C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 Transmission Flush?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c280 1998, 2002 C32, 2000 Ford Excursion
C32 Transmission Flush?

About to do this the first time on my c32. any tips? should I replace the filter?
Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 PM

C32
Yes a must, replace the filter, and glue a super magnet at the bottom of the pan, if you have a valeo radiator check for anti freeze contamination in the used fluid.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 AM

Mine 03 C32-Hers 04 c32
is there a how to on this? I just picked up one of those thingies that suck the fluid out, I did not no we had a filter. is it hard to get to?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
There are several areas to drain. One is the main sump - that is where the filter is. The other is the transmission cooler line that runs out to the front of the car through a small transmission radiator.

Then also you have fluid in the torque converter. They usually have a drain plug.

A really good flush is quite a lot of work and getting the refill levels right can take some patience.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by irokwrx
is there a how to on this? I just picked up one of those thingies that suck the fluid out, I did not no we had a filter. is it hard to get to?
Splinter's writeup and ensuing discussion:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...n-service.html
Old 02-07-2012, 08:10 PM

Mine 03 C32-Hers 04 c32
Thanks!!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:00 AM

2003 C32 AMG
Make sure the little caps on the transmission lines at the radiator are oriented correctly. The metal c shaped clip goes into a slot not only on this cap or fitting, but the fitting's slots have to be alligned with the slots on the actual fitting/tube on the radiator itself. I made a huge mess of my garage as i started up my car for the first time (after i had everything bolted back together of course) because the c- clip wasnt going throught the slots on the radiator tubing and therefore the cooler line came out and oil spurted everywhere...

Trending Topics

Old 04-10-2012, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Originally Posted by loudandheard
Ok, so I finally figure out how to install the upper trans cooling line in to the radiator and it has been problem free.

A few pointers so that you don't go crazy and question your work.
If you pull out the upper cooling trans line from the radiator, make sure to push it all the way in and the clip installs only one way. Take a picture of it before taking it out. I installed on three separate occasions and each time there was no leak. I would drive it for a day and then I'd have trans fluid pouring out of the car. Make sure to constantly check the connection to see that it's been done correctly. That stupid connection cost me a day at work and having to buy trans fluid at the dealer @$25 liter.

When you fill the trans fluid in the fill tube, make sure to pour very slowly. Since the tube is so small, it tends to overflow if you pour too much at one time. The funny thing is that the fluid flows down the tube to the transmission and comes out around the trans pan. So it appears that your transmission pan is leaking, when in reality it's over flow from the fill tube. I couldn't figure it out, until I actually saw it. I ended up having to do triple the work just because I thought my trans was leaking and all it was, was that the fill tube was overflowing.

The job is very easy and I would recommend doing it. There area various places where you can buy the recommended fluid cheaper than what it can be found at the dealer. Make sure to buy a few spares for just in case.
Link: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ion-flush.html

More info: https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...ush-today.html

Last edited by loudandheard; 04-10-2012 at 08:08 PM.