C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

New owner...maybe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner...maybe

Great site. Been trolling the board for a while now. Got a shot at an 04 C32 loaded with only 2,000 miles and perfect. Black/charcoal, zenons, nav, etc. How much do you guys think it's worth??? What about $47,000?
Any thoughts?
Old 05-17-2004, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
seems like a pretty damn good deal if the car is loaded. What about waiting for a C55?
Old 05-17-2004, 11:24 PM

Thought about the C55 but I've got an 04 vette now, so the V8 thing doesn't matter much to me.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG Black on Carlsson 1/6 EVO
It's worth about 48,000.00 I would think, anymore your betta off buying a new one.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Godfather's stuly offer: Make an offer the dealer can't refuse

Originally posted by myamg
Great site. Been trolling the board for a while now. Got a shot at an 04 C32 loaded with only 2,000 miles and perfect. Black/charcoal, zenons, nav, etc. How much do you guys think it's worth??? What about $47,000?
Any thoughts?
Mr myamg:

Since I am sure you can give the dealership all the bs... excuse me.. all the "reasons", C55's coming; C32s may not sell as well, blah, blah, blahhhhhhhhhhh, why don't you offer them 32k.. which is the figure a M Benz dealership "offered" me for my AMG... haha!!!.. (sad to say, I never trade cars at a dealership, I rather use the car until it falls a part instead)... amazingly, as I was "being offered" that for my car, there was a C32 with twice the mileage, twice as old for twice as much being asked by the same dealership!... and see what they say...

Unless you really, really want the car, as I always tell my wife and in this case to you: it is your money, if the dealer doesn't want it, there will be other that will and will do anything to get your business. .

What do ya think?

Wiedermann
Old 05-18-2004, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Ok, it’s got to stop, every time someone mentions, "I am getting a C32"
People come in and go "Why when you can get a C55?"

The C55 is going to be very expensive Hard to find, first year production cars always have bugs, it’s a V8 and we are going into a gas crunch.

The C55 will be nice, but if I am ever getting into a V8, It will not be in a C Class.

The C32 is an insane car. I think it's the best affordable all around package Benz has to offer.

I think most companies are going to get away from V8's
They can't give H2's away right now.
It makes me think our country is in full denial of the fact that we are running out of oil..
People in the auto industry are freaking I betcha.

edit speeelling

Last edited by Vader13; 05-18-2004 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:21 AM

Nothing
Since I am sure you can give the dealership all the bs... excuse me.. all the "reasons", C55's coming; C32s may not sell as well, blah, blah, blahhhhhhhhhhh, why don't you offer them 32k.. which is the figure a M Benz dealership "offered" me for my AMG... haha!!!..
32K!!! Jeeesh, that is like ripping the dealer's arm off, and hitting him through his face with the bloody end of the arm!!! But anyway, if he can get away with that offer the goodluck to him.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:21 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
$47k sounds good w/ nav, bi-xenon, etc options w/ only 2k miles on the clock. That's like buying a floor sample good deal. I'd take it, but if I have the $$ to get the C55 and don't have the C32, I'd wait for the C55 it always feels good to be one of the first to own a type of car.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Competition to Mercedes Benz...1000 Horsepower coming by GM...

Originally posted by AMG FANATIC
32K!!! Jeeesh, that is like ripping the dealer's arm off, and hitting him through his face with the bloody end of the arm!!!...
Mr AMG FANATIC:

I laughed so hard after your "...hitting him through his face with the bloody end of the arm!!!" comment that, after getting some CPR from my wife and gainning some composture is that I am able to reply with my other 2 cents (oh nooooo!!!! ).

After I got the "offer" of 32k, I decided to not take the "offer" AND at the same token when the delaer was showing me the bill for 104k for my US production E55 (all options except the panoramic glass thing --roof-- on top), I told them that it was "impossible" for me to pay anything more than 75k for the car, that based on the "blue book's" value for an E55 ... during my "negotiating" I was prepared to walk away from the car (E55) and the whole purchase... to that is something that Mr. myamg has to evaluate how much he wants that car and have an "option No. 2" ie. another vehicle, a lot of alcohol, etc
Originally posted by Vader13
I think most companies are going to get away from V8's
They can't give H2's away right now.
It makes me think our country is in full denial of the fact that we are running out of oil..
People in the auto industry are freaking I betcha.
Mr Vader!!!:

This newest engine, officially the GM XV16, is rated at 1000 hp, far superior in output to any now in production todate.

Essentially, it is eight overhead-valve V-twins tied together, but it uses a single casting for the block. For two years in a row, Cadillac has unveiled oversize engines in concept cars.

Though I've heard and now I am reading from various sources "Don't be surprised if GM is serious about putting a 7.5-liter V12 or even a V16 on the road...", "Indications are that massive engines are planned for future cars" which is "no news" these days .

If the project gets a green light, the 13.6-liter V16 could power a superluxury Cadillac sedan aimed at such competitors as Rolls-Royce and Maybach.... 2005-2006 Cadillac V16 ... desicion has not been announced as of yet from Detroit... hmmmm

Some "smaller" beast are coming out of the GM brands... 400 hp CTS-V by Cadillac, the new Corvette with similar power... hmmm...

Any thoughts? (BRING BACK DA' FORGED MAN!)

Wiedermann
Old 05-18-2004, 09:13 AM

What a great site!!! You guys are more fun that a Mustang forum!!!
All in all some good advice. I will offer a lower price and we'll see what happens. I could wait for a C55, but for the $15k more it would cost than this deal, I don't think it will be worth it. I would rather put that money saved into an E55 or something similar.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:19 AM

Nothing
Originally posted by myamg
What a great site!!! You guys are more fun that a Mustang forum!!!
All in all some good advice. I will offer a lower price and we'll see what happens. I could wait for a C55, but for the $15k more it would cost than this deal, I don't think it will be worth it. I would rather put that money saved into an E55 or something similar.
Good idea - and just think what you can do to a C32 with $15k.