05 C55
no mods for me until the economy does an about face, im in sales
Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question

Originally Posted by aho
The rims are at vegas powdercoating as well speak, my HID kit is awaiting install, ill vinyl the roof, add some carbon aesthetics and a tune from LET. Then time to move to a different platform.
Please inform us of vinly roofing and price and personal opinion.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
hooley, I wish ya would ask the NA m112 section (ya could ask the XF/SLK guys too!)
Old 08-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by wawy
I certainly haven't lost mine...

Renntech Carbon Fiber Airbox, K&Ns and CLK350 Kevlar airtubes - done (+5RWHP/6TQ)

Coming:

Headers
secondary cat delete
ECU tune
Crank pulley
??

That's a great setup for your C55. The headers & high flow 2nd cats will definitely wake up the car. The AMS Stage 2 performance package (headers & pulley) is available at a discounted price should you chose to go that route. Hope that helps,

~AMS~
Old 08-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by loungn14
LOLOLOLOL

1st Jerry sold his masterpiece to Andy (co-owner of eurocharged). The car is still here and played with daily.

LET stopped because Euro picked it up

You got me on the 3rd one....if she sells.

Personally Hooley, for me I am at what I would assume you are as far as the "wall"

There is very little if any I can do to the car without paying more then the car is worth with small gain. Time to move on to a new platform....

The C32 market is pretty much dead. Most EC product sales are in the E and cls world.

Yeah I'm kinda at the wall, I got a few more tricks up my sleeve, but its nearing the end of the HP show. If I can get another 20whp and be at the 500whp mark on my dyno, I'm cool with that. Then Its on to a superduper motor and end all this BS.

I do plan on a trip to Fomoso this fall with a 109oct tune and 180mm pulley and see what happens. Right now I'm just not sure these heads flow enough on my C55 or my cams are just blowing boost right out the tail pipe. I will be doing flow bench data to see whats up with the heads.

We just got a killer carbon fiber guy on board at the shop. so I will be doing some CF stuff in the very near future.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Im kinda getting the same way viper after getting a speed ticket @100+ and then my friend getting a ticket driving my car yesterday at 80mph I don't really see the reason I should want to go faster. I am just going to be doing visual mods atm I just put a cf spoiler and blacked out my emblems I bought clear corners and LED license plate bulbs on ebay both of which didnt work out. The corners look like total cheap trash and were cracked the "NO ERROR" led bulbs gave me an error. Next on my list is a CF front lip and vinyl roof as well. Then LED Tails,
Old 08-21-2009, 11:10 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
Local Install Shop

Originally Posted by madC55
It's not for lack of funds (I'm one of the lucky ones and actually got 2 raises in this economy.......KNOCK ON WOOD), but want a shop that I can drive to, discuss the options and then will put up with my "standing there watching" while the work gets done.
Get thyself to Fabspeed. www.fabspeed.com

They're up in Ambler and a top-notch shop. They are an authorized Kleemann dealer and do a ton of their own product development/fabrication for Porsche and Ferrari.

When I get around to modding my car, they will definitely be the shop I choose. The guys are great and I definitely think you'll be pleasantly surprised with them.

Check out the car gallery and you'll see my C55 (even though it says it's an '05 and I don't actually have an ECU upgrade) and c32AMG-DTM's C32
Old 08-22-2009, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
My next mod...A Motor

Hooley, if your interested I've got my C43 heads off sitting on my bench. Friend of mine wants them but is flaking out on me. They are an AMG part and I'm not sure of flow rate compared to the 55 heads. However, I'm thinking if they are getting opened up the flow rate beforehand shouldn't matter to much, only what it flows after. ?..no expert.

Just throwing it out there as I would prefer to have a second set off of the car if I was to take on something like that.

Very impressed with the ride
Old 08-22-2009, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by cdd

They're up in Ambler and a top-notch shop. They are an authorized Kleemann dealer and do a ton of their own product development/fabrication for Porsche and Ferrari.

When I get around to modding my car, they will definitely be the shop I choose. The guys are great and I definitely think you'll be pleasantly surprised with them.

Check out the car gallery and you'll see my C55 (even though it says it's an '05 and I don't actually have an ECU upgrade) and c32AMG-DTM's C32
+1

You haven't gotten 'round to doing anything yet, eh?

MadC55 (and cdd for that matter ) if preexisting weekend commitments don't interfere, you should come out to one of their Saturday "Cars & Coffee" events. You could meet them, see some of their handiwork on shop and customer cars, and discuss your modding ideas or plans with them in a relaxed atmosphere. Think I saw the next one's going to be Sept/Oct... they seem to do 3-4 per year.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
umm. matte black.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:12 PM

Volvo
mmm an intresting thread...... I pretty much all the mods offered to the public out there. I just installed the T-stat which for any C32 Is well worth the upgrade.... i now sit a little bit below 80 when fully warmed and driving normaly on the road at 75 Degrees... My future plans.... LSD and the LET TQ Converter...... Probley sometime around Oct... Once I sell another website..
Old 08-22-2009, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by OverDrive
mmm an intresting thread...... I pretty much all the mods offered to the public out there. I just installed the T-stat which for any C32 Is well worth the upgrade.... i now sit a little bit below 80 when fully warmed and driving normaly on the road at 75 Degrees... My future plans.... LSD and the LET TQ Converter...... Probley sometime around Oct... Once I sell another website..
how difficult is the tstat install? is there a DIY? all i know is that its behind the idler apparently lol
Old 08-22-2009, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
for the 32 engine one only has to go to the crossfire forum and see all the mods available. these guys are building 11 sec cars daily! i believe its a cash flow issue. my mods come as the funds do!
yah but the crossfires weight like 400 pounds less or so, which is why they are able to get so fast. and the fact they can actually fit that needswings intake in there, which makes more power than any of the intake options we have for the c32.

outside of that, i dont think we're really missing anything. i just check the needswings site every day and email him checking for stuff that will make my car last longer, like the pulley saver kit and oil catch can and stuff like that.

the manifolds he made would be great, but they dont fit either. we'd have to p/p the stock ones.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
The immediate next will be the Eibach rear sway bar (on its way), LET re-tune (when Jerry is back), TB (maybe going bad). Can not convince myself to purchase headers. But who knows?
Old 08-23-2009, 02:21 AM

Volvo
The Tstat is pretty easy, The only pain is removing the bolt behind the idler.... I have a swivel socket that made it less of a pain, Other than that its pretty simple, I dind't even empty the radiatior out. A **** load of coolant comes out soon as you remove the tstat, I put a bunch of towels under it covering all the belts and electronics... (coolant on the belts eats them away making them squeal) Other than its pretty much plug and play..... Well worth the upgrade, car runs super cool now
Old 08-23-2009, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 C32, '08 ML63
After putting on the LET pulley and tune I'm pretty happy. I would really like to do a nice intake, headers, and a quaife but it'll have to wait. Wife stepped in and said I need to finish one of the other cars, heh.

So at the moment my money is being funneled into my '99 Saab 93 convertible. Switching from an automatic to a built 5-speed with quaife. I've got a 2.3 block in the shop getting bored, decked, forged piston install, balanced, etc... When it's all done I'm shooting for about 425hp at the crank. 500 isn't unreasonable for the motors but I want it to be reliable.

When that's all done I'll probably top off the benz. So it'll be a good 6 months or so before I'm back on that.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
My next possible mod is to upgrade to CLK63 front and rear brakes.
If anyone has any info on good prices for these brakes, please let me know.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Hooley, nice of you to ask, but like many others here, the economy has slowed my modding a bit. That being said, I'm still switching from Evosport Headers to Kleeman long tube headers in the next couple of weeks, primarily because I got a great deal and believe that deleting the primary cats will help the car immeasurably.

Since I have almost every other mod, short of a blower, I believe that I would like to buy your old intake manifold (PM me), send it to TVT and have that portted and polished. After that I will probably upgrade the rear sway bar and possibly the front to reduce understeer and sharpen the handling a bit. I might go for KW V2's when the OE suspension is worn, and will go for an 80mm throttle body when available.

Installing the modified thermostat is definately diy and takes the unskilled, like me, about 30 min. I didn't have much spill eventhough I did not drain the radiator -- I just removed the top from the overflow tank.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:33 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by cdd

I appreciate the recommendation. I'm in PA outside of West Chester and have been looking for a good shop for when I get into mods I can't or don't feel comfortable doing.

As for my plans: I bought the car in March so I'm a newbie. I instantly fell in love with it (I already put 15K miles on it!). I have definitely caught the mod bug.

So far I've done the magnecor / NGK swap, CM 30 and I have a full SL55 instake, PTE Thermo, and C3P Heat exchanger waiting for me to be less busy to install them. Next I want to do the C3P pulley, Jerry tune, oil catch can, tint, Argos, 19's, 6 0r 8 piston brakes, after market nav / stereo, and valentine. Then eventually headers, LSD and who knows what else...