C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New C32 owner here. My heater is staying on and boy is it hot out.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C32
New C32 owner here. My heater is staying on and boy is it hot out.

Afternoon guys. First of all I am not new to forum etiquette and I swear I have searched and searched for this issue before asking...lol

I just picked up a 55,000 C32 and LOVE it. The only issue I am having is that my blower motor/heater stays blowing on my feet and defroster even if the unit is off. If I try to turn the AC on it blows out of the rear seat vents but nothing comes out up front. Any ideas?

Also, I am located in South Jersey and would very much enjoy meeting some of the other C32 owners in the area and possibly ride in a modded C32 to see what direction I want to take mine.

Thanks in advance guys
Old 05-26-2011, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
sorry i can't help you with your problem, but congrats on your new car!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:29 PM

C32, E93 M3
probably an issue with the fan vent diverter motor
Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM

C55 AMG
Search for "stepper motor".

Cheap part, but a PITA to replace.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:46 PM

2002 Mercedes Benz C32
Thanks guys. I have a feeling that's it's a stepper motor issue though I have no clicking or popping noises at all. I will try the climate control test mode and see what happens. Any southern NJ or southeastern PA guys reading this? If so I would like to take a ride in your modded C32s?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:36 PM

2002 Mercedes Benz C32
I finally did the self test and it never stopped testing itself which tells me there is an issue but I was under the impression that I would get the annoying clicking/ticking noise and I get no noises. Also, the defroster heater starts blowing as soon as I turn the key to the ignition ON position and it will stay on and run while the car is running and even stays on for about a minute after I turn the car off and remove the key. It has randomly turned itself off for anywhere from 20 seconds up to about 2 minutes. Very strange and I have not found any similar issues posted here. My local MB dealer has offered me a free "once over" for the entire car. Will their STAR test be specific as to what the problem is?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:30 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Do the "once over" with your dealer....... and then take it somewhere else to have the work done

STAR diagnostics is a fancy word for an OBDII reader. It will detect any codes the car is throwing off. Some codes, as you might know, will not trip the CEL so its good to run once in a while. However many Autozone and Discount Auto Parts locations have OBDII readers you can buy / rent (...often times for free).
Old 05-31-2011, 01:39 AM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by speedracertjl
I finally did the self test and it never stopped testing itself which tells me there is an issue but I was under the impression that I would get the annoying clicking/ticking noise and I get no noises. Also, the defroster heater starts blowing as soon as I turn the key to the ignition ON position and it will stay on and run while the car is running and even stays on for about a minute after I turn the car off and remove the key. It has randomly turned itself off for anywhere from 20 seconds up to about 2 minutes. Very strange and I have not found any similar issues posted here. My local MB dealer has offered me a free "once over" for the entire car. Will their STAR test be specific as to what the problem is?
You mean if you hear clicking or ticking it could be a stepper? I hear the clicking in the winter months, when I start the car, it goes... tick, tick, tick, tick for like 1 min, then stops. It sounds like it is coming from the center of the dash.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Mark.D
Do the "once over" with your dealer....... and then take it somewhere else to have the work done

STAR diagnostics is a fancy word for an OBDII reader. It will detect any codes the car is throwing off. Some codes, as you might know, will not trip the CEL so its good to run once in a while. However many Autozone and Discount Auto Parts locations have OBDII readers you can buy / rent (...often times for free).
+1(STAR machines is alot fancier then any OBDII reader)

I think this your best route I feel some kind of electrical issue cause you are having control issues..I'm wondering if you installed something that may have gotten wires swithed
Old 05-31-2011, 04:52 PM

2002 Mercedes Benz C32
Thanks for all the input. I have added nothing new to cause any issues. It's just a shame that it's been too hot to drive it with the windows open and the heat STUCK on. I will keep you guys advised as to what I find.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Remove fuse or disconnect it then it'll be driveable