer school class (not really, its an MCAT class) at ASU over on Mill near Bisonwiches. that means you'll have to come out to the bars and hang out with me and Hooleyboy (he's got a s/c'ed C55) some time so we can check out your setup! beers on me!

yah, i'm really not an audio nut. i don't really know much about that kinda stuff to be honest. i'm more into the performance stuff now. when i recoup some money after spending thousands on performance parts, i'll perhaps look into aesthetics and sound. i would definitely like to upgrade the base and some speakers.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:49 PM

C55 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
awesome! i just graduated from U of A and will be in scottsdale all yr. currently taking a summer school class (not really, its an MCAT class) at ASU over on Mill near Bisonwiches. that means you'll have to come out to the bars and hang out with me and Hooleyboy (he's got a s/c'ed C55) some time so we can check out your setup! beers on me!

yah, i'm really not an audio nut. i don't really know much about that kinda stuff to be honest. i'm more into the performance stuff now. when i recoup some money after spending thousands on performance parts, i'll perhaps look into aesthetics and sound. i would definitely like to upgrade the base and some speakers.
Haha, sounds good man. I turn 21 next week so I'll be hitting mill up alot! I'd love to see your guys cars sometime so lets keep in touch.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jake papa
Haha, sounds good man. I turn 21 next week so I'll be hitting mill up alot! I'd love to see your guys cars sometime so lets keep in touch.
ballin!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C55 AMG
Sorry to revive an old thread, did you add the sub with the factory head unit? Couldn't tell how you did it. If you did use the factory nav head unit, could you please explain how you installed your amp and sub? Thanks!