C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Thank You!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C32 AMG
Talking Thank You!!!

So if anyone has read my recent topic I was having problems with a few things in my car. 1. The super charger sounded like it was filled with rocks 2. The steering pump was getting noisy.

After many posts the issue is now fixed 1. We filled the steering pump up with fluid (it was a bit low) noise gone. Simple. 2. We changed things out on the SC one by one until we figured out I had a bad SC bearing. 3. Changed the oil in the super charger (smelled horrible) changed the breaks and a few hours later started her up.

wow...amazing. Quite, sleek, sexy and ready be driven. We couldn't have done it without you guys. I can't say thank you enough. There is so much great information here. Props to my brother as well. (Mechanic in training)

Anyway I took her out on the freeway tonight, slammed the pedal down until I hit what I like to call the "holy S***" button behind the gas pedal. This..car..is.. ungodly fast.

Can't wait to get groceries for the wife tomorrow...
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Is changing the SC oil something that should be done even when no symptoms are present?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:32 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Yes...it's recommended and really easy to do. Do a search theres a diy and even a video. First buy some mobil 1 jet oil online or from an aircraft mechanical shop and bypass the dealer who will charge you double for it.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interesting. Even up to a couple years ago, the chatter on the forum was that it was sealed and pretty much lifetime since the oild doesn't get real heated causing any degradation in quality.

Who is it recommended by?

Thanks. Will read into it.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:35 PM

Mercedes C32 AMG
Originally Posted by pointman
Interesting. Even up to a couple years ago, the chatter on the forum was that it was sealed and pretty much lifetime since the oild doesn't get real heated causing any degradation in quality.

Who is it recommended by?

Thanks. Will read into it.
It's not something that HAS to be done as Merc states it's life time oil. But it's very easy to change thanks to a few members here on the board. When I removed my oil there was only about 70ml in the charger (there should be about 120) It look pretty bad.

The oil you need can be found here: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...ilJetOilII.php And yes this is the correct oil. That can contains about 900ml so it's plenty. They guy also shipped very fast.

How to change your oil here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...-their-sc.html

I did notice a difference after changing the oil. It's a one beer job and well worth the small investment. One guy recommends putting Teflon on the oil bolt afterwards, I skipped this and used a little lock tight. Car is running great.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Interesting. Even up to a couple years ago, the chatter on the forum was that it was sealed and pretty much lifetime
Lifetime fluid like the transmission?

We changed things out on the SC one by one until we figured out I had a bad SC bearing.
Pulley bearing?

Last edited by gt4awd; 02-19-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:26 PM

Mercedes C32 AMG
Sorry, correction, SC pulley bearing

Trending Topics

Old 02-19-2011, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Budget Baller
It's not something that HAS to be done as Merc states it's life time oil. But it's very easy to change thanks to a few members here on the board. When I removed my oil there was only about 70ml in the charger (there should be about 120) It look pretty bad.

The oil you need can be found here: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...ilJetOilII.php And yes this is the correct oil. That can contains about 900ml so it's plenty. They guy also shipped very fast.

How to change your oil here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...-their-sc.html

I did notice a difference after changing the oil. It's a one beer job and well worth the small investment. One guy recommends putting Teflon on the oil bolt afterwards, I skipped this and used a little lock tight. Car is running great.
Awesome post. Thanks. Appreciate the info.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gt4awd
Lifetime fluid like the transmission?
Good point. But the last time I read about this on the forum was a while ago and the understanding was that no one did the SC oil change cause the oil never reached heats that caused it to degrade. I wonder if all the regulars on here are doing this.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Mercedes C32 AMG
Originally Posted by pointman
Good point. But the last time I read about this on the forum was a while ago and the understanding was that no one did the SC oil change cause the oil never reached heats that caused it to degrade. I wonder if all the regulars on here are doing this.
There are quite a few members that did it. When I looked at the oil it was pretty dirty though I imagine it still would have been fine. My concern was how low it was. While I'm sure the gears inside where probably lubricated enough it was still quite low. I'm not the only member to report this. One guy said he was only able to pull out 30CC (30ml) Now that's low.

It's such an easy job it's something you should really do Whole project costs less than 40 bucks and some time.