Old 06-15-2004, 04:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
C32 Folding mirros...

Mr amg1c32:
Originally posted by amg1c32
any one have the part #s for the folding mirrors and cost of the mod
I can only provide you with the second part of your question. Having the part number(s) may not do you any good as you may not be able to order those in the US.. though you can try .

Cost of the parts (left and right frames, mirrors are transferred from your exiting mirrors as well at the outside housing, switch which replaces your current switch which you will need to provide details if you have Xenons, Non Xenons, headlamp washer, no headlamp washer, etc) + shipping (3 day) + handling + insurance Euros = 506.70 (Euro change rate per my Credit Card Co at the day of the transaction was 1.2 US Dollars per Euro). Costs of installation.. whelp?? that is up to you... if you do it yourself... that might be the most expensive install if you take into consideration your time.. or may be the cheapest install that you will ever see... or you can have the dealer install it for you... and that will depend on how much the dealer wants to charge you (1 hours, 2 hours?)...

You may want to check other postings on this: Illuminated Front and Rear Door Sills, Electric Folding mirrors (W203)

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 06-15-2004, 11:17 AM

2006 Corvette Coupe
Euro vs. US side mirrors?

Someone told me they thought European cars come with different (much wider angle view) side mirrors than the same cars imported into the US. Anyone know whether this is true, and if so, has anyone used them in the US?
Old 06-15-2004, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
the physical size of the mirrors are the same. The difference is that EURO mirrors have a slight curve on the outer end of the mirrors to eliminate the blind spot. Very helpful.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Electric Folding mirrors (W203) (update)

Here is a pic of the parts, notice the mirror frames are in a folded position

I thought I should share this with all those interested in the update... the correct parts for the W203 folding mirror frames have arrived and are sitting in my house. They will be installed + programmed accordingly this Friday June 18th, 2004.

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 06-20-2004, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
W203 Electric Folding mirror frames final...

Front look with the mirrors folded

Driver's side

Driver's side/Passenger side

Dashboard mounted Light control switch with additional buttons to control electric folding mirror frames

W203 Electric folding mirrors with long harness attached to frames used on this installation

W203 Electric folding mirrors with additional short harness (Extra set that I have at my house)

Xenon foglights
(Mr Sunman.. you might remember the chemical compound in the license plate from your phisiology-cardio classes way back when in 2 yr in med school ...or you don't remember???? nahhh... the other cars have license plates with the other resulting compounds to balance the Ph )

The bulbs are 9006 and those are the same on the standard Hallogen bulb on the C32...

Some pins that I saw at the dealer today

Wiedermann
Old 06-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G
how much did you pay for the hid kit? and easy install? (how much labor?$)
Old 06-20-2004, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Foglights HID costs

Mr. ro0zy:
Originally posted by ro0zy
how much did you pay for the hid kit? and easy install? (how much labor?$)
I upgraded to Xenons when I got the car a year ago just shortly after I got the car devlivered... I just posted pictures recently of the fog lights turned on as in a previous posting in the picture thread the lights were not turned on (only the headlamps were in the C32 picture thread).

Prices for the HID kits vary, on the web you can find many kits and they all have different prices... my advice is whatever you get... before you compare prices, make sure that whatever quote you get it is compaired as "aples to aples" between kits. I had the kit and installation all done at my same shop all together.. price???.. well... at the time I had 4 vehicles done at once... (Cadillac DeVille low and high beams, Lincoln Navigator high beams and fog lights only as they come with standard HIDs on the low beams, BMW 330i foglights only, C32 foglights only so the bill was several thousands of dollars for all the cars at once; for the entire kit(s) and including installation for all cars . There is no need to activate any setting in the ECU after the kit is installed in the car (unlike when you upgrade from Hallogen headlights to bi-Xenons which you do have to set to present)

I also have the amber HID light bulb for the fogs, that is in case I want to use the fog lights in fog conditions... otherwise the foglights illuminate a very steady beam low from the bumper into the road... if you were in the car at night you would see how nice the lighting is...

Regarding the Folding mirrors... I don't have the invoice with me, but aprox. $650.00 US Dollars for brand new parts that includes what you see on the pictures on the first/second pages on the thread (switch, both frames with their corresponding wiring harness, the rest comes right out of your existing vehicle like mirrors, housing turning signal).
Costs of installing... that is up to you to "negotiate" if you have your dealer install them, you do it, etc.

FYI: For those still interested in the extra electric folding frame set that I have: I have sold the swtich that I had for the extra set. If any is interested, I ONLY have the electric folding frames (that come with their correspondig wiring harness). PM me if you are interested.

Cheers!

Wiedermann