race invite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
race invite

this is an open invitation to all the m/b amg owners in the tn, al, and ga, area. myself along with a crossfire srt-6 owner are attempting to set up a gtg at the ala. intl raceway oct 23 2009.

http://www.alabamainternationaldragway.com/

this is called midnite madness and all street cars are welcome. lets all meet there and have some fun running the 1/4 mile!! helmets are recommended but not required. 10$ to enter racing is free. runs from 9pm to 1am. gadsden al is only a few miles away for those who would like to overnite. email me at tbtunes@bellsouth.net if you need any additional info.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
Sounds like fun, wish I lived closer.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
agreed. i'm ALWAYS down for going to the dragstrip.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 PM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
damn it why did i have to moove to seattle there is never anything like that out here.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
As I posted in your other thread......

I live in west GA so you caught my attention. Have you ever been here before? What kind of track is it? What is the atmosphere/people like?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
LOL..!! i seriously thought it said "RICE INVITE" i was like WTF..!!! my bad..
Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM

05 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Viper98912
I live in west GA so you caught my attention. Have you ever been here before? What kind of track is it? What is the atmosphere/people like?
Im in GA as well and might be up for the drive.

Is it a 1/4 mile or 1/8th. I looked on their website but didn't see it anywhere.

Viper, have you been down the track with your C55? I went out to Reynolds a few months back for the first time and had a blast. Id like to try and go back with some other AMGs.

Trending Topics

Old 09-02-2009, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
i have never been to this track. from the folks i spoke with at the track they seem extremely friendly and accomodating. they will be willing to setup grudge races or friends that want to run each other.
this is a 1/4 mile track. its listed in the dragtimes website and they have a website. gadsden is just a few miles away, ill be staying there so i dont have to drive home late at nite. sun is also a test and tune day.
i was told it does get a bit crowded fri nites. im hoping with the latter part of oct it may not be so crowded and hopefully cooler weather will bring big hp numbers!!!
it would be great to see a bigger turnout of amg's than crossfires!! im looking to have fun no matter what
Old 09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If there are some other MB/AMG's there I'll consider going. thegreatfnr, let me know because you'd be going on I-20 and I live on it going west. I also have a buddy with a 500E who might consider going, but he's currently doing maintenance on his car. I just recently bought my C55, so I haven't taken it to a track yet nor an autocross, but I think there's an SCCA autocross coming up in October in Atl.

I have been to Atlanta Dragway in Commerce before in a different car. I've had the experience of going at the beginning of the season when it's packed because people are trying out new mods. Then at the end of the season when its packed because people are trying to get a few more runs before the winter. Then also at the end of a different season when its a little quieter and got a lot of runs in quickly. So I duno, it's hit or miss.

Obviously, it would be great to go when it's not packed. I hated waiting in lines for 1.5 hrs waiting for a single run. And then botching the launch and getting a horrible time. I noticed they have TnT on Sunday afternoons too, where it might be less crowded. But, we'd be out in the heat too instead of the cooler night.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
If there are some other MB/AMG's there I'll consider going. thegreatfnr, let me know because you'd be going on I-20 and I live on it going west. I also have a buddy with a 500E who might consider going, but he's currently doing maintenance on his car. I just recently bought my C55, so I haven't taken it to a track yet nor an autocross, but I think there's an SCCA autocross coming up in October in Atl.

I have been to Atlanta Dragway in Commerce before in a different car. I've had the experience of going at the beginning of the season when it's packed because people are trying out new mods. Then at the end of the season when its packed because people are trying to get a few more runs before the winter. Then also at the end of a different season when its a little quieter and got a lot of runs in quickly. So I duno, it's hit or miss.

Obviously, it would be great to go when it's not packed. I hated waiting in lines for 1.5 hrs waiting for a single run. And then botching the launch and getting a horrible time. I noticed they have TnT on Sunday afternoons too, where it might be less crowded. But, we'd be out in the heat too instead of the cooler night.
the guy at the track said sun was much less crowded. i was thinking most people would be up for the fri due to cooler nites and not having to be somewhere mon morning. as for amg's im going with mine and a friend has a srt-6 which has the amg driveline. i hope to see and meet as many of these great folks as i can. btw i have my c3 pulley on and ill need new rubber before i go!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:42 PM

05 C55 AMG

Yea, Ive heard horror stories about the lines and the track prep up at Commerce with people having trouble launching. Also the time I went this year down to reynolds was at the beginning of the season as well. I only got 3 passes in cause it was packed. Hopefully this track wont be too busy.

Shoot me a PM about the AutoX in Oct I'd prolly be up for that as well as this.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
fellas i have no idea how crowded it will be. either way crowded or not for 10$ and a couple hrs drive im going to burn some rubber and see whats what!!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So 320 you are going for sure on that Friday?

I'm still debating whether to go on a Friday or Sunday. If we (or I) go on a Friday night, there should be more crowds, less runs, etc. But with theoretically cooler temperatures, better times.

Go Sunday afternoon in the heat, and should have less crowds, more runs, but its a little more expensive (10 vs 20, big deal honestly). I hated waiting 1.5+ hrs in line when its crowded. Lets the car cool down too much and personally gets a little aggrevating. At the same time, if we get bad times then we can blame it on the heat and that our cars are actually much faster. If we get great times, then we can brag about how awesome our cars really are and should've pulled even faster times!

Just thinking out loud thats all. Still haven't decided what to do; there's plenty of time between now and then anyway.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
So 320 you are going for sure on that Friday?

I'm still debating whether to go on a Friday or Sunday. If we (or I) go on a Friday night, there should be more crowds, less runs, etc. But with theoretically cooler temperatures, better times.

Go Sunday afternoon in the heat, and should have less crowds, more runs, but its a little more expensive (10 vs 20, big deal honestly). I hated waiting 1.5+ hrs in line when its crowded. Lets the car cool down too much and personally gets a little aggrevating. At the same time, if we get bad times then we can blame it on the heat and that our cars are actually much faster. If we get great times, then we can brag about how awesome our cars really are and should've pulled even faster times!

Just thinking out loud thats all. Still haven't decided what to do; there's plenty of time between now and then anyway.
for me its fri nite. even if i only get 3 to 4 runs ill be happy can crash at the hotel and head home sun. if i wait till sun its 2.5 hrs down run for a couple hrs then 2.5 hrs back. the cooler temps will help the runs and for me with a s/c car allowing it to cool down helps a bunch. it only takes a couple minutes for mine to be at running temps. i also hope the cooler temps will help me with hooking up the track