CD Changers Issue: Need Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
CD Changers Issue: Need Help

On my 2004 C32 with the CD changer in the glovebox, the radio is telling me there's "NO CD in Changer' when I hit the CD button, although there is. Is there any way to get the CD cassette out cause when I hit the eject button, she wont eject??

Glenn
Old 03-22-2010, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...mmed-help.html
Old 03-22-2010, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
On my 2004 C32 with the CD changer in the glovebox, the radio is telling me there's "NO CD in Changer' when I hit the CD button, although there is. Is there any way to get the CD cassette out cause when I hit the eject button, she wont eject??

Glenn
so just to make sure i understand the problem correctly, you have CDs in the CD cartridge, which is in the CD player in the glovebox. When you push CD, it goes through the CDs (6 options obviously b/c 6 slots) and then after going thorugh all of them, it says NO CDs...or something....and then you are now trying to take out that cartridge with the CDs in it but it wont eject from its compartment in the glove box?

if so, i've had the first problem where it wouldnt detect CDs in the cartridge (or cassette, w/e its called) and it would cycle through the 6 slots until it found one IF it found one. it hasnt happened to me in a while (perhaps b/c i'm now using my ipod instead which i use with a tape adaptor with our tape deck) but when it did happen, i would have to keep ejecting the cartridge and push it back in until it detected the CD i wanted. could have been a heat thing for me, idk. but if yours doesnt eject AND doesnt detect CDs...sounds like something might be jammed in there, though i dont see how unless the cartridge wasnt put in properly/the right way. or maybe there is a bad sensor with the CD player unit. idk. i'm an idiot lol
Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Newzchspy

Glenn
Sounds like maybe your changer isn't getting power. I recently had a new rear SAM installed and before it was coded, I got the no CD changer message, but the CD cartridge would still eject. Since you're having problems on both fronts, maybe it's a power issue. If you haven't already, check fuse 24 inside the car.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
I think it's YET another common issue with our cars. Same thing happened to me over a year ago. Now I just play the radio or my iPod. Just gave up on it. Just like my heated seat. Just like the broken yoke on the steering wheel adjustment. Siiiigh!!
Old 03-23-2010, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo
I have one for sale in the classifieds section if your unable to get it working.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:30 AM

2005 E55
Lol, ignore my post above, I misread your problem, I thought you were getting the, "No CD changer" message. Sorry for the confusion.

Trending Topics

Old 03-23-2010, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
I recently installed an aftermarket radio and after I was done I wanted to get some cd's that I left in the CD changer. When I pressed the button nothing happened. It seems that the function or power of the cd changer is tied into to the factory head unit.

It could be that a cable may have been disconnected. Have you been doing any thing with the front dash or radio?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by 02C32guy
Lol, ignore my post above, I misread your problem, I thought you were getting the, "No CD changer" message. Sorry for the confusion.
I was getting that message!! However with the help of my rubber mallet and a lil finesse, I was able to get the 6 disc changer out and its all good now!! Thanks for your help. One thing I learned, don't change discs in the middle of a song!! It freaks out the system!!

** Thanks everyone for your help!1 The ole Rubber pall peen hammer did the trick ***

Glenn