C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Looking to upgrade my c32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 06:22 PM

Location: Manhattan upper eastide, New York City moved back to south florida currently
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MooseJaws 04 C32
Looking to upgrade my c32

where can I get a good cold air intake?? Most places are hard to find for ours cars...thinking about doing a custom one? And for exhausts ideas how many people here are runnin headers and exhausts while retaining there amg tips or muffler? Can someone please enlighten me and point me in the right direction?right now I have a resonator delete...just did thermal spacer for the intake manifold. Drop in k and n filters cause the green filters were melted and old...code 3 pulley and code3 heat exchanger thanks to Moosejaw. I'm sure there's threads about this but I want to know about current setups please... Thank u all w203 owners
Old 09-16-2010, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SteveoAMG
where can I get a good cold air intake?? Most places are hard to find for ours cars...thinking about doing a custom one? And for exhausts ideas how many people here are runnin headers and exhausts while retaining there amg tips or muffler? Can someone please enlighten me and point me in the right direction?right now I have a resonator delete...just did thermal spacer for the intake manifold. Drop in k and n filters cause the green filters were melted and old...code 3 pulley and code3 heat exchanger thanks to Moosejaw. I'm sure there's threads about this but I want to know about current setups please... Thank u all w203 owners
there are a couple of intake options.....

1) SL55 intake
2) Eurocharged Dual Intake
3) Code 3 Intake
4) Make your own

i have headers on my car with a deleted resonator. sounds great.

what mods you should do depends on your budget. the mods i have in my signature are the mods i would recommend, since that is obviously what i did.

if you plan on keeping it on relatively low boost with that code3 pulley, then i think MY next step would be an intake and then an ECU tune so you can take full advantage of that pulley
Old 09-16-2010, 07:57 PM

Location: Manhattan upper eastide, New York City moved back to south florida currently
MooseJaws 04 C32
Originally Posted by jturkel
there are a couple of intake options.....

1) SL55 intake
2) Eurocharged Dual Intake
3) Code 3 Intake
4) Make your own

i have headers on my car with a deleted resonator. sounds great.

what mods you should do depends on your budget. the mods i have in my signature are the mods i would recommend, since that is obviously what i did.

if you plan on keeping it on relatively low boost with that code3 pulley, then i think MY next step would be an intake and then an ECU tune so you can take full advantage of that pulley
what kind of headers shortys or longtube and who makes them and is there a sound clip i can here lol
Old 09-16-2010, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by SteveoAMG
what kind of headers shortys or longtube and who makes them and is there a sound clip i can here lol
for the c32, eurocharged makes a set of shorty's. they also make longtubes though i think only one or two people on here have the long tubes

if you'd like, i can get some video of my exhaust tonight if you'd like to hear it. i think my exhaust setup is perfect
Old 09-16-2010, 09:11 PM

Silver 02 C32 & White 05 CLK500
for the c32, eurocharged makes a set of shorty's. they also make longtubes though i think only one or two people on here have the long tubes

if you'd like, i can get some video of my exhaust tonight if you'd like to hear it. i think my exhaust setup is perfect
Jturkel, I dont mean to thread steal, but can you please tell us where you got the SL55 intake from, how much did it cost you, and what parts are needed for the full setup? I am very interested.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by alkrstev
Jturkel, I dont mean to thread steal, but can you please tell us where you got the SL55 intake from, how much did it cost you, and what parts are needed for the full setup? I am very interested.
i made mine about 2 years ago. IIRC, there were 5 parts i had to purchase. you need the SL55 splitter, 2 SL55 air boxes (right and left) and 2 air hoses (go from inlet to airbox) and those are also left and right specific. i got them all from www.parts.com for like 280....the prices have since gone up (so i hear) and the price for that setup now might more....also, i think the SL55 splitter is now sold in 2 or 3 pieces, so keep that in mind.

if you do a full search for SL55 intake, one of the thread should have the part numbers. i am running out right now or else i'd pull them up for you

instead of buying each individual part, you could also try posting up in the SL55 section to see if you could buy someone's intake they aren't using. i also purchased K&Ns for the larger airboxes as well (got those used too...just cleaned them when i got them....like 30 bucks)

lemme know if you have difficulty finding what you need. if so, i can help you when i get back...
Old 09-16-2010, 09:45 PM

MooseJaws 04 C32
i made mine about 2 years ago. IIRC, there were 5 parts i had to purchase. you need the SL55 splitter, 2 SL55 air boxes (right and left) and 2 air hoses (go from inlet to airbox) and those are also left and right specific. i got them all from www.parts.com for like 280....the prices have since gone up (so i hear) and the price for that setup now might more....also, i think the SL55 splitter is now sold in 2 or 3 pieces, so keep that in mind.

if you do a full search for SL55 intake, one of the thread should have the part numbers. i am running out right now or else i'd pull them up for you

instead of buying each individual part, you could also try posting up in the SL55 section to see if you could buy someone's intake they aren't using. i also purchased K&Ns for the larger airboxes as well (got those used too...just cleaned them when i got them....like 30 bucks)

lemme know if you have difficulty finding what you need. if so, i can help you when i get back...
im down for the sl55 intake so i might need help with that and also i want a video
Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 PM

Silver 02 C32 & White 05 CLK500

Thanks for taking the time to explain. $280 is a great price for that intake(minus filters). The eurocharged one is $550+shipping, and I am not sure that it gives more power than the sl55 setup.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 PM

02 C32 AMG, 06 C230 Sport (Gone)
I just installed the SL 55 set up..parts.com is the best place ive seen to get it. Almost as good as my employee discount!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Mr.Benzo
I just installed the SL 55 set up..parts.com is the best place ive seen to get it. Almost as good as my employee discount!
How much..????