C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Professional Headlight Restorer "Headlight Pro" - Northern VA Area (Review)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
Professional Headlight Restorer "Headlight Pro" - Northern VA Area (Review)

Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to Louis at Headlight Pro in Northern VA for coming out to my office and refinishing the headlights on my C55. Before anyone asks, no I am not plugging his business because he is a friend. Found Headlight Pro on craigslist, called Louis on Monday morning, and had my headlights buffed, refinished with seal, and looking brand new 24 hours later without having to leave my office or take more than ten minutes out of my work day for only $79, which I feel is reasonable given the convenience and the alternative options.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), my C55 is my daily driver. That being the case, rain, wind, snow, or shine, my car is commuting in Northern VA every week year round. It sits outside of my office in the blazing heat of the summer and freezing temperatures during the winter months. Needless to say, my headlights began to yellow starting last summer and have continued to do so since then. I have used Plast-X (Meguiar's product) and Harbor Freight Tools headlight restoration kit on previous vehicle headlights, and while that works temporarily and never looks quite like new, the haziness/yellowness always comes back after spending a good 1-2 hours buffing the headlights.

Louis (owner of the company, which is only two years old and growing) came to my office, was professional, and was finished after twenty minutes using the industrial grade product that Headlight Pro buys in bulk and is not available except if you want to buy close to $500-$1000 in bulk product for one car. From speaking with him, Louis has a few guys working the different areas of Northern VA in order to cover more ground.

Right now, my headlights look brand new. Crystal clear with no yellow tint or discoloration of the plastic. I will post back in a few weeks once the treatment has had time to sink-in and I can further evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment.

Headlight Pro
http://www.headlightpro.com/
Call Louis to schedule: (703) 599-7741
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Talking

lol sorry Dude but it does sound like some sort of advertisement.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
+1
Old 05-19-2011, 09:03 AM

Either way, I was trying to do two things, one of which I hoped would benefit some members in my area: 1) Give Louis a shout out on the forum because he did a good job on my C55, most of his business comes from word of mouth and local ads and I figured sending some fellow Mercedes owners' business his way would be a nice gesture, 2) Provide local mbworld members with a solution/alternative to aging/hazy headlights.

A guy can't try to do something helpful around here without getting heckled!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Talking

Originally Posted by mrobinso
Either way, I was trying to do two things, one of which I hoped would benefit some members in my area: 1) Give Louis a shout out on the forum because he did a good job on my C55, most of his business comes from word of mouth and local ads and I figured sending some fellow Mercedes owners' business his way would be a nice gesture, 2) Provide local mbworld members with a solution/alternative to aging/hazy headlights.

No reason to get upset Dude....reading it again I still get the same feeling...even though it sounds convenient one thing about many of us C32/55 owners actually like to do the work ourself also...call it pride of ownership...there are many good self done applications for $30 or less that many of us will tend to try...not knocking the convenience yours offers...in a way once the seal is removed from headlight it makes it more prone to turn colors faster then when factory does it..but there are good products out there that require alot less time and verified thru searches many are happy with...2 hours buffing...well that can help ruin the seal if done wrong even a scratch can lead to weather ruining the restored headlight...either way good luck to you and the business you seem to be advertising...maybe toning it down like not mentioning how many years he has been in business..or providing website, name, number like as though you will benefit from it lol right back at ya
Old 05-19-2011, 01:39 PM

No reason to get upset Dude....reading it again I still get the same feeling...even though it sounds convenient one thing about many of us C32/55 owners actually like to do the work ourself also...call it pride of ownership...there are many good self done applications for $30 or less that many of us will tend to try...not knocking the convenience yours offers...in a way once the seal is removed from headlight it makes it more prone to turn colors faster then when factory does it..but there are good products out there that require alot less time and verified thru searches many are happy with...2 hours buffing...well that can help ruin the seal if done wrong even a scratch can lead to weather ruining the restored headlight...either way good luck to you and the business you seem to be advertising...maybe toning it down like not mentioning how many years he has been in business..or providing website, name, number like as though you will benefit from it lol right back at ya
I pretty much am a DIYourselfer for most items, but I couldn't seem to find a product that would seal the headlights like you seem to be referencing. In fact, I just changed my oil (bottom drain method) on Saturday. However, in my experience after 2 hours of buffing and 3 months later, being stuck with yellow headlights again was no fun. Providing Louis' contact information was intended to be helpful to anyone on the forum interested in the service. It appears my intention to help out Louis with with a recommendation (yes, he did a good job) and provide a benefit/reference to fellow forum members was fruitless.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thumbs down

I pretty much am a DIYourselfer for most items, but I couldn't seem to find a product that would seal the headlights like you seem to be referencing. In fact, I just changed my oil (bottom drain method) on Saturday. However, in my experience after 2 hours of buffing and 3 months later, being stuck with yellow headlights again was no fun. Providing Louis' contact information was intended to be helpful to anyone on the forum interested in the service. It appears my intention to help out Louis with with a recommendation (yes, he did a good job) and provide a benefit/reference to fellow forum members was fruitless.
I just said your original post felt more like advertising and you got upset..why? I decided based off research for my 96 Lexus ES300 which had the issue you had to search and found this thread

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es30...eadlights.html

and here

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls40...eadlights.html)

after reading what many other choices we had offered that appeared better I bought this

http://www.myheadlight.com/

and happy since...I'll be honest I've yet to see anyone having this issue in this forum at all...it don't mean it hasn't happened it may mean no one posted it. Now stop making a big deal of it and if you feel I'm wrong by making a simple comment report me please instead of pushing this thread back up to first spot if I didn't answer maybe no one in the 200 plus views would of either why cause it's not common right now..like I said it sounded like advertisement..the best response could have been made simple like ,"sorry but no it's not an advertisement" but instead you act like I did something wrong to you and blast me like I have a issue with others contributing when I don't.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:45 PM

I just said your original post felt more like advertising and you got upset..why? I decided based off research for my 96 Lexus ES300 which had the issue you had to search and found this thread

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es30...eadlights.html

and here

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls40...eadlights.html)

after reading what many other choices we had offered that appeared better I bought this

http://www.myheadlight.com/

and happy since...I'll be honest I've yet to see anyone having this issue in this forum at all...it don't mean it hasn't happened it may mean no one posted it. Now stop making a big deal of it and if you feel I'm wrong by making a simple comment report me please instead of pushing this thread back up to first spot if I didn't answer maybe no one in the 200 plus views would of either why cause it's not common right now..like I said it sounded like advertisement..the best response could have been made simple like ,"sorry but no it's not an advertisement" but instead you act like I did something wrong to you and blast me like I have a issue with others contributing when I don't.
I have never searched through a Lexus forum, just done some Google research and searched mbworld and settled upon the buffing process with Meguiar's Plast-X, which isn't a lasting fix. But getting back to the point (or away from it as you seem to be directing this line of comments), your impressive posting record doesn't mean that because you provide commentary about my post doesn't mean I can't respond in turn. My responses have been thoughtful and I wouldn't consider them to be "making a big deal" or "upset" sounding. Who is the one getting indignant here anyways?
Old 05-19-2011, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID

I didnt see it as an ad, BUT would love to see photos of before and after!!

The guy was just sharing...............................I for one appreciate the heads-up as one of my old mini-vans needs this!! I did a DIY and it wasnt near as good as (the results on the Lexus forum were much better) . I hope this company above ^^^ did a good job for $80 bucks.

Last edited by Newzchspy; 05-19-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55
mrobinso, do you park your C55 in a garage overnight? I havent noticed any issues with this on my C55, but it is a HUGE issue with my "soccer mom" volvo that I park outside. I might have to look into your endorsement of this man's quality work. Thanks for sharing
Old 05-19-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ultra Stone
mrobinso, do you park your C55 in a garage overnight? I havent noticed any issues with this on my C55, but it is a HUGE issue with my "soccer mom" volvo that I park outside. I might have to look into your endorsement of this man's quality work. Thanks for sharing
Unfortunately, I don't have before and after photos Newzchspy. Even if I had taken before photos, they would have been poor because I don't have a digital camera and use my Blackberry (I know, its a joke) for photos. I'll take a few photos of the "after" headlights when I get a chance.

Ultra Stone, my car is in a garage at night, but I am fairly sure my problem is where it is parked during the day! My company does not have garage parking and, therefore, my poor C55 sits outside in the hot sun year round (worse in the summer, of course) while I am at work. All those constant UV rays take their toll. I will say, if you are thinking of DIY, do not wet sand the headlights before buffing and polishing like many people online say to do. I myself have done this on my Crossfire with limited results. When doing my headlights, Louis noted that someone (previous owner) had sanded the headlights and recommended that you do not do this, as the fine scratches on the headlights may never come out (even if you buff for hours). This was news to me and I am sure people will counter this and say that they have sanded their headlights with great success. I am just throwing it out there, if you are thinking of getting your headlights treated, hold-off on the sandpaper/steel wool.