C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Nitrous Kit for my C55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Nitrous Kit for my C55

I was looking for a nice nitrous kit for my car now that my SC is maxed out.

I have narrowed it down to EFI Wet kits from 75-150 shot capacity.

Here are the ones I'm considering.

ZEX-82065 Dual Stage, NX-20927-10, VENOM 735-n750-8, NOS 05131 and the Ny-Trex 11010.

I like the VENOM since it has a computer module that monitors and adjusts the fuel automatically and shuts off the nitrous when it goes lean.

Here is the link. http://www.jegs.com/i/Venom/735/N750-8/10002/-1

What do you guys think? I primarily looked at Summit Racing and Jegs site.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Oh so true!!!! I'm DONE with any more modding. My next car will be not be modded anything beyond a simple tune.

It's been gone far too long during it's lifespan.

I think you are an addict and well beyond treatment.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Lenin

I think you are an addict and well beyond treatment.

You're one to talk , still chasing Jake's record
Old 08-21-2011, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/U][/B]

You're one to talk , still chasing Jake's record
No, I'm just having a good time driving this car to work every day and on occasion going to the track. If I happen to break the record, I'll take it and
will brag about it, but otherwise, I'm happy to be in 3rd only 0.1 seconds behind the shop car. Had this car for close to 10 years and love every day of ownership.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
The nos kit brain interfaces with the MB O2 Sensor and ECU to increase fuel when on NOS by reading O2 readings real-time.

I'm not sure how this will work with your custom tune, and if it will readily interface with the MB ECU? Also this will not work so well if your current fuel inj are maxed out with your current blower setup under boost. If you're already using a adj fuel press reg to make up for small inj under boost.... this prob won't work for you.

I would choose a diff kit:
* you want a wet system meaning it supplies NOS and fuel. The wet systems I've delt with had solenoids for nos and fuel that kicked on under NOS use.
* you want a window switch which will not allow activation of nos under 3-3.5K rpms..... the worst thing you can do (short of going lean on NOS), is to turn it on at idle.... let the nos pool in the intake mani / blower, backfire and blow the top of your motor off. It does happen that is why they make you use the switch to turn it on @ WOT above 3K rpm.
* you want a bottle heater to keep consisent pressure supply.

To do it right all of this extra stuff adds up to wires, solenoids, complexity.

You could prob get away with a simple system with say a 30-50 shot to use primarily for the purposes of cooling the intake charge...... and net some impressive gains with the blower. I'd def start small, and don't get greedy

I like your style SIR! Go big or go home .
Old 08-21-2011, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Thanks for the info. I also noticed that the Venom was a Dry kit a day later after I posted. I definitely need a Wet kit. I am considering only the ZEX or NX EFI, Universal, Fly by Wire kits. I don't think I need a two stage kit or Direct port but will wait to talk to DynoComp on Tuesday when Rich gets back.

I don't think fuel will be an issue since I am running on E55K injectors AND the Kleemann fuel kit with Boost-a-pump. It's just a matter of having Rich tune for it. The kits I'm looking at includes jets in increments of 25 alll the way from 50 to 150.

Originally Posted by betrezra
The nos kit brain interfaces with the MB O2 Sensor and ECU to increase fuel when on NOS by reading O2 readings real-time.

I'm not sure how this will work with your custom tune, and if it will readily interface with the MB ECU? Also this will not work so well if your current fuel inj are maxed out with your current blower setup under boost. If you're already using a adj fuel press reg to make up for small inj under boost.... this prob won't work for you.

I would choose a diff kit:
* you want a wet system meaning it supplies NOS and fuel. The wet systems I've delt with had solenoids for nos and fuel that kicked on under NOS use.
* you want a window switch which will not allow activation of nos under 3-3.5K rpms..... the worst thing you can do (short of going lean on NOS), is to turn it on at idle.... let the nos pool in the intake mani / blower, backfire and blow the top of your motor off. It does happen that is why they make you use the switch to turn it on @ WOT above 3K rpm.
* you want a bottle heater to keep consisent pressure supply.

To do it right all of this extra stuff adds up to wires, solenoids, complexity.

You could prob get away with a simple system with say a 30-50 shot to use primarily for the purposes of cooling the intake charge...... and net some impressive gains with the blower. I'd def start small, and don't get greedy

I like your style SIR! Go big or go home .
Old 08-21-2011, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
If you really want to do this (I wouldn't...), you should call your tuner (Dyno-Comp) and ask what kit they recommend you use, and if you need your tune adjusted to compensate.

Trending Topics

Old 08-21-2011, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dyno-Comp has a RAT switch to load multiple programs. I can possibly have them add another Nitrous program to the toggle switch.

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
If you really want to do this (I wouldn't...), you should call your tuner (Dyno-Comp) and ask what kit they recommend you use, and if you need your tune adjusted to compensate.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Sounds like an easy way to break your car again.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
I honestly don't know what you are trying to prove here...
You should just get a GTR or C63 and go all out...
Old 08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

These Nitrous kits are only $500-$1000 and if installation cost is reasonable and tuning and safety are assured then it's a small final investment before moving on to the next project. On my other thread, the dyno chart clearly shows that the SC is maxed out but my other components can handle alot more power such as the upgraded tranny, lower compression pistons, valves, heads, injectors, etc..

Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
I honestly don't know what you are trying to prove here...
You should just get a GTR or C63 and go all out...
Old 08-23-2011, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
I know you've been doing this project since I got my C55 in 2006.. I know you've done a lot of efforts / time but in my honest opinion, I think it's time to move on to a new project..

I honestly give you a lot of props for trying and admire your passion for your car. I'm just afraid that by installing nitrous could cause some negative results..

Best of luck to ya.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nitrous idea is dead

I talked to Rich this morning and he said if it was his car he would not do the nitrous kit. First of all, he thinks nitrous is a "novelty" and there are so many risks with installing one. To do it right, he would have to change the entire fuel system hardware, not just a third software caliberation. Blowing fuel and nitrous into a supercharger is a BAD idea so only a DIRECT PORT setup would work but once again the risks outweigh the benefits. He asked me "What happens if the fuel pump fails, or an injector goes bad or the boost-a-bump short circuits. He's done so many nitrous setups but he said a correct setup takes a lot of work and details involving not only software safeguards but hardware as well.

He told me without any disrespect to Mike that this car feels alot faster than Hooley's C55 that is back in his shop right now so I should be satisfied. I was considering throwing on a set of PTE cams but he just told me to leave it alone as the gains do not meet the cost-benefit analysis.

So off to the track I go after I install the lightweight hood, fenders and wheels. This project is FINITO! Time to look at my next project soon.

Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
I know you've been doing this project since I got my C55 in 2006.. I know you've done a lot of efforts / time but in my honest opinion, I think it's time to move on to a new project..

I honestly give you a lot of props for trying and admire your passion for your car. I'm just afraid that by installing nitrous could cause some negative results..

Best of luck to ya.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I talked to Rich this morning and he said if it was his car he would not do the nitrous kit. First of all, he thinks nitrous is a "novelty" and there are so many risks with installing one. To do it right, he would have to change the entire fuel system hardware, not just a third software caliberation. Blowing fuel and nitrous into a supercharger is a BAD idea so only a DIRECT PORT setup would work but once again the risks outweigh the benefits. He asked me "What happens if the fuel pump fails, or an injector goes bad or the boost-a-bump short circuits. He's done so many nitrous setups but he said a correct setup takes a lot of work and details involving not only software safeguards but hardware as well.

He told me without any disrespect to Mike that this car feels alot faster than Hooley's C55 that is back in his shop right now so I should be satisfied. I was considering throwing on a set of PTE cams but he just told me to leave it alone as the gains do not meet the cost-benefit analysis.

So off to the track I go after I install the lightweight hood, fenders and wheels. This project is FINITO! Time to look at my next project soon.
Now you are thinking. Enjoy the car and don't forget to post the results from the track.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, 135i, 911 GT3, GLE43 AMG
...So off to the track I go after I install the lightweight hood, fenders and wheels. This project is FINITO! Time to look at my next project soon.
As I've said before, just DRIVE and ENJOY the F***** car!!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Are you going to sell the car eventually?
Old 08-24-2011, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBfinatic
Are you going to sell the car eventually?
That would not make any sense being that this is now one of the two most powerful C55s on the planet. Both record holding C55s are at DYNO-COMP now. According to Richard at DC it feels much faster and stronger than Hooley's old C55 but that's just his seat of the pants feel. Accroding to him, He drove them both this week and the difference is noticable. Now I don't know if anything is wrong with that car but that car WAS the fastest and most powerful C55 on the planet. I have to thank Hooley as well for some of his parts (i.e. long tube headers) and he is a buddy of Rich so I'm sure they both wanted to see another C55 that can possibly run head to head real soon.

I am extremely confident that I'll get over 500rwhp on a Dynojet in cooler weather when I pick up the car next week. No CELs after several hundred miles of test driving by Rich and his techs. The car was pretty heat-soaked and still pulled 475rwhp/525rwtq on a DD Dyno in 110 heat. I know Hooley's highest documented dyno was 482rwhp/580rwtq which is still the record on the same Dyno but I don't know the weather conditions on that run.

Alumnar's Kleemann S8 only sold for $20K so the market does not value heavily modified C55s. I was beating some modified E55s before I upgraded the motor so this last round of mods should make it one of the fastest AMGs period after the lightweight parts are installed. I love this car and plan on keeping for a LONG time. My next project will be another car but not to replace this one.

Last edited by AMGSC; 08-24-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Can't wait to see how she does on a good prep trackin good weather!

You big-dogs were certainly my inspiration.... or should I say... I BLAME you all for my klee mod car sickness.

Off to work.. time to drive my klee=car the 30 miles to my job. I love it.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by betrezra
Can't wait to see how she does on a good prep trackin good weather!

You big-dogs were certainly my inspiration.... or should I say... I BLAME you all for my klee mod car sickness.

Off to work.. time to drive my klee=car the 30 miles to my job. I love it.
In turn, you are inspiring others as well. After I told my buddy member KLINH about your car with the new Kleemann-Eaton's peformance, he decided to go ahead and contact Cory about a setup like yours.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
perhaps we will never know who is or was faster. 11.55 is the mark, go get it.

Just drive the car and enjoy it. Don't do anything else until you have 1 year of solid driving on that car. Just enjoy the car.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Leave NOS for the JDM
Old 08-24-2011, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
That would not make any sense being that this is now one of the two most powerful C55s on the planet. Both record holding C55s are at DYNO-COMP now. According to Richard at DC it feels much faster and stronger than Hooley's old C55 but that's just his seat of the pants feel. Accroding to him, He drove them both this week and the difference is noticable. Now I don't know if anything is wrong with that car but that car WAS the fastest and most powerful C55 on the planet. I have to thank Hooley as well for some of his parts (i.e. long tube headers) and he is a buddy of Rich so I'm sure they both wanted to see another C55 that can possibly run head to head real soon.

I am extremely confident that I'll get over 500rwhp on a Dynojet in cooler weather when I pick up the car next week. No CELs after several hundred miles of test driving by Rich and his techs. The car was pretty heat-soaked and still pulled 475rwhp/525rwtq on a DD Dyno in 110 heat. I know Hooley's highest documented dyno was 482rwhp/580rwtq which is still the record on the same Dyno but I don't know the weather conditions on that run.
I was surprised to read this... I thought Dyno-Comp (and MBH) didn't want anything to do with Hooleyboy's old car, after it was wrecked and considered a total-loss, and advised anyone and everyone who would listen that the car could have lingering problems and safety issues and as such should be considered a risky undertaking.

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
perhaps we will never know who is or was faster. 11.55 is the mark, go get it.

Just drive the car and enjoy it. Don't do anything else until you have 1 year of solid driving on that car. Just enjoy the car.
Exceptional advice - AMGSC would be wise to follow it.

Also, not trying to stir the pot, but am genuinely curious - above it mentions "both record-holding C55's" - what record(s) are held by AMGSC's car?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exceptional advice - AMGSC would be wise to follow it.

Also, not trying to stir the pot, but am genuinely curious - above it mentions "both record-holding C55's" - what record(s) are held by AMGSC's car?
As Hooley proclaimed that he had the highest rwhp/rwtq numbers on record, I compared my most recent rwhp/rwtq numbers to any other C55 on this forum and elsewhere and could not find one with a higher rwhp/rwtq number especially on a DD dyno. Maybe MBMexico's twin turbo had higher numbers than any of us but I cound not find his official dyno chart nor any proof that the car was still running. Both our cars also had higher dyno numbers than the reigning C55 king (AMGDragon) 5 years ago.

Ultimately, it comes down to getting her to the track.

Last edited by AMGSC; 08-24-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
I was surprised to read this... I thought Dyno-Comp (and MBH) didn't want anything to do with Hooleyboy's old car, after it was wrecked and considered a total-loss, and advised anyone and everyone who would listen that the car could have lingering problems and safety issues and as such should be considered a risky undertaking.
Yeah, I don't know why Rich took it in. I told him to send that car on its way. I for sure have and want nothing to do with it.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 PM

2010 C63
sentimental value?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Kit for my C55